Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110
Results 1,636 to 1,641 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Singles Tier List

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But until then, while I accept and acknowledge that it said in PP's that Jirou/Kai > Yushi/Hirakoba, the manga + Fanbook strongly suggests otherwise and for this reason I'm undecided on the matter.

Simply due to how the PP's and quotes from the characters themselves in the manga are now contradicting themselves which isn't the first time in this series.
    I seriously value the PP's over the manga (unless it's something obvious). The manga can be misleading and open to different interpretations, whereas the PP's are the author's exact thoughts. So if the manga ¨suggests¨ one thing but the PP's STATE another, I go with the PP's.

I think 7-6 is one heck of a stretch. You don't idolize another kid your own freaking age if you and that person of an equal level. Since 7-6 strongly suggests the two players are equal.
    You don't see Fuji idolizing Shiraishi and begging him to teach him on a personal level now do you?

It's pretty clear it was a significant defeat on Jirou's part.
    Except that idolizing is part of Jirou's character. There's no other player that does something like that, except maybe Hirakoba fanboying about Tachibana's hair (even if they never played against each other). All we know is that Marui's volleys impressed him when they played (and that he lost) and since then he's his fanboy. He could had lost 6-0 or 7-6.

Fuji got rekt by Tezuka but I don't see him idolizing the latter.

That has nothing to do with whether or not Marui can hit it back. Regionals!Jackal hit it back, Marui has a 5 in Tech, so I think its very safe to assume that he can hit back a rather average shot like BoomerangSnake. BoomerangSnake can't even win matches at the level of the Regionals!Final so it's not going to suddenly become a great move at this late stage against someone with better Tech than Kaidoh.
    Which is why Kaidoh was forced to go on to learn TornadoSnake and GyroLaser. These two moves are his key to winning at this level.

I completely forgot Marui's moves are all volleys lol thanks.
    With Kaidoh's stats, Can we really assume that Kaidoh can outrally Marui? That would be absurd.
    Can we assume BoomerangSnake can "destroy" somebody with a 5 in Tech? That'd also be absurd.
    If Kaidoh didn't have GyroLaser, then Marui is essentially better player than Kaidoh looking at their stats and move sets.
    But Kaidoh does have Gyro Laser but Marui has WC to reply, so for you to say Kaidoh can "destroy" everybody in that tier is still something you have yet to prove.

Marui has a 5 in Tech. Marui isn't suddenly unable to hit good shots that aren't volleys you know. He can rally normally and create the opportunity to volley well.
    In the match against Kaidoh/Momoshiro, he was shown to be the best at simply rallying of all 4 players on the court.
    Marui was hitting shots from the baseline and back to the net.
    In fact, the winning shot was him sprinting to the baseline, hitting a shot that Momoshiro/Kaidoh combined could only manage to hit into the net, and even then, Marui was already waiting at the net in time to volley the shot back.

But Kaidoh doesn't have a 7 in Tech like Tohno does. Instead he has a not-so-good 3 in Tech so there isn't even any guarantee he'd be able to take control of the rally against WC.

Kaidoh isn't as good at this level outside of GyroLaser and I don't know why people have forgotten that or rather can't just look at the stats and see that. If his stats were lifted, then the threat of Reverse/Short/Tornado Snake would be huge.
    So for Kaidoh VS Marui we're looking 6-4 in Kaidoh's favour at best.

So yeah, if you could find better reasoning to prove why Kaidoh could "destroy" everyone in that tier... That'd be great.
    You're not getting what I'm saying apprently.

Im saying that Kaidoh could rally with his combo (which was good enough to fool Kirihara and Yanagi at the same time, I don't see Marui returning it tbh), and if Marui uses WC (a move that is only defensive and I'm pretty sure we've never seen Marui score from it) he can use Boomerang Snake. Nowhere I'm saying that Boomerang Snake is impossible for Marui to return if he isn't volleying, which is why I make so much emphasis on the volleys.

If Marui sprints back and forth to reply boomerang snakes, against Kaido's stamina, then he's done. I seriously can't see Marui winning a single match in 100 matches, which is why I said Kaidou destroys him, and I don't see him winning more than 3 games either.

Nationals!Yagyuu > Nationals!Niou, however Nationals!Niou still suffered from the problem of needing to wait 4games before activating his Illusion or at least waiting a while, hence why he couldn't use it against Yagyuu.
    By the Revolution, Niou could use his Illusion right off the bat and the PP that uses the term "Top 3" came after this match.
    Was this stated somewhere? That he needed 4 entire games to use his Illusions? He ¨was¨ Yagyuu since the first game against the GP and he turned into Tezuka after 3 games against Fuji. He played against Yagyuu for 14 points, it should be enough for him to turn into Tezuka if he somehow needed any preparation (although, again, I'm missing where this is stated).

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^When Sanada yelled at Niou during the Fuji match and told him to stop fooling around, Niou replied that he had to gather data first, that's what we/some of us assume to be necessary preparation time. Or rather, it was back then and doesn't seem to be any more.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    ^When Sanada yelled at Niou during the Fuji match and told him to stop fooling around, Niou replied that he had to gather data first, that's what we/some of us assume to be necessary preparation time. Or rather, it was back then and doesn't seem to be any more.
    On the other hand, it could be preparation so that he could return everything Fuji had (he prolly wanted to experience 5th counter himself) and make his Illusion of Tezuka more believable. Against Yagyuu he wouldn't need any preparation like that.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    On the other hand, it could be preparation so that he could return everything Fuji had (he prolly wanted to experience 5th counter himself) and make his Illusion of Tezuka more believable. Against Yagyuu he wouldn't need any preparation like that.
    I doubt that since it's implied that Fuji still won a game with Hecatoncheires even after Niou had turned into Tezuka.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/prince...s/c362/10.html

"Finally" would imply here that it still worked for some point I'd say.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I doubt that since it's implied that Fuji still won a game with Hecatoncheires even after Niou had turned into Tezuka.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/prince...s/c362/10.html

"Finally" would imply here that it still worked for some point I'd say.
    Well, 5 pages before that Fuji loses a game (and Niou ties it 4-4) and after that it's said ¨At last, Fuji caught up¨, so I dunno how much details in the words can be trusted, lol.

It could be that Fuji simply outrallied Niou like it's shown in the chapter before, and that he didn't hit his 5th counter until Niou returned it.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously value the PP's over the manga (unless it's something obvious). The manga can be misleading and open to different interpretations, whereas the PP's are the author's exact thoughts. So if the manga ¨suggests¨ one thing but the PP's STATE another, I go with the PP's.
    You're saying the manga doesn't give the author's exact thoughts? Okay man.
    I still value the manga just as much as the PP's personally otherwise there would be little point to the manga.

Except that idolizing is part of Jirou's character. There's no other player that does something like that, except maybe Hirakoba fanboying about Tachibana's hair (even if they never played against each other). All we know is that Marui's volleys impressed him when they played (and that he lost) and since then he's his fanboy. He could had lost 6-0 or 7-6.
    He got his ass-kicked by Fuji but he isn't idolizing Fuji. I suppose fanboying Marui is part of Jirou's character but in this series they would have underlined if the match was a close match. Like how Sanada underlined that Hiyoshi gave Kirihara a good match back in their freshman year.
    Had it been 7-6 and such a close encounter, us readers would have been made aware without a doubt.
    Its extremely unlikely Marui and Jirou are the same level if they essentially play the same and rely on their special shots and Marui's special shots shit all over Jirou's. The evidence is literally in front of us.

You're not getting what I'm saying apprently.

Im saying that Kaidoh could rally with his combo (which was good enough to fool Kirihara and Yanagi at the same time, I don't see Marui returning it tbh), and if Marui uses WC (a move that is only defensive and I'm pretty sure we've never seen Marui score from it) he can use Boomerang Snake. Nowhere I'm saying that Boomerang Snake is impossible for Marui to return if he isn't volleying, which is why I make so much emphasis on the volleys.
    In all fairness WC was up against two G10 players. So it's hard for us to say how easy it is to spam your special moves against WC.
    Kaidoh will win this match with his GyroCombo but you still aren't explaining why Marui would be "destroyed".

If Marui sprints back and forth to reply boomerang snakes, against Kaido's stamina, then he's done. I seriously can't see Marui winning a single match in 100 matches, which is why I said Kaidou destroys him, and I don't see him winning more than 3 games either.
    The stats show Marui is superior at rallying compared to Kaidoh, in their doubles match Marui looked the superior player on the court in fact.
    There's no way in hell Kaidoh could have Marui running around the court to get him tired so easily.
    Marui isn't Mukahi dude. So your point here doesn't really work unless Kaidoh's tech and Mental stat suddenly boosted.

Why are we assuming that on Marui's serve, he can't just reply to Kaidoh's return with a TightropeWalking? Since Boomerang Snake will just eventually become void since it's far from unreturnable. Let's not forget that Marui was comfortably running up and down the court in their doubles match with Power Wrists on.
    Kaidoh couldn't "destroy" anybody in that tier. He'd win sure.

Was this stated somewhere? That he needed 4 entire games to use his Illusions? He ¨was¨ Yagyuu since the first game against the GP and he turned into Tezuka after 3 games against Fuji. He played against Yagyuu for 14 points, it should be enough for him to turn into Tezuka if he somehow needed any preparation (although, again, I'm missing where this is stated).
    It was practically stated in the manga. For Niou to tell Sanada to shut up as he needs "Data". Is basically Niou saying himself that he still wasn't ready to bring out his move yet.
    It doesn't get more concrete than that. This is the character himself saying he needs more time before he brings out his special move.

New Reply
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110