Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

  1. #1
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Singles Tier List

    Singles Tier List

    Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show


    Spoiler: U-17 Singles show


    Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show


    Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

    Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

  2. #166
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Green Grin Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Seeing as Mouri can return ZSS, he's clearly better than Hakamada, but that's not saying that much. Hakamada wasn't that good to begin with. :P

    Kimijima/Tohno are better than Ochi/Mouri. :P I was just including Kimijima/Tohno when talking about doubles teams in the camp as a whole, even though we hadn't seen them. It could somehow turn out that Kimijima/Tohno aren't a doubles pair, but given what we saw, that would be really quite unlikely.

    Ochi/Mouri are definitely skilled players, but they're probably not great in singles. I mean, Ochi has a great serve, but if you can return it, he's probably not that great. In singles, Ochi's not going to have someone else to deal with the return, so he has to be able to play solid baseline tennis if he's going to succeed as a singles player.

    Now, Tohno appeared to be fairly good as a singles player, so even though he's almost certainly a doubles player, he'll work as a singles player. I once theorized (way before we had the G10 name) that all of the G10 are singles players, and that the doubles teams are just the most capable/compatible pairs, with things switching around depending upon the opponent.

    Oh, and for the moment, I'd prefer to see Echizen above Sanada, as Echizen has 10 at once and Sanada currently only has 5 at once. Taking into account the speech of the Mountain Camp, as Sanada doesn't have the same level of X at once feat as Echizen, he can't stand on the same ground as Echizen, even with BA.
    Agreed.
    Although I still think its too soon to say Ochi might not be great at Singles. I think he is pretty good. There must be a reason why he is No.9 and Muuri is No.10.
    Like how Niou was No.15 while Oishi was No.16, I think it was due to the higher Singles player getting the higher badge between the pair.

    ---------- Post added February 12, 2012 at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was February 09, 2012 at 03:51 PM ----------

    As it stands.

    Spoiler show


    Theories atm,

    Ochi is actually above Mouri simply coz he is No.9 and Mouri is No.10.
    I still believe that Date was No.12 and Ban was No.13 because Date was better.
    Taira was No.18 and Hara was No.19 coz Taira was slightly better.
    Same reason why Niou got the No.15 instead of Oishi.

    Like I said before, since Ochi/Mouri arent Synchro users, what makes them higher level Doubles players than Mutsu/Mutsu is their individual abilities.

    Which is why a Yukimura/Sanada pair would blitz any Synchro pair of Niou/Oishi, Oishi/Kikumaru, Mutsu/Mutsu, Mutsu/Niou, Washio/Suzuki or any other Synchro users. Its down to the individual ablities of Yukimura and Sanada that nobody would stand a chance so I believe Ochi will soon reveal to be as awesome or better than Mouri.

    We can confirm that Tohno is above Mouri and Ochi in Singles and Doubles it seems (Depending on if Tohno really can effectively pair with Kimijima) and that he is WELL above Hakamada.

  3. #167
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Like I said before, since Ochi/Mouri arent Synchro users, what makes them higher level Doubles players than Mutsu/Mutsu is their individual abilities.
    We don't know if they're Synchro-users or not. And if they aren't, then the Mutsu Twins could probably beat them. If the Ochi-Mouri pair did have Synchro, however, then they'd beat the Mutsu Twins, because as the twins said it themselves, in a contest between doubles players with Synchro, the pair with the stronger natural abilities will be the winner; Ochi-Mouri are clearly naturally stronger than the twins.

  4. #168
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    I don't really believe that synchro ends the discussion with the mutsu's and ochi-mouri because primarily there must be a reason for the rank disparity, and synchro certainly aids a doubles team however synchro only it the players using it, and if there is a disparity in ability great enough then synchro might not matter like airgrimes said. I happen to think that niou/atobe would galactically rock the mutsu's primarily because they can't deal with atobe kingdom, they may or may not be capable of dealing with zero shiki serve or tezuka phantom. Even tezuka zone in doubles would be beastly because it is basically an automatically successful poach and even with synchro, dealing with atobe's rondo/cool drive shots continuously in my opinion would be too much for the twins.

  5. #169
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Synchro isn't the only thing that matters in doubles discussion and pairs with synchro don't automatically beat all pairs that don't have synchro.

    Just given by the little interaction we've seen between them, Ochi and Mouri probably aren't a Synchro Type, but rather an Equal Footing Type. And Kimijima/Tohno are very likely to be a Leader Follower Type.

  6. #170
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    We don't know if they're Synchro-users or not. And if they aren't, then the Mutsu Twins could probably beat them. If the Ochi-Mouri pair did have Synchro, however, then they'd beat the Mutsu Twins, because as the twins said it themselves, in a contest between doubles players with Synchro, the pair with the stronger natural abilities will be the winner; Ochi-Mouri are clearly naturally stronger than the twins.
    They obviously dont. Otherwise Inui, Mizuki and Yanagi would have stated it with their awesome data.
    And yes. The twins said that, however Ochi and Mouri are likely not Synchro users which is why I will say again:

    Individually, Ochi and Mouri must be really strong since they are above Mutsu/Mutsu without even having Synchro.


    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Synchro isn't the only thing that matters in doubles discussion and pairs with synchro don't automatically beat all pairs that don't have synchro.

    Just given by the little interaction we've seen between them, Ochi and Mouri probably aren't a Synchro Type, but rather an Equal Footing Type. And Kimijima/Tohno are very likely to be a Leader Follower Type.
    I know this. Which is why im saying, individually, Ochi and Mouri have got to be strong since without Synchro Ochi/Mouri > Mutsu/Mutsu.

    Leader Follower type? Can we get another example in the series like that? Im not too sure what you mean here. Is Oishi/Kikumaru an example of that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
    I don't really believe that synchro ends the discussion with the mutsu's and ochi-mouri because primarily there must be a reason for the rank disparity, and synchro certainly aids a doubles team however synchro only it the players using it, and if there is a disparity in ability great enough then synchro might not matter like airgrimes said. I happen to think that niou/atobe would galactically rock the mutsu's primarily because they can't deal with atobe kingdom, they may or may not be capable of dealing with zero shiki serve or tezuka phantom. Even tezuka zone in doubles would be beastly because it is basically an automatically successful poach and even with synchro, dealing with atobe's rondo/cool drive shots continuously in my opinion would be too much for the twins.
    Precisely. Since Synchro has so far been shown as absolute and can only be defeated with Synchro, the fact that Ochi/Mouri and ?Tohno/Kimijima? are above Mutsu/Mutsu tells you that their individual abilities are extremely high.

    I also still believe that Ochi will reveal to be above Mouri to explain why Ochi got the No.9 badge. I believe in Doubles in this series, the one with the higher badge is the one who is stronger in Singles EXCLUDING Momoshiro Takeshi and Oshitari Kenya pair.

    ---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

    Furthermore, considering Kawamura has displayed control over the Hadoukyu's doesnt that make he and Ishida Gin the same level now?

  7. #171
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    They obviously dont. Otherwise Inui, Mizuki and Yanagi would have stated it with their awesome data.
    And yes. The twins said that, however Ochi and Mouri are likely not Synchro users which is why I will say again:

    Individually, Ochi and Mouri must be really strong since they are above Mutsu/Mutsu without even having Synchro.

    ---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

    Furthermore, considering Kawamura has displayed control over the Hadoukyu's doesnt that make he and Ishida Gin the same level now?
    Ochi and Mouri would beat Mutsu twins. Date and Ban would destroy them also, they wouldn't be able to touch Danji No haru and Danji No Natsu, and because their physical abilities aren't strong enough, they would get stomped.

    I'm just thinking that Kawamura/Kabaji are a stronger pair than the Mutsu twins. And yeah, since Kawamura can control the Hadoukyuu styles, he is in the same level as Gin right now. That's some beastly improvement he made in such a short amount of time considering he could only hit a Dash Hadoukyuu that equals the first style.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #172
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I know this. Which is why im saying, individually, Ochi and Mouri have got to be strong since without Synchro Ochi/Mouri > Mutsu/Mutsu.

    Leader Follower type? Can we get another example in the series like that? Im not too sure what you mean here. Is Oishi/Kikumaru an example of that?
    That wasn't directed at you in particular.

    Yanagi/Kirihara or Shishido/Ootori are examples. Oishi/Kikumaru are a Synchro Type.

  10. #173
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    That wasn't directed at you in particular.

    Yanagi/Kirihara or Shishido/Ootori are examples. Oishi/Kikumaru are a Synchro Type.
    My bad.
    Who leads and follows in Shishido/Ootori pair?

  11. #174
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    My bad.
    Who leads and follows in Shishido/Ootori pair?
    Shishido leads.

    Actually, I could just link the relevant page...
    http://fanbook.livejournal.com/26149.html

  12. #175
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    They obviously dont. Otherwise Inui, Mizuki and Yanagi would have stated it with their awesome data.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't their data of the Ochi-Mouri pair flawed? Not only are they referencing data from when those guys were enrolled in middle school, (remember, the U-17's training can drastically improve one's skills, so their data is outdated) one of them as no data on him as he made it a habit to miss practice.

    Precisely. Since Synchro has so far been shown as absolute and can only be defeated with Synchro, the fact that Ochi/Mouri and ?Tohno/Kimijima? are above Mutsu/Mutsu tells you that their individual abilities are extremely high.[/QUOTE]

    How do you guys know that Tohno is a doubles player?


    Quote Quote:
    Furthermore, considering Kawamura has displayed control over the Hadoukyu's doesnt that make he and Ishida Gin the same level now?
    Granted Gin didn't become any stronger, which he did.

  13. #176
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    How do you guys know that Tohno is a doubles player?
    We're assuming that he is. From their conversation, and their similarity to Renji/Akaya as a pair, it would appear that Kimijima/Tohno are an upgraded version of Renji/Akaya, much like how Ochi/Mouri seem to be an upgraded version of Shishido/Ootori, but Mouri should be first in the team name.

    I once theorized (this was many months ago now) that all of the top 10 were singles players, and they just banded together to play doubles as necessary and to create advantageous match ups against opponents.

    Tohno definitely appears to be quite competent as a singles player, as he viewed Hakamada as trash, but it's much, much more likely that he's a doubles player than that he plays singles.

  14. #177
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't their data of the Ochi-Mouri pair flawed? Not only are they referencing data from when those guys were enrolled in middle school, (remember, the U-17's training can drastically improve one's skills, so their data is outdated) one of them as no data on him as he made it a habit to miss practice.

    Precisely. Since Synchro has so far been shown as absolute and can only be defeated with Synchro, the fact that Ochi/Mouri and ?Tohno/Kimijima? are above Mutsu/Mutsu tells you that their individual abilities are extremely high.
    How do you guys know that Tohno is a doubles player?


    Granted Gin didn't become any stronger, which he did.[/QUOTE]

    I dont know that Tohno is a doubles player. Its likely he is like Most players in the series who play both Singles and Doubles.

    Then a High Schooler would have mentioned that they are Synchro users. When Irie was being revealed, they had Oni talk about him in Irie VS Atobe.
    If they were Synchro users, members of the camp would say so.

    Are you saying Gin became stronger? We cant confirm he became much stronger. Same with Kikumaru, unfortunately the great Fuji, Jirou, Hirakoba, Amane and several other players we have no idea if they have considerably improved or just kinda improved.
    Im guessin Gin just kinda improved and that Konomi has always wanted to underline Kawamura as the best Middle School Power Player since Pair Puri Vol.1 even calls him the No.1 Power Player.

    Also, Hirakoba is below Ishida. G, but well above Kawamura.

    Just realized I refuse to accept Ishida above Kaidoh.
    And I was wrong about Jackal > Kawamura.
    Now that Kawamura can hit a range of Hadoukyus, I see Kawamura defeating Ishida again. Its likely Ishida is too high.

    ---------- Post added February 16, 2012 at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was February 14, 2012 at 11:58 AM ----------

    Hmmm....
    Kawamura, Kenya and Gin, Yushi and Kaidoh.

    Really and truly, how would you order those 5?
    Since I believe Yushi is really strong.
    And that Gin is only Kawamura level.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; February 16, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

  15. #178
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Of those 5, I think Kaidoh is the strongest, I would put them like this

    Kaidoh
    Kawamura
    Gin
    Yushi
    Kenya

    I don't see Kaidoh losing to Yushi, Kawamura and Gin, considering he has more power, speed and stamina now.

  16. #179
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Of those 5, I think Kaidoh is the strongest, I would put them like this

    Kaidoh
    Kawamura
    Gin
    Yushi
    Kenya

    I don't see Kaidoh losing to Yushi, Kawamura and Gin, considering he has more power, speed and stamina now.
    Just as I was thinking.
    Well, Miyako, Matsudaira, Kawamura and Gin.

    What would the order for those 4 be. In Singles, Miyako and Matsudaira cant compliment each other and I see Matsudaira getting taken out by Power easily.

  17. #180
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    I'll be going with

    Kaidoh
    Yushi
    Kawamura
    Gin
    Kenya
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts