Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

So, is that a comparison of the most money made by movies on their opening weekends? Or just a list of some random ones? Sounds awesome either way.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post

So, is that a comparison of the most money made by movies on their opening weekends? Or just a list of some random ones? Sounds awesome either way.
    Yeah it's a comparison of the other movies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was my reaction to the success of the movie lol.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. I've just been lurking. That aside, I'm tempted to go see the Hunter x Hunter movie, despite the fact I haven't kept up with the newer anime at all. I just couldn't get into it much. I can watch it on television and I know it'd be easy to follow, seeing as how I still read its manga and watched the 1999 series (which I still love despite its flaws [especially the seiyuu and the music]). I know the movie came out last weekend. Maybe I'll try going to the movies Sunday to watch it. I read the Kurapika special mentioned a while back, and boy was I fangirling over it! It was so nice to finally read about his past. Long awaited on my part. I had many theories, of course. lol

If I don't see it...it's because I chickened out and felt too nervous to even attempt to go to a Japanese theatre to see an animated film without a kid by my side. Maybe I can talk a couple of friends into going. We'll look foolish together. ^^ lol

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Another trailer uploaded onto Megumi Han fan's facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...51396776442268
    (edit: whoops, didn't see it in the other thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
    I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. I've just been lurking. That aside, I'm tempted to go see the Hunter x Hunter movie, despite the fact I haven't kept up with the newer anime at all. I just couldn't get into it much. I can watch it on television and I know it'd be easy to follow, seeing as how I still read its manga and watched the 1999 series (which I still love despite its flaws [especially the seiyuu and the music]). I know the movie came out last weekend. Maybe I'll try going to the movies Sunday to watch it. I read the Kurapika special mentioned a while back, and boy was I fangirling over it! It was so nice to finally read about his past. Long awaited on my part. I had many theories, of course. lol

If I don't see it...it's because I chickened out and felt too nervous to even attempt to go to a Japanese theatre to see an animated film without a kid by my side. Maybe I can talk a couple of friends into going. We'll look foolish together. ^^ lol
    Actually, I heard from a lot of people who went that most of the theatre was filled with people who were at least 20 years old.

And I think any bit of new HxH material is worth checking out whether one has seen the new series or not.
    Last edited by Riruru; January 17, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm over the age of 20. Way over it, in fact, although, I get mistaken for being in my early 20s all the time. lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Another trailer uploaded onto Megumi Han fan's facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...51396776442268
    (edit: whoops, didn't see it in the other thread)

Actually, I heard from a lot of people who went that most of the theatre was filled with people who were at least 20 years old.

And I think any bit of new HxH material is worth checking out whether one has seen the new series or not.
    despite being a shonen manga hxh is actually good for mature readers that why you will find less kids and more grown up viewers but i doubt it for the next movie. the theater will be filled with everyone ..i think you read the manga and you know why..the ideas that togashi bring are really mature plus his wonderful art make hxh a masterpiece 'i know sometime he f*** it up but .....''..if just he wasn't going through those hiatsu he would be number 1 in japan
    Quote Quote:
    it's not something to be ashamed of.. if i was there i swear i would horn in with kids even if i was over 30.... kids are the future my ass..am the future..

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry ssjup81, you will not look foolish. I was afraid of the same thing (I'm 24), that I would stand out in a cinema full of kids and since I'm a westerner it would be worse.

I went yesterday and I was so surprised. I swear there wasn't a single person that looked under 18, I even saw people that looked over 40. I guess Japanese people don't care what other people think, they like something, they go for it. It's the same thing with clothes. If I had to describe their fashion sense I would say it is "everything goes with everything". I've seen some really weird fashion styles but no one judges (unless it is too revealing, they're modest). I love this kind of mentality, and I'm really gonna miss it when I go back home.

As for the movie, well my Japanese sucks so I understood only about half of it. It was ok for a movie but definetely not at the level of Togashi. The vilain lacked debth (that could be due to my low understanding of Japanese so don't pay too much attention to it) and some of the characters felt passive, especially the Genei Ryodan. It is difficult to explain without giving anything away.

I got the free booklet too. I wasn't expecting it really because I thought that they only had them for the first screenings and the movie has been out for a week now. It is in Japanese though "sigh"

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm over the age of 20. Way over it, in fact, although, I get mistaken for being in my early 20s all the time. lol
    Where in the United States can you watch the HxH movie in theaters ? O.o

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Japan. lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Japan. lol
    OH!! LUCK-EE !!! Damn you STILL haven't seen it then?! You slackin xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, just usually busy stressing over work (this job ends in March, btw, and I'm looking forward to it, but hope I got the other job I applied for so I can stay over here). Also, the nearest theater isn't close to me. I live in a small town of the Yamagata prefecture. The closest movie theaters to me are in Yamagata city and Yonezawa city. I also don't drive, so that's an issue. I could always take the train to either place (Yamagata especially, since I used to live there when I was here my first time back in 2010 [I went home shortly after the earthquake in 2011 and returned to Japan in late March 2012]), but it's a hassle for that sole reason, unless I plan to stay overnight or something. If I drove, it'd be more convenient.

Like I said, maybe I could ask a couple of friends if they'd like to go. I saw the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie with them (despite my not being a Kenshin fan). My Japanese sucks big time though, but I figured out what was going on, for the most part, through the scenes. I'm sure I could get the gist of a Hunter x Hunter movie. lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151395490362268
    Some more scenes from the Phantom Rouge movie. I'm not sure how embed the video though lol.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keirin's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Other questions haven't been translated yet?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

New Reply
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast