Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

The subtitle of the film is "Phantom Rouge." The kanji literally means "The Scarlet Phantom."

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Togashi is writing it, the plot regards the Phantom Troupe and the massacre of the Kurta clan. More details will be revealed in Weekly Jump 34. (Rough translation, I am bad at translating).
    This is the gist of it. The English title of the film is "Phantom Rouge," while the Kanji above literally mean "The Scarlet Phantom."

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Mantan Web confirmed that the film will be titled Hunter x Hunter: The Scarlet Illusion and will be released in the 21st of January, 2012. The plot will be a completely original story written by Yoshihiro Togashi himself, focusing on The Phantom Troupe and the Kurta Clan. Kurapika is said to be the film’s protagonist, with Gon and Killua being sidelined for a heavily Kurapika focused story of a ‘scarlet illusion’.
    This is very exciting. Kurapika's been out of the main story for too long. Though I hope we'll get a dose of our three other mains as well.

It's January 21st, 2013, right? I just realized that's less than a year away.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Genius move by Togashi.

Now Togashi doesn't have to address the "Kurta Massacre" in the Hunter x Hunter manga and can instead focus on other things.
    Well not that he had to in the first place but this way for all the Kurapika or Phantom Troupe fans out there wondering how it
    all went down well now we finally get to know. But also since it is a movie and not the manga it will be optional canon. People
    can say "it's by Togashi so it's canon." or they can say "Yes it's by Togashi. But it's not in the manga." and reject it. Their choice.

I think the movie will be great.

Were there ever any Yu Yu Hakusho movies? If so how were they?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

BTW I'm guessing there will be more to it than just the massacre because that seems like it will be a short movie

Kurta Clan living in peace
    Phantom Troupe wants their eyes.
    Massacre
    Kurapika vows revenge
    the end

I mean yeah they could drag that out. But there's got to be other stuff going on too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Genius move by Togashi.

Now Togashi doesn't have to address the "Kurta Massacre" in the Hunter x Hunter manga and can instead focus on other things.
    Well not that he had to in the first place but this way for all the Kurapika or Phantom Troupe fans out there wondering how it
    all went down well now we finally get to know. But also since it is a movie and not the manga it will be optional canon. People
    can say "it's by Togashi so it's canon." or they can say "Yes it's by Togashi. But it's not in the manga." and reject it. Their choice.

I think the movie will be great.

Were there ever any Yu Yu Hakusho movies? If so how were they?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

BTW I'm guessing there will be more to it than just the massacre because that seems like it will be a short movie

Massacre
    Kurapika vows revenge
    the end

I mean yeah they could drag that out. But there's got to be other stuff going on too.
    Well as we know, Togashi is pretty closely involved with the 2011 anime series. It has been said before that the filler in the anime is approved by Togashi (Canary destruction, introductions for Nostrade employees). Now this movie is being penned by the man himself, one could say that this anime is a true extension of the manga and not simply a recreation of it.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post

Massacre
    Kurapika vows revenge
    the end
    Founding of the ryodan

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

The younger Genei Ryodan... Yes please! The Kurta massacre is a must in a movie subtitled 'Phantom Rouge'. I'd like to see the Ryodan's infamous ruthlessness, especially Kuroro's casual cruelty when he thinks nothing of ordering his gang to eradicate a whole village (women, children and all) of peacefully living folks just for their eyes along with his very special type of crazed recklessness.

As for Kurapika... I guess what the old, 'Kurapika-centered' as some call it, anime had in abundance and the new anime lacks (that is, Kurapika-centrism) the movie will compensate. Only, I'm not sure I like how Kurapika turns out so far in the Madhouse version of anime, so not much hope there for me.

Anyway, a chance to see more of the Ryodan and everything related to them classifies as awesome in my book.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we will finally see who was the member Hisoka killed to enter the Ryodan. Also, a clue on the one who was assassinated by Silva later.
    Too bad, it's not the Kaito gaiden/introduction. Mayben near the Chimera Ants arc? (wishful thinking here x])
    About Yu Yu Hakusho, I know it had a OVA. But I may be wrong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are Hunter fans, need to read up more on your YuYu :P!

Well I should let you know there was only 1 movie I believe and two OVA's. Both OVA's were rereleased by Funimation recently entitled Eizou Hakusho, the other film was dubbed by someone else but is very good (IMO, as far as Shonen Jump movies go its my favorite).

Phantom Rogue is a great title! I can't wait for more original Kurapika and especially Phantom Troupe content. Written by Togashi no less? How awesome is that.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as yu yu hakuso goes there are two "films" one 30 minute one dubbed by funi and another 90 minute feature dubbed by some other chumps so you're better off looking up for subs online or something.

As for the Hunter x Hunter movie I can't help but feel a tad disappointed, but at the same time I completely get where they're going with this.

Disappointed because I wanted all four of the mains to be involved and well if kurapika's the centreic and Gon and Killua are heavily sidelined... so much for leorio. maybe he'll be in the credits or something XD.

But I do like the idea of going into the Kurata tribe massacre, though I wonder exactly how they're going to do this. Like Mr. sticky said before just a flashback, while can be possibly dragged out, serves for a rather short film. and like I said on a ANN post, if Kurapika and the Troupe ever mix, SOMEONE'S going to die. Still though its always a good Idea to use extra source materials to fill in those little spaces about the universe and I think alot of people will enjoy it.

As for me, call me shallow, but I want to see a trailer first. XP
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok besides the Kurta massacre what other plot points would you like address in the movie?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    This website has all the information covered in English for you non Japanese speakers:

http://www.capsulecomputers.com/2012...ails-revealed/

This site translates the movie as The Scarlet Illusion, not sure if that is the official English title. I translate the image title as something close to The Scarlet Phantom or Red Phantom. We will see what the official title will be for English release soon enough I suppose.

Also Togashi has written the story himself and is most like going to be canon from my understanding. Its all pretty vague at this point. Not a lot of details outside a point here or there.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Togashi is writing it, the plot regards the Phantom Troupe and the massacre of the Kurta clan. More details will be revealed in Weekly Jump 34. (Rough translation, I am bad at translating).
    Yes a canon story which Togashi doesnt have time to write in manga form.... Cant wait for this...

OMG my blood is so boiling right now!!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

In this film we could see:
    -Kurapika's family and fighting styles(especially the one in his memory).
    -The dead #4.
    -Other Ryodan fighting styles(maybe they will spoil known abilities).
    -Silva and Chrollo fight.
    -GR foundation.

Ubo said Kuruta was very strong,maybe we'll see all of them in a serious fight. I really want to see Nobunaga's Hatsu and other abilities of Chrollo.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be seeing Kurapika's family
    we'll be seeing that darn friend Kurapika is holding
    we'll be seeing who the ordered GR to get those kurta eyes, I have a feeling its from Meteor City...
    we'll be seeing how Kurapika survive or is he really the lone survivor
    and we'll be seeing how Gr massacred the tribe...
    and many more... more...
    Maybe this format will be Kurapika will tell Gon and Killua (so they can have minimal appearance)
    or on the other hadn
    Maybe this format how the story telling goes Kurapika has dreamt it again after fainting from the hostage exchange...
    or then maybe we'll see him in Mafia boss uniform after the story...
    when is it again Jan. 13?
    How many episodes has been if that time comes its almost 65(I could be wroing on the counting) episodes in the anime....

=====================
    Oh just now Megumi Han Fan said

I hope thats not true, I'm waiting for more press releases...
    Last edited by riniloves; July 18, 2012 at 03:58 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah, my wish actually came true .

Great news. I wish that Madhouse wouldn't be making the movie though.

New Reply
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast