Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

I dunno...high schoolers are a bit Idk sort of level, I mean Tokugawa and Oni beat Echizen and Tooyama...I'd rank Echizen, Tokugawa, Yukimura, Oni, Sanada, Tezuka, Atobe, Kintarou, Nakagauchi (Sotomichi), Fuji, followed closely by Yanagi, Shiraishi, Niou, Tachibana, Chitose, Krauser, Kaidoh, Kirihara, Ishida, Oshitari...

Double pair would be something like:
    Golden, Yanagi/Inui (if they were to ever form a pair) Champion, Silver, Niou/Yagyuu, Kaidoh/Inui, Momo/Kaidoh, Funny Pair, Jimmies, and then some randomers.

Sakurai>The other peep
    Kaidoh>Momo>Inui>Kikumaru>Kawamura>Oishi
    Oshitari>Akutagawa>Hiyoshi/Kabaji>meh don't care
    Last edited by Bowser; June 08, 2010 at 11:53 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose, I basically have Echizen in Top tier because he will never lose unless it is to give him some new technique. Tokugawa secind because he is the only court 1 player who had a match until now.
    Afterwards I have Yukimura because he easily beat Kintarou in the one point match, seeing as Oni seems to be Kintarou's opponent for now, I went with that order.

As for Tezuka, he lost to both Atobe and Sanada and seeing as Niou vs Fuji should probably demonstrate the Tezuka vs Fuji match to an extent, I can't see him that high up.

Concerning the team ranking, I think it would make more sense to order them in "usefulness", not Singles only.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have hopes that Echizen will lose (not off panel) in Shin PoT. So for my singles Tier list...it goes like this.

Un-freaking-believable
    Tokugawa
    Echizen
    Yukimura

Pretty Damn Amazing

Oni
    Kintarou
    Sanada
    Tezuka
    Atobe
    Fuji
    Shiraishi

High
    Yanagi
    Inui (believe it or not, Inui DID beat Yanagi in singles)
    Chitose
    Kirihara
    Krauser
    Tachibana
    Niou

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Would anyone please argue why Tezuka should be higher than he is on my list?

Regarding Inui, I suppose I could fit him in lower high, around Kaidoh, but not that much higher as some of the characters above himm just got more development than him.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Tezuka can already counter WoI, and when he faced Atobe he couldn't even use Hyakuren. Now he has Zero Shiki Serve AND TPhantom too, so I just can't see him losing to Atobe.

His match with Sanada was just filled with madness, considering that both Hyakuren AND Saiki were useless against him for whatever crazy reason. "Unpredictable like the shadows" was it? That's such BS. At least I put him under Sanada though, although that was basically Sanada's first win against him.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's reasonable I suppose - what about Fuji then, he beat Niou's imitation of Tezuka afterall.

And where should Inui be exactly? Kaidoh seemed to be stronger in the last doubles match, so would below Kaidoh be acceptable?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles
    Rank SS (Super Saiyajin)
    Ryoma
    Kazuya
    Yukimira

Rank S
    Irie
    Kintaroh
    Oni
    Atobe
    Sanada
    Tezuka
    Fuji

Rank A
    Shiraishi
    Chitose
    Renji
    Niou

Rank B
    Yagyyu
    Crausa
    Kirihara
    Inui
    Kaidoh

Doubles
    Rank SS
    Golden Pair

Rank S

Data Pair
    Champion Pair
    Silver Pair

Rank A
    Niou-Yagyyu
    Inui-Kaidoh
    Renji-Kirihara
    Jimmies

Rank B
    Funny Pair
    Momo-Kaidoh
    Kenya-Gin
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it so hard to give a reason why character X should be in a different position than were I put him in the OP (which I will update)?

We get nothing out of it when everyone just posts a list and that's it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Is it so hard to give a reason why character X should be in a different position than were I put him in the OP (which I will update)?

We get nothing out of it when everyone just posts a list and that's it.
    Quote Quote:
    Singles
    Rank SS (Super Saiyajin)
    Ryoma
    Kazuya
    Yukimira

Rank S
    Irie
    Kintaroh
    Oni
    Atobe
    Sanada
    Tezuka
    Fuji

Rank A
    Shiraishi
    Chitose
    Renji
    Niou

Rank B
    Yagyyu
    Crausa
    Kirihara
    Inui
    Kaidoh

Doubles
    Rank SS
    Golden Pair

Rank S
    Data Pair
    Champion Pair
    Silver Pair

Rank A
    Niou-Yagyyu
    Inui-Kaidoh
    Renji-Kirihara
    Jimmies

Rank B
    Funny Pair
    Momo-Kaidoh
    Kenya-Gin
    Singles
    Rank SS:
    The only player who may have defeated PoP is Kazuya. Yips is unbeatable without PoP
    Rank S
    I won't be surprised if anyone of this groups defeats another. I only doubt about Irie, maybe he is a SS, just guessing
    Rank A
    Shiraishi stated that Kin was the best player of his team. So, he is a lower level. Kintaroh also stated that Final's Fuji would beat Shiraishi. The others have more or less the same level
    Rank B
    Good player, but IMAO they wouldn't stand a chance VS the others

Doubles
    Rank SS
    No comments
    Rank S
    We haven't seen Data Pair enough. Only some comments in a strage court, with many players per side. I want to see them in a real match. They have many chances of being Rank SS, but not yet
    Rank A
    Niou-Yagyyu defeat Golden Pair. If Niou uses Illusion in doubles too, Rank S at least, but we don't know. Jimmies are National level (big words), and were chosen in U-17. Renji-Kirihara don't rank higher because they don't play as an usual Doubles team, just a beast and his tamer
    Rank B
    National level pairs. I consider Jimmies better than them :Momo-Kaidoh and Funny Pair has the same level; Hitouji wasn't invited to U-17 but Jimmies did. Nevertheless, Cancer was selected too...
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Anyway, as far as I can see my current list is rather similiar to yours with the exception of character placements within tiers. As you said you could see them beating each other, I'll leave them untouched for now.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I dunno...high schoolers are a bit Idk sort of level, I mean Tokugawa and Oni beat Echizen and Tooyama...I'd rank Echizen, Tokugawa, Yukimura, Oni, Sanada, Tezuka, Atobe, Kintarou, Nakagauchi (Sotomichi), Fuji, followed closely by Yanagi, Shiraishi, Niou, Tachibana, Chitose, Krauser, Kaidoh, Kirihara, Ishida, Oshitari...

Double pair would be something like:
    Golden, Yanagi/Inui (if they were to ever form a pair) Champion, Silver, Niou/Yagyuu, Kaidoh/Inui, Momo/Kaidoh, Funny Pair, Jimmies, and then some randomers.

Sakurai>The other peep
    Kaidoh>Momo>Inui>Kikumaru>Kawamura>Oishi
    Oshitari>Akutagawa>Hiyoshi/Kabaji>meh don't care
    Well, Tezuka V Atobe is explained. Kintarou behind the Big 3 (Sana, Tezu, Ato) - simply because I don't think Kintarou can cripple their technique - FuuRinKaZanInRai - Phantom/Saiki/Hyakuren - KNS/Tannhauser/Rondo - well he can probably return some, but he won't win.

Nakaguchi shown to just hit shots to corner and good physique. No DBZ skills yet. Can't see Fuji beat the top 5, he has no hope of returning Zero Shiki Serve (and even drop if Tezuka pulls one out of nowhere), his 5 counters won't do much, Sanada will return 6th counter, Tezuka will somehow put Zone when returning 5th counter, and Atobe would just blindshot him.

After that it's a bit more difficult. I'd say 50/50 between Yanagi and Shiraishi, would be a tight 7-6 to either side. I can see Shiraishi returning all the shots, but Renji predicting them (somehow). They can probably break Niou somehow, after all, it's the Bible (God's vision lool) and Strategist. Plus Niou needs prep time - he ain't getting that against those two. Tachibana>Chitose - if Tachibana went nutz mode, he would've killed Chitose. Well...maybe Kirihara should go above Crauza, who would probably beat Gin - even this guy won't last that long. Kaidoh over Oshitari because I don't see Oshitari returning Snake/Laser in disguise.

----------------
    Yanagi Inui pair is a dream pair - granted theyre not as good as Golden, but they have the ability to beat Champion Pair - they can predict courses (this is Renji we're talking about) and they don't need much thought since their data is technically the same (only when they face each other it mucks up). Hard to see Hyoutei pair deal with Rikkai pair because I can't see Shishido/Ootori breaking myougi and jackals super defence - even with Scud Serve and Counter + Inducement. The rest I would say just by ability.

I argue Renji/Kirihara would kill even Champ pair. Kirihara will just go berserk mode on them, and Renji would just backup.
    Last edited by Bowser; June 08, 2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Well, Tezuka V Atobe is explained. Kintarou behind the Big 3 (Sana, Tezu, Ato) - simply because I don't think Kintarou can cripple their technique - FuuRinKaZanInRai - Phantom/Saiki/Hyakuren - KNS/Tannhauser/Rondo - well he can probably return some, but he won't win.
    I don't know, if I remember correctly, Kintarou went pretty much even with Oni in the beginning, so saying that Sanada/Atobe/Tezuka is better than him is also implying that they are better than court 3 (without Irie) as Oni seems to be as good as them. Kintarou didn't get much screen time yet, so I definately think it is possible that he can return those shots, seeing as he returned all of Ryoma's shots. Naturally I might be wrong.

Quote Quote:
    Nakaguchi shown to just hit shots to corner and good physique. No DBZ skills yet. Can't see Fuji beat the top 5, he has no hope of returning Zero Shiki Serve (and even drop if Tezuka pulls one out of nowhere), his 5 counters won't do much, Sanada will return 6th counter, Tezuka will somehow put Zone when returning 5th counter, and Atobe would just blindshot him.
    I think the Niou match was there to show that Fuji can go even with Tezuka, Zero Shiki Serve would definately be a problem though. Then again it's questionable on how long Tezuka would be able to hit them. Against Atobe, we still didn't agree on whether Closed Eyes can invalidate Koori no Sekai I think?
    As for Sanada, while I don't think he could return Hoshi Hanabi for sure, he can probably make sure Fuji doesn't hit it.

I agree on Nakagauchi.

Quote Quote:
    After that it's a bit more difficult. I'd say 50/50 between Yanagi and Shiraishi, would be a tight 7-6 to either side. I can see Shiraishi returning all the shots, but Renji predicting them (somehow). They can probably break Niou somehow, after all, it's the Bible (God's vision lool) and Strategist. Plus Niou needs prep time - he ain't getting that against those two. Tachibana>Chitose - if Tachibana went nutz mode, he would've killed Chitose. Well...maybe Kirihara should go above Crauza, who would probably beat Gin - even this guy won't last that long. Kaidoh over Oshitari because I don't see Oshitari returning Snake/Laser in disguise.
    I can see Renji above Shiraishi, when Bible equals perfect tennis, it should be predicatble (simply calculate what's the best possible shot I suppose), but they are fairly even.

You could be right about Tachibana>Chitose, for the reasons you stated, I will consider to swap them.
    As for Niou, I think he's below those two as his Illusion isn't perfect and requires a set-up, on the other hand Tezuka beat Chitose 6-1 and Niou can use Saiki as well. When I think about it now, Niou is most likely above them...anyone else with a statement on these 3 maybe?

I think Kirihara should definately be above Crauza, beating him and everything. Both of them should be above Gin as they were selected over him for the shuffle match I suppose.

Kaidoh goes pretty even with Oshitari I suppose, I don't really see enough evidence to swap them for the time being. Oshitari is Hyoutei's prodigy after all.

Quote Quote:
    Yanagi Inui pair is a dream pair - granted theyre not as good as Golden, but they have the ability to beat Champion Pair - they can predict courses (this is Renji we're talking about) and they don't need much thought since their data is technically the same (only when they face each other it mucks up). Hard to see Hyoutei pair deal with Rikkai pair because I can't see Shishido/Ootori breaking myougi and jackals super defence - even with Scud Serve and Counter + Inducement. The rest I would say just by ability.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    I argue Renji/Kirihara would kill even Champ pair. Kirihara will just go berserk mode on them, and Renji would just backup.
    I agree on Renji/Inui. As for Silver Pair and Champion Pair, I don't think Bunta or Jackal can return a Neo Scud Serve and I feel that SP has a better combination than CP. As for ability, both Marui and Ootori are on court 6 at the moment while Jackal and Shishido were with the losers. Both of the latter have a great running ability and I also think SP has better tactics. Overall they go pretty even in my opinion.

No idea where to rank Renji/Kirihara for the time being.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know when Fuji closes his eyes, he is God but even he shouldn't be able to react to blind spots just by "hearing" them.

Sanada has Rai. Well he has Rin in the first place to reduce spin for 5th counter I guess - seeing as it reduced Phantom's spin...

Bible is just a perfect form of tennis which doesnt waste as much stamina - fundamentals. So it isn't entirely Nakaguchi tennis (accurate tennis) but the form is clean and no unnecessary movement. Granted Renji could think of some sort of tactic...and I dunno about Niou being below them, he could pull of a "Chitose" then turn into "Fuji" and finally finish off with some randomer. Saying that, I don't think he will turn into one person every time - he's the kind of person who likes to turn into his opponents enemy - therefore I say he's above them, but it depends one how serious he is.

Ootori will only get to hit his serve once every 4 games. His overall tennis is pretty crap, only to be compensated by Shishido's rising counters. Their inducement formation ain't too bad, but considering Jackal can do Snake too...and the fact he can catch up to most shots. It's not like they can deal with the unpredictable volleys either. Renji/Inui are just Data Syncing. -Transfering data via mind-

Kirihara will just try and murder them.
    Last edited by Bowser; June 08, 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts on the Singles list in the first post.

Tokugawa and Oni should be both be ahead of Ryoma and Yukimura, imho. Tokugawa beat Ryoma, and we have no reason to believe that Yukimura can beat Oni right now. I think Shiraishi should be in High, although at the bottom of that list. Either that or at the top of Lower High. He should definitely be ahead of Fuji and Yanagi. Tachibana should be ahead of Chitose. I would put Momoshiro in Lower High as well, since he's supposed to be on par with Oshitari and Kaidoh, who are there.

For school rankings, I would change Seigaku after Fuji to go Kaidoh>Momoshiro>Inui>Kawamura>Kikumaru>(Arai>Horio)>Oishi

Akazawa should be #1 for St. Rudolph. Also, Shinji should be ahead of Kamio (since Kamio only won on a fluke).
    Last edited by KuwabaraTheMan; June 08, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast