Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Bakuman 25 Review by Sarry

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 25 Review by Sarry

Credits go to AkAtSuki and Tsuchikage for Scanlating and translating the chapter
    Sorry for posting this late, I wanted to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything

Jealousy and Love.

Hmm, this chapter doesn't have much information, so the review might be somewhat short.

The rush for the info

Run Forrest, Run

An arc finishes and another more exciting begins, Saiko is rushing towards his home to find his old drawn mangas, his "gold" well.

The suspicion begins

A new, perhaps nasty climax is about to begin

But as any other manga, there is meant to be a climax or a conflict, and that it coming very soon. As Saiko was learning some things that he had forgotten, Takagi was spending his time, or most of his time with his girlfriend Miyoshi. Thus Takagi was not spending much time on the name.

Another "Gold" mine

This is both good and bad; since Takagi has been writing another type of stories, he must have gained new experience and a new better style. As well, he would have found a source that he can base some of his elements or stories on.

Planting the seeds of disaster

But, the bad news goes to Miyoshi, as she has already gotten news from companies, yet she can't write as good as Takagi, which intrudces a major problem in almost every field, and that is Plagiarism. This could very well land Takagi and Miyoshi in a pool of fire, in the future of course.

The beginning...

Doubt and Jealousy

On the other side of the situation, Saiko begins to doubt Takagi, and even wonder if Takagi is actually serious or just fooling around. However, a look from afar, the reader can tell that Saiko might be misunderstanding the situation and taking unnecessary action.

Borders and Limits are being set....

Mentally, Saiko issues an ultimatum to Takagi, 'either have a name by the end of the break, or I am working on my own'.

A heated argument or splitting up, that's the two roads that this manga is heading this arc. Even though it is a simple misunderstanding on Saiko's part, I think both artists will remain together, as they both complete each other in terms of writing names and drawing the panels.

....A mental standoff soon to come

But the ironic part is that fact that both Mashiro and Takagi are preparing for a mystery manga, for sure it is foreshadowing their next hit on Jump, and a subconscious proof that they are thinking on similar tracks.

Also, we get some more development, if you can call it that, from Mashiro and Azuki, and it seems that they will remain a distant couple throughout both their carriers.
    But to add to the element of perhaps incompatibly, Takagi's relation with Miyoshi is the opposite, where they hang out most of the time, if Takagi isn't working on manga. Surely the signs of mistrust are beginning to show.

Rating: Another 10/10, this chapter builds suspense, and emotions in readers' hearts and minds.

Prediction: The next arc will be messy and perhaps nasty, but it will be fun to watch.

Off topic Note : Takagi is like Kira re-incarnated, hehehe, I was sure Ohba Tsugumi & Obata Takeshi will return him, in any form

Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; February 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VASSiLi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 25 Review by Sarry

First of all, thank you for doing every week nice reviews, and for using our scans for they. As you said, I agree with you: this was a nice chapter, but nothing of special (my rating about it is 6/10). However I don't understand the lack of communication between the two guys. Why Saiko doesn't meet Shujin in four weeks?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 25 Review by Sarry

Thanks a lot VASSiLi

TO answer your question: Saiko wanted to see if Takagi was as serious as Saiko is about being a Mangaka. So he gave Takagi the break time as a test to see if Takagi indeed has the interest and enthusiasm needed to continue into the next challenge/step.

New Reply