Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

  1. #1
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,564
    Post Thanks / Like

    Singles Tier List

    Singles Tier List

    Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show


    Spoiler: U-17 Singles show


    Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show


    Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

    Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

  2. #1471
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    I don't really remember where we stopped, but apparently the list in the OP is what we had previously agreed on? I'd like to see the following changes:
    -Byoudouin up to SSS.
    -Oni up to SSS if we assume TnK for him (which we apparently did for Kintarou because he wouldn't be in S without it).
    -Tokugawa new to SS.
    -Shiraishi and Tachibana up to B.

    The HSers should be obvious, for Shraishi and Tachibana the reason is mostly that they have a 4 in stamina and as a result have the capacity to play 3 set matches on a good level. They also both have a guaranteed stat boost through removing the gauntlet and Moujuu respectively which widens the gap between them and the other MSers.

    In general, regarding the number of sets played we assume for this list I think we should go with 3 set matches for the upper tiers and 1 set matches for the middle and lower tiers. There's no point in discussing those lower characters on a 3 set basis because they probably aren't able to play anything near full strength for the majority of the match. And at the same time having that much stamina should be mandatory for being in the higher tiers in my opinion.
    Last edited by Kaoz; February 15, 2014 at 08:43 AM.

  3. #1472
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    So... this needs an update.

    SSS Tier
    Byoudouin
    Ryoga
    Oni
    Ryoma (well, he's apparently prepared to face Byoudouin...)
    Tokugawa

    SS Tier (Tanegashima Zone)
    Tanegashima

    S Tier
    Duke
    Tezuka
    Tooyama

    And I think we have enough data to add some more High Schoolers, right?

    ---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

    Also, I don't agree with your stamina theory, Kaoz. I don't think that Tachibana nor Shiraishi would have an edge on the other players of the C tier just because of 1 point in that stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  4. #1473
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    1 point in stamina seems fairly significant though. Like for the G10 the difference between a 4 and a 5 represents whether they'll run into stamina issues during a third set or not. Why shouldn't the difference between 3 and 4 be significant as well then?

    Can you clarify for who you're assuming TnK in that list? All of them?

  5. #1474
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    1 point in stamina seems fairly significant though. Like for the G10 the difference between a 4 and a 5 represents whether they'll run into stamina issues during a third set or not. Why shouldn't the difference between 3 and 4 be significant as well then?
    Looking at it this way, I agree with your point.
    I could only argue that its because neither players could really last 3 sets comfortably in Singles anyway maybe? And that both players would be in trouble in 3 set matches?
    Also, matches between players of the C Tier... Would they be 3 set matches?
    I think a 3 set match would only happen when a player is Mouri level or above for instance. It's really just a G10 level thing it seems.

  6. #1475
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I could only argue that its because neither players could really last 3 sets comfortably in Singles anyway maybe? And that both players would be in trouble in 3 set matches?
    In that case I would argue that the guy with 3 stamina would run out of energy first, which would then give a huge advantage to the guy with 4 stamina, since you don't have to play at your limit anymore once the other guy is out of gas. Like, you'd also argue that a guy with 3 stamina has an advantage over a guy with 2 stamina, or the earlier example of 5 stamina vs 4 stamina, so I don't think the difference between 4 and 3 is negligible either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Also, matches between players of the C Tier... Would they be 3 set matches?
    I think a 3 set match would only happen when a player is Mouri level or above for instance. It's really just a G10 level thing it seems.
    We can discuss the exact cut-off for when to consider 1 set matches and 3 set matches (like we'd probably just decide that e.g. B Tier and above plays 3 sets and if you can't last that long you don't belong there or something like that), but I mainly wanted to suggest the concept.

  7. #1476
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    In that case I would argue that the guy with 3 stamina would run out of energy first,
    In a one-set match?
    If so, players with a 3 in Stamina rarely got caught in stamina-trapped situations when they're against players within their tier capability imo.
    Like, its really unlikely Chitose is gonna be stamina-caught when against Shiraishi. The same thing for Fuji VS Tachibana.
    In a one-set match, its much more advantageous for the guy with a 3 in Stamina than the guy with 4 since the Stamina is unlikely to be tested within that sort of tier level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    which would then give a huge advantage to the guy with 4 stamina, since you don't have to play at your limit anymore once the other guy is out of gas. Like, you'd also argue that a guy with 3 stamina has an advantage over a guy with 2 stamina, or the earlier example of 5 stamina vs 4 stamina, so I don't think the difference between 4 and 3 is negligible either.
    Looking at Fuji VS Shiraishi or Chitose VS Tachibana or Fuji VS Niou, it doesn't seem to appear that Stamina ever comes up as a decisive factor...
    Or even that much of a contributive factor lol. I think the difference in stamina by 1 point has now only become an issue in PoT when 3 set matches are concerned.
    Like, Kaidoh's stamina at 4.5 is barely even a big deal in Singles now at his Tier level imho.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    We can discuss the exact cut-off for when to consider 1 set matches and 3 set matches (like we'd probably just decide that e.g. B Tier and above plays 3 sets and if you can't last that long you don't belong there or something like that), but I mainly wanted to suggest the concept.
    Well, Niou got the No.10 badge but that punk can't do a 3-set match against a player his tier or above to save his life.
    I think Fuji will be able to scrape through one however, since he has no moves that really seem physically demanding unlike Chitose's Muga or Niou's "Tezuka-esque stuff".

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #1477
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    1 point in stamina seems fairly significant though. Like for the G10 the difference between a 4 and a 5 represents whether they'll run into stamina issues during a third set or not. Why shouldn't the difference between 3 and 4 be significant as well then?

    Can you clarify for who you're assuming TnK in that list? All of them?
    We know that Chitose > Tachibana in a 1 set match, right? In the match they played back in the Nationals, it went to a tie-break and stamina didn't do a thing in that match. In order to be close, Tachibana has to ¨burn¨ that stamina difference he has, otw he just gets rekt or something.

    And yes, I believe Irie has a poor stamina, but he simply outplays everyone and is capable of balancing his own stamina issues thanks to his high mental.

    I'll never be ok with the idea of players using TnK at will... except maybe Tezuka, so I dunno. But Kintarou was already that high in the list and Ryoma apparently improved enough to challenge the no.1 .
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  10. #1478
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    I was talking about the difference between 3 and 4 stamina in a 3 set match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I'll never be ok with the idea of players using TnK at will... except maybe Tezuka, so I dunno. But Kintarou was already that high in the list and Ryoma apparently improved enough to challenge the no.1 .
    I don't think Ryoma should be in the same tier as Byoudouin just yet. So far, the only inter dimension move he can use is GS, which works against neither of the other characters in that tier. He's probably still closer to Tanegashima than the other four in my opinion (although that'll probably change in a month or two). Tezuka should also be at least Tanegashima tier, since TnK's boost is unmeasurable like the inter dimensional techniques?

  11. #1479
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    3 and 4 will make a huge difference in a 3 set match for sure. However, in 1 set match, it wouldn't do much. It does shows what characters have more chance when they are playing higher level tennis, though.

    I can see Tezuka in the same tier as Tanegashima. I also think Kintarou should be there. I think 10 balls is impressive enough to beat National Tezuka. And PoP Tezuka is just that with PoP. And Kintarou doesn't have move that would hurt him over 3 set match.

    I do agree that Echizen shouldn't be view on the same level as Byoudonin yet. Look at Sanada. He's challenge Tanegashima but is totally pathetic and got make into complete joke as of this time (I call 6-0 a complete joke, yes).
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  12. #1480
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    I don't think Kintarou should be a tier above Watanabe. If anything I'd probably put Watanabe in the Tanegashima tier before Kintarou, and actually I'm not entirely sure why Kintarou is a tier above Atobe/Yukimura/Sanada to begin with?

    After further consideration, I'd also probably put Tezuka in the highest tier, because TnK!Kintarou was at least even with Oni, and I'd expect TnK!Tezuka to be at least as strong as TnK!Kintarou.

  13. #1481
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    Because after Sanada getting his butt hand to him 6-0 by Tanegashima it shows that he's really no where near that level at all. Kintarou can go 1-1 game with PoP Oni, which I consider extremely high tier.

    I do not even know why Tezuka would be put into higher tier than Kintarou. I'll probably put them around the same tier.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  14. #1482
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    I was under the impression that we were talking about Kintarou without TnK. With it, he should probably be in the same tier as Oni.

  15. #1483
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I do not even know why Tezuka would be put into higher tier than Kintarou. I'll probably put them around the same tier.
    It's hard to determine the strongest among TnK users. However, I still think TnK Tezuka is better than TnK Kin-Chan. Tezuka has Tzone, TPhanton, Hyakuren, Saiki, ZSS apart from TnK. Kin-Chan only has 10ball strike & daisharin.
    If Tezuka's arm is alright, Tezuka wouldn't have much problem beating Kin-Chan, I think.

  16. #1484
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Philia View Post
    It's hard to determine the strongest among TnK users. However, I still think TnK Tezuka is better than TnK Kin-Chan. Tezuka has Tzone, TPhanton, Hyakuren, Saiki, ZSS apart from TnK. Kin-Chan only has 10ball strike & daisharin.
    If Tezuka's arm is alright, Tezuka wouldn't have much problem beating Kin-Chan, I think.
    But his arm is not alright. All those tech put his arm in trouble. He cannot abuse them. If he abuse them, he'll lost 3 set match for sure. In which case he "might" win 1st set 6-0 and after that it's 6-X 6-0 for Kintarou. X=amount of game Tezuka arm last in the second set.

    And all those techs are not good enough to guarantee a win against National Sanada in a 1 set match. And we know National Sanada is nothing compare to #6. He got whoop hard. Yes, I'm aware that Sanada doesn't use Rai, but the # of time he use it wouldn't be enough to win 3 set match even if he manage to score with them all (which aren't even confirm that he can score with Rai on #6). Kintarou with 10 ball can at least fight with Oni before he use Kishin aura, which is #5.

    # of tech you have =/= how strong you are. 10 ball strike is just an extremely high tier tech. Mouri have next to no tech and he can probably defeat a lot of the old high tier from PoT without much trouble, considering the like of Renji can't even beat #17.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 11, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  17. #1485
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Singles Tier List

    I'm not sure if Tezuka is gonna use ZSS and Phantom again. Also Hyakuren and Saiki are both Muga doors - even though Tezuka did something unprecedented before by combining them both, I don't really see him using them in combination with TnK. That leaves Zone and ZSD, both of which are still good moves, but Tezuka also has higher base stats than Kintarou, so I'd think he'll have an edge when both are using TnK as well.

    That said, it'd still be extremely close and either side could win. For Tezuka to pull ahead he'd need another match and an actually useable technique that's on par with what we've seen recently.

    Also, since I want to avoid derailing future discussions by trying to figure whether or not Ryoma, Kintarou and Oni can use TnK (hasn't happened here, but has definitely been a thing in the past), I'd like to just place both versions of them on the list, unless we agree that they'd end up in the same tier anyway. If you don't want to discuss one of the versions, that's fine, but please pay attention to which one the discussion is about.

    In this sense, I'd place all the TnK users in the highest tier, normal Ryoma on Tanegashima level and normal Kintarou on Sanada/Yukimura/Atobe level. Thoughts on either of those placements? Also, does anyone think non-TnK!Oni is not top tier?

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts