Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Current Doubles Tier:

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Ken, Fuwa or Hakamada could be better at singles than Ochi or Mouri, it's just that they aren't better than G10 singles players and they're not doubles players. Everyone in the G10 should be better than Akiba or Akuto though.
    Another good point. Konomi has been extremely unclear with how it works. So its possible even Hakamada could kick Muuri's ass.
    However, In this doubles match, if Muuri displays the ability that a move such as Vanish isnt a big deal then I think it would be fair to accept Muuri above him.
    Example, Muuri overcoming an extremely fast shot during the game, or an illusionary shot, implies that he would probably do well against Hakamada.
    At the same time, Hakamada seemed to rely heavily on his Vanish that he seems to be able to use in almost any position.
    I mean, we cant tier Hakamada yet until he plays another match, so I guess tiering Muuri will all depend on how he handles Atobe's and Niou!Tezuka's shots.
    Since this will be a full match in the usual format, I actually think we will be able to tier Muuri who will be the 3rd out 20 of the set of HS 1st Stringers we could tier.

And Ochi, if he counters World of Ice or Tezuka Zone, Drop Shot/Serve, SKnK and other awesome techniques I reckon he could be tiered upon that.
    Since its different to the poor style of viewing format we saw with the old No.s 11-20.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I completely believe that Shiraishi/Akaya goes in the top tier. They have to be better than Renji/Akaya, as Akaya can't use Angel Mode with Renji and Shiraishi > Renji.

Here's how I see the top tier of doubles, even though we can't really say that much and at times, it's hard to rate them.

Tezuka/Inui
    Sanada/Yanagi
    Oishi/Niou
    Mutsu/Mutsu
    Washio/Suzuki
    Tachibana/Chitose
    Oishi/Kikumaru
    Yanagi/Inui
    Shiraishi/Kirihara
    Chitose/Zaizen (one man doubles)
    Miyako/Matsudaira
    Niou/Yagyuu

In the end, it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; January 09, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I completely believe that Shiraishi/Akaya goes in the top tier. They have to be better than Renji/Akaya, as Akaya can't use Angel Mode with Renji and Shiraishi > Renji.

Here's how I see the top tier of doubles, even though we can't really say that much and at times, it's hard to rate them.

Tezuka/Inui
    Sanada/Yanagi
    Oishi/Niou
    Mutsu/Mutsu
    Washio/Suzuki
    Tachibana/Chitose
    Oishi/Kikumaru
    Yanagi/Inui
    Shiraishi/Kirihara
    Chitose/Zaizen (one man doubles)
    Miyako/Matsudaira
    Niou/Yagyuu

In the end, it doesn't really matter.
    Hmm.... I mean, honestly, I dont see Niou/Yagyuu being below Matsudaira/Miyako.
    Yagyuu needs some screentime again. He has yet to be shown in a Singles Match.
    But I feel that with Niou almost establishing himself as practically the best Doubles Player in the series, and Yagyuu completely understanding his tricks and all.

---------- Post added February 07, 2012 at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was January 09, 2012 at 04:26 PM ----------

Since weve gotten quite a lot from these few chapters, we can probably tier Mouri and Ochi by the end of this.

I think it would be fair now to tier Mouri above Yanagi seeing as how easily he returned ZSS and the fact he is easily keeping up against the likes of Atobe and Niou.
    In addition to wiping Kenya. If he reveals a strong technique of his then my mind will be made lol.
    I honestly see Mouri defeating Yanagi. Also, Yanagi aint got much data on him.

New tier:

Spoiler show

Ive simply added in Mouri above Yanagi and Im thinking we should lift Niou. Any problems just shoot.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem: Fuwa > Mouri.

We don't know much about either, but at least Mouri will show us something and his stats should at least be as good as Fuwa's if we're going by rank.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Problem: Fuwa > Mouri.
    How?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Read the rest of the post maybe?

Mouri is part of the G10, so I doubt his stats are worse than Fuwa's. The only thing we guess about Fuwa is that his stats are good since he hasn't shown anything else. Following that, Fuwa > Mouri seems odd to me to say the least.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Read the rest of the post maybe?

Mouri is part of the G10, so I doubt his stats are worse than Fuwa's. The only thing we guess about Fuwa is that his stats are good since he hasn't shown anything else. Following that, Fuwa > Mouri seems odd to me to say the least.
    Oh, I thought you were saying that Fuwa IS better than Mouri; didn't see the updated list.

In any case, Mouri is better than Fuwa. Fuwa's fodder.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Oh, I thought you were saying that Fuwa IS better than Mouri; didn't see the updated list.

In any case, Mouri is better than Fuwa. Fuwa's fodder.
    Fair enough. I'll lift Mouri, but then again, since Fuwa can play blind-folded it eliminates Illusionary shots so he cant suck.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but Fuwa just isn't that good though. People thought that he must have potential because he was No. 11, but the case doesn't seem to be that way.

Mouri doesn't have to be the greatest singles player around; it's more that Fuwa needs to drop a fair amount.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but Fuwa just isn't that good though. People thought that he must have potential because he was No. 11, but the case doesn't seem to be that way.

Mouri doesn't have to be the greatest singles player around; it's more that Fuwa needs to drop a fair amount.
    Really? Hmm... Can we assume that Fuwa is a better Singles player than Date, Ban and Hakamada?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Well then:

How about:

Spoiler show

Do we think Mouri is above Yamato? Or above Tachibana or Chitose? Since I do. Just the way he is calm and tackled ZSS instantly while Chitose was left mesmerized.
    And how he is playing real good against Tezuka Zone and AK.

Ive place Fuwa just above Yagyuu since his ralloying skills must be great and Illusionary shots shouldnt work on him. Also, I think although Fuwa is fodder, he would be able to handle BJK to some extent. Im imagining he can handle Summer of Danji from Date since he is No.11 while Date is No.12.

What do you think?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Really? Hmm... Can we assume that Fuwa is a better Singles player than Date, Ban and Hakamada?
    Maybe, maybe not. The meanings of the rankings isn't really clear. Fuwa should be a better singles player than Hakamada, but whether or not he's better than Danji or Ban at singles is unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Well then:

How about:

Spoiler show

Do we think Mouri is above Yamato? Or above Tachibana or Chitose? Since I do. Just the way he is calm and tackled ZSS instantly while Chitose was left mesmerized.
    And how he is playing real good against Tezuka Zone and AK.

Ive place Fuwa just above Yagyuu since his ralloying skills must be great and Illusionary shots shouldnt work on him. Also, I think although Fuwa is fodder, he would be able to handle BJK to some extent. Im imagining he can handle Summer of Danji from Date since he is No.11 while Date is No.12.

What do you think?
    I'll accept Mouri above Yamato, Chitose, and Tachibana. I honestly think that it's better to leave Fuwa untiered as we just don't know what he's capable of, we didn't see what he's capable of, and we'll never know what he's capable of.

Fuwa shouldn't be able to touch BJK at all. Maybe he can return Danji no Natsu, maybe not. Danji's a doubles player, so it's not as clear cut. Ochi/Mouri could be worse at singles than, for example, Hakamada, but as long as they're good enough at what they do (doubles) and Hakamada isn't better than a G10 singles player, it doesn't matter. Ochi/Mouri are the second best doubles team in the camp, which is why they're part of the G10.

Tohno seems to think that Hakamada's a joke, so take that as you will. It would imply that Ochi/Mouri are probably better at singles than Hakamada, but we can't know for sure until we see more of Ochi/Mouri playing.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; February 08, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, maybe not. The meanings of the rankings isn't really clear. Fuwa should be a better singles player than Hakamada, but whether or not he's better than Danji or Ban at singles is unclear.
    I agree.

I'll accept Mouri above Yamato, Chitose, and Tachibana. I honestly think that it's better to leave Fuwa untiered as we just don't know what he's capable of, we didn't see what he's capable of, and we'll never know what he's capable of.

Fuwa shouldn't be able to touch BJK at all. Maybe he can return Danji no Natsu, maybe not. Danji's a doubles player, so it's not as clear cut. Ochi/Mouri could be worse at singles than, for example, Hakamada, but as long as they're good enough at what they do (doubles) and Hakamada isn't better than a G10 singles player, it doesn't matter. Ochi/Mouri are the second best doubles team in the camp, which is why they're part of the G10.

Tohno seems to think that Hakamada's a joke, so take that as you will. It would imply that Ochi/Mouri are probably better at singles than Hakamada, but we can't know for sure until we see more of Ochi/Mouri playing.
    To be honest, Im still certain that Ochi and Mouri can hold their own really well as Singles Players. Considering Hakamada simply had a serve. If Mouri can return ZSS after seeing it just once, then I see him returning Vanish. Therefore Mouri > Hakamada automatically lol since Hakamada only appeared to have Vanish which was a great shot.

Mouri above Fuwa, Date and Ban in Singles I would say is debatable.

2nd best Doubles team in the camp? Who is better then them as of yet?
    Yeah, Tohno kinda confirmed there is a big difference between No.14 and No.8.

Also, they havent appeared to be users of Synchro. So I imagine they are up there for their amazing indivual abilities since Oishi/Kikumaru, Oishi/Niou, Mutsu/Mutsu and Washio/Suzuki were only a level above the rest due to Synchro but if these two are Top 10 w/out Synchro it really tells you about their strong abilities.

The tier:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Airgrimes; February 25, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as Mouri can return ZSS, he's clearly better than Hakamada, but that's not saying that much. Hakamada wasn't that good to begin with. :P

Kimijima/Tohno are better than Ochi/Mouri. :P I was just including Kimijima/Tohno when talking about doubles teams in the camp as a whole, even though we hadn't seen them. It could somehow turn out that Kimijima/Tohno aren't a doubles pair, but given what we saw, that would be really quite unlikely.

Ochi/Mouri are definitely skilled players, but they're probably not great in singles. I mean, Ochi has a great serve, but if you can return it, he's probably not that great. In singles, Ochi's not going to have someone else to deal with the return, so he has to be able to play solid baseline tennis if he's going to succeed as a singles player.

Now, Tohno appeared to be fairly good as a singles player, so even though he's almost certainly a doubles player, he'll work as a singles player. I once theorized (way before we had the G10 name) that all of the G10 are singles players, and that the doubles teams are just the most capable/compatible pairs, with things switching around depending upon the opponent.

Oh, and for the moment, I'd prefer to see Echizen above Sanada, as Echizen has 10 at once and Sanada currently only has 5 at once. Taking into account the speech of the Mountain Camp, as Sanada doesn't have the same level of X at once feat as Echizen, he can't stand on the same ground as Echizen, even with BA.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

And you should lift Echizen above Yukimura, Sanada, and Oni, since he's the only one who can hit 10.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And you should lift Echizen above Yukimura, Sanada, and Oni, since he's the only one who can hit 10.
    Oni can hit 10 at once, and has more experience, so for the moment, Oni > Echizen.

We don't know if base Echizen can beat Yuki, so that part doesn't matter. We know TnK Echizen > Yuki.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast