Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Was the Time Jump Worth It?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 32.26%
  • sorta

10 32.26%
  • no

11 35.48%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 7 Year Time Skip Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The 7 Year Time Skip Thread

Aight, so we just got a 7 years time skip ahead into the future of the Fairy Tail universe smashed in our faces, quite literally, for the better or the worse, this thread is to question, why 7 years?
    It could turn out rather good or it could turn out for the worse, but I think we can all agree on, this was pretty sudden and unexpected.

So a big question remain, will which now follows be just as unpredictable...? What is there to come now when the scene tables in the manga has been cleaned, what possible crazy ideas could be realized in this universe of Fairy Tail when anything could have happened in these 7 years...?
    Crazy could be good, I for one is thirsty for something unoriginal from the manga world, are you..?
    What purpose is there to 7 years...? Could it be to prepare a long term manga from unexpected manga success...?

Side track: Is the girl we see here a Fairy..?
    http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99983324/10
    or is she possibly Grandine (Wendy's mother dragon...?) or could she be something else entirely...? Did she protect them..?

Anything related to the 7 years, the magic number, your thoughts...?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7 years - Why..? Give your opinion here!

1. Fairy Tail will have a reputation of a weak/pathetic guild. Kind of like the joke of the Magic World so to speak. Everyone would have forgotten about the once powerful guild who defeated Phantom Lord, Oración Seis(with help), Grimoire Heart, & Eisenwald.

2. The Balam Alliance no longer exist while Raven Tail has gained influence over the other dark guilds after defeating Tartaros.

3. Macao Conbolt, Shitou Yajima, or Porlyusica has become the new guildmaster.

4. How they survived
    A. Fried transported everyone into a pocket dimension that exist inside of a magic book. They'll be released once Romeo finds the book & randomly reads a passage from it.

B. Lucy somehow transported everyone to the land of stellar spirits(The fairy chick in white was a stellar spirit of the ultra platinum key set).

C. They went to Edolas.

D. They were teleported to the land of fairies by the spirit of Mavis (The little girl/fairy).

5. Depending on what happened they may or may not have aged.

6. Wendy hopefully will look like this.
    Spoiler show

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AandWguy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

.... i think this is a bad idea since this has been going for five years, yet maybe the reset will help and make new questions so the manga will last longer. Still dont care for the idea.
    Suprise!!! Gotta love those faces!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it. Fairy Tail was getting repetitive and stagnant, the time skip adds an element of uncertainty and excitement so, for me, it's a welcome change. And I like that it was unexpected, I don't like obvious time-skips.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dracula's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be cool if Wendy will look like that! He used 7 because he always used that number :O

My Manga of the week: Rurouni Kenshin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

It's one of the mysteries in this series that hard to predict for me really....but..

I'll go with : every 7 years the "Dragon King feast" occur
    Dreyar Style

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that girl/fairy is the Tenrou Tree or the guardian on Tenrou Tree and maybe she teleported the whole island somewhere or a timeline maybe that little kid is Mavis himself and starting a guild

i like the theory of making the FT a weak guild or people saying they disappeared and they will say that because they lost to a guild and cannot face it and vanished

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole "7" year thing is another way FT ties into RAVE. It's probably not hugely significant to the plot so much as it might be a tie-in. In RAVE, didn't Overdrive destroy 1/10 of the world in the year 7777 or something like that?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah it didn't, it was on 0015.

Maybe each 7 years massive changes to the world happen. Though this has to be tied to Layla's death. She had a mission that she couldn't say to caprico.

7 is also a very strong magical number. Same with 7 Sins and 7 Virtues. Maybe there are only 7 Dragon Slayers as well, the true ones. Fire, Metal, Air, Water, Light, Dark and some other that we don't know of.

But sure, there can be a lot more xD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Nah it didn't, it was on 0015.

Maybe each 7 years massive changes to the world happen. Though this has to be tied to Layla's death. She had a mission that she couldn't say to caprico.

7 is also a very strong magical number. Same with 7 Sins and 7 Virtues. Maybe there are only 7 Dragon Slayers as well, the true ones. Fire, Metal, Air, Water, Light, Dark and some other that we don't know of.

But sure, there can be a lot more xD
    no, not dark. that would mean acnologia is involved, and it just blew up an entire isalnd jsut to get rid of some annoying humans, which it will probably be mad about when they turn up alive. i think that dark dragon is a kind of dragon rogue, maybe even a criminal of dragons. it is the only one that is left on earth, or so it seems.
    maybe you are right, though. only seven dragon slayers. aside for dark, that is.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

the number seven is really a plot device in fairy tail. fortunately, if you look back, you can see hints that there was gonna be a time skip, forshadowing.

think back ot when we thought our adorable little dragon slayer loli had bit it. it turns out she was teleported away from trouble. i think that seemingly random situation was a hint to us loyal fans that somethign was gonna happen, make it look like they died, but they will survive. however, i think it is gonna be a scattered arc like in one piece. maybe their fairy tail pride would not allow them to return home indiividually, so isntead they are looking for one another. the world is a pretty damn big place.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I doubt you need a light/holy element when Wind acts as the healing power for the dragons. Unless of course you're saying Light as in short for Lightning. However since there is already a Lightning Dragon Slayer who is confirmed to be fake there really wouldn't be a point to introducing a Lightning Dragon unless it's done to Train Laxus himself.

With that said the obvious Dragons/Slayers should be Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Metal, ???, ???. Water & Earth are a given based on fantasy logic/trends. Still a bit confused on how Metal fits into that. Whether or not Light & Dark are the final two remain to be seen.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Well I doubt you need a light/holy element when Wind acts as the healing power for the dragons. Unless of course you're saying Light as in short for Lightning. However since there is already a Lightning Dragon Slayer who is confirmed to be fake there really wouldn't be a point to introducing a Lightning Dragon unless it's done to Train Laxus himself.

With that said the obvious Dragons/Slayers should be Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Metal, ???, ???. Water & Earth are a given based on fantasy logic/trends. Still a bit confused on how Metal fits into that. Whether or not Light & Dark are the final two remain to be seen.
    I actually mean Light/Holy, as a counterpart to Dark/Darkness.

Following the Chinese Elements, we should have only 5, Water, Metal, Earth, Fire, Wood. I honestly doubt that a Wood DS exists, so, I'd say that Air is there for wood. Then we should have Dark and Light dragon. This is just my logic, totally random, nothing to prove it, except for the 3 that we already know that exist.

However, if there are fake Dragon Slayers who have been given Lachrima with Dragon Slayer powers in them, means that those dragons should've existed, or should still exist. We had Poison and Lightning.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

7 dragons? hmmmm.... i think Chrono Cross has 7 too......

Sky dragon (Wind/light)
    Earth Dragon (Earth/Metal)
    Green Dragon (wood/grass)
    Fire Dragon (Fire/Magma)
    Water dragon (Water/Ice)
    Black Dragon (Dark/Shadow)

and the last one the
    Divine Dragon God (combination of the 7) i think this one is close to that 7 dragons

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I always understood the Fake Dragon Slayers as inferior "copies" of the Original DS, meaning that the lachryma they have implanted is taken from a real Dragon. If that's right, we have 5 elements known: Fire, Metal, Air, Lightning and Poison.
    Also, the Fake DS seem to have a stronger Base level, but can't grow or become stronger, as opposed to the Original DS.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^I don't think the manga has ever portrayed fake dragon slayers as inferior. If anything, haven't cobra and laxus been significantly more powerful than natsu, gazille or wendy? Natsu only won against cobra because he took advantage of the guys ability but in a straight fight natsu did not even land a hit and the poison was slowly getting to him. Laxus is probably in gildarts league. I think we will eventually see the difference between real and fake dragon slayers in time however it won't necessarily be that the fakes are innately inferior to the real ones IMO (at least when it comes to the conventional use of their abilities).

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast