Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Bakuman 24 Review By Sarry

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 24 Review By Sarry

Hola

Welcome back to another review of Bakuman, and the second for me
    Credits go to AkAtSuki for scanlating the chapter of Bakuman 24

Chapter 24: Notebooks and Characters

Words of wisdom...and the seed of change.

Young dreams and the will and determination to change the future are a great thing, and that is what we get from this chapter; well the beginning of that change happens in this chapter.

The Change

Yujiro is surprised by Eiji newly found enthusiasm toward improving his style and the quality of his work; and that is by attending meetings with Yujiro and by making mangas that will keep the interest of the readers. Even though Yujiro is worried by his promise that Eiji is allowed to cancel one manga if he succeeds and becomes number one in the industry.

Well, it is only natural for him to think this, since it is not fair that Eiji be allowed to cancel something that he doesn't like just because he doesn't like.

Problem 1

And then we get Fukuda's opinion on why the Manga industry, or to be more precise, Jump is not as good as it can be. The problem in the organization of the Jump magazine, as explained by Fukuda, is the order of the mangas.

The most popular mangas are always placed first, and the least popular mangas are always placed last, and logically in between is the medium popular mangas. Thus the general reader will be gently forced (for the lack of a better word) to read the most popular and skip the least popular.

As well, the Mangas that go into weekly or monthly Jump are the most popular in the questionnaires. But the same problem is that the order of to-be mangas are still made in a way that make people read them by peer pressure, which destroys any chance for any other over-looked manga that can be quite epic.

Luckily, The logical solution to these problems is to reverse or to randomize the order of the mangas, which would makes sense, since this way, the most popular, is either left for last or mix in between.

Problem 2

However, there is another problem that arises from popularity which is the pace of the first 3 or 5 chapters of any newly published manga. If the popularity sinks while the manga is still in the first 3 chapters, then it is canceled, thus forcing the author to speed up the beginning to attract as many readers as possible. Although some authors might like to start on a fast pace, others will prefer to start things in a slower pace and build a better and more sentimental climax.

The perseverance

Now we get to the main point of this chapter: the reason why many authors have great ideas for mangas. And the reason is very simple, as they begin drawing simple mangas ever since they are kids, thus their creativity increases and there art style improve greatly. Fukuda and Eiji drew draft mangas when they were kids, and so did Saiko. But he had forgotten that because he left drawing manga ever since his uncle died. And that is where his "gold" mine lies, and also benefits Takagaki, as they are a team of course.

Also, as another development for Nakai, we see further proof of his skill in drawing backgrounds and tones, something that amazes Eiji. As well, he appears to be infected with the love of changing Jump and getting serialized as the three competitors.

Ratings: 10/10. The chapter was great, as it gave more insight on a Mangaka's ordeals, goals and creativity to those who don't know about them, me included.

Predictions: we'll see Mashiro and Takagi formulate plans again, this time to take Jump by surprise and gain more popularity.

Also, Thanks to Raysen_ht for making the point of the order of Mangas in the questionnaires clearer to me
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; February 11, 2009 at 10:52 PM.

2. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 24 Review By Sarry

Nice review sarry. Looks like we will have one from you with every chapter.

Quote Quote:
    The perseverance
    It was the best part in this chapter for me.
    Too bad for me that I threw my old stuff years ago because I thaught it looked realy lame compared to my skills nowadys and too embarrassing to look at.

Also... you forgot the part about them disscussing the Ecchi and how to attract the readers using it.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot, Shinobi;

I left that point for two reasons:
    The first reason is because I felt that it was better to leave it for discussion.
    The second is because I was unclear by what that Part of the chapter meant.
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; February 08, 2009 at 12:19 PM.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VASSiLi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Rewiew man, and thanks for using our (AkAtSuKi) scan. So, what we can said? I agree with your rating, 'cause this was an epic chapter. Ye, it was less funny that others, but I love of Fukuda want to change Jump (and I think he is right). I really hate Yujiro characters, and I hope that his careers will end soon xD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks VASSiLi, the scans were great, imo.

Nah, for me, the chapters are funny if they have either Eiji or Takagi

Haha, don't worry, I have a feeling something is coming in Yujiro's path.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sarry! sorry for the late response

I really liked your review! its simple yet full of insight! its great!

I dont think you got Fukuda's point though... imo, when he said "rotate the order" he was saying that it should change in every edition of jump! Meaning it would be random.

And that part about to-love-ru and ecchi was, imo, a critic to the "questionaries sistem", because its hard for people (especially kids) to say that they like something that most people dont... Many people only vote for *lets say* Naruto, cause all his friends say its the best and they wouldnt want to be the "different one"
    And is even harder to say you like something that you "werent suposed" to be reading (like ecchi, or violent manga if you are a kid).
    So, the point was: The questionaries aren't a fair way to judge mangas!
    A melhor thread, com as melhores pessoas, os melhores assuntos na melhor língua
    ___________Portuguese thread v.14 Entre e conheça!!__________

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raysen_ht View Post
    Hey Sarry! sorry for the late response

I really liked your review! its simple yet full of insight! its great!

I dont think you got Fukuda's point though... imo, when he said "rotate the order" he was saying that it should change in every edition of jump! Meaning it would be random.

And that part about to-love-ru and ecchi was, imo, a critic to the "questionaries sistem", because its hard for people (especially kids) to say that they like something that most people dont... Many people only vote for *lets say* Naruto, cause all his friends say its the best and they wouldnt want to be the "different one"
    And is even harder to say you like something that you "werent suposed" to be reading (like ecchi, or violent manga if you are a kid).
    So, the point was: The questionaries aren't a fair way to judge mangas!
    Thanks for the comment and the explanation as well.
    I took my reference from this page, middle and top panels:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/24/03/

But I now understand what Fukuda was saying more clearly about that point,
    I will edit my Review when i return, As i have to go to school now
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; February 11, 2009 at 10:44 PM.

New Reply