Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

I don't see why Gin can't be a top tier player tbh. How many player would even try and return a 20+ Hadoukyuu? He doesn't need speed or anything, as long as you completely batter someone in PoT, then it's your win.

Also, when Kawamura is that bloodied against Gin, he wins because Gin's wrist is broken but when he had a match against Kabaji, his hand was bloodied and he had to stop...
    Last edited by Bowser; September 09, 2011 at 07:21 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jyten View Post
    Son of a gum chewing funk monkey,
    Im totally gonna start using that.

And yeah, I'd rather we saw another Singles Match involving Ishida Gin before we cement his ranking place.
    Considering we only saw him PWN his lil bro and Kamio with Oshitari Kenya, and PWN Kawamura only to lose in the end.

That tie-breaker didnt reveal enough since it was against Koharu who hasnt been shown as an amazing Singles player although his form of Data Tennis was freakin awesome I thought.

But yeah hopefully Ishida Gin will through him a bit of screentime.

My next query was...

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Shishido VS Kawamura/Kikumaru/Kai/Kamio/Ibu/Sengoku.

Shishido cant beat either of them.

Shishido should be a tier below I believe.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to ask for people's thoughts about Kawamura's position, now that he got that power up.

The main problem I personally have when ranking him, is that we don't know how many high level Hadokyuus he can hit, as unlike Dash Hadokyuu, the various styles concentrate all damage on his arm.

If anyone has opinions on Fuwa, Hakamada, Mitsuya or Akiba, I'd like to hear those as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuwa is a weak character, so I'd say he's problably about Shishido's level

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    I'd like to ask for people's thoughts about Kawamura's position, now that he got that power up.

The main problem I personally have when ranking him, is that we don't know how many high level Hadokyuus he can hit, as unlike Dash Hadokyuu, the various styles concentrate all damage on his arm.

If anyone has opinions on Fuwa, Hakamada, Mitsuya or Akiba, I'd like to hear those as well.
    Youve ignored my Qualm with Shishido...
    I dont think he and Kikumaru are on the same skill level.

As for Fuwa, I mean, he was probably slapped 6-0?
    I hated this BJB arc. We still have NO IDEA what any of the scores were....

Mitsuya is above Yanagi but below Inui....
    So Mitsuya is on Kirihara level?
    Taira and Hara are on Kenya's tier level? Considering the manga has shown Kenya did NOTHING although I was looking forward to seeing him use a move for the first time.

Hakamada crushed Matsudaira.... but he's No.14 and below Fuwa.... Not sure......

Akiba? hahahaha Does it matter now? Im guessing Konomi will make him fodder like he did with the 3rd Court.
    But if so, I would say Akiba is like at least Lower Mid? Since he was a 1st Stringer after all, and he did get destroyed by the guy who destroyed Atobe.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

As for Fuwa, I mean, he was probably slapped 6-0?
    I hated this BJB arc. We still have NO IDEA what any of the scores were....

Mitsuya is above Yanagi but below Inui....
    So Mitsuya is on Kirihara level?
    Taira and Hara are on Kenya's tier level? Considering the manga has shown Kenya did NOTHING although I was looking forward to seeing him use a move for the first time.

Hakamada crushed Matsudaira.... but he's No.14 and below Fuwa.... Not sure......

Akiba? hahahaha Does it matter now? Im guessing Konomi will make him fodder like he did with the 3rd Court.
    But if so, I would say Akiba is like at least Lower Mid? Since he was a 1st Stringer after all, and he did get destroyed by the guy who destroyed Atobe.
    Well, both Fuwa and Hakamada aren't on the same level, I would say Hakamada is better cause Fuwa has nothing dude, he is useless, for me is kinda a weak character and I don't know how he was a 1st stringer before. I suppose that Yuki owned him 6-0 easily. Kenya and Momo maybe won 6-1 and Oishi/Niou won 6-0 also (holy tits, that's ownage). Irie maybe won 6 - 3 because he dropped some games pretending, Inui, don't know about it, and Kintarou maybe 6-1, so in general, the first stringers were owned.

Inui, by defeating Mitsuya, should be much above Renji, and below him Mitsuya. I think he is now the strongest data player on Japan.

I hope the ex-first stringers don't become fodder, and become stepping walls in order to make other characters improve

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, sorry about that. I'd like to sort out the upper tiers before getting to the lower ones.

No need to bother with Taira and Hara for now, as I don't want to rank them for singles.

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Well, both Fuwa and Hakamada aren't on the same level, I would say Hakamada is better cause Fuwa has nothing dude, he is useless, for me is kinda a weak character and I don't know how he was a 1st stringer before. I suppose that Yuki owned him 6-0 easily.
    Fuwa was even with Yukimura before the Yips kicked in, which means his stats are pretty good probably. Furthermore, he can play blind, which has it's advantages in some situations.

As a point of reference, this is how I want to sort the upper tiers:

Spoiler show

I'm not sure where to put Kawamura, as I said before. Currently I'm leaning towards between Chitose and Tachibana though.

Given that we haven't seen much of them, I consider not ranking Fuwa, Mitsuya and Akiba. Hakamada showed Vanish at least, so that's something, but we don't really know anything about the others.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rank Kawamura on upper mid, because of his power up and teh Hadoukyuus.

Fuwa was even but not totally with Yukimura, he just got yipped and proved that he is way inferior. Since Yukimura can make people dream now, I would put him below Echizen and Tezuka, like you said, I think it's fine that way, just putting Kawamura on uper-mid would be good

And Echizen should be only on god, not in top
    Last edited by LetalHawk; October 11, 2011 at 01:54 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, both Fuwa and Hakamada aren't on the same level, I would say Hakamada is better cause Fuwa has nothing dude, he is useless, for me is kinda a weak character and I don't know how he was a 1st stringer before.
    Thats how I feel. But their must be a reason why Hakamada is No.14 and Fuwa is No.11
    Perhaps Yukimura owned him too quickly?
    Im guessing Fuwa does have a technique of his own, since Konomi has his left arm in bandages.
    Konomi typically makes Lefties badass in this series. (Echizen, Tezuka, Niou, Chitose, Shiraishi, Kite etc.)

I suppose that Yuki owned him 6-0 easily. Kenya and Momo maybe won 6-1 and Oishi/Niou won 6-0 also (holy tits, that's ownage). Irie maybe won 6 - 3 because he dropped some games pretending, Inui, don't know about it, and Kintarou maybe 6-1, so in general, the first stringers were owned.
    Yeah lol, but not the Mutsu twins match.
    Remember how Niou and Oishi were exhausted but the Mutsu Twins were relaxed?
    Im guessing the twins took a couple games at least.

Inui, by defeating Mitsuya, should be much above Renji, and below him Mitsuya. I think he is now the strongest data player on Japan.

I hope the ex-first stringers don't become fodder, and become stepping walls in order to make other characters improve
    I wish the EXACT same. If they could be stepping stones, they could be FANTASTIC anime-matches.
    Just the idea of Shiraishi VS Taira or Hara VS Marui (two volleyers) is exciting.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats how I feel. But their must be a reason why Hakamada is No.14 and Fuwa is No.11
    Perhaps Yukimura owned him too quickly?
    Im guessing Fuwa does have a technique of his own, since Konomi has his left arm in bandages.
    Konomi typically makes Lefties badass in this series. (Echizen, Tezuka, Niou, Chitose, Shiraishi, Kite etc.)
    Hakamada's only technique is Vanish, and Vanish is only good because the opponent doesn't know where it's coming from (due to not being able to see it). As Fuwa can play blind, I would assume that he can break Vanish because he doesn't need to see it in the first place, and he's probably above Hakamada stats wise.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hakamada's only technique is Vanish, and Vanish is only good because the opponent doesn't know where it's coming from (due to not being able to see it). As Fuwa can play blind, I would assume that he can break Vanish because he doesn't need to see it in the first place, and he's probably above Hakamada stats wise.
    Do you mean when he blindfolded himself?; yuki yipped him and he couldn't do nothing, so I doubt that he would easily return Hakadama's Vanish. I'm agree with you tough that he is better than him stats wise

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah Fuwa is probably higher in stats.
    Im guessing Fuwa does have a technique of his own, since Konomi has his put left arm in bandages.
    Konomi tends to make Lefties badass in this series. (Echizen, Tezuka, Niou, Chitose, Shiraishi, Kite etc.)

But its a shame Yukimura instantly yipped the poor dude.

Hopefully we see Fuwa in a Full match be it Doubles or Singles. I dont mind.
    I just wanna see a full match in this series again.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

yeah Fuwa is probably higher in stats.
    Im guessing Fuwa does have a technique of his own, since Konomi has his put left arm in bandages.
    Konomi tends to make Lefties badass in this series. (Echizen, Tezuka, Niou, Chitose, Shiraishi, Kite etc.)

But its a shame Yukimura instantly yipped the poor dude.

Hopefully we see Fuwa in a Full match be it Doubles or Singles. I dont mind.
    I just wanna see a full match in this series again.
    Since its quite difficult to judge a tier level without seeing the player play matches much.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean when he blindfolded himself?; yuki yipped him and he couldn't do nothing, so I doubt that he would easily return Hakadama's Vanish. I'm agree with you tough that he is better than him stats wise
    He wasn't yipped at the beginning of the match, and rallied evenly with Yukimura at that point (while wearing the blindfold).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't yipped at the beginning of the match, and rallied evenly with Yukimura at that point (while wearing the blindfold).
    True. I forgot about that.
    He can rally at a high level blindfolded.
    I just realized that is definetely a good reason to be at his position.

This makes me want to see him in another match now.

To move on from Fuwa, Lets deal with Hakamada.

He mopped Matsudaira, but Matsudaira, is on our Mid tier...

I was thinking maybe Matsudaira is not on Angel Kirihara's level, and that we drop Matsudaira a tier lower, and replace with Hakamada?

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Matsuidara is inferior to Kirihara and Hakamada, so doing what you're saying is fine- On the other hand, Yukimura yipped Fuwa after rallying with him, but even if he can keep up with Yuki, stats wise is inferior, Yuki has more stamina, technique and power.

New Reply
Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast