Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Hunter x Hunter Movie

This is kind of an old post but I just read someone's translation summary of the Phantom Rouge novel. It seems they changed and cut a lot of good things in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by willeke
    Pairo asked if he can have Kurapika's eyes, and before Kurapika realizes what's happening, Pairo used some kind of nen ability to steal them. Leorio was watching the entire time, but didn't quite understand what happened because he can't use Gyo.

Leorio tried to interfere, but Pairo started fighting him and Kurapika, using two wooden swords. (Which is the Kuruta clan's traditional martial art, apparently) Pairo said he doesn't want to do this, but still tries to kill Kurapika. Kurapika is too baffled trying to understand why Pairo is doing this, and just stays still in the rain, crying. Then Leorio scoops him up and carries him in his arms, running away.
    I imagine that's where you see that shot in the trailer with Leorio running down the cliff with Pairo following. I would've loved to see more Leorio fighting scenes so I'm very disappointed they took this part out.

(The thing with him accidentally touching Retsu's chest didn't happen in the novel though...) Killua gets even more annoyed when Gon takes Retsu with them to the hotel they're staying at. While Retsu goes take a shower, Killua's trying to convince Gon that Retsu is suspicious, accusing him of being a pickpocket and such. Gon says that's fine because they don't have anything worth stealing anyways, except for his license which Killua has, and Killua would never let it be stolen. Then Gon wants to go take a shower as well, so he enters the bathroom where Retsu is... And he sees that Retsu is a girl! Hearing Gon's voice of surprise, Killua comes in as well, like "What's wrong, Gon!?"... Awkward...!
    They even cut out the fan service! Joking aside, this scene would've been a lot better if the amount of people saying that Killua pushing Retz made him an out of character jerk is any indication.

source: http://willeke4439.livejournal.com/300050.html

I was totally expecting the railroad scene to come up here. But here, the novel is COMPLETELY different from what I've heard about the movie! O_____O Not sure what to think of that, I was kinda looking forward to reading that scene (in a morbid kinda way)... u.u

So Instead of that scene, we get Killua walking into a dark alley in the town, with no particular destination. It's raining, and he's crying as well. In the alley he (literally) runs into a drunk guy, who starts insulting him for not apologizing for bumping into him. He even smashes his alcohol bottle on Killua's head when Killua doesn't respond. But Killua doesn't feel any pain, just numbness, and figures that Illumi was right, killing is the only thing he can do. So he goes in to kill the drunk guy, but then Gon appears and stops him (Not just by grabbing Killua's hand, but also HUGGING him
    I think a lot of people here would've preferred Killua deciding to resort back to killing over committing suicide, seeing how many complaints of that there are. It's also a throwback to what happened back in the Hunter Exam. Me, I like both versions of it though I would've liked to see the hugging.

source: http://willeke4439.livejournal.com/302575.html

To give Kurapika an opening to do that, someone else needs to distract Omokage or keep him occupied. Gon and Killua do that, they go and stand in front of Omokage using ren, taking the bullets head on, deflecting them with their auras. Omokage thinks it's interesting and increases the power of his bullets, causing Gon and Killua to run out of aura. Killua tries to protect Gon by standing in front of him, but that means he gets attacked twice as much as before, causing him to drop his guard, get hit and fly a dozen of meters away. Gon sees him fall to the ground unmoving, bleeding badly from several bullet holes all over his body. (OMG, Was THAT in the movie!? O__O; The discription in the novel was rather gory...Do not wanna see...
    I would've loved to see that.

Omokage attacks him, but then Gon yells out and threatens to cut up his own eyes. Omokage wants his eyes, so it'd be a shame if they'd get damaged, right...? And Gon is actually serious about it, he says doesn't mind giving up an eye or two for the sake of his friends. Omokage freezes and stops his attack, but meanwhile Retsu also grabs a knife and destroys her own eyes, that were inside of a puppet. Omokage totally freaks out and breaks down at seeing this (Did he still have hope to put Retsu's eyes back someday...? ) , which allows Kurapika to use his chain jail after all, sealing Omokage's nen.
    What's with all of these awesome gory scenes being removed?

source: http://willeke4439.livejournal.com/303916.html

Overall, I think it'd another case of this movie having to be cut too short. A lot of the great parts of it, especially the ending battle were horribly butchered.
    Last edited by Riruru; August 07, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That's how it would be a HxH movie made by Naruto or DBZ staff.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a bad movie for me

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! I've found this in the movie : (spoiler chapter 338 - volume 32)

Spoiler show

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magickirua View Post

Spoiler show
    actually there is a little text under the picture in the movie..it's in hunter world's language

so who can translate it.???

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried but this is too blurry...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xScar's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magickirua View Post

Spoiler show
    Can you give me the timestamp of where that's at in the movie?

Edit:
    Found it at 25:34.

It says "モンスター Monsters," as far as I can tell. Still not extremely clear, especially the first and fourth characters.

My images and paint over:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by xScar; September 12, 2013 at 09:55 PM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

But
    Spoiler show
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34