Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; December 16, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Incredible. One official match and Akutsu is above Atobe... Kintarou too... Just put Sanada on the top too.
    Last edited by mystictapion; June 09, 2012 at 01:14 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mystictapion View Post
    Incredible. One official match and Akutsu is above Atobe... Kintarou too... Just put Sanada on the top too.
    Akutsu and Atobe are in the same tier yet, they are pretty much even. It doesn't really care how many matches each player has played. Since his first appearance, Akutsu has been described as a total natural, one of the top players in the region even though he almost didn't train. Just imagine how much can he evolve with U-17 hard training!
    Nothing suggests that he belongs to a lower tier than Atobe (who is one of my favourite characters, btw, I'm not an Atobe hater AT ALL).

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Akutsu and Atobe are in the same tier yet, they are pretty much even. It doesn't really care how many matches each player has played. Since his first appearance, Akutsu has been described as a total natural, one of the top players in the region even though he almost didn't train. Just imagine how much can he evolve with U-17 hard training!
    Nothing suggests that he belongs to a lower tier than Atobe (who is one of my favourite characters, btw, I'm not an Atobe hater AT ALL).
    Nothing suggests that he is better than Atobe, but Akutsu just have one match to evaluate him... Dude, nevermind, It's hard to discuss in a thread that everybody want Sanada and Yukumira on the top no matters what...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing suggests that he is better than Atobe, but Akutsu just have one match to evaluate him... Dude, nevermind, It's hard to discuss in a thread that everybody want Sanada and Yukumira on the top no matters what...
    Your WRONG here. I love Yukimura but im not pushing for him to be at the top since I know he cant beat Tezuka.
    To be fair, WHO is better than Sanada and Yukimura? NOT MANY. There REALLY arent that many.
    If you like, I can explain to you in detail as to WHY Atobe and MANY OTHERS wont achieve a win against either of them.

Konomi himself states Yukimura and Ryoma as Top of the Middle School Tennis World, in the manga at the Regionals Niou Masaharu states that the three best MSers are Tezuka, Yukimura and Sanada. The storyline puts them at the top. NOT us here.

So despite you being wrong in saying we put them at the top since we dont have them at the top of our tier, their places on the tier are justified.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I was talking Akutsu/Kin > Atobe, I wasn't saying that Atobe could win them (maybe Sanada).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu can hit 5 at once. Just like Kintaro as far as the manga is concerned.

The reason we have Akutsu > Atobe on our tier is that he can hit a shot from any physical position. As stated by Konomi.
    This means Atobe Kingdom and World of Ice arent really effective.
    So Atobe no longer has any absolute shots against Akutsu.

Akutsu can hit 5 at once while Atobe cannot as far as we know. After Mountain Coach Mifune told Ryoma and Kintaro they need to hit at least 10 at once to be able to compete with Tokugawa and Oni, it means that the amount of balls you can hit DOES matter in terms of ability.

Now, Akutsu had training apparently in America before coming here.
    So nothing in the storyline suggests Atobe > Akutsu really. Akutsu > Atobe is debatable I agree. Atobe's Insight is really something. Honestly they are likely of equal strength.
    Atobe has had all the glorious screentime in the world and has had TWO full matches. More than anyone else in Shin Prince of Tennis, yet he hasnt done anything to show he is at the very top level.
    Atobe Kingdom requires such a high level of focus that he was unable to continuously use it. Luckily he has the amazing Tannhauser Serve which is great in Tie-breaks, so I can accept Atobe > Akutsu, but also Akutsu > Atobe.

I'll put this question out the whole forum really on Atobe VS Akutsu then.

And dont whine, just give a reason as to why our tier is wrong. Dont just say ''one official match''.
    How many matches is is a weak argument and also irrelevant.
    Yukimura had just ONE official match against Ryoma. We ALL knew he was better than almost every other MSer at the end of the Nationals.
    From one match we knew how good Shiraishi was.

we are not gonna put Sanada at the top. Tezuka is the best as far as we know.

I was talking Akutsu/Kin > Atobe, I wasn't saying that Atobe could win them (maybe Sanada).
    Your saying Atobe can beat Sanada? Or am I interpreting this totally wrong lol.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love seeing Atobe kicking Sanada's ass, yet I've have to admit Sanada is in a better tier (it has been discussed 200 times).

+ Everything Airgrimes said.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, I'm talking about Akutsu/Kin > Atobe. But you are changing the subject...

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, I'm talking about Akutsu/Kin > Atobe. But you are changing the subject...
    "Everything Airgrimes said"
    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Akutsu can hit 5 at once. Just like Kintaro as far as the manga is concerned.

The reason we have Akutsu > Atobe on our tier is that he can hit a shot from any physical position. As stated by Konomi.
    This means Atobe Kingdom and World of Ice arent really effective.
    So Atobe no longer has any absolute shots against Akutsu.

Akutsu can hit 5 at once while Atobe cannot as far as we know. After Mountain Coach Mifune told Ryoma and Kintaro they need to hit at least 10 at once to be able to compete with Tokugawa and Oni, it means that the amount of balls you can hit DOES matter in terms of ability.

Now, Akutsu had training apparently in America before coming here.
    So nothing in the storyline suggests Atobe > Akutsu really. Akutsu > Atobe is debatable I agree. Atobe's Insight is really something. Honestly they are likely of equal strength.
    Atobe has had all the glorious screentime in the world and has had TWO full matches. More than anyone else in Shin Prince of Tennis, yet he hasnt done anything to show he is at the very top level.
    Atobe Kingdom requires such a high level of focus that he was unable to continuously use it. Luckily he has the amazing Tannhauser Serve which is great in Tie-breaks, so I can accept Atobe > Akutsu, but also Akutsu > Atobe.

I'll put this question out the whole forum really on Atobe VS Akutsu then.

And dont whine, just give a reason as to why our tier is wrong. Dont just say ''one official match''.
    How many matches is is a weak argument and also irrelevant.
    Yukimura had just ONE official match against Ryoma. We ALL knew he was better than almost every other MSer at the end of the Nationals.
    From one match we knew how good Shiraishi was.
    Besides, they are ALL in the same tier, the three are kinda even and everyone could win. Akutsu being 1 place above Atobe shouldn't bother you that much...

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

READ my post.
    I strongly covered Akutsu > Atobe. Do you have any sufficient evidence at all to go against what I have given?
    Be like others here who say what they dont like about our tier and give reasons why.
    Whining is useless if you have no reasons to back up your problems with the tier.

Now, I gave a perfect argument for Akutsu VS Atobe, and so far they are equal since you cant say for certain either will definetely defeat either.
    I CAN however change them to being equal on the tier, depending on the feedback of a few others on here.

As for Tooyama Kintaro > Atobe Keigo, Tooyama can hit 5 at once, has the Super Stamina, Strength and Speed as stated.
    He is fast enough to create over 20 clones.
    He is strong enough to force Ibu Shinji into retiring after just 3 games without actually playing a violent tennis like Date Danji, Kirihara Akaya and Hakamada Izou do.

His stamina is seemingly equal to Ryoma's as he had less sweat than Ryoma however Ryoma was in Muga the whole time which explains it. In stamina Ryoma > Atobe..

His most powerful smash is said to be more dangerous than 108th Hadoukyuu.

Atobe has nothing against the attributes I just mentioned. However his Insight based techniques such as Atobe Kingdom and World of Ice will take him through to tie-break with Tooyama taking him out on stamina.

Your feedback on this is welcome mystictapion

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Now that I think about it btw,
    In the match of Date Danji/Ban Rikiya pair VS Nakagauchi Sotomichi/Miyako Shinobu pair,

Nakagauchi and Miyako were in slightly better state although still wrecked and gruesome, than Kawamura Takashi/Kabaji Munehiro pair.
    I reckon that Nakagauchi and Miyako in fact put up a better fight than Taka and Kabaji did.

Its likely Date is just THAT good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nakagauchi and Miyako were in slightly better state although still wrecked and gruesome, than Kawamura Takashi/Kabaji Munehiro pair.
    I reckon that Nakagauchi and Miyako in fact put up a better fight than Taka and Kabaji did.

Its likely Date is just THAT good.
    Truth be told, I think so as well. The only reason Kawamura/Kabaji even won is because a total fluke. If the ball never 'hopped' into the air and hit the light, I'm pretty sure Date would've dogged them. The Danji Springtime and Danji Summertime were just too good of techniques for those guys to return. Remember how they got sent flying at the same time? Not even one of the 108 Hadokyuu's or Toyama's Super Ultra Great Delicious All-Out Mountain Storm can do that.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Truth be told, I think so as well. The only reason Kawamura/Kabaji even won is because a total fluke. If the ball never 'hopped' into the air and hit the light, I'm pretty sure Date would've dogged them. The Danji Springtime and Danji Summertime were just too good of techniques for those guys to return. Remember how they got sent flying at the same time? Not even one of the 108 Hadokyuu's or Toyama's Super Ultra Great Delicious All-Out Mountain Storm can do that.
    Gin's 22th Hadoukyuu almost send Kawamura out of the stadium. A 108th Hadoukyuu is sure stronger than Danji No Haru

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

READ my post.
    I strongly covered Akutsu > Atobe. Do you have any sufficient evidence at all to go against what I have given?
    Be like others here who say what they dont like about our tier and give reasons why.
    Whining is useless if you have no reasons to back up your problems with the tier.
    Actually, Echizen use Akutsu sliding during his match with Atobe and it got counter using World of Ice.

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27198...apter-301.html

Atobe explain why that is on the next page, here.

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27198...apter-301.html

The point of blind spot is that it's a spot you CANNOT react to no matter what. That's its very definition. I still think Irie "erasing" blind spot is pretty stupid in itself. Akutsu most likely can't react to Atobe Kingdom. The shot that's confirm it'd been used and return, the arm get dislocated. If Akutsu truly doesn't have any blind spot, it means absolutely no shot will get pass him, so it will means that he WILL 6-0 any players he play with. If that is what you want to try to debate with, I don't think it's a good one.

Akutsu hitting 5 and Atobe cannot isn't really argument I want to use. If that's the case, put Echizen, Sanada, Akutsu, and Kintarou above any other in the entire series who have not shown to hit 5 at a time. Yukimura also only been confirmed 2 at a time at best. I don't think it should give that much to an argument.

I want to say to make it clear because my point normally isn't: I do think it's possible for Akutsu to beat Atobe. However, his track score right now is..

Lose against Echizen who have not unlock the good move yet.
    Beat National Kawamura

His track score just isn't impressive, yet. I'm SURE he'll be awesome. But I think you are giving him too much benefits of doubt right now. I'm going to wait until Akutsu match to see more on the matter.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Gin's 22th Hadoukyuu almost send Kawamura out of the stadium.
    True. But, what does that have to do with anything?

Quote Quote:
    A 108th Hadoukyuu is sure stronger than Danji No Haru
    How can you be so sure? If you look at it, while Rikiya was definitely taken aback by the 108th-Degree's power, Date pretty much dodged it as if it were nothing. In fact, in that whole act, Date was only ever really impressed by Kawamura and Kabaji's will power to hold up the falling floodlights despite their injuries. It's implied that while Rikiya definitely wouldn't have been able to hold back the 108th's power, it was only because of honor that Date decided to give them the badges, and not because he feared it's power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    True. But, what does that have to do with anything?

How can you be so sure? If you look at it, while Rikiya was definitely taken aback by the 108th-Degree's power, Date pretty much dodged it as if it were nothing. In fact, in that whole act, Date was only ever really impressed by Kawamura and Kabaji's will power to hold up the falling floodlights despite their injuries. It's implied that while Rikiya definitely wouldn't have been able to hold back the 108th's power, it was only because of honor that Date decided to give them the badges, and not because he feared it's power.
    I sayed that because if Danji No Haru sends the player to the fence and hurts him badly, and when Gin hit a 22th Hadoukyuu that sent Kawamura almost out of the stadium, how can't a 108th Hadoukyuu not be able to do that? A 108th Hadoukyuu would kill you if it hits your face, Daisharin is stronger (more dangerous) so if it hits you then game over.

I recognize Danji No haru is very strong, but I can't think that is stronger than 108th Hadoukyuu who broke a floodlight. Date gave them their badges due to their chivalry act, totally messed up, as Kawamura and Kabaji should have lost.

I'm just saying that Daisharin or 108th Hadoukyuu can send you miles away from a tennis court, Danji No Haru can't do that.

New Reply
Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast