Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Woah...
    Yushi and Hiyoshi same tier?
    Its said during the series that Hyotei has Oshitari and Seigaku has fuji.

Also, why have you ranked Krauzer so high?
    he is obviously not on Kirihara and Nakagauchi's level.
    They both defeated him.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Also, I dont see Marui and Akutagawa as a level above Kikumaru. I see Kikumaru on that same tier. Also Kai.
    Considering how he defeated Saeki without Viking Horn.
    Kikumaru is shown to be an able Singles Player.
    In the anime he and Inui go to tie-break.

I dont see Kawamura as better than Kikumaru either. Considering how he only became a regular in his 3rd year.
    I think if Kikmaru had become a regular in his 3rd Year they would have mentioned it like they did with Kawamura.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Woah...
    Yushi and Hiyoshi same tier?
    Its said during the series that Hyotei has Oshitari and Seigaku has fuji.
    Yuushi isn't even close to Fuji's level though.

Also, why have you ranked Krauzer so high?
    he is obviously not on Kirihara and Nakagauchi's level.
    They both defeated him.
    We've worked through some of the tiers, but we haven't established firm placings for every tier yet, and Krauser is one of them.

Also, I dont see Marui and Akutagawa as a level above Kikumaru. I see Kikumaru on that same tier. Also Kai.
    Considering how he defeated Saeki without Viking Horn.
    Kikumaru is shown to be an able Singles Player.
    In the anime he and Inui go to tie-break.
    Kikumaru just hasn't shown the skills to be able to match up to better singles players. Kai can't be on the level of Marui or Jirou. Kai lost to Kikumaru. Saeki isn't even in SPoT...

The anime is not canon. Have you watched the anime? Yeah...

I dont see Kawamura as better than Kikumaru either. Considering how he only became a regular in his 3rd year.
    I think if Kikmaru had become a regular in his 3rd Year they would have mentioned it like they did with Kawamura.
    The time frame during which one becomes a regular isn't important. Echizen makes a massive rise in one year. Currently, we have Kawamura ranked below Kikumaru, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The time frame during which one becomes a regular isn't important. Echizen makes a massive rise in one year. Currently, we have Kawamura ranked below Kikumaru, so I don't know what you're talking about.
    I just saw a post saying Kawamura>Kikumaru.
    I'll find it so you know what I'm talking about.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

My bad I realized neither you no Chaosmaster said that sorry.
    Kikumaru has shown Seal Step, I dont see how Kenya is much better than him. Kikumaru has speed.
    To be honest, has Marui shown the ability to match up against better singles players?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw a post saying Kawamura>Kikumaru.
    I'll find it so you know what I'm talking about.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

My bad I realized neither you no Chaosmaster said that sorry.
    Kikumaru has shown Seal Step, I dont see how Kenya is much better than him. Kikumaru has speed.
    To be honest, has Marui shown the ability to match up against better singles players?
    The current tier rankings are shown in the first post of this thread. Most of the comments are just discussions about placing and are outdated.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah just realized.
    Anyway what makes you feel Kenya is better than Kikumaru?
    They both have intense speed.
    I still think Kikumaru should be in the tier above.
    I feel he is a lot better than Shishido, Konjiki, Hitouji and Ootori.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah just realized.
    Anyway what makes you feel Kenya is better than Kikumaru?
    They both have intense speed.
    Kenya has better all around abilities than Kikumaru. He had a high enough power/technique combination to return Tetsu's Hadokyuu, something I'm not seeing Kikumaru do anytime soon. His stamina should be at least equal to Kikumaru's, possibly higher, and he almost definately has greater mental abilities.

He also got 4 points against Shiraishi in the elimination match at the start of the camp, something Kikumaru probably isn't capable of either.

I still think Kikumaru should be in the tier above.
    I feel he is a lot better than Shishido, Konjiki, Hitouji and Ootori.
    I don't see him above Sengoku personally. Whether Low should be split into two is debatable though I guess.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough Sengoku, but he IS above Shishido and the ohers I mentioned.

---------- Post added August 30, 2011 at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was August 26, 2011 at 09:58 AM ----------

I think Shishido, Ootori, and Hitouji need to be lowered.
    They cant be grouped with Sengoku, Kai, Kikumaru, Kamio and Ibu.

And Ishida. G is ranked too high.
    Is the reasoning because he reached Court 5?

Please remember that player shuffles were random and that if Yagyuu or Oshitari. Y had got the match against Ishida. G's opponent (whoever he was) then I'm certain that he would have won.
    Kawamura defeated Ishida. G.
    Yet you have them on COMPLETELY different tier levels for some reason.

Krauser again, is also ranked too high.

I dont see Ishida. G or Krauser defeating Yagyuu, Oshitari. Y, Momoshiro or Kaidoh.
    Momoshiro's amazing Insight & Prediction and Kaidoh's amzing Gyro Snake, would probably edge a win over Krauser but definetely Ishida. G.

I dont see Yagyuu being weaker than Ishida. G when Niou is higher.
    The manga has shown them to be kind of equal. Despite the fact that in the tie-break that Yagyuu won, Niou didnt use his illusions, Yagyuu still beat him, I dont think its fair how Niou and Yagyuu are on different tiers.

Remember Kirihara took 7 straight games from Krauser. I dont know if you play or watch real tennis at all but I do. And let me tell you.
    Taking SEVEN STRAIGHT GAMES is INSANE.
    Kirihara is definetely better than Krauser.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dressrosa's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I can not recall any singles game that Shishido played. He was overwhelmed by Tachibana, that's the only thing I can recall. So I can't argue if he deserves a better spot in the list.

About Ootori, I can see him being on par with Kikumra, Kamio et al. he has the Neo Scud Serve, which is beastly. I am fine with him being there.

Please remember that player shuffles were random and that if Yagyuu or Oshitari. Y had got the match against Ishida. G's opponent (whoever he was) then I'm certain that he would have won.

I dont see Ishida. G or Krauser defeating Yagyuu, Oshitari. Y, Momoshiro or Kaidoh.
    Momoshiro's amazing Insight & Prediction and Kaidoh's amzing Gyro Snake, would probably edge a win over Krauser but definetely Ishida. G.

The manga has shown them to be kind of equal. Despite the fact that in the tie-break that Yagyuu won, Niou didnt use his illusions, Yagyuu still beat him, I dont think its fair how Niou and Yagyuu are on different tiers.
    I don't think they based this upon what court they are in. I assume that everybody here, especially those long-timers, is aware of how the shuffle matches are done. Belonging to a higher court can mean that yes, maybe, you really is a beastly player or you simply have had matches more than the others. And you can't argue with that, especially if you have the Yukimura on Court 6.

With Gin, I can see him better than Yagyuu and Oshitari and those others lower than him only because I can't see any of them returning his Hadoukyuu. They may have the techniques (Yagyuu's Laser Beam, for instance) but what would be the use of those if they would be blown away or have their wrist broken. Even for Momo who is a power player, I can't really see a clear win against Gin. I assume Gin's Hadoukyuu Style 20 up is on par with the BJK that Oni used against Momo. And we all know what happened to Momo's wrist.

Kawamura may have won against Gin on their match but I still can not see him as a better player. Remember how he won against Gin. And their score before that shot of Kawamura was 5-0. Gin OWNED Kawamura then.

Remember Kirihara took 7 straight games from Krauser. I dont know if you play or watch real tennis at all but I do. And let me tell you.
    Kirihara is ranked higher than Krauser. Check the list again.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Because...?

No.

Except that Gin completly outclassed Kawamura the whole match and Kawamura won because he got lucky in the end.

Possibly, he's on my list for characters to discuss.

Maybe.

Yagyuu is also on my list.

I believe the tier list reflects Kirihara > Krauser.

Spoiler: List of stuff to discuss at some point from the top of my head for those interested show

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuca View Post
    I can not recall any singles game that Shishido played. He was overwhelmed by Tachibana, that's the only thing I can recall. So I can't argue if he deserves a better spot in the list.

About Ootori, I can see him being on par with Kikumra, Kamio et al. he has the Neo Scud Serve, which is beastly. I am fine with him being there.
    Im not arguing for him to go higher.
    Shishido and Kikumaru being the same tier in Singles?
    I think your viewing Kikumaru too weak.
    Can any of you HONESTLY see a 7-5 finish from Shishido against Sengoku/Kikumaru/Kai/Kamio or Ibu? Seriously?

I think Shishido should go lower.

Ootori on par with Kikumaru? He and Shishido are the same level.
    In tennis, since its first to 7, a 9-7 finish in tie-break, means it was a close match. and that they are basically equal.
    Since I dont see Shishido taking even 4 games from Kikumaru I dont see Ootori doing so either.

Yeah he has Neo Scud serve, but I dont see him using it after a long time.
    Remember he plays doubles therefore he serves a lot less often than Singles since you gotta take turns between all 4 players.
    Kikumaru has new great stamina. I honestly cant imagine Ootori taking 5 games from Kikumaru.

If you dont see any players taking 5 games from one another in the same tier, then one of those players are in the wrong tier.

I don't think they based this upon what court they are in. I assume that everybody here, especially those long-timers, is aware of how the shuffle matches are done. Belonging to a higher court can mean that yes, maybe, you really is a beastly player or you simply have had matches more than the others. And you can't argue with that, especially if you have the Yukimura on Court 6.
    I agree,
    But that was not my argument.
    I was guessing if they were thinking that.
    I was hoping that was not their reason for ranking Ishida Gin above Yagyuu. Gladly it wasnt
    Yagyuu has Curved Laser Beam. Konomi has handed him a hack technique.
    A shot as fast as Laserbeam that curves like the Snake??

I think that at that stage, Yagyuu>Ishida. G is easily plausible.

With Gin, I can see him better than Yagyuu and Oshitari and those others lower than him only because I can't see any of them returning his Hadoukyuu. They may have the techniques (Yagyuu's Laser Beam, for instance) but what would be the use of those if they would be blown away or have their wrist broken. Even for Momo who is a power player, I can't really see a clear win against Gin. I assume Gin's Hadoukyuu Style 20 up is on par with the BJK that Oni used against Momo. And we all know what happened to Momo's wrist.

Kawamura may have won against Gin on their match but I still can not see him as a better player. Remember how he won against Gin. And their score before that shot of Kawamura was 5-0. Gin OWNED Kawamura then.
    You assume Oni's Black Jack Knife is on par with Ishida Gin?
    I think your really lowering Oni there.
    Oni slapped Momoshiro 6-0. Do you see Ishida. G slapping Momoshiro 6-0?

Oshitari Yushi? Considering he took 6 straight games from Momoshiro, I see him and Ishida. G being a close match.
    5 straight games is CRAZY let alone 6.
    Yushi broke down Momoshiro. A guy that can use Power-play.

Kirihara is ranked higher than Krauser. Check the list again.
    Sorry, I didnt make my point clear at all there.
    I mean, Krauser and Kirihara being in the same group is wrong.
    7 straight games just shows that they are different levels.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not arguing for him to go higher.
    Shishido and Kikumaru being the same tier in Singles?
    I think your viewing Kikumaru too weak.
    Can any of you HONESTLY see a 7-5 finish from Shishido against Sengoku/Kikumaru/Kai/Kamio or Ibu? Seriously?

I think Shishido should go lower.
    I am no way viewing Kikumaru as a weaker player. He's one of my favorites from Seigaku thus I try to read him deeper than the others. So I have a sort of a stronger base of opinion of how he is as a player. I still can see Shishido taking 4 games from Kikumaru. Shishido is a smarter player than Eiji so I don't think he will be backed down as low as only taking less than four games. But still, yes, I don't see him winning against Kikumaru who is an over all better player.

Ootori on par with Kikumaru? He and Shishido are the same level.
    In tennis, since its first to 7, a 9-7 finish in tie-break, means it was a close match. and that they are basically equal.
    Since I dont see Shishido taking even 4 games from Kikumaru I dont see Ootori doing so either.

Yeah he has Neo Scud serve, but I dont see him using it after a long time.
    Remember he plays doubles therefore he serves a lot less often than Singles since you gotta take turns between all 4 players.
    Kikumaru has new great stamina. I honestly cant imagine Ootori taking 5 games from Kikumaru.
    I reread my post and I actually laughed at myself for saying that Ootori is on par with Kamio. How can I say that when Kamio attained Moujou Aura? I apologize for the mistake.

IIRC, we actually haven't seen him play a singles match. He lost to Hiyoshi in an unofficial singles match but we've seen nothing from that.

Yes, in singles, the number of times a players serves is more than in doubles and with that I can't see Kikumaru returning the Scud Serve. But then, still, I also can't see Kikumaru losing.

This is the hard thing about those players, doubles players for that matter, that singles matches aren't shown. Their stats are so arguable and unresolvable.

Yagyuu has Curved Laser Beam. Konomi has handed him a hack technique.
    A shot as fast as Laserbeam that curves like the Snake??

I think that at that stage, Yagyuu>Ishida. G is easily plausible.

Oshitari Yushi? Considering he took 6 straight games from Momoshiro, I see him and Ishida. G being a close match.
    5 straight games is CRAZY let alone 6.
    Yushi broke down Momoshiro. A guy that can use Power-play.
    Err. My bad again. It's the way I compose those lines. What I actually want to meant was that I can't see Yagyuu and Oshitari winning against Ishida Gin only because I can't think of ways of how they can return the Hadoukyuu.

With Oshitari Y., Momo can't even be on par with the kind of power player Gin is. And plus, Momo was slighty handicapped there, if that could ever be used as a reason. And one more thing, Oshitari's hand got numb with Momo's shots. What more if its Gin's Hadoukyuu...that's how and why if they ever have a match I'll still bet on Gin.

With Yagyuu, again, he's one player that I am not sure of the real strength for a singles match. His match with Niou can't be of help. He got Laser Beam but like Oshitari if they ever have a match I'll still bet on Gin because I can't think of ways for him to return Hadoukyuu.

I believe that Oshitari Y. and Yagyuu are > Gin as overall players. I just can't really find a technique of them, as of now, that can counter Hadoukyuu.

You assume Oni's Black Jack Knife is on par with Ishida Gin?
    I think your really lowering Oni there.
    Oni slapped Momoshiro 6-0. Do you see Ishida. G slapping Momoshiro 6-0?
    Yes. I said that the BJK that Oni used against Momo is on par with Gin's Hadoukyuu 20th something style, and I still believe that. Hadoukyuu can blow away a person, as crazy at it may seem, but thats the way it was shown to us. So it's suffice to say that it can be on par with the BJK. But then, I also belived that the BJK that Oni used against Momo wasn't on its full power so I am no lowering Oni there.
    Last edited by Dressrosa; September 02, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what your saying except...

Momoshiro just used BJK in the latest chapter.
    It broke Taira Yoshiyuki and Hara's strings.

We havent seen Hadoukyuu do that.
    Because Konomi likes to show Momo and Kaido constantly attempting to catch up to Echizen,

They are handed new powerful techniques a lot.
    I dont see Gin returning Gyro Snake.
    And Momo has BJK which I reckon is on par with Gin's Hadoukyuu.

And Ishida Gin's 20th? you dont mean at least 80th or something?
    I dont think Ishida is that strong. Although he is definetely powerful.

With Yagyuu, he has Curved Laserbeam. Niou couldnt return it. Its hard enough to return Laserbeam.
    I reckon Yagyuu could place his shots in a way Hadoukyuu cant be full hit.

Like in the anime in Oishi VS Kawamura, Oishi placed his shots all far away from Taka so Hadoukyuu would be weak or not even able to be performed at all.
    I reckon Yagyuu could do that with Laserbeams and Shut down Ishida.

As for Yushi, your right, Im not sure I can think of how he can return Hadoukyuu just yet, but in the manga he can use Tannhauser Serve.
    I dont see him actually losing to Ishida. Probably a close match.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what your saying except...

Momoshiro just used BJK in the latest chapter.
    It broke Taira Yoshiyuki and Hara's strings.

We havent seen Hadoukyuu do that.
    Because Konomi likes to show Momo and Kaido constantly attempting to catch up to Echizen,

They are handed new powerful techniques a lot.
    I dont see Gin returning Gyro Snake.
    And Momo has BJK which I reckon is on par with Gin's Hadoukyuu.

Why bring Momo's BJK? I don't think we need to include it this early. We haven't seen how it really goes. And plus, we had this discussion before that so bringing that out is a bit off.

And FYI Hadoukyuu had broke a racket's strings. Ishida Tetsu's Hadoukyuu broke Gin's racket strings.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Prince-of...8/page008.html

Ishida's 12th Style Hadoukyuu blew Kawamura on the benches. Momo only had his wrist broken. Big difference.

Like in the anime in Oishi VS Kawamura, Oishi placed his shots all far away from Taka so Hadoukyuu would be weak or not even able to be performed at all.
    I reckon Yagyuu could do that with Laserbeams and Shut down Ishida.
    It's never safe to bring an anime filler to be of evidence.

The Laser Beam that Yagyuu used against Niou did really curved. But we really haven't seen more of that. But, at the very least, maybe, yes, it maybe Yagyuu's key to win against Gin.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=LunaLuca;2591723]
    Quote Quote:
    Why bring Momo's BJK? I don't think we need to include it this early. We haven't seen how it really goes. And plus, we had this discussion before that so bringing that out is a bit off.
    Quote Quote:
    And FYI Hadoukyuu had broke a racket's strings. Ishida Tetsu's Hadoukyuu broke Gin's racket strings.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Prince-of...8/page008.html
    Completely forgot man.
    Perfect example.

Ishida's 12th Style Hadoukyuu blew Kawamura on the benches. Momo only had his wrist broken. Big difference.

Quote Quote:
    It's never safe to bring an anime filler to be of evidence.
    Fair enough

Quote Quote:
    The Laser Beam that Yagyuu used against Niou did really curved. But we really haven't seen more of that. But, at the very least, maybe, yes, it maybe Yagyuu's key to win against Gin.
    At least you can acknowledge that
    I just see Yagyuu as practically as strong as Niou.
    Which is not too far from the likes of Fuji.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Son of a gum chewing funk monkey, I have to post here again...

Either way the primary reason why Gin is ranked so high is due to his 108 Hyadokyuu's, most of us old timers see Gin killing someone with his 80+ Hyadokyuu's. It' doesn't matter if their better players if their dead. He only needs 1 shot. Plus his serve i like a Hyadokyuu. Most PoT players will have a hard time even returning that all game.

But as I'm one of the primary people that ranked him so high I though I should state our logic.

Where Gin stands though is in constant flux. Once we see more of Gin we'll know whether or not he needs to drop. Right now all we see him doing is throwing people into the sky (Koharu).

I made a post on JAC a while ago to remove him entirely from the tier list. He's like Kabaji a stupid hard person to place. On one had he can push Tezuka to the limit, on the other he loses to Jiro....
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

New Reply
Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast