Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Running speed? He's a big server like Ootori, that he can serve that fast doesn't mean that he is very fast while running, becauae he's that tall he can move well around the court.
    If Atobe and Nioh are having trouble with Ochi, I can guarantee you that Fuji definitely wouldn't have an easy time either. It seems as if Ochi, and Mouri too, from their experience in high-level battles, are able to adapt to their circumstances and disadvantages. Look at how easily the Atobe Kingdom, Zero-Shiki Serve, Kabaji's Bauu and Tezuka Phantom was handled. They dealt with extreme insight, a nigh-unreturnable serve, extreme power, involuntary out balls, and the ability to become anyone, and aren't even cracking so much as a sweat.

And they are only the lowest of the Genius 10.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Running speed? He's a big server like Ootori, that he can serve that fast doesn't mean that he is very fast while running, becauae he's that tall he can move well around the court.
    Comparing Ochi to Ootori incorrect. Ochi is an amazing Ootori.
    Mouri has not dropped a service game of his. Meaning Ochi is holding it down. Look at the links I provided,
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/73

This sums up how good Ochi has to be. The Top 10 are a new level. The fact that Ochi is perfectly fine unlike Niou and Atobe shows his stamina is fantastic.
    Note that Mouri and Ochi havent even used a specific formation yet. Just one guy is on the left, the other is on the right. Simple.

It doesnt necessarily mean he isnt good at running but I get your point. Also, why does he have to run if he can reach shots impossible for normal schoolers.
    He reaches here really nicely. Im sorry but this will defientely reach Houou Gaeshi after the second or third time he sees it.
    If 5th Counter took Shiraishi 3 games to break, I think Ochi will break it within such a time. and the games are now 3 set matches. No way is 5th Counter lasting that long.

5th Counter only completely shuts down players in the MSers who are in our Mid tier and downwards. Anyone above that will find a way to break it for sure.

Also, 6th Counter is SPECIFICALLY for Cord Balls. I believe eventually during the match 5th Counter will be able to returned by Ochi without it being a Cord Ball which would null 6th Counter.
    Im sorry but since Fuji hasnt improved since Part I, I dont see him as the heavyweight he was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    If Atobe and Nioh are having trouble with Ochi, I can guarantee you that Fuji definitely wouldn't have an easy time either. It seems as if Ochi, and Mouri too, from their experience in high-level battles, are able to adapt to their circumstances and disadvantages. Look at how easily the Atobe Kingdom, Zero-Shiki Serve, Kabaji's Bauu and Tezuka Phantom was handled. They dealt with extreme insight, a nigh-unreturnable serve, extreme power, involuntary out balls, and the ability to become anyone, and aren't even cracking so much as a sweat.

And they are only the lowest of the Genius 10.
    This sums it up.
    Ochi cant suck. Just the fact that he can influence you to fault as one of your abilites. That itself is like a 5th Counter sort of effect.

Seriously? Ochi is tall but not that fast, bet he couldn't catch houhou gaeshi, or Hakuryuu, you have to be fast to get those. Definitely, he needs high technique to reurn fifth counter, he hasn't shown to be fast nor skilled. Also, you don't know what Fuji's gonna do, so his unpredictable play could disturb Ochi.
    Ochi is so far the champion at disturbing lol. Niou hasnt disturbed him even a tiny bit in this match. And he mindf*cked Fuji and Kikumaru and the Mutsu's when he played them.
    Ochi's Mental stat I believe is probably higher than most MSers and I think Fuji.
    You mention unpredictable play here, and it brings Closed Eye to mind. With Closed Eye, Fuji will probably win as ridiculous as it sounds.

6th counter would pwn him
    Only works on cordballs...

For pete's sake, Ochi, single wise, can't stand a chance against top MS. There's no way he could defeat Fuji.
    Argh! The ridiculous Closed Eye mode. With CE, Fuji would defeat Ochi. Especially if he combines it with Cord Ball and stuff.
    It would be a tight match, with Fuji winning in the end.

I bet he COULD catch Houou Gaeshi and Hakuryuu however. The way Niou completely tore apart Counter's 1-5 was beautiful. Ochi's height would definitely factor in making Hakuryuu easy to return.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; May 09, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at how easily the Atobe Kingdom, Zero-Shiki Serve, Kabaji's Bauu and Tezuka Phantom was handled.
    You mean like, not at all? We never saw Atobe using AK, Mouri was the only one to return ZSS to our knowledge, the one point Niou used a power shot they lost and they kept losing points against Phantom.

That being said, I think Ochi vs Fuji depends on how well Ochi can handle Heca. Just from what we've seen so far and his appearance, I would guess he defends at the net, making Houou Gaeshi and cord balls a non issue. Then he was shown to have good reaction time as well as great reach, which should be enough to beat Hakuryuu and Kagero Zutsumi. Kirin Otoshi I'm not sure about, maybe taking two steps back is enough for him to reach it, but even if not the easy solution is to not smash.

CE!Fuji should be able to return Mach (since Mach is not only about pure speed but mainly that you don't see it coming which doesn't matter with CE) and guard him against The Mental Assassin.

Overall, as long as Ochi can return Heca properly though, Fuji doesn't have anything left and Ochi's stats should be better, so it kinda depends on that I'd say.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    You mean like, not at all? We never saw Atobe using AK, Mouri was the only one to return ZSS to our knowledge, the one point Niou used a power shot they lost and they kept losing points against Phantom.
    In a sense that, despite those techniques being at the MSers disposal, the MSers were getting dominated. (Atobe and Niou are exhausted. Ochi and Mouri are chill).

That being said, I think Ochi vs Fuji depends on how well Ochi can handle Heca. Just from what we've seen so far and his appearance, I would guess he defends at the net, making Houou Gaeshi and cord balls a non issue. Then he was shown to have good reaction time as well as great reach, which should be enough to beat Hakuryuu and Kagero Zutsumi. Kirin Otoshi I'm not sure about, maybe taking two steps back is enough for him to reach it, but even if not the easy solution is to not smash.

CE!Fuji should be able to return Mach (since Mach is not only about pure speed but mainly that you don't see it coming which doesn't matter with CE) and guard him against The Mental Assassin.

Overall, as long as Ochi can return Heca properly though, Fuji doesn't have anything left and Ochi's stats should be better, so it kinda depends on that I'd say.
    Precisely. Its not certain that Fuji would win. I think CE!Fuji gives him the edge in a 7-5 or 7-6 win. No better. It could be Ochi winning too since Ochi's stamina seems kinda beast.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean like, not at all? We never saw Atobe using AK,
    . . . The fuck do you even mean?

Quote Quote:
    Mouri was the only one to return ZSS to our knowledge, the one point Niou used a power shot they lost and they kept losing points against Phantom.
    And this kills my point, how? They're still not in any desperate situation right now.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

And this kills my point, how? They're still not in any desperate situation right now.
    Precisely. Ochi and Mouri have shown no signs of being pressured while Atobe and Niou look pretty f*Cked right now.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I had interpreted that as him using that level of Insight to return Mach, not that he actually aimed at anyone's absolute blind spots since we got no explantion for why Mouri was able to return it like we did with Irie and KnS.

You said they easily handled those techniques. They didn't. Hence it kills this particular part of your point:

Quote Quote:
    It seems as if Ochi, and Mouri too, from their experience in high-level battles, are able to adapt to their circumstances and disadvantages
    They aren't adapting, those techniques simply aren't enough to completly cover everything. This would be a better way to put it:

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    In a sense that, despite those techniques being at the MSers disposal, the MSers were getting dominated. (Atobe and Niou are exhausted. Ochi and Mouri are chill).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouri only returned one ZSServe, only one. Ochi can't touch that serve. If you see the next chapters, you can see Niou using ZSS (on chapter 74 I think) continuous ZSServes and scoring points fast. He hit them up to the point he couldn't hit them anymore due to his arm's limit. But. until that happened, they couldn't return ZSserve. just once.

Also, there's no evidence they can deal with Phantom. Only it's a matter that Niou keeps hitting it and his arm gets hurt, but they haven't shown any way to deal with that.

I agree that they're above them in terms of stamina, but they can't deal with Phantom or ZSServe, and it's pretty evident, as Mouri only returned only one and Niou used Phantom succesfully but he went too far, and probably can't play right now.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

@Brandnewkid,

That page where it says Atobe Kingdom on the bg text doesn't actually say that in the japanese. That translation was a lazy one from the Chinese scan which is what the tl for that group used to make the english translation. I don't happen to have my raw on me at the moment since I'm at work...but I do remember for a fact that Atobe Kingdom is never specifically stated.

The way I see it, Atobe Kingdom is the application of his enchanced Insight to precisely hit the opponents Absolute Dead Angles (Zettai Shikaku). However, the ability to see skeletons is purely just Insight on it's own. I think Atobe's only been using Insight on it's own to be able to even see and react to Mach.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouri only returned one ZSServe, only one. Ochi can't touch that serve. If you see the next chapters, you can see Niou using ZSS (on chapter 74 I think) continuous ZSServes and scoring points fast. He hit them up to the point he couldn't hit them anymore due to his arm's limit. But. until that happened, they couldn't return ZSserve. just once.

Also, there's no evidence they can deal with Phantom. Only it's a matter that Niou keeps hitting it and his arm gets hurt, but they haven't shown any way to deal with that.
    Thats the issue. ZSS and TP havent been able to win the match for them even though they are match-winning kinda moves.
    Also, Niou cant react to Mach and Atobe sometimes returns Mach, Ochi has them screwed just as much.

I agree that they're above them in terms of stamina, but they can't deal with Phantom or ZSServe, and it's pretty evident, as Mouri only returned only one and Niou used Phantom succesfully but he went too far, and probably can't play right now.
    Technique-wise im presuming Mouri and Ochi are fantastic. To be able to be pressurizing Atobe and Niou into a corner and look so calm relaxed and not really breaking a sweat? Their technique must be something.

Ochi VS Fuji would be a great match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ochi vs Shiraishi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people will have their answer of Ochi vs Fuji, somehow, when Fuji ends playing someone higher level than ochi and winning...or not. I'm pretty sure Fuji will be selected to play against the current top 10.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Fosprey View Post
    I think people will have their answer of Ochi vs Fuji, somehow, when Fuji ends playing someone higher level than ochi and winning...or not. I'm pretty sure Fuji will be selected to play against the current top 10.
    I cant see your point here. We are all expecting and kinda hoping Fuji plays a Top 10 member. This is coz the current Fuji has nothing to show he can confidently defeat a Top 10 member.
    Right now, its possible he could even lose to the No.9.

We are all sure he will be selected to play against the Top 10 and this has been said by a lot of ppl on here. But we are dealing with the players current abilities. And based on what we have been shown, Ochi VS Fuji is a good match up and its not even certain who would win.

Ochi vs Shiraishi
    With the Golden Gauntlet off, he could hit fast serves that would be returned with lobs that he could possibly smash away quickly, although Miyako Shinobu kinda showed us the rest of his body doesnt improve AT ALL with his arm speed.
    Tbh, Shiraishi hasnt actually improved since Nationals. All he did was a remove a weight which is what ppl do. Not improvement at all.

Although Shiraishi's Entaku Shot could take games. Due to both Shiraishi and Fuji not improving since joining the U-17 Camp, I see a Shiraishi win, but a 7-6 win. I think tie-break is appropriate as Mach Serve is yet to be returned w/out Insight yet. Ochi could even win it 7-6 too.

This reminds me how Shiraishi and Fuji may have been fodderized and left to settle with their high popularity.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; May 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me how Shiraishi and Fuji may have been fodderized and left to settle with their high popularity.
    More like because Konomi can't think of anything to do with them.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think tie-break is appropriate as Mach Serve is yet to be returned w/out Insight yet.
    Actually Niou must have returned at least one during the tiebreaker. It was:

1-0 Ochi's serve
    3-0 Niou's serve
    5-0 Mouri's serve
    6-0 Atobe's serve
    6-1 Atobe's serve
    6-3 Ochi's serve (Niou must have returned this one)
    -rest of the tiebreak-

It's hard to say how the rest of the tiebreaker went. All we know is that Niou probably scored with every ball he touched until 49-48, using TPhantom (didn't double check, but I'm pretty sure it's implied somewhere), and that Ochi/Mouri have to have scored 4/8 points every service cycle. We can't say though whether those points were simply all shots served from and to Atobe, or whether Ochi got Mach past Niou again after that point and Atobe just happened to not screw up in one of the four chances he had everytime.

Personally I would think that Niou couldn't return more than that one Mach (since we've seen that it's normally too fast for him and Mach's timing can be varied), and that they managed to take four of the remaining seven points each time, but I don't really have anything to prove that.

New Reply
Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast