Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Tooyama > Atobe. I now believe Atobe > Tooyama.

How can Kintaro overcome World of ICe? let alone AK.
    World of Ice, a technique which can only be used by one who has talented insight into the opponent's blind spots on the court. Being that Kintaro can jump all up and around the court at will, this doesn't really seem to be much of an issue. Hell, we've seen him jump out of the court and then jump right back in. His wild tennis style would completely overcome World of Ice.

Atobe Kingdom is a skill that hones in onto the opponent's absolute blind spots; the areas that their skeletons cannot allow them to reach at a given point in time. The only confirmed way we know of to overcome this technique is to dislocate one of your joints. You can't really "beat" this move. Even Jusaboro and Tsukimitsu had to "bear with it" for a while.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Tooyama > Atobe. I now believe Atobe > Tooyama.

How can Kintaro overcome World of ICe? let alone AK.
    Clone Technique
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Clone Technique
    But Atobe Kingdom doesnt allow the opponents bones to move. So Tooyama can't use his CLone Technique.

Surely if Tooyama cannot react to Atobe Kingdom, then Atobe will take several games.
    Its only coz Tooyama has the Volcano Serve and Mountain Smash why he wont drop games.

They are both known to have amazing stamina.
    So I was at first thinking Tooyama > Atobe. But now im not so sure.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

But Atobe Kingdom doesnt allow the opponents bones to move. So Tooyama can't use his CLone Technique.

Surely if Tooyama cannot react to Atobe Kingdom, then Atobe will take several games.
    Its only coz Tooyama has the Volcano Serve and Mountain Smash why he wont drop games.

So, about last discussion we had about Atobe and Niou and how Atobe can win Sanada. What was the conclusion?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mystictapion View Post
    So, about last discussion we had about Atobe and Niou and how Atobe can win Sanada. What was the conclusion?
    We are yet to see Atobe use AK consecutively point after point for many games. I believe it must be due to the focus or something it requires why he hasnt used it point after point for a long time.
    We have however seen Sanada use Rai for what was over 9 games straight.

---------- Post added August 22, 2012 at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was August 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM ----------

Spoiler show

Removed Oni after Kaoz told us that Kaji ''says beyond the black jack knife'' all beat up.
    This means what we got against Nationals!Momoshiro doesnt even compare to what he can really do.

If he can do 10 ball return + Black Jack Knife then BEYOND it. We can't even measure his current abilities.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that AK let Atobe see the absolute blind spots of his rivals, but they were still able to move. I mean, if Kintarou starts jumping and running around with his clones like a maniac I think that there won't be any blind spots.
    fapfapfap

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that AK let Atobe see the absolute blind spots of his rivals, but they were still able to move. I mean, if Kintarou starts jumping and running around with his clones like a maniac I think that there won't be any blind spots.
    That is through speed.
    Just Troll!Irie's speed stat was 6, and Atobe Kingdom worked on him.

I don't know if Kintaro's speed is 6 or above, personally I cannot tell if it is above since we haven't had the stats of Oshitari Kenya, Kikumaru Eiji, Kamio Akira and Shishido Ryo's stats for comparison.

But personally I do not believe him faster than Kenya. So surely his wild speed cannot be caught in a single moment with the help of Atobe's Insight.

Considering Atobe can catch a Mach Serve through Insight which is a small ball moving beyond the eye speed of most players, I reckon he can catch a fast human with his insight.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

That is through speed.
    Just Troll!Irie's speed stat was 6, and Atobe Kingdom worked on him.

I don't know if Kintaro's speed is 6 or above, personally I cannot tell if it is above since we haven't had the stats of Oshitari Kenya, Kikumaru Eiji, Kamio Akira and Shishido Ryo's stats for comparison.

But personally I do not believe him faster than Kenya. So surely his wild speed cannot be caught in a single moment with the help of Atobe's Insight.

Considering Atobe can catch a Mach Serve through Insight which is a small ball moving beyond the eye speed of most players, I reckon he can catch a fast human with his insight.
    I'm really hoping that someday Konomi will make a stats sheet and end all this stats problems. To me, the fastest is Kenya, followed by Kamio and then Kintarou. Then Kikumaru and Shishido.

Maybe if someday there's a SPOT game it'll have official stats... but that's dreaming too much.

Edit: oh and back to the Atobe vs Kintarou thing... I don't know, it's a match that we surely won't see (and if it happens, it'll have a lot of plot power involved) so I can't add anything to the AK vs Clones...
    Last edited by Hardy; August 22, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Removed Oni after Kaoz told us that Kaji ''says beyond the black jack knife'' all beat up.
    This means what we got against Nationals!Momoshiro doesnt even compare to what he can really do.

If he can do 10 ball return + Black Jack Knife then BEYOND it. We can't even measure his current abilities.
    I don't think that matter. We also can't measure "serious" Irie true ability. It's entirely a secret. Yes, he beat no 20 with it. But Oni also beat (sub) no 5 with his serious self. Going by this logic, you should remove Irie as well.

Otherwise, you can put in Irie in a position that was confirmed (as in, Irie vs Atobe match), and also put Oni in the spot that was confirm (vs Momoshiro+Kintarou)
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if someday there's a SPOT game it'll have official stats... but that's dreaming too much.
    As far as I know, the stats that were used in the PoT games have very little to do with actual ones and aren't by Konomi. So even if there is a SPoT game, I wouldn't take anything from there.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't think that matter. We also can't measure "serious" Irie true ability. It's entirely a secret. Yes, he beat no 20 with it. But Oni also beat (sub) no 5 with his serious self. Going by this logic, you should remove Irie as well.

Otherwise, you can put in Irie in a position that was confirmed (as in, Irie vs Atobe match), and also put Oni in the spot that was confirm (vs Momoshiro+Kintarou)
    Agreed.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

I'm really hoping that someday Konomi will make a stats sheet and end all this stats problems. To me, the fastest is Kenya, followed by Kamio and then Kintarou. Then Kikumaru and Shishido.

Edit: oh and back to the Atobe vs Kintarou thing... I don't know, it's a match that we surely won't see (and if it happens, it'll have a lot of plot power involved) so I can't add anything to the AK vs Clones...
    Kamio and Kenya cannot make clones.
    Kintarou and Kikumaru can. So I personally question Kamio's speed. But then a Databook did say he is Kanto's fastest.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

In all seriousness, if Atobe can catch a small ball with Insight moving faster than any player has moved in the series with his Insight.
    I have a feeling he will catch a Wild Human.

I personally don't think wildness can stop Atobe's improved Insight. It's here now, that I can see Atobe's massive improvement.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamio and Kenya cannot make clones.
    Kintarou and Kikumaru can. So I personally question Kamio's speed. But then a Databook did say he is Kanto's fastest.
    I think it's a matter of knowing how to do it. Like Kamio and Kenya are supposed to be faster than Kikumaru, but they can't do what Kikumaru can because they don't know how the step works, or something along those lines.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I think it's a matter of knowing how to do it. Like Kamio and Kenya are supposed to be faster than Kikumaru, but they can't do what Kikumaru can because they don't know how the step works, or something along those lines.
    Makes sense, so it also means its hard to figure our where Kintaro fits in terms of the three we mentioned.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense, so it also means its hard to figure our where Kintaro fits in terms of the three we mentioned.
    Hard to say. I think Kintarou and Kikumaru aren't that fast if you're going by pure speed, but they are really flexible and have Wild Tennis and Sealed Step respectively, so they appear faster than they really are.

You guys are also forgetting about Richard, who is probably about as fast as Kenya (basing this off the panels when the losers return, they both appear on the courts at the same time).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Hard to say. I think Kintarou and Kikumaru aren't that fast if you're going by pure speed, but they are really flexible and have Wild Tennis and Sealed Step respectively, so they appear faster than they really are.

You guys are also forgetting about Richard, who is probably about as fast as Kenya (basing this off the panels when the losers return, they both appear on the courts at the same time).
    Ohh crapp. Your good at this man.
    I forgot. Richard is possibly the epitome of fodder in this series so I forget about him.

Yeah Richard was said to be fast as hell. Richard relies on speed too.
    I think it would make sense that Kenya and Richard being the fastest for the reason that they have no special shots. They rely 100% on Speed.

While Kamio, Kikumaru and Kintaro all have special shots.

New Reply
Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast