Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Kushina's Entrance to the Story Line was forced

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

70 22.51%
  • Disagree

105 33.76%
  • Who cares? Kushina got some screen time..FINALLY!

136 43.73%
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Uzumaki Kushinas Entrance was Forced

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uzumaki Kushinas Entrance was Forced

Wow! With the new site design, it would of been a huge spoiler if I went to mangahelpers before mangastream.

Anyway, I don't know if forced is the appropriate word, but it was pretty dull seeing how it was very similar to how Minato appeared. But, I guess redundancy is Naruto's life story.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hojinmaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO Kushina is the last part of Narutos inner demons, he has had no closure or explanation of her death or disappearance. That may give the 9t a heart string to tug at to make him despair. That alone could be enough for the fox to strip Naruto of his hatred and take him over all together. Not that I think it will happen but that's what I see unfolding at the moment.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i disagree it was not forced i have thought she had a connection to the kyuubi and madara some how and maybe next chapter she will explain how she and minato came up with the idea to put the kyuubi in naruto and how it will help against madara. she seems to have been behind the cage protecting naruto somehow while minato was outside the cage to prevent the kyuubi from escaping.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anrufen View Post
    The thread title explains it. But still, How much relevance does she play with the story line really? Do u think this was a forced move by the mangaka? I personally believe it was just a move to please the fans! I know many...MANY will disagree, but whats a discussion without disagreement right?
    All of this is unbelievably premature. The woman just popped into existence, and barely said the name of her son. Maybe people should wait until more of this plot device is actually revealed before making judgments on the execution? Kushina might not be important to the story, but she also might be important to the story.

Even if she isn't, she would serve as another character-developmental catalyst for Naruto. If she is there for no other reason than to save her son from hatred, I won't be upset about it. Just knowing that Naruto met his mother makes me feel very happy for his character. Coming from nothing, he deserves to know where and who he comes from.

However, as far as the plot goes, or even Naruto's overall knowledge of what he's up against, we really shouldn't be locking in such definitive opinions yet.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You knew she would come into the story eventually, and the fact that .. at the very beginning .. Naruto was shown with the seal as a newborn with blood and afterbirth still on his body ... that her reappearance would have something to do with the Kyuubi.

So how could this be forced .. it isn't even surprising really.

Most likely she also sacrificed herself, is part of the reason only half the fox's chakra was sealed, and has been trapped behind the seal with the fox until Naruto opened it. Either that or she was part of the key. Either way .. waiting for precisely this moment .. the moment when Naruto truly confronts the Kyuubi.

From what we have seen of Minato, that is EXACTLY the level of foresight and preparation he has displayed.

I honestly can't believe people are complaining that she is in the story.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Galbert-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Papa explained part of the story, Mama is going to explain the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jakes
    Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.
    ---------

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1691077

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with OP, shaheer and zagorka. Throughout the series Naruto has been showing more interest to bring back sasuke, rather than finding his background. Both 4th and Kushina ghost appearance (coz they are needed to win over kyuubi) would be much more powerful emotionally if we have a character depth developed before through research conducted by Naruto or tale from those who were closed. We know she's naruto mother, but we don't know jack about her and her character. So, there is this stranger to the reader with no background just popping up helping the hero control kyuubi. The only one pleased are fans who wants to see Kushina appearance no matter what, even if it's delivered poorly.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    The only one pleased are fans who wants to see Kushina appearance no matter what, even if it's delivered poorly.
    I hope you're not assuming that everyone who isn't being a negative nancy about this plot twist is a "pleased fan who wants to see Kushina appear no matter what, even if it's delivered poorly."

The majority of us are simply waiting a little longer before hopping on another premature reason to give Kishi a slap on his likely overly-bruised wrist. None of us are pleased... we're excited. There's a big, big difference. We're excited to see how it will play out. Just because it didn't have the set up that some fans thought it should doesn't mean it will be executed badly. Wait for the actual material before you badmouth it. Is that too much to ask?
    Spoiler show

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member anrufen's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of u r mistaking the concept of the argument here....he can do whatever he wishes with his story...what might come in...who might come in...is all upto him, what they do and who will do also upto him....I am commenting on the "Hows"! A commentary on the story telling!

Say for instance (reference from the film Losers) Yes a helicopter worth of children died in the film...Huge tragedy...but the way the screenwriters handled it...it just didnt have much cohesion nor did were they able to actually make us feel the actual Magnitude of the tragedy (...btw...if u havent watched the film...keep it that way :P)

Likewise...I am trying to comment on his storytelling here....very little cohesion!

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    so she was not forced... we got slowly more and more info about her... first we learned that narutos mom was called Uzumaki kushina and she is very similar to naruto.... next we see how kushina looked like (and how much she loved naruto... patted her belly and beign happy that naruto is a pretty name)........ and now we get to see and hear her in person...
    All that was said here....was shown in one or two successive issues...and then blank...no other connection to Naruto nothing...no hinting...no transition....being a fan, I am ecstatic that he is finally giving the mother some role....but notice i said FINALLY....which simply states that Kishi suddenly decided that the mom is important....which again leads me to my opinion of lack of cohesion in the story!
    All i am saying he owes it to the story to bring bak fluidity instead of choppiness! Look bak in to the earlier days of Naruto...the chuunin exams...the Rasengan Learning arc....Compare the storytelling then...to the story telling now!
    Go WILD!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

you are right on there, about how the story telling is constantly going down but you shouldnt directly adress it to kushina's appearance like the way it is now in this thread .
    kishi is surely rushing things and some considerably critical issues are passing by like the thin breeze but i believe kushina has her reasons for not being told oftenly or not appearing just until now
    or let me just say ,if it really appears to be that way ,without a deep reason and a purpose if kushina just popped-up randomly ,i will be truly disappointed and i will agree with you with all my heart ..but for now i still have hope ..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anrufen View Post
    I am commenting on the "Hows"! A commentary on the story telling!
    But that's just it. You're not even giving a chance for the story to be told. You're jumping on a cliffhanger.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member anrufen's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

So you are saying...that U just hope that he baks up what he did in the coming Issue right? Thats the point of me "bitchin" :P! See i dont need a cure...or something later to not let things fall....Kushina's appearance is a potential story twist...one that was anticipated by so many....but now when it is finally there....a common rejoicing in unison wasnt there...while some of us are saying "wait for it"...if it were a good twist...we wudnt have to wait for it...Imagine Minato's entrance...everyone was happy about it...no one had to wait for the next issue to justify whether its a good move or not...in other words...it didnt require a "Cure" by the writer in future issues! See, I didnt want Kushina, a character i always thot deserved more attention, to come in a way where i have to wait for the next issue to decide whether it was a good move or not!

Yet again, her absence can be explained and she will be given a great role in the next issue...but these are all bail outs see....And if he fails to give us a good reason then u will agree with me....so see once again, her entrance itself cannot stand on its own...it needs baking up from Later issues! and that is Sloppy writing! See most of us who think Kushina's entrance was forced dont have anything against the character coming in...the character was actually wanted...but i emphasize the story telling is forced! (Another example of sloppy story telling is Danzo...a potential villian's appearance forced to be reduced to fodder for Sasukes growth)
    Go WILD!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Thabor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    if she was not important for the story kishi would skip her (just like sakuras parents and other rookies families).....
    Actually, since you bring it up.. Some of us wonder if Sakura doesn't have a special parentage as well. We have seen Shikamaru's father, Ino's father, Choji's father, Shino's father, Kiba's mother, Hinata's father and sister, Sasuke's father and mother, and Naruto's father and mother. In point of fact Sakura is the only one of the rookie nine that hasn't had a family member introduced. Its enough to make you question if Kishi isn't going to pull a Star Wars and tell us Sakura and Naruto are related somehow.
    Hey Kishi, even Madara knows...

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thabor View Post
    Actually, since you bring it up.. Some of us wonder if Sakura doesn't have a special parentage as well. We have seen Shikamaru's father, Ino's father, Choji's father, Shino's father, Kiba's mother, Hinata's father and sister, Sasuke's father and mother, and Naruto's father and mother. In point of fact Sakura is the only one of the rookie nine that hasn't had a family member introduced. Its enough to make you question if Kishi isn't going to pull a Star Wars and tell us Sakura and Naruto are related somehow.
    Kishi already answered a question about Sakura's family : there is nothing to say about her past or family because she is just a normal girl. So no clan (which means no clan speciality), no bloodline limit, probably 0 ninja in her family, nothing. In part 1 she was simply the most basic girl in Naruto, even her ninja skills were basic.
    Last edited by Gats; June 05, 2010 at 08:47 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

noting is impossible in naruto since kishi introduced prophecies and bring back the dead stuffs.So ya i think the star wars twist will happen some how as well. Esp since kishi ripped that dark side of naruto from star wars and bleach namely

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast