Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Yukimura is in a class of his own. The way he plays, you can't beat him unless you have some kind of super aura or have a name that starts with "Tezuka."

Atobe, however, is like, Fuji / Shiraishi - class.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Yukimura is in a class of his own. The way he plays, you can't beat him unless you have some kind of super aura or have a name that starts with "Tezuka."

Atobe, however, is like, Fuji / Shiraishi - class.
    Exactly what I believe.
    However Atobe and Akutsu are at the top of that class where Niou would also be.

Im anticipating Shiraishi and Fuji to get improvement simply based on their high popularity so that they can stay in the same tier as Atobe. If they dont improve however, then Atobe and Akutsu are a tier above them lol.

---------- Post added May 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was May 15, 2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

If Niou becomes other people and uses Illusionary shots and a new variety of shots we'll be able to tier the awesome Ochi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Tier List Singles

Spoiler show

Fuji hasn't shown that he deserves a better place than Akutsu and Tachibana. He should be downgraded.

Nirou is a copy beast, almost perfect with anybody. He's unpredictable, and should be upgraded. Same happens with Kirihara, who has shown to be somewhat an anti-echizen and should be treated as one.

Comparission kinda ruins the thread. I mean, I don't really see Sengoku and Jirou losing against Momo and Taka. Same happens when I compare Kikumaru ( who has shown to be good at singles, but doesn't like to play them) with Kaidoh, Marui and Jackal (why are these 2 so high? Stats?).

So, to me: Fuji down 1, Nirou and Kirihara up 1, Jirou 1 up, Sengoku 2 up, Marui and Jackal down 1.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Fuji hasn't shown that he deserves a better place than Akutsu and Tachibana. He should be downgraded.

Nirou is a copy beast, almost perfect with anybody. He's unpredictable, and should be upgraded. Same happens with Kirihara, who has shown to be somewhat an anti-echizen and should be treated as one.

Comparission kinda ruins the thread. I mean, I don't really see Sengoku and Jirou losing against Momo and Taka. Same happens when I compare Kikumaru ( who has shown to be good at singles, but doesn't like to play them) with Kaidoh, Marui and Jackal (why are these 2 so high? Stats?).

So, to me: Fuji down 1, Nirou and Kirihara up 1, Jirou 1 up, Sengoku 2 up, Marui and Jackal down 1.
    Here is the CURRENT Tier thread, so Niou is at the top of that tier. Atobe, Akutsu, Tooyama dont show a way they can return Tezuka Phantom. So for that tier, Niou need only hit ZSS for 6 games like he has done here, or for 3-4 games and hit Tezuka Phantom for 3 games and he defeats everybody in his tier.
    Akutsu > Fuji is also in our tier.
    Its Niou* btw.

However Fuji > Tachibana is in our tier. You see, Tachibana has NOT improved since Nationals Quarterfinals. Fuji improved in the Finals.
    So Abare Dama an illusionary shot is INEFFECTIVE against Closed Eye from Fuji.

Fuji now has Kirin Otoshi and 5th Counter. Tachibana doesnt really show how he can overcome Fuji right now. Fuji > Tachibana im afraid.
    If Konomi showed us Tachibana's stats were given a strong boost then we could bring this back up, but right now, Tachibana has no chance of beating Fuji.

Spoiler show

You dont see Sengoku losing to Momoshiro or Kawamura Takashi?
    Ill make it simple.
    Can Sengoku return Black Jack Knife when Jack Knife was too much for him? Impossible. Sengoku will die against Black Jack Knife. Momoshiro will FINISH him lol.
    He stands no chance now Kawamura has mastered 108 degrees of Hadoukyuu.
    I understand your thinking, but that was back at the National Tournament. As of this moment, Akutagawa OR Sengoku stand no chance of returning various Hadoukyuu's or Black Jack Knives.

Comparison ruins the thread? Why? Every single placing on the thread we have done here is discussed and justified first.

I discussed your Fuji and Niou problem. Kirihara? He shall stay. He was absolutely dumb-founded when Kaidoh hit Gyro Snake, Tornade Snake from the same stance.
    Therefore, Curving Laser and Laserbeam which is from the same stance that completely took out the likes of Niou also defeat him.

Unless Kirihara's mental lifts, and shows us he can use Angel Mode willingly, he cannot defeat something like that.

Marui and Jackal? Well they were ALL over Momoshiro/Kaidoh in the Regionals WITH WEIGHTS ON lol. Singles-wise, the opponent cannot tell the difference between Iron Pole or Tightrope Walking. Marui > Akutagawa in Singles is something we already know.

Jackal's stamina is meant to exceed Kaidoh's. Jackal has Boomerang Snake and can return nearly every shot as stated in the manga.

Actually just check our most updated tier here
    Open for discussion anytime.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 06, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Great reply! Im kinda a Sengoku, Kirihara and Jirou fan, but you are telling the truth, they are not really in the spotlight and haven't shown as much progress as the others. The anime, when the Japan against West Coast ( i think it was West coast) happened, Sengoku and Kirihara had a great power up (Sengoku was faster and stronger, and Kirihara had a better Tech and Mental)... but in the manga they didn't. Kirihara has Muga or it was just for a moment in the manga? I'm trying to make him look as good as Momo lol.

Sorry that i used the wrong list, i thought that the thread was going to be edited.

PS: i dont know why i said Nirou lol

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Unless Kirihara's mental lifts, and shows us he can use Angel Mode willingly, he cannot defeat something like that.
    Konomi has made it pretty clear that Kirihara won't use AM again, so if he ever gets another upgrade, it'll be a new Devil Mode most likely.

Kirihara has Muga or it was just for a moment in the manga? I'm trying to make him look as good as Momo lol.

Sorry that i used the wrong list, i thought that the thread was going to be edited.
    He technically still has Muga, but as with AM, it's unlikely that it'll ever be triggered again. The Muga requirements are the same as for everyone else, he has to be driven into a corner, but from what we've seen (in the match against Yanagi for example), he loses control over himself before that can happen and enters Devil Mode instead.

Also updated, with the exception of Mouri because he's playing a doubles match, not singles.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Great reply! Im kinda a Sengoku, Kirihara and Jirou fan, but you are telling the truth, they are not really in the spotlight and haven't shown as much progress as the others. The anime, when the Japan against West Coast ( i think it was West coast) happened, Sengoku and Kirihara had a great power up (Sengoku was faster and stronger, and Kirihara had a better Tech and Mental)... but in the manga they didn't. Kirihara has Muga or it was just for a moment in the manga? I'm trying to make him look as good as Momo lol.

PS: i dont know why i said Nirou lol
    Well Ochi has already explained the Kirihara and Sengoku situation. Unfortunately they do not have the necessary general stat boosts for them to be lifted.
    And @Kaoz, I would like to add Ochi above Shiraishi for now as we all discussed.

And yeah with the exception of Mouri, should we remove Mouri from the list? I guess we probably should, I jumped the gun when I saw him return ZSS.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And @Kaoz, I would like to add Ochi above Shiraishi for now as we all discussed.
    I think Ochi could go basically anywhere in that tier. Atobe and CE!Fuji are the only ones for who we can be almost sure that they can return Mach (Kintarou and Akutsu might with 5 at once, but not sure), and Atobe and Fuji also seem like the only ones in that tier that can evade the Mental Assassin.

And yeah with the exception of Mouri, should we remove Mouri from the list? I guess we probably should, I jumped the gun when I saw him return ZSS.
    I don't have much of a basis to put him anywhere personally, so yeah, I'd remove him.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Current tier:

Spoiler show

For any other fodder guys.
    The only info on HSers is Hakamada > Matsudaira, Fuwa cant lose to any illusionary shots, yeah... We arent tiering the fodder anytime soon.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any possibility of making a th with MS's aproximated stats? That would be cool and would support this thread.
    The list seems pefect, at least to me, as Im not reading the manga ( I dont want to spoil me the anime so I can't discuss anymore)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A thread for stat discussions can be found here

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ion-Prediction

If anyone feels like reviving it, be my guest.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

See what i did there? ;D

Oh, and Wakashi sucks, how is he over Shishido, Sengoku, Kikumaru, Ibu, etc...???

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kazuya's not in the list of not yet tiered, but it doesn't really matter.

Spoiler show

See what i did there? ;D

Oh, and Wakashi sucks, how is he over Shishido, Sengoku, Kikumaru, Ibu, etc...???
    As to this, what feats do you think Sengoku and Ibu really have? Kikumaru has Sealed Step, but he's not really a singles player. Shishido doesn't cut it in singles. While Atobe was screwing with Hiyoshi, he still had front foot hopping return (meaning that he can return Tannhauser Serve) and had overcome his stamina problem. Most MSers can't return THS. None of them are great, but Hiyoshi's shown the most, plus he has the most potential, although that last part doesn't really matter.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Kazuya's not in the list of not yet tiered, but it doesn't really matter.
    Check again.
    He's always been in our not yet tiered list.
    We cant tier the guy yet. We only know Tokugawa > or now possibly equal to Ryoma.
    There is nobody who we can confirm is above Tokugawa that we can tier.

As to this, what feats do you think Sengoku and Ibu really have? Kikumaru has Sealed Step, but he's not really a singles player. Shishido doesn't cut it in singles.
    Well said.
    Kikumaru is an excellent player but he belongs in the tier that Sengoku, The weaker Higa guys (Kai, Chinen, Tanishi), Kamio & Ibu are in. In support of this, he doesnt even like Singles lol. But the tier he is in is a tier of very able Singles Players. They are just the lowest of good players.

I personally wanna take Shishido out. I think he sucks.

While Atobe was screwing with Hiyoshi, he still had front foot hopping return (meaning that he can return Tannhauser Serve) and had overcome his stamina problem. Most MSers can't return THS. None of them are great, but Hiyoshi's shown the most, plus he has the most potential, although that last part doesn't really matter.
    I'll be honest here. its hard to see what it is that separates Hiyoshi from Kikumaru's tier. But just the fact he took 45 points from a heavyweight like Atobe is enough for me.

He also only lost 6-4 to Echizen Ryoma. At that time, Ryoma was stronger than when he beat Ibu Shinji 6-3, and Akutsu 6-4. Hiyoshi is a tier above Kikumaru, Sengoku etc.

Hope this all helps.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Check again.
    He's always been in our not yet tiered list.
    We cant tier the guy yet. We only know Tokugawa > or now possibly equal to Ryoma.
    There is nobody who we can confirm is above Tokugawa that we can tier.
    Oh.

I always forget that people like you refer to him as Tokugawa.

I'll be honest here. its hard to see what it is that separates Hiyoshi from Kikumaru's tier. But just the fact he took 45 points from a heavyweight like Atobe is enough for me.

He also only lost 6-4 to Echizen Ryoma. At that time, Ryoma was stronger than when he beat Ibu Shinji 6-3, and Akutsu 6-4. Hiyoshi is a tier above Kikumaru, Sengoku etc.

Hope this all helps.
    Atobe was screwing with Hiyoshi, so it doesn't really count, although Hiyoshi still did get the points off of Atobe, which is probably more than the rest could do, considering that they can't return THS.

New Reply
Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast