Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Kushina's Entrance to the Story Line was forced

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

70 22.51%
  • Disagree

105 33.76%
  • Who cares? Kushina got some screen time..FINALLY!

136 43.73%
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Uzumaki Kushinas Entrance was Forced

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Thabor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uzumaki Kushinas Entrance was Forced

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga View Post
    Kishi already answered a question about Sakura's family : there is nothing to say about her past or family because she is just a normal girl. So no clan (which means no clan speciality), no bloodline limit, probably 0 ninja in her family, nothing. In part 1 she was simply the most basic girl in Naruto, even her ninja skills were basic.
    Kishi answers in interviews are largely meaningless. If he has something planned he won't give it away before he writes it. And if he doesn't there is no way to know until the manga is over.

Anyway I don't feel that Kushina's introduction was forced.. I still hold to this theory:

Quote Originally Posted by Thabor View Post
    I don't think its a strong possibility at least not directly.. Naruto was practically a new born when the fox was sealed into him. Kushina pretty much had to be at the battlefield for Naruto to wind up there. And its unlikely a near to term mother would voluntarily be anywhere near a battle like that. I firmly believe that she was the Kyuubi jinchuuriki. She lost control shortly after Naruto's birth (or maybe even before).. Possibly from someone threatening her baby (Madara).. Minato was effectively forced to kill her to save their son, and seal the Kyuubi in Naruto to protect him. I don't imagine Danzou being involved unless he was helping Madara somehow.
    So it feels pretty natural to me for her to be there at the "bottom of the Kyuubi's hatred'. I've got to agree with some of the others, without the background its premature to call it forced.
    Hey Kishi, even Madara knows...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

everything has a reason, right? so we have to wait until the next few chapters come out so we would know at least what happened with kushina. her storyline is, after all, a mystery. Now that Jiraiya and Tsunade knew Kushina and that she was introduced even for a little while, i feel that it's necessary to explain what happened to her, even for just a few chapters.

So it feels pretty natural to me for her to be there at the "bottom of the Kyuubi's hatred'. I've got to agree with some of the others, without the background its premature to call it forced.
    Hmmm... nice theory. although I don't see how Kushina was THE main source of the Kyuubi's hatred (per the term "bottom") unless because she can use the kyuubi's chakra so well. however, making her the previous host of the kyuubi makes me think that it will also bring up unnecessary storylines and I don't even see it that way because Kushina is not originally from Konoha and if we're going to follow the storyline, Kyuubi was in possession of the shodaime, which would most likely assume that it's ALWAYS in Konoha. Although it makes me think how konoha was able to maintain possession of the kyuubi after all these years. i doubt it is thru a transfer of host (unlike in Lightning country) since they would need Shiki fuujin (unless they have other sealing techniques that don't offer the sealer's soul to the death god) each time there's a transfer. I'd like to think more of the kyuubi being sealed away some place until Madara released it.
    Last edited by mbacarra; June 05, 2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jspot View Post
    I hope you're not assuming that everyone who isn't being a negative nancy about this plot twist is a "pleased fan who wants to see Kushina appear no matter what, even if it's delivered poorly."

The majority of us are simply waiting a little longer before hopping on another premature reason to give Kishi a slap on his likely overly-bruised wrist. None of us are pleased... we're excited. There's a big, big difference. We're excited to see how it will play out. Just because it didn't have the set up that some fans thought it should doesn't mean it will be executed badly. Wait for the actual material before you badmouth it. Is that too much to ask?
    I don't think this tread really concern about what kind of material she's going to reveal. I think this thread is discussing her entrance at this point. We are also not discussing what the story is about and how good or how bad it is. But rather how the story is told and how good and how bad it is. So Anrufen is correct calling this thread a commentary on the story telling, not the story. I didn't say the story is bad or it's going to suck, I said the story was delivered poorly or could have been better.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel her entrance was forced in any way.

Nor do I see how the appearance of someone who was hinted at a hundred chapters ago would be forced. Especially since the other parent was "introduced" the same way. In my opinion, that was more "forced" than Kushina's appearance because it'd hadn't happened before.

Is it just to please the fans? Of course. Not.
    It's to move the story along. It's so Naruto can finally meet his mother. It's so he can beat the Kyuubi, etc, etc. I bet this would have happened anyway.

Does it please fans? Sure.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Thabor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbacarra View Post
    Hmmm... nice theory. although I don't see how Kushina was THE main source of the Kyuubi's hatred (per the term "bottom") unless because she can use the kyuubi's chakra so well. however, making her the previous host of the kyuubi makes me think that it will also bring up unnecessary storylines and I don't even see it that way because Kushina is not originally from Konoha and if we're going to follow the storyline, Kyuubi was in possession of the shodaime, which would most likely assume that it's ALWAYS in Konoha. Although it makes me think how konoha was able to maintain possession of the kyuubi after all these years. i doubt it is thru a transfer of host (unlike in Lightning country) since they would need Shiki fuujin (unless they have other sealing techniques that don't offer the sealer's soul to the death god) each time there's a transfer. I'd like to think more of the kyuubi being sealed away some place until Madara released it.
    I don't mean to imply that she is the source of the Kyuubi's hatred, just that she was enveloped and buried underneath it when she lost control. Getting to bottom of something in the way you mean is an english expression, and I don't know if its one that exists in Japanese.

Since Kishi has introduced the jars/containers for Bijuu its possible the Kyuubi didn't have a host, but if they were so secure that way it would seem to undermine the entire notion of having Jinchuuriki in the first place, since they seem to primarily have devastated the countries they belong to..
    Hey Kishi, even Madara knows...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a time and a place to bitch about a story plot point that is when it is over the conversation isn't even started because of that its not a forced entrance if it was in the middle of the chapter and a skimmed over point then yes.

As the saying goes dont count your chickens before they hatch.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been approving of Kushina's appearance despite my wanting her in the story, mainly because "so far" it seems like a Repeat of the Minato thing which was fine and all but I'm not sure how I feel about the exact same thing happening with Kushina, If there is a perfectly good and actually story relevant reason for her being in there then fine, personally I wanted this to be an illusion of the Kyuubi, foreshadowing her "real" appearance in the story soon.

I do feel as though this was forced and is in general merely fan service, If Minato had been introduced to Naruto in an entirely different way I do not think I would have minded this as much.

But the fact that it seems like a lazy attempt at putting Kushina in the story just does not agree with me, though at the very least I hope we get some good backstory information.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xiraiya View Post
    I haven't been approving of Kushina's appearance despite my wanting her in the story, mainly because "so far" it seems like a Repeat of the Minato thing which was fine and all but I'm not sure how I feel about the exact same thing happening with Kushina, If there is a perfectly good and actually story relevant reason for her being in there then fine, personally I wanted this to be an illusion of the Kyuubi, foreshadowing her "real" appearance in the story soon.

I do feel as though this was forced and is in general merely fan service, If Minato had been introduced to Naruto in an entirely different way I do not think I would have minded this as much.

But the fact that it seems like a lazy attempt at putting Kushina in the story just does not agree with me, though at the very least I hope we get some good backstory information.
    seriously people just should STF for 1 or 2 weeks as we learn what kushina has to say....we can complain on forced or not... but DAMN it has to be done... naruto was not born from air... to make him born 2people were needed and the most a mother......... like was sasukes mother or even shikamarus mother REALLY important for the story ?? did they do anything AMAZEING in the whole close to 500 chapter ?? nope yet there in...

we have 0% information on what happened to kushina and people keep complaining that she is not important.... F...k how do you know that if we know nothing about her on what happened at that night 16y ago.... maybe her part in all this was even more important than minato....... we just have to wait and see how stuff will play out...

Kushina gave birth to naruto so she is REALLY important for the story as she gave birth to the main character... and was for some reason kept hidden way more than minato as naruto's dad....

I guess her apperance will explain what happened 16y ago... and explain some stuff on narutos roots and maybe haveing any kind of special ability (like blood limit from uzumaki clan or something... maybe not active jutsu but a passive one that constantly works in narutos body [like beign able to endure 9tails chakra its hate)

so no kushinas apperance is not forced (she was mentioned long ago first in tsu-jirya talk and later in jirays flashback during pain fight)...its the same how we got bits after bits of info about minato beign narutos dad... before he appered in person and said it to naruto... this time its mom's time and she is the key to tell the story on what happened...

we for sure will learn how she ended up in naruto too...^^ but no she was not force in it... I kinda expected her even sooner like during talk with tsunade.... but her personal apperance was a WOW and its even better to see the main source of what really happened than hear it from a 3rd person who was not on the place ^^

kushina is more important for the story than mostly all female ninjas in naruto put together.... I can remember what sasukes mom did...."dinner, laundry, wash dishes, yell on sons, died".... I wonder what kushina did... saved son...and helped to defeat 9tails in the sealing ritual... Who knows... we will learn it soon....

kinda only 3days to see it... cant wait ^^

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

50/50 for me.

Positive -

It gives more screentime for Kushina, we finally get to know about her, what she has to say to her son and all the mystery surrounding Kushina can be revealed right now.

Negative -

Her entrance only happens when Naruto is in shit. Just like when Naruto was going to give in to the fox against Chibaku Tensei, Minato appears. Same situation here, Naruto was going to be consumed by hatred and now Kushina appears. The next thing you know Naruto is gonna get caught in a Tsukiyomi and then Itachi makes an appearance and snaps him out of it

But overall, I don't really care lol
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    i believe it will have something with the basics of the four element seal .maybe kushina too sacrified herself for an unknown reason
    so i dont think its forced for it has its own reason and purpose which we will learn very soon
    Maybe Kushina is the source of Naruto's unusually large chakra that helped him to learn Senjutsu and helped him serve as the Kyuubi Jin in the first place.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don't think you could describe her entrance as forced. It flowed nicely with the story, gave a good cliffhanger ending to a chapter and gives an interesting twist to Naruto's fight with the Kyubi.

I think more of a question is whether it was contrived and poorly done. She's appeared in a similar manner to Minato and there would seem to be a lot less logic behind her chakra being stored in Naruto than Minato's (since as far as we know he performed the technique, not her).

I think it all hinges on how Kishi explains her presense. If he can come up with something inventive that sets her aside from the reason given for Minato popping up then I think her arrival is great. It allows Naruto to win without making the Kyubi look weak (since Kishi was having him lose to the fox until she arrived, enough so that Bee was seriously worried). The only down side is it means Naruto needed help to control the Kyubi rather than doing it alone which would have been nice for building his image up a bit, but that's another issue.

EDIT: thinking about it I should probably say what I think the difference between forced and contrived is . I think that her appearance being "forced" would have meant creating an entire set of unlikely circumstances to allow her arrival BUT the Kyubi fight was always going to happen and it makes perfect sense that if she COULD arrive at this point she would. I am more concerned about explaining how she managed to pop up .
    Last edited by Bonfire01; June 06, 2010 at 07:16 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to imply that she is the source of the Kyuubi's hatred, just that she was enveloped and buried underneath it when she lost control. Getting to bottom of something in the way you mean is an english expression, and I don't know if its one that exists in Japanese.
    I guess it's the translation and how it's perceived by different readers.

Well I have to agree that we need to know why she did appear during this part of the manga and why not somewhere else. My guess is that she was sealed along with the Kyuubi, although it feels kinda weird to have your mother "inside" you. Kind of disturbing at some level. Anyways, I guess we'll have to wait.

Since Kishi has introduced the jars/containers for Bijuu its possible the Kyuubi didn't have a host, but if they were so secure that way it would seem to undermine the entire notion of having Jinchuuriki in the first place, since they seem to primarily have devastated the countries they belong to..
    Well for one thing, the bijuus were considered weapon and to maintain alliances, the shodai hokage had to distribute them to countries to maintain stability. It could very well be that Konoha has assumed peace and did not need the kyuubi. So in a sense Konoha probably became confident of that peace and in that case could've sealed the kyuubi somewhere safe. They need to keep it as a symbol of power. they need the jinchuriki to control the bijuu and utilize its power.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am totally Ok with Kushina's entrance (if it is indeed her and is not a trick by Kyuubi). The reason I say this is because it is entirely possible that she played a role in the sealing (or at least the events surrounding the sealing). Kyuubi was sealed into Naruto as a newborn, and Kushina was present at some point because she gave birth to Naruto. Minato knew that certain things might occur: Naruto might one day access higher levels of Kyuubi (like 8 tails, which prompted his visit) and that Naruto might one day decide to completely control Kyuubi (which is what is going down now). So it would be reasonable for someone to plan in advance to have important people deliver meaningful information at those times when it is needed most.

Minato knew he would not survive Shiki Fuujin, so he had to take a measure that would allow him to "return" in some sense, but once he had that realization, it isn't a huge leap that he might do something with Kushina, depending on her circumstances at the time of the sealing. She could have been dying due to battle, childbirth, etc. Some would say that it would be the logical thing to do because he could do it with himself, why not allow Naruto to meet his mother once at an important time as well.

Good parents generally like to be there for their children when they are needed the most. I don't really see the issue.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lagun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's too early to say whether or not it was forced.

originally, i though kishimoto had no plans for kushina, since,usually, in naruto, the main character's mothers(and women in general) are always ignored by him and get little, or even no development at all.I always though he would just come up with something random to explain her absence(like, getting herself killed by kyuubi).

I got really surprised when she showed up.It opens a lot of new possibilities, especially, because she one of the most mysterious characters in the series(we know nothing about her).

But like I said before, it's to early to judge her entrance.All we know is that the next chapter will either be epic or disappointing.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    I don't think this tread really concern about what kind of material she's going to reveal. I think this thread is discussing her entrance at this point. We are also not discussing what the story is about and how good or how bad it is. But rather how the story is told and how good and how bad it is. So Anrufen is correct calling this thread a commentary on the story telling, not the story. I didn't say the story is bad or it's going to suck, I said the story was delivered poorly or could have been better.
    You're missing my point here. I'm saying that you can't judge the entrance until you've seen why the entrance occurred. There is absolutely no justifiable reason to say something was forced without even giving it some time to develop. You can't judge storytelling without a story being told, and this story has not yet been told.

Do you really think it's justified to jump right up and say it's forced because her entrance is currently seen as unprecedented? My whole issue here is that you can't say it's forced until you see the reason behind it. It is unprecedented at the moment, since we don't understand why or how it occurred now quite yet, but that can change.

So, while this thread is about commentary on the storytelling rather than the story... you can't rightfully critique storytelling when it hasn't even begun to tell the story.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast