Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Vol 23 (Chap 188 - 196) Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 188 Discussion/ 189 Predictions

I am completely fine with the Queen being a fraud, we have seen this story time and time again, we have learned to accept this. Just like we both said, the forced emotion is just too much.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to agree, feel nothing for the queen. I felt more for Cobra not being able to talk with his Snakey friend than I do for all the Exceed combined (minus Happy of course...not minus Charle, she doesn't do a thing for me).

Would have been a better plot twist if the queen could actually destroy all the humans in the world. Her being a weakling is just...meh...

Kind of leaves me with the feeling that they could have left the Exceed out of the entire storyline and nothing would have changed.

EDIT: What happened to the rest of my post? All I mentioned was some predictions from memory. Oh I did say something about Coco though. Could have removed that...
    Last edited by bittman; June 16, 2010 at 05:59 AM.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

finally Mistgun appear. that is obvious. well, you can predict FT by it's next week title. always been like that.. but it doesn't make me hate this just because it is predictable.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh.. twas all a bluff, how disappointing. However I'm happy it's like almost confirmed that Lily's gonna be a FT member ;D

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well seems like Lily and Coco got a long history so perhaps both of m?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol @ Lily's face when Gajeel told him he'd drag him to fairy tail XD

Coco's face while talking to Lily is also interesting.

And it seems that Lily knew about this? Maybe he was the one that spilled the beans on the queen?

The title for next week is so predictable, The boy from that time, it's Mystogan, Gérard from Edoras that's going to appear. That's guaranteed.

And I can't wait learn the true motive for sending Happy, Charle and other Exceed to Earthland to find the Dragon Slayers.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah its interesting to see,

-Queen and exceed got no special abilities (apart from flying?)
    -Exceed not send to kill dragonslayers then?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    I wasn't a fan of this chapter myself. Just really didn't do anything for me. Of all the directions to take, this one is pretty forced down your throat emotion, nothing really genuine.
    See the bright side of it, atleast this way we wont have battles of the queen and probably drowning into alot of chapters if it would be that way. This way we get to move on with the story quicklier and find out stuff that really puzzles us. Like Where are all the dragons, more from mystogan. We've come to learn everything already from this saga, it's cuz they don't have infinite magic blah blah blah, maybe it will end in someway of them having infinite magic, thanks to fairy tail guild in some way.I would have been somewhat interesting also if it was due to the queen power that there was not infinite magic.. But heh I don't mind it this way ;P

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter was not that good.... I was kinda expecting more from the queen (who turned out to be a crippled victim) and from the exceed military. I guess this means this arc will end soon considering what could have been an important plot device turned out to be a bluff. On the other hand, if the truth is discovered, the humans could invade and easily crush extalia.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; June 16, 2010 at 09:48 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    yeah its interesting to see,

-Queen and exceed got no special abilities (apart from flying?)
    -Exceed not send to kill dragonslayers then?

The Queen special abilitiy is : see the futur and human death that all

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

forgot bout that. Perhaps she will forsee something for the main characters near the end of the arc?

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Coco and her "infinite smile" stuff...the mangaka seems to love all the smile stuff.

At least we know why Lily called it "fake country".

Is FT reaching its limits ? I guess I'm simply really too old to read it now.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i doubt there is any fact in you not liking this manga thats even remotely related to this chapter. So why bring it to chapter discussion?

-About the Coco smile, shes the only be happy character besides Happy. < the name says it. Other then that the mouth expression is what is the most significant in the manga apart from other bodyparts ofc ^^. If you dont like it dont read it. Just dont bug people that like it with it.
    -The friendship part well yes its in it, its what makes FT FT agian if you dont like it dont bug people who like it with it. We already know this...

Other then friendship there are a few other themes you clearly forget...

-destiny
    -mystery powers (dragonslayer magic says it all no?)
    -the year the dragons disapeared 777, also the year that Lucys mom suposedly died < again a mystery element.
    -Ultears involvement + Zeref still alive, possibly the final showdown enemies.

And im forgetting tons of story elements wich all make it a good manga, yet you only pick the friendship part. Well isnt every manga in its core about friendships, take the mother of all manga (Dragonball) wich has the same basic understanding (in this case the Z fighters)

Maybe its a good idea to start a (i hate manga thread) and make a subthread for every diff manga, go there and post what you dislike, just dont bring it to the chapter discussions. < final entry.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; June 16, 2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will warn you guys once and if it continues there will be further actions taken...

Stop with the insults, flaming and bashing of each other and the series!

Also STOP with the sexual comments about Coco being a Loli and how this guy or that is going to hump or rape her.

These sexual comments are starting to get ridiculous and I am getting tired of having to remind members of this!!

You can express your displeasure with the chapter/series in a constructive way or you can just not post!
    Last edited by ghostexiled; June 16, 2010 at 09:51 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Well i doubt there is any fact in you not liking this manga thats even remotely related to this chapter. So why bring it to chapter discussion?

-About the Coco smile, shes the only be happy character besides Happy. < the name says it. Other then that the mouth expression is what is the most significant in the manga apart from other bodyparts ofc ^^. If you dont like it dont read it. Just dont bug people that like it with it.
    -The friendship part well yes its in it, its what makes FT FT agian if you dont like it dont bug people who like it with it. We already know this...

Other then friendship there are a few other themes you clearly forget...

-destiny
    -mystery powers (dragonslayer magic says it all no?)
    -the year the dragons disapeared 777, also the year that Lucys mom suposedly died < again a mystery element.
    -Ultears involvement + Zeref still alive, possibly the final showdown enemies.

And im forgetting tons of story elements wich all make it a good manga, yet you only pick the friendship part. Well isnt every manga in its core about friendships, take the mother of all manga (Dragonball) wich has the same basic understanding (in this case the Z fighters)
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Maybe its a good idea to start a (i hate manga thread) and make a subthread for every diff manga, go there and post what you dislike, just dont bring it to the chapter discussions. < final entry.
    I don't know what happened when I was sleeping but I did my answer in the hangout thread.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...02#post1952502

New Reply
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast