Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    Maybe this format how the story telling goes Kurapika has dreamt it again after fainting from the hostage exchange...

=====================
    Oh just now Megumi Han Fan said

I hope thats not true, I'm waiting for more press releases...
    I did think of that too.Considering it comes out next year , by that time ,Greed Island arc would have started so it may be takes place around that time.
    Maybe Gon and Killua will just play a small part in it since it is kinda obvious this movie will focus more on Kurapika.
    Now I wonder ,would the movie be considered canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Hah, my wish actually came true .

Great news. I wish that Madhouse wouldn't be making the movie though.
    Why?
    Last edited by Akia999; July 18, 2012 at 05:45 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    As far as yu yu hakuso goes there are two "films" one 30 minute one dubbed by funi and another 90 minute feature dubbed by some other chumps so you're better off looking up for subs online or something.

As for the Hunter x Hunter movie I can't help but feel a tad disappointed, but at the same time I completely get where they're going with this.

Disappointed because I wanted all four of the mains to be involved and well if kurapika's the centreic and Gon and Killua are heavily sidelined... so much for leorio. maybe he'll be in the credits or something XD.

But I do like the idea of going into the Kurata tribe massacre, though I wonder exactly how they're going to do this. Like Mr. sticky said before just a flashback, while can be possibly dragged out, serves for a rather short film. and like I said on a ANN post, if Kurapika and the Troupe ever mix, SOMEONE'S going to die. Still though its always a good Idea to use extra source materials to fill in those little spaces about the universe and I think alot of people will enjoy it.

As for me, call me shallow, but I want to see a trailer first. XP
    Agree with pretty much everything here. Don't get me wrong; I'm excited for the movie. I just thought all four main characters would be together and share screen time, y'know? I was hoping the movie would reference a bunch of stuff from the manga in passing, and not just Kurapika's problems. I'm looking forward to it though, but I want to see the trailer too. It's bound to be awesome if Togashi is writing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Ok besides the Kurta massacre what other plot points would you like address in the movie?
    I would like them to address how Hisoka joined the Spiders. How the Spiders were formed. Perhaps even a glimpse of Meteor City.

And it's an extremely unlikely possibility, but I hope they make this a sort of mini-hyperlink story. Sort of Durarara-esque where there's a bunch of individual stories (like Spiders, Kurta clan, Hisoka, perhaps even the Zoldyck family) that don't seemingly connect until you see them converge into one big story. Kinda like how the Election arc was written. Alluka's story and the Hunter Elections actually affected the results in each other, even though they weren't connected deeply. Don't see this happening at all though. I just thought it would be an added bonus if we see Ging or Kaito in the movie, even though I don't see how they could fit with the story.

I wonder if Illumi, or any of the Zoldyck members, will make an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Great news. I wish that Madhouse wouldn't be making the movie though.
    Why?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that we might be jumping the gun over whether or not this story deals with the Kurta massacre, though. Togashi may have commented that he wanted to write the story, but the news blurb itself doesn't specifically mention that the movie's plot is entirely about the Kurta massacre. There's a good chance, given the name of the film. But I'm still uncertain.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the wording doesn't lend itself to many concrete details. Even Togashi's quote in the article is literally "I'd like to write the story myself!" The phrase doesn't mean that he actually did. I think it's more likely that the story will involve both Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe but not necessarily be about the Kurta massacre. We'll have to wait for more details.

But a quick note--Megumi Han's facebook fanpage isn't run by the actress herself. So I wouldn't take that person's word for it either.
    Last edited by Popo; July 18, 2012 at 06:14 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

The plot could also involve Kurapika&others searching for his deceased friends' eyes. It could also be something like them meeting the other survivor(s) of the Kuruta Clan and then turning out that they were deceived. Maybe a filler GR member pretending to be from Kuruta Clan and joining GR only for the purpose of revenge (O_o). Plenty of possibilities.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thought of something...

What if Kite flashback is around the same time as the Kurta Clan massacre?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did the 'togashi wrote the story' came from? From the Japanese article I only saw the line 'Togashi commented that the original content is something he would like to write himself'. That doesn't mean he actually penned the story himself. I hope it wouldn't be something like the filler in the latest episode (I haven't saw it yet but some people here found them so so).

And I am not sure if the phantom troupe massacre prequel story really needed to be told. It seems it'd be fatalistic and bleak, and origin story like this has been speculate many times in doujinshi and fanfic before...( I read a very good one that made me disgusted at the troupe). Not that I wanted one of those cheesy Jump's friendship fighting beat the boss movies either...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Just thought of something...

What if Kite flashback is around the same time as the Kurta Clan massacre?
    My dream hyperlink story. Yes, connect all those seemingly individual stories.

I hope the movie's story will at least fit with what is already canon.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

If Togashi did indeed write the movie then I'll consider it canon, that is unless it's in some alternate universe or it completely contradicts events in the story. The fact that maybe it'll be about the Kurta massacre gives me mixed feelings. On the one hand it's cool to see a movie based on a shonen series which doesn't follow the same formula as the others, but then on the other hand it probably means that Gon, Killua and Leorio will be sidelined in favour of Kurapika. I don't mind characters other than the protagonist getting some focus (I encourage it a lot actually), but Kurapika already has the Yorkshin arc, so how about giving Leorio some much needed attention? xD

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should remember that the main character in HxH is not Gon...It's the "profession" of being a Hunter. So all the story is related directly of what it means to be "a Hunter".

This movie is only an explanation needed in order to move on with the plot, according to the last panel shown in the manga.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Everyone should remember that the main character in HxH is not Gon...It's the "profession" of being a Hunter. So all the story is related directly of what it means to be "a Hunter".
    I always thought Gon was the protagonist, Killua the deuteragonist, and all four of them main characters. It's cool to think of the profession as a main character thought. Makes sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I always thought Gon was the protagonist, Killua the deuteragonist, and all four of them main characters. It's cool to think of the profession as a main character thought. Makes sense.
    I think it's both in a way. Hunter x Hunter is about Hunters. Gon could die and the story could continue.
    However at the same time, Gon seems to be a primary character we focus on. We are following Gon's journey.
    But then Gon's journey is I think a catalyst for the journeys of other hunters: such as Killua and Kurapika.

To me, Hunter x Hunter is more than Gon finding Ging. It's about the hunt.

"Hunting for your dream" kinda fits it rather nicely. Because isn't that what everyone is doing?
    Even Kurapika is hunting for his dream of revenge. Except his dream of revenge is a nightmare.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think Gon is definitely the protagonist but the story as a whole is more about the entire Hunter world than one particular character.

As a result he appears in every arc, but isn't always in the spotlight. Sometimes he's just an accessory to someone else (like Killua or Kurapica) while they do their thing.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; July 18, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see Gon as the primary protagonist, Killua secondary (or deuteragonist), and then Kurapika and Leorio as the other two main characters. The focus on the story is being a hunter, but there is also a focus on our main characters achieving their goals as hunters. The overarching story is about Gon finding his father, but we also get to see how his journey affects him, his comrades, and shapes his views about the world (and this can be extended to Killua as well, who is tagging along to help Gon find his father and figure out what he wants to do.)

With that said, although I'm happy to see Kurapika again, I'm also a little disappointed by the story not being about the four main characters. The foursome travelling together is something I'm looking forward to seeing in the manga again, and it makes me kinda sad to think that it may never happen again. And if Gon and Killua are going to be sidelined, what will happen with Leorio?

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    How can a profession be a character?Hunting is important in HxH this is what the main characters and others do the most of time because it's the main subject in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Yeah, I think Gon is definitely the protagonist but the story as a whole is more about the entire Hunter world than one particular character.

As a result he appears in every arc, but isn't always in the spotlight. Sometimes he's just an accessory to someone else (like Killua or Kurapica) while they do their thing.
    I think it's because Togashi likes to take his time.For example we have Leorio,we hadn't not seen him since York Shin arc and Hisoka has more apparitions but he is still considered as a main character.Killua is my favorite character but i am a happy to see him disappear for a while, Togashi really developped his character in every arcs since he encountered Gon.I don't think he will have so much character development now, contrary to Leorio and Kurapika(now that Killua disappeared,those 2 appear suddenly) and especially Gon,i really want to see his encounter with Jairo.

Do you guys remember this picture?

Spoiler show

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    With that said, although I'm happy to see Kurapika again, I'm also a little disappointed by the story not being about the four main characters. The foursome travelling together is something I'm looking forward to seeing in the manga again, and it makes me kinda sad to think that it may never happen again. And if Gon and Killua are going to be sidelined, what will happen with Leorio?
    I guess we won't see Leorio in the whole movie.
    Last edited by Beans; July 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast