Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Kushina's Entrance to the Story Line was forced

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

70 22.51%
  • Disagree

105 33.76%
  • Who cares? Kushina got some screen time..FINALLY!

136 43.73%
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Uzumaki Kushinas Entrance was Forced

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member anrufen's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Uzumaki Kushinas Entrance was Forced

The thread title explains it. But still, How much relevance does she play with the story line really? Do u think this was a forced move by the mangaka? I personally believe it was just a move to please the fans! I know many...MANY will disagree, but whats a discussion without disagreement right?
    Go WILD!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uzumaki Kushinas Entrance was Forced

i believe it will have something with the basics of the four element seal .maybe kushina too sacrified herself for an unknown reason
    so i dont think its forced for it has its own reason and purpose which we will learn very soon

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was sure from the very beginning that she had a link with the Kyubbi, so I don't think it was forced.
    We will have the answer next week.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

No i don't think so. How Naruto will oppose Kyubis hatred? He is still child. He couldn't just win Kyubi. He still needs guidance. And it is what Kishi talked about. Didn't he said Narutos past will be revealed after last year which was dedicated to sasuke? Everybody was expecting that he will go travel and find his mother.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anrufen View Post
    The thread title explains it. But still, How much relevance does she play with the story line really? Do u think this was a forced move by the mangaka? I personally believe it was just a move to please the fans! I know many...MANY will disagree, but whats a discussion without disagreement right?
    Well if you can tell us why it is forced, that would be a nice start to discuss I think.
    The accuser is the one who must provide evidence or something like that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that was forced, but if she appears that way, this means that she is relevant in some way to complete this trainning..

This could mean that she, in some way is related with the Kyubi and why Minato decide to seal it inside in his recently born son..

The first time that I saw Minato inside of Naruto, I was hoping a long flashback with images explaining what happen that night.. but he didnt say too much.. I hope Kushina at least explain better what happen..

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member anrufen's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga View Post
    Well if you can tell us why it is forced, that would be a nice start to discuss I think.
    The accuser is the one who must provide evidence or something like that.
    I think i gave my opinion here! And you are talking about giving evidence in artistic expressions....I will try! Well, through out the whole story, Minato had a role to play every now and then...He was shown as a hero...he was the one were the seal originated....through out the whole story he played a major role in many plots...Naruto held the fourth in high esteem! It was only natural that he will show up in the current storyline (not as a flashbak)....but how much importance was the mother given? Any emotional attachment....Naruto specifically missing his mother...or having any opinion about her...or her having anything to do other than giving birth to the protagonist! It was a well known argument that Minato was Naruto's father before it was actually revealed! No such arguments came over who his Mom was....the writer just didnt give much importance to that part! One fine day he decides to show a pregnant Kushina...and thats all...no character depth nothing....no connection to Naruto's present or future! NOTHING whatsoever...that will smoothly transition the story into her appearance! Its sloppy storytelling!

Which is y i felt that her appearance was fanservice on the author's part...and something just to keep up with his "reputation" of unpredictable twists!

I know most of u are fans of Kushina by context, but c'mon there is a need to establish a solid connection first!
    Go WILD!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it. Kishi rarely forces anytihng. No matter how much people boast, the only person who knows the truth about the Kyuubi's seal is Kishimoto. We don't know how it works or how it was conjured. It would explain many things as to why Naruto was an orphan for 16 years, how the chakra of the strongest bijuu was able to be spliced in two so that a child could wield it. There could be many reasons for having Kushina herem the question is...will it be plausible. The answer will most likely be yes. So complain after the explanation, now is just jumping the gun.

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why her appearance was forced at all. Her supposed "death" has always been a mystery and this is a pretty logical outcome for her fate. What I do think is that some guys, including myself to some degree, don't like that she was introduced in the same way that Minato was introduced. But it really couldn't be helped as she basically had three options. 1) Dead, which would be totally weird as her fate has been unknown for ages, it was obvious that she would appear in some form sooner or later. 2) She's alive, this would require a freaking awesome explanation as to why she never was there for Naruto, so I can see why Kishi chose to not go down that road. 3) The current outcome, she's sealed into Naruto.

I do find her appearance a little predictable, and therefor a little dull. But it makes all the sense in the world and I can totally see why she was included like this. To answer the OP's question, no I don't think her appearance was forced. But I do think it was a little predictable. I'm still pretty excited nonetheless.

14. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i gave my opinion here! And you are talking about giving evidence in artistic expressions....I will try! Well, through out the whole story, Minato had a role to play every now and then...He was shown as a hero...he was the one were the seal originated....through out the whole story he played a major role in many plots...Naruto held the fourth in high esteem! It was only natural that he will show up in the current storyline (not as a flashbak)....but how much importance was the mother given? Any emotional attachment....Naruto specifically missing his mother...or having any opinion about her...or her having anything to do other than giving birth to the protagonist! It was a well known argument that Minato was Naruto's father before it was actually revealed! No such arguments came over who his Mom was....the writer just didnt give much importance to that part! One fine day he decides to show a pregnant Kushina...and thats all...no character depth nothing....no connection to Naruto's present or future! NOTHING whatsoever...that will smoothly transition the story into her appearance! Its sloppy storytelling!

Which is y i felt that her appearance was fanservice on the author's part...and something just to keep up with his "reputation" of unpredictable twists!

I cant agree with you... becosue why was narutos mother (kushina) kept hidden for so long while we already knew that naruto was 4ths son from chaper 1......the reason was becosue kushina was special... she was from different village... she was the winner of getting 4ths heart (the village hero)... there was something stong in her....

all we see is that female ninjas are shown to be weak ect. but maybe kishi made kushina to be an exception so she was hidden for very long... and how can you tell she is not important ??? well how naruto is called ??? Namikaze ?? nope... he has his name after his mom Uzumaki... so its a strong hint that why is he called uzumaki ifhis dad was namikaze...

in the talk of Tsuande and Jiraya... there was a VERY strong feeling to Kushinas side (from tsuande generally)... like they talked about naruto that yeah he looks like his dad.... but here a strong feeling that naruto is more similar to his mom in both ninjutsu and personality....

so she was not forced... we got slowly more and more info about her... first we learned that narutos mom was called Uzumaki kushina and she is very similar to naruto.... next we see how kushina looked like (and how much she loved naruto... patted her belly and beign happy that naruto is a pretty name)........ and now we get to see and hear her in person...

kushina was not forced at all....if she was not important for the story kishi would skip her (just like sakuras parents and other rookies families)..... she is another guide to tell the full story, help to defeat 9tails, get to learn about parents from them in person than hearing stories from Kakashi or Tsunade (he can see, hear and touch them) and maybe get to learn about family special abilities (passing down jutsus... from parents dirrectly than from a scroll that can be stolen by others... so this way everything will be left in family only)

well minato saved naruto from 9tails with seal... and now ksuhina is saveing naruto from 9tails witout seal so she is strong enought to oppose 9tails here...

anyway we can ask was Sasukes mother any special or any bigger importance for the story.... nope she did nothing amazeing yet we kept seeing her lots of times..... so give a break.. naruto needs to see his family in person than hearing stories from other people about his own family XD

so was kushina forced into the story..... HELL NO she was slowly getting revealed and naruto will learn that he has his name after his mom...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with anrufen. the move was Corny and just a no head sprint to another few weeks of boring talks which can be finished in 1 chaps . and of all the rime kushina managed to sync with naruto in the tug of war span. Now armed and augmented with motherly love naruto will conquer all what a leech

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It just comes off as a repeat of what happened with the Fourth Hokage during the Pain fight, only this time, there isn't a remotely plausible explanation based on what we've been presented with.

It could serve to explain why Kushina isn't around any more and give Naruto the motivation to overcome the Kyuubi's influence, but the first detail could have been handled earlier, and the second could be handled by remembering all the people who have been kind to him despite him being the Kyuubi's host throughout the series.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zagorka's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kushina's appearance was largely to accomplish a few things. 1. Please fans. 2. Tie up loose ends in a rushed manner. 3. Help Naruto defeat the Kyuubi.

To be honest, if Tsunade didn't say Naruto was like his mother, then we wouldn't have been wondering why. It really has nothing to do with the plot. She's not alive from what we know. Why then? Why appear right now? I personally didn't care to find out more about her. I've wondered about her before, but that was like 200 chapters ago. If we never saw her, then we shouldn't have. Ever. At least I had enough hope in Kishi, that her presence didn't matter at all in the story. But here we are, at the perfect time when Naruto is in desperate need of help and shows that he's ready to give up (something that goes against his persona). It felt out of place. And, why can't Naruto do something himself? He never gives up, and is usually someone that likes to go ahead and defeat the enemy on his own. But he's being gifted here like no other character before him. And it's his mother. D'aww... I'll explain what is happening here. Kishi wants to wrap two things up as quickly as possible in one mini-arc. That is, to answer every question we have about Kushina, and Naruto to control the Kyuubi once in for all. To me it felt out of place and rushed, rather than forced upon us. And Kushina made fans crazy this week. You all know it. Dead people should stay dead. But if this is how the manga is going to be, then Iruka's parents should stop by and say hello as well. I mean, while we're at it, why not? I guess there was a hidden/subliminal message in the Pain arc that should probably have made me think otherwise about the concept of death in this manga. I should have known better.
    Last edited by zagorka; June 04, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

21. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually right now I have to disagree with you and I think you already was prepared for the current tendency. See Kushina just got in, we don't know the reasons. If there's not reason behind it except just appearing for appearing, then yes it would be considered forced, if is the opposite and there's a strong reason behind then it would not be a forced entrance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I defiantly think her entrance wasn't forced. Its Naruto Vs the f**king kyuubi the moment we have all been waiting for. I think Kish planned for everything, especially since Minato sealed part of himself to Naruto I would expect her to do the same thing.

We know all about Minato's fight with the kyuubi but another mystery is kushina's role. Thinking about it Kish is a genus for introducing her now, she will tell the whole story of that night and Naruto will master the kyuubi, Not only will he be doing what his parents want but ending the mysteries about everything surrounding the kyuubi.

2 birds with one stone why not tell him about what happened to his parent now while he is facing the beast that separated his family instead of her coming another time this is the perfect time.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast