Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes?

Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes?
    Thanks to Kazu for the idea for the thread!

I don’t know if it has happened to you guys, but sometimes I would read a manga or watch an anime and kind of wish there would be a store near where I live where I could buy those clothes. So thinking about that made me want to ask you:

Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes? Which anime/manga has made you look at the characters and say “I would love to wear those clothes”?

For me…the anime/manga that has made me ask the previously mentioned question is Bleach, especially when I look at the spreads by KT-sensei. KT might not the best storyteller in the world, but he sure is an awesome fashion designer, at least IMHO he is. I would love to buy and wear many of the clothes I have seen the girls in Bleach wear in the manga/anime and especially in the color-pages and spreads.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes?

Death Note: Few mangaka draw clothes as well as Obata. Really stylish, well drawn.
    Homunculus: A manga about the psychology of identity most have awesome style, right?
    Sidooh: Some of the best traditional Japanese dress. Mozu always looks awesome.
    Bleach: Always awesome. Great modern day style, the shinigami and arrancar uniform are also amazing.
    Bakemonogatari: Pretty standard school uniform and casual style clothes but the combo of nisioisin's art and SHAFTS animation makes them extra epic. And I needed an excuse to post a Senjogahara pic
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 05, 2010 at 01:21 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nobody needs an excuse to post a senjougahara pic~

hmm I really liked the uniforms in Aria, they look really fantastical and professional at the same time. It helped that the art was absolutely amazing, those color spreads are still some of the best I've seen

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another manga/anime series that has a very cool style of clothes is NANA. The two main girls of the series have very different styles; Hachi’s style is more girly and cute while Nana’s is more gothic rock. But regardless of their differences, I like both styles very much and I would love to wear some of the clothes they do in the manga/anime. And let’s not forget the boys, their clothes are very cool as well and make them look very handsome and trendy.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 07, 2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroshitsugi, done, thread closed, it's the best in manga. xD

Could anyone resist Earl Phantomhive walking around in such sophisticated attire. Sebastian is always in the same get up but he's the butler, what do you expect. The late 19th century is so beautiful to look at. Earl pulls off the top hat look effortlessly it should be a crime. The clothes are an important aspect in the manga, it makes you believe the story and setting even more. I can't wait until chapter 46, we get cover and color pages. \o/

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    Kuroshitsugi, done, thread closed, it's the best in manga. xD
    I'm surprised guys read it! XD (Sorry!) But yes, I do agree that the costumes are very chic and goes well with the Victorian setting.

It's coming from a fan's perspective but I love the clothes that Reborn! characters wear. It goes with each character's personality and all the uniforms are very cool. My personal favourites are anything that Gokudera wears, Haru's outfit in Ch. 289 and the unique attires in colour pages such as Ch. 260.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: Definitely one of the top manga in terms of style. The characters constantly change outifts yet still continue to wear older clothes in their wardrobe (at least in the anime). I love the stylish modern clothes in the manga, but I also love the formal mob attire. It doesn't help that I'm crazy about suits, vests, etc... formal wear in general. I especially love Gokudera's and Tsuna's outfits.

Bleach: Although they don't often show up in the story, the clothes in Bleach's colour pages are by far some of the best I've ever seen. Even the ones that show up in the anime are really stylish. Its one of the few manga/anime that influenced my wardrobe. I especially love Byakuya's outfits.

One Piece: It might be weird seeing someone mention One Piece, but think about it. Its one of the few (shounen) manga to have the characters constantly changing clothes. I love seeing what new clothes each character will wear every time a new arc begins. My favourites have to Nami's wardrobe (which keeps getting sexier) and Luffy's outfit in the 6th movie. Zoro and Sanji also have some pretty cool threads.

Nurarihyon no Mago/Blade of the Immortal: Both of these series feature retro japanese clothes, kimono's in other words. I've never had much of an interest in those clothes untill I saw the awesome kimono designs in both series. I'm not really fond of the large hakama pants seen in most samurai series, so it was a breath of fresh air to see them not being used in these series. These two series make me want to dress like a samurai at least once for a costume party.

Kuroshitsuji/D.Gray-man/any series set in the 19th century: I have a thing for victorian clothes ok!? Anyway, its true, one day I'd really like to wear formal victorian clothes like the ones seen in these series. Maybe for a costume party?

Also from what I've seen, shoujo manga tend to feature cool outfits, at least in colour spreads. I also forgot to mention Air Gear. While I've only seen the anime and read just a few chapters, the outfits look pretty cool.

10. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroshitsuji and Pandora Hearts. Those outfits are drugs for the eyes.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

XXX holic- queer outfits every where same with tsubasa chronicles ...
    liked yu yu haku shows clothes style...
    berserks one also deserves some credit
    and yokohama kaidashi kikous outfit is also good ..
    in terms of anime
    Bakemonogatari love the array of dresses
    Arakawa each of the dwellers have their own 'unique' trend
    Singetsutan tsukihime is also good

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes?

Clamp's work:
    Sakura in CCS got a new dress each time she go out to collect cards n they all look so good (WTH). I remember wishing for those outfit when first read the series ;
    Kobato is similar n still looking good;
    Clothes in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle are more simple but still great.
    Yuuko of XXXHolic looks so unreal n HOT under Clamp' design. <3

For more modern style, I like those come from Ai Yazawa's work:
    Both two Nana have good sense of fashion.
    The same for Paradise Kiss. They are casually n attractive.
    Great thing is those are definitely what I can actually wear.

Oh, n kimonos from every series thus far I read. I want to have all of those in my wardrobe.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Kobata's style, her hats and dresses are always adorable. Yuuka's outfits are unreal, though I haven't read the series in a couple of years >.>;;

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    I love Kobata's style, her hats and dresses are always adorable. Yuuka's outfits are unreal, though I haven't read the series in a couple of years >.>;;

Yes, so adorable. I want those for my... friends' dolls (I don't play dolls but some of my friends do, those outfits will make a great present, n I can come play with them whenever I want :3).
    XXXHolic n Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle both mark a new drawing style of Clamp. They are must read for a Clamp's fan like me.
    And I think XXXHolic is the better one so plz come back 4it <.<

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Like everybody already mentioned, Kateikyou Hitman Reborn characters wear stylish clothes. Pages from KHR artbook Colore can be easily mistaken as fashion spreads.

I second every single Clamp's design as well. Personally i think theirs are the best. The clothing in CCS is especially very memorable.

Funny someone would mentioned One Piece since the characters' clothes hardly change (except Nami and Robin...) xD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro's clothes tend to change, although he always goes back to wearing his original outfit. The others mostly receive colour and texture changes to their clothes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ It's been a long time since i am up to date with One Piece, but i remember liking the Arabasta arc clothes.

Spoiler: Some samples from KHR's Colore Artbook show

Clamp's design for Clover is simply gorgeous. Too bad the magazine that published it went bankrupt... i really want to see the conclusion.
    Spoiler: Clover show

Ouran Host Club has very nice style too.

Spoiler: Alichino show
    Last edited by R4n; July 10, 2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast