Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Probably Akutsu spread gasoline all over the court to kill Oni if he couldn't beat him, we don't know...
    I'm crying from laughter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kintarou's move is unintentional. It just shows in general how an average rally of 10 ball level is.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it's going to be something like 10-ballers just agree not to do stuff like set things on fire or randomly crater the entire court because otherwise the game will be completely unplayable regardless of how powerful the two characters are, but Kintaro's ability to set the net on fire pretty much means it is impossible to beat him with KO type moves because he can just 'accidentally' set you on fire too, thus killing you, even if he's still susceptible to them for some unfathomable reason.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I'm crying from laughter.
    Why, because what he said is borderline canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I think Kintarou's move is unintentional. It just shows in general how an average rally of 10 ball level is.
    I don't think so. There was undeniable emphasis on that last shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron
    I'm sure it's going to be something like 10-ballers just agree not to do stuff like set things on fire or randomly crater the entire court because otherwise the game will be completely unplayable regardless of how powerful the two characters are, but Kintaro's ability to set the net on fire pretty much means it is impossible to beat him with KO type moves because he can just 'accidentally' set you on fire too, thus killing you, even if he's still susceptible to them for some unfathomable reason.
    There's got to be a way for you to say that with shorter sentences. I get tired every time I read your posts.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Shit i thought it was just me who feels Phantron rambles.

Like I said, we can't confirm if that shot that was an intentional fire shot.
    So there was no burning at all until the ball created great friction by passing the cord of the net.

In PoT, when a ball has a somebody's emotions in a shot whether it was a casual shot or all-out shot, then it punches physics in the jaw.

Kawamura broke a floodlight and he wasn't even aiming for it.
    Sanada tore Yukimura's headband and he wasn't even aiming for it.
    Tooyama has just set fire to a net and he wasn't even aiming for it.

I really don't think Konomi would give someone a permanent technique to be able to burn anything his shot touches.
    Sanada has Fire, but it's only for his shot. It doesn't burn anything.
    Inui was has Waterfall, you don't actually get wet.

I can't see this as a permanent move for Tooyama. Considering there was no fire til it scraped across the net.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Shit i thought it was just me who feels Phantron rambles.

Like I said, we can't confirm if that shot that was an intentional fire shot.
    So there was no burning at all until the ball created great friction by passing the cord of the net.

In PoT, when a ball has a somebody's emotions in a shot whether it was a casual shot or all-out shot, then it punches physics in the jaw.

Kawamura broke a floodlight and he wasn't even aiming for it.
    Sanada tore Yukimura's headband and he wasn't even aiming for it.
    Tooyama has just set fire to a net and he wasn't even aiming for it.

I really don't think Konomi would give someone a permanent technique to be able to burn anything his shot touches.
    Sanada has Fire, but it's only for his shot. It doesn't burn anything.
    Inui was has Waterfall, you don't actually get wet.

I can't see this as a permanent move for Tooyama. Considering there was no fire til it scraped across the net.
    Or we can go with the "Akutsu shenanigans theory" that Hardy brought before us and assume Akutsu just threw gasoline on everything like an a-hole.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Or we can go with the "Akutsu shenanigans theory" that Hardy brought before us and assume Akutsu just threw gasoline on everything like an a-hole.
    I wouldn't be surprised by this. Honestly.
    I would just casually read through this if it happened in the manga.
    When somebody casually shatters a wall with a serve, Shatters a floodlight with a serve,
    Hits a golf ball way out of the park into another town in one swing,
    Runs on water, Blinds and deafens somebody in a rally, teleports, jumps 50ft high, play's whilst blindfolded,
    Gains X-ray vision, becomes other people,

I realized the one who was wrong was me.
    I'm just gonna keep my mind open from now on.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised by this. Honestly.
    I would just casually read through this if it happened in the manga.
    When somebody casually shatters a wall with a serve, Shatters a floodlight with a serve,
    Hits a golf ball way out of the park into another town in one swing,
    Runs on water, Blinds and deafens somebody in a rally, teleports, jumps 50ft high, play's whilst blindfolded,
    Gains X-ray vision, becomes other people,

I realized the one who was wrong was me.
    I'm just gonna keep my mind open from now on.
    When you put all that in the same paragraph, it makes me wonder how I'm still reading this.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the levitation.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The worst moment in the series for me was Gin vs Taka... When I watched that OVA I laughed through all the match. The guy made Kawamura (aka Hulk) fly 40 meters WITH A TENNIS BALL and left him in the sits.

Could someone post nowadays´ doubles and singles Tier list?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

I could, but after Oni's match right now we can open it up for changes.
    So we can add in Mouri, Kimijima, Tohno, Duke, Fuwa, Mitsuya, Hakamada, and re-order the 10ball guys etc.
    And plus there are bound to be people in places that people don't agree with.
    It makes more sense to do it after we solve the mystery of the burning net.

---------- Post added December 20, 2012 at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was December 09, 2012 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Irrelevant if Kintarou can't touch the ball, and normal TnK shots need camera confirmation, so I don't see Kintarou returning them. So even if Tezuka can't hit the 10 balls, it's a draw at worst.
    Should we assume that End of Series TnK is the same as the start of this series TnK?
    I think TnK was ridiculously exaggerated because it was a nice way to close the series. I'm not sure if Tezuka's shots should need camera confirmation at this stage in the series.
    Unless Tezuka is the very last "antagonist" in the series.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Spoiler show

Honestly there are changes needed to this in various places.
    Our tier atm probably has various places that it is incorrect.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Nationals show

Spoiler: Current show

Q: Why isn't <insert character> on this list?
    A: Probably because that character didn't have a proper singles match.

Discuss.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from the ¨laugh¨ factor, why is Kadowaki on the list? (shouldn't Richard be there too?)

About the Nationals tier list... we've discussed this 100 times, I still think that Kirihara > Kaidoh (and probably Inui). Kaidoh would also lose against Ishida.

Gin > Krauser (I don't see him returning the last Hadous, at all); Yuushi > Momo (... he beat him...) and I always thought that Tanishi was better than Kai, he was S2 against Seigaku after all, and Big Bang >>>>>>> Viking Horn).

Nowadays list. How is Kintarou over Ryoma? I thought we all agreed that Ryoma was the 2nd best player here.

Akutsu better than Niou, Atobe, Fuji, Tachibana, Chitose, Kite... Just because he can hit 10 balls at the same time? that's all the improvement he has SINCE PREFECTURALS, and at that time he lost to a really weak Ryoma. We should wait and see how his match against Ryoga will go.

Again Kaidoh > Kirihara... why?

Nakagauchi Sotomichi better than Akaya? No way, he's just a better Kentarou. He had some problems with Krauser, the guy that was destroyed after Akaya started playing 100 %

Kawamura Takashi
    Ishida Gin

I've been corrected many times every time I asked ¨Why is Gin better than Taka, shouldn't they be equal?¨ and the reply was always: Gin should be over Taka, he can cancel Hadous.

WHY IS IT CHANGED NOW?

I think that's it... where's the last Doubles tier list?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from the ¨laugh¨ factor, why is Kadowaki on the list? (shouldn't Richard be there too?)
    Actually neither should be there, for some reason I thought Kadowaki got destroyed on-screen.

About the Nationals tier list... we've discussed this 100 times, I still think that Kirihara > Kaidoh (and probably Inui). Kaidoh would also lose against Ishida.
    If you think Kirihara > Inui, would you also say Kaidou > Yanagi? I'm thinking that Yanagi beats Kirihara and Inui beats Kaidou due to having their data, and they might lose against the other one. You could probably order those four in any way and it wouldn't be incorrect.

Why does Gin beat Kaidou?

Gin > Krauser (I don't see him returning the last Hadous, at all); Yuushi > Momo (... he beat him...) and I always thought that Tanishi was better than Kai, he was S2 against Seigaku after all, and Big Bang >>>>>>> Viking Horn).
    The last Hados also seem to take a lot of energy to be used, I doubt that Gin can keep those up over 6 games. On the other hand, Gin's serves weren't even on the same level as Lv 1 Hadokyuus, so Krauser should be able to hit those back without problems. Then Krauser has probably better speed and technique and Gin doesn't have the agility to dodge a HB nor the endurance to survive against them. Gin can win here if he takes a risk with high level Hadokyuus and Krauser doesn't get out of the way, but overall Krauser has the advantage imo.

Yuushi also got his hand numbed in like one point. Had Momoshiro played with full power from the beginning (or from the point Yuushi started sealing his heart), things are likely to have gone different. He also won't injure himself every time.

Kai was S2.

Nowadays list. How is Kintarou over Ryoma? I thought we all agreed that Ryoma was the 2nd best player here.
    They are pretty much equal for all intents and purposes. Both have 10 at once and whenever they played each other the match ended in a draw.

I'm pretty sure the doubles list in the OP is the up-to-date one. Will answer the rest later.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Akutsu better than Niou, Atobe, Fuji, Tachibana, Chitose, Kite... Just because he can hit 10 balls at the same time? that's all the improvement he has SINCE PREFECTURALS, and at that time he lost to a really weak Ryoma. We should wait and see how his match against Ryoga will go.
    And it's a really big improvement. Fuji, Tachibana, Chitose and Kite haven't shown anything near 10 at once, Atobe and Niou are arguable depending on how you view the feat. I'm not against removing Akutsu from the list for the time being though, depending on what others want.

Again Kaidoh > Kirihara... why?
    Why not?

Nakagauchi Sotomichi better than Akaya? No way, he's just a better Kentarou. He had some problems with Krauser, the guy that was destroyed after Akaya started playing 100 %
    He had no problems with Krauser, he was going easy on him during the second half. If he had just continued with targeting the corners, Krauser wouldn't have come close to winning.

Kawamura Takashi
    Ishida Gin

I've been corrected many times every time I asked ¨Why is Gin better than Taka, shouldn't they be equal?¨ and the reply was always: Gin should be over Taka, he can cancel Hadous.

WHY IS IT CHANGED NOW?
    Because I didn't think very deeply into that one when I made the list. Will switch them.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Again Kaoz, there are characters who haven't played Singles but could easily fit on the list based on the abilities we saw of them.
    I don't think the tier list should be so strict as to people who have only been in On Screen Singles matches.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Considering Inui defeated the guy that buried and pummeled Yanagi I think Yanagi above Inui is inappriopriate.
    Yanagi didn't just lose. He got destroyed, wiped, left on the ground and he lost consciousness. He was left unconscious.
    He got his ass handed to him. Inui beat that guy.
    I don't know who is stronger, but I really don't think it's Yanagi after that.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Kaidoh > Kirihara because at the end of PoT, Konomi had Kirihara even in Devil Mode completely mindraped by the concept of All the snakes and Gyro Laser being hit from one stance.
    Yagyuu is equal to Kaidoh because of this Kaoz. He should be on the tier. We don't even need to see him in Singles to know this imo.
    Curving Laser + Laserbeam from one stance. It's harder to return what Yagyuu hits because Curving Laser and Laserbeam are far apart from one another whereas Gyro laser and Tornado Snake are aimed in the same place.

New Reply
Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast