Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

  1. #1
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Singles Tier List

    Singles Tier List

    Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show


    Spoiler: U-17 Singles show


    Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show


    Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

    Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

  2. #826
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    -Krauser "seaweed" (ahem to Yagyuu)
    -Kaidoh shot to the face
    -Provoke by 3rd court

    The only exception I see when he just activated it in middle of match with Renji.
    According to the Pair Puri, Kirihara's desire to win has also something to do with when he enters DM. Basically for him it gets triggered when he gets humiliated and wants to beat his opponent really badly (the first part is evident in the first three scenarios you listed whereas the second part is likely stronger against Renji, although he got completely destroyed there as well). For Kaidou I think he doesn't have that kind of feeling when it's only about himself, so the only chance I could see for him entering DM would be in doubles, but then his partner would probably snap him out of it.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #827
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    According to the Pair Puri, Kirihara's desire to win has also something to do with when he enters DM. Basically for him it gets triggered when he gets humiliated and wants to beat his opponent really badly (the first part is evident in the first three scenarios you listed whereas the second part is likely stronger against Renji, although he got completely destroyed there as well). For Kaidou I think he doesn't have that kind of feeling when it's only about himself, so the only chance I could see for him entering DM would be in doubles, but then his partner would probably snap him out of it.
    Yeah, that makes more sense to me now that you list all these things. Nicer personality end up being a downfall in this situation. I guess it's fine not to take that into consideration in singles, then. If Tezuka crush him that hard and devil mode doesn't appear, it would appears that he won't trigger it off himself for sure.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #828
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Devil Mode got changed from a generic 'always positive buff' to 'serious side effects' between POT and NPOT. The POT version is almost like Muga without side effects (and presumaly why Kirihara was pushed into that direction instead of just learning Muga). You can't tell me that there's supposed to be a stamina penalty when Kirihara looks like on the verge of death against Krauser while down 5-0 and then won 7 games in a row without breaking a sweat and yet there's supposed to be a stamina penalty. Aside from possibly selling your soul to the devil there's really no visible side effects of Devil Form in POT. The NPOT version obviously has serious side effects.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #829
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Phantron pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    Konomi changed DM when we reached SPoT.
    However, Kirihara and Kaidoh are similar in Devil Mode emotional snaps.

    The only reason Kirihara tapped into it easier is because he has Yagyuu/Niou as teammates.
    They are the most loveable jackasses in the series. You don't realize they are jackasses until you analyze the things they have done.
    Because the whole Rikkai squad trust Yagyuu who speaks fluent English, he decides to tell Kirihara that the foreigners dissed his hair and called him a bastard.
    Niou uses his impersonation abilities to impersonate the opponent and also call Kirihara a bastard.

    If Kaidoh had teammates like Yagyuu/Niou dissing his hair or calling him a bastard whenever he is losing he will probably enter DM pretty quick lol.

    ---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

    Personally I thought the tie-breaks were extremely reflective of what would happen in real matches.
    And Kenya 3 - 7 Shiraishi is completely legit result and there is no evidence pointing in the other direction I'm afraid.

    Yushi 7-0 Mukahi
    Fuji. S 7-0 Fuji. Y
    Yukimura 7-1 Sanada (Without the assumption that Konomi was going to give Sanada what atm is the biggest boost out of the MSers so far)
    Kikumaru 7-4 Oishi (Kikumaru wouldn't have dropped a point if he played seriously from the start, he didnt use Seal Step)
    Kamio 7-5 Ibu (Kamio never used Mojuu no Aura)
    Kite 7-0 Kai
    Chinen 17-15 Tanishi
    Marui 10-8 Jackal
    Ootori 9-7 Shishido

    Everything here is pretty much legit and how a match would go

    @Ken
    I must say I disagree with Kenya > Yushi personally.
    I think he is the better cousin.

    If you remember the Closed Mind thing that raped and ripped apart Nationals!Momoshiro, sure Momo was holding back power but its not like Kenya has power like Momoshiro.
    The whole F&D, DFDR, SSAS stuff, I don't see Kenya being able to read any of those.

  8. #830
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Personally I thought the tie-breaks were extremely reflective of what would happen in real matches.
    And Kenya 3 - 7 Shiraishi is completely legit result and there is no evidence pointing in the other direction I'm afraid.
    I do think it's completely legit. The main reason why is because of this little score over here

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yushi 7-0 Mukahi
    If they are playing truly in a short match, I can't imagine cancer being bad at all. In PoT, he's mention again and again to be a beast. He even is better at Kikumaru in Acrobatics. Stamina is his supposedly downfall (and that become extremely huge in 3 set match format as presented in the manga right now). The reason he lost 7-0 is that Konomi is showing the tier of the characters by disregarding the short match aspect completely.

    You can also add Niou/Yagyuu match. Yagyuu is superior in term of base stats (I think...?), but Niou wasn't using his illusion. And no illusion is actually a very HUGE debuff on Niou. Remember that Fuji was owning Niou completely until illusion start triggering. And no, this doesn't really go against my point earlier. You can also look at Kamio match, who didn't use beast aura in his match, hence, the more even score between the two players. That's similar to how illusion isn't used in this match, but Niou, well, lose instead of win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I must say I disagree with Kenya > Yushi personally.
    I think he is the better cousin.

    If you remember the Closed Mind thing that raped and ripped apart Nationals!Momoshiro, sure Momo was holding back power but its not like Kenya has power like Momoshiro.
    The whole F&D, DFDR, SSAS stuff, I don't see Kenya being able to read any of those.
    How would you compare National! Momoshiro with 4 counter Fuji? I don't really knows that answer, to be exact.

    "Reading" become less of a deal when you had the speed to increase your court coverage. Other than hard to read path, Yuushi doesn't have any real destructive power. While the trick will probably be successful at some point, I don't think it's as clear as you say it is. And 4 ball at once shows that Kenya needs to have a fine reaction time to be able to react to 4 different balls as well as the speed to back it up (but well, no one is doubting that Kenya had the speed to begin with) because if you lack reaction speed, the ball will just simply go past you. That's why I think Kenya is superior.

    Yuushi downfall is owning cancer so hard he miss the chance at mountain training camp. Mountain camp seemed to improved the players a ton more.

    EDIT: I'll like to ask about Niou's syncho. Can you syncho with everyone off bat at the start of double match? He syncho with Atobe when the pair is in great peril (which would pass the condition of entering syncho that is shown in PoT match with Hyoutei). Yes, he syncho with Mutsu, but Mutsu and golden pair both are players that can activated syncho of their own free will. Atobe is not. It could have been the same, but it could have been different. I don't really have an opinion on this matters, but just some food for thoughts.

    I don't knows what to think of Niou's place in the tier. This is singles tier, correct? In singles, Niou is pretty much National! Tezuka right now. Regardless of his ability as gameshark syncho, it won't do anything. That'll be in doubles tier.
    Last edited by -Ken-; February 19, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  9. #831
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    How would you compare National! Momoshiro with 4 counter Fuji?
    Lol... every time I come on here and see one of Ken's posts, he always says something I disagree with. Yuushi is Hyotei's Fuji. Kenya is Shitenhouji's waterboy. Both characters are portrayed in entirely different ways with two completely different tennis styles. Kenya is speed. That's it. Yuushi is a technician. Stop trying to compare people to Fuji when trying to put a gauge on Kenya. I already demonstrated how your whole basis for that is nonsensical. Notwithstanding the fact it is a massive assumption on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    If they are playing truly in a short match, I can't imagine cancer being bad at all. In PoT, he's mention again and again to be a beast. He even is better at Kikumaru in Acrobatics. Stamina is his supposedly downfall (and that become extremely huge in 3 set match format as presented in the manga right now). The reason he lost 7-0 is that Konomi is showing the tier of the characters by disregarding the short match aspect completely.
    There is nothing anywhere that says Cancer lost to Yuushi because of stamina. Cancer was the first one defeated in the tiebreak matches, and all he does is tell Yuushi he was a jerk for not letting emotions get in the way. It was a short match. Literally. 3 pages.

  10. #832
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Lol... every time I come on here and see one of Ken's posts, he always says something I disagree with. Yuushi is Hyotei's Fuji. Kenya is Shitenhouji's waterboy. Both characters are portrayed in entirely different ways with two completely different tennis styles. Kenya is speed. That's it. Yuushi is a technician. Stop trying to compare people to Fuji when trying to put a gauge on Kenya. I already demonstrated how your whole basis for that is nonsensical. Notwithstanding the fact it is a massive assumption on your part.
    I think I display why your way of thinking is nonsensical too. So what? In my opinion, you're the one with massive assumption. If I'm you, I'll be listing all the crap about future match and Konomi rule and what Konomi intends this character to be that you have said before right now, and end with I rest my case. But I'm not that rude.

    I go by establish facts in the manga. And let me corrects you,

    Yuushi is Hyotei's Fuji who almost lost to Momoshiro if his ball didn't go in. He says this himself.

    Here's a support from the manga, by the player himself.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c278/

    And to add to it,

    Yuushi is Hyotei's Fuji who almost lost to Momoshiro if his ball didn't go in, and would have lost to National! Momoshiro right now in the current format of 3 set match because even if he won the first match, his hand is out for the rest of the two match. .

    Well, that seems very impressive.

    If you disagree with a man himself, well, I don't knows what to say. If it's a speculators, sure, there are reasons to disregard it. But since this is the player himself, I don't see why it should be disregard. And yes, comparison to Fuji is valid. If Kenya can possibly beat 4 counter Fuji, what can Yuushi do? Almost losing to National Momoshiro is not an accomplishment.

    If you don't like 3 set match, too bad. It's not my fault Konomi is making current match best of 3 set match.

    Hyoutei is not as good of a school as Shitenhouji. I make a thread on that once, and I don't recall people suggesting that Hyoutei can win without some lucky shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    There is nothing anywhere that says Cancer lost to Yuushi because of stamina. Cancer was the first one defeated in the tiebreak matches, and all he does is tell Yuushi he was a jerk for not letting emotions get in the way. It was a short match. Literally. 3 pages.
    It's not what I said at all. Do you know how to read?

    The reason he lost 7-0 is that Konomi is showing the tier of the characters by disregarding the short match aspect completely

    He disregard the stamina.
    Last edited by -Ken-; February 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #833
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    How would you compare National! Momoshiro with 4 counter Fuji? I don't really knows that answer, to be exact.
    Well... For some reason... Momoshiro has "forgotten" his Calm Insight?
    With that, and the fact that Momoshiro was holding back against Yushi,
    I can't be sure how 4thCounter would do.
    Would Fuji need Kirin Otoshi to stop a Dunk Smash at Nationals? Or could he do it with Higuma Otoshi?
    Momoshiro isn't returning Tsubame Gaeshi or Hakugei.
    It all depends on whether or not 4thCounter!Fuji could stop a 100% Dunk Smash.
    4thCounter!Fuji > Nationals!Momoshiro I think.
    Because Momo forgot his Nature Insight immediately after that match.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    "Reading" become less of a deal when you had the speed to increase your court coverage. Other than hard to read path, Yuushi doesn't have any real destructive power.
    Just the fact that we saw Shiraishi win against Kenya with a drop shot means that if Kenya can't predict whats gonna come next at all, then there is a limit to court coverage and that he won't catch it.
    If Kenya sprints the wrong way at high speed, its not easy to sprint in the other direction immediately.
    SSAS and F&D are gonna be a serious problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    While the trick will probably be successful at some point, I don't think it's as clear as you say it is. And 4 ball at once shows that Kenya needs to have a fine reaction time to be able to react to 4 different balls as well as the speed to back it up (but well, no one is doubting that Kenya had the speed to begin with) because if you lack reaction speed, the ball will just simply go past you. That's why I think Kenya is superior.
    I do think we should take Xball into consideration but not too much.
    For example, Tanishi has 4ball, Yanagi, Inui, Fuji, Shiraishi, Atobe, Kite, Chitose, Tachibana and Niou do not.
    So Tanishi is now stronger than those that I mentioned?

    I think it only becomes a significant tier difference once that person reaches 10ball.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Yuushi downfall is owning cancer so hard he miss the chance at mountain training camp. Mountain camp seemed to improved the players a ton more.
    That is everybody's downfall except Atobe and Tezuka.
    Being too strong to lose to your opponent so that the opponent who's ass you kicked went away and came back able to defeat you.
    It pisses me off how much better Mountain Training is than this more or less crap U-17 Camp training.
    All those HSers from 5th Court downwards are a waste of Japanese Government funds.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I'll like to ask about Niou's syncho. Can you syncho with everyone off bat at the start of double match? He syncho with Atobe when the pair is in great peril (which would pass the condition of entering syncho that is shown in PoT match with Hyoutei). Yes, he syncho with Mutsu, but Mutsu and golden pair both are players that can activated syncho of their own free will. Atobe is not. It could have been the same, but it could have been different. I don't really have an opinion on this matters, but just some food for thoughts.
    Niou can Synchro with anyone. Fact.
    If he can Synchro with anyone off the bat I doubt. I think he needs to be pressured as well as take time to get an accurate illusion.
    Since anyone who plays tennis knows that it can take a few games to get fully into a match that you're playing.
    Example is the few games it took to become Tezuka.
    Either way he is the best Doubles player in the series hands down.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't knows what to think of Niou's place in the tier. This is singles tier, correct? In singles, Niou is pretty much National! Tezuka right now. Regardless of his ability as gameshark syncho, it won't do anything. That'll be in doubles tier.
    He is Nationals!Tezuka, but can use his abilities longer before getting pain on his elbow.
    However, remove Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami...
    Since we are yet to see that move in SPoT.
    I don't know if Konomi has scrapped those moves from the series like he seems to have scrapped Standard Muga from the manga.
    Niou would go just above Atobe and I always thought of them as equals/parallels once Atobe had finished getting his ass handed to him by Irie.

    Considering with high technique stats Hyakku Ren can no longer be a threat.

  12. #834
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    @Yuushi/Kenya

    As you can see, it seem to be more even than you think But well, as I said, it's probably the same tier. It won't be shut out by either side for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Niou can Synchro with anyone. Fact.
    If he can Synchro with anyone off the bat I doubt. I think he needs to be pressured as well as take time to get an accurate illusion.
    Since anyone who plays tennis knows that it can take a few games to get fully into a match that you're playing.
    Example is the few games it took to become Tezuka.
    Either way he is the best Doubles player in the series hands down.
    In that case, I would agree. Longer to activate isn't a problem. It might be a problem if they play 1 set match, but they are playing 3, so...

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    He is Nationals!Tezuka, but can use his abilities longer before getting pain on his elbow.
    However, remove Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami...
    Since we are yet to see that move in SPoT.
    I don't know if Konomi has scrapped those moves from the series like he seems to have scrapped Standard Muga from the manga.
    Niou would go just above Atobe and I always thought of them as equals/parallels once Atobe had finished getting his ass handed to him by Irie.

    Considering with high technique stats Hyakku Ren can no longer be a threat.
    Can use ability longer isn't really any more benefits here, though, because they are playing in 3 set match. I think Tezuka! Niou can beat Atobe in 1 set match, but in 3 set match, I predict the score will be 6-0 (In case of phantom), 6-7, and 0-6, with Atobe coming out on top. Phantom will never last a full set match ever from what we've seen so far.

    Of course, Tezuka Zone is wayyy better for dealing with Atobe than Phantom. But Atobe break Tezuka Zone before with his insight. But I don't know if he can use his insight in that way along with using Atobe Kingdom.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  13. #835
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Atobe obviously cannot break TZone and use WoI line at the same time. If he could he'd have used it against Ryoma already. Assuming Niou doesn't change his illusion (he should just copy Ryoga or Byodouin or Oni and it'd be an easy win) it'd basically end up as a battle of only basic moves because their moves cancel each other out. It seems pretty clear that Tezuka could've comfortably outlasted Atobe in an endurance game back in the Kantou tournament if he didn't past injuries to worry about, and Niou doesn't have an injury to worry about. Yes both improved since then but I'd say Tezuka's improvement easily outstrips that of Atobe's, so there's no reason why Tezuka can't beat Atobe in a straightup match that involves no special moves. So Niou should win something like 7-5 or 7-6 X 2.

    For the synchro issue, Niou can illusion as people he barely met so all he has to do is illusion as his doubles partner. The only case it might not work out well is if his partner is way better or way worse than him. The latter case is self explanatory but the former case would be say Niou try to illusion as Tezuka while at nationals while partnered with Tezuka. Since he's said to be considerably weaker at that point, there might not be much point for the real Tezuka to synchro with a weaker version of himself.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #836
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Can use ability longer isn't really any more benefits here, though, because they are playing in 3 set match. I think Tezuka! Niou can beat Atobe in 1 set match, but in 3 set match, I predict the score will be 6-0 (In case of phantom), 6-7, and 0-6, with Atobe coming out on top. Phantom will never last a full set match ever from what we've seen so far.

    Of course, Tezuka Zone is wayyy better for dealing with Atobe than Phantom. But Atobe break Tezuka Zone before with his insight. But I don't know if he can use his insight in that way along with using Atobe Kingdom.
    Atobe winning?
    Look at it this way.
    Niou survived 12 games + 46+ points using ZSS and TZone/T Phantom non-stop.
    This means he can hit ZSS for 12 games without his arm damaging.
    Atobe cannot return ZSS. Atobe will have to stop using his WoI and AK if he wants to stop TPhantom or TZone.
    This is heavily in Niou's favour.
    6-4 7-5 with a Niou win.

  16. #837
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Atobe winning?
    Look at it this way.
    Niou survived 12 games + 46+ points using ZSS and TZone/T Phantom non-stop.
    This means he can hit ZSS for 12 games without his arm damaging.
    Atobe cannot return ZSS. Atobe will have to stop using his WoI and AK if he wants to stop TPhantom or TZone.
    This is heavily in Niou's favour.
    6-4 7-5 with a Niou win.
    If someone like Mouri is shown to return ZSS and Atobe is shown to return Mach, I don't think Atobe returning ZSS is that out of question, at all.

    The first match will most likely go into tie break. All Atobe have to do to is to drag that out as long as possible.

    ZSS deals much more damage to the arm than Phantom. Tezuka match with Sanaada show this. That's why Niou is mostly using Phantom more than ZSS.

    And Niou did not use much ZSS/Phantom during those 12 games compare to tiebreak.

    And clearly, same way that Atobe can't spam Atobe Kingdom freely, Niou also can't spam Tezuka Phantom and ZSS freely. Otherwise, we would have saw him end the tiebreak 7-0. Tezuka is shown to be getting many consecutive games with those two move (until Sanada pulls out Rin).
    Last edited by -Ken-; February 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  17. #838
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    The special moves really don't matter (and Niou has a rather significant advantage there since Tezuka's moves are a strong counter to Atobe's) because Tezuka is significantly stronger than Atobe baseline. The only reason Atobe was even able to catch up in Kantou was because Tezuka hurt his shoulder, and Tezuka even lasted a while even though he can no longer serve in the tiebreaker. Niou's inability to copy Tezuka perfectly is insignificant compared to the fact that Niou has no previous injury to worry about. There's no reason to believe Atobe somehow bridged the gap between him and Tezuka at Kantou. If anything I'd argue Tezuka has left him further behind. Tezuka is more than capable of beating Atobe at his own game (endurance match) if he didn't have past injuries to worry about.

  18. #839
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    If someone like Mouri is shown to return ZSS and Atobe is shown to return Mach, I don't think Atobe returning ZSS is that out of question, at all.

    The first match will most likely go into tie break. All Atobe have to do to is to drag that out as long as possible.

    ZSS deals much more damage to the arm than Phantom. Tezuka match with Sanaada show this. That's why Niou is mostly using Phantom more than ZSS.

    And Niou did not use much ZSS/Phantom during those 12 games compare to tiebreak.

    And clearly, same way that Atobe can't spam Atobe Kingdom freely, Niou also can't spam Tezuka Phantom and ZSS freely. Otherwise, we would have saw him end the tiebreak 7-0. Tezuka is shown to be getting many consecutive games with those two move (until Sanada pulls out Rin).
    Returning Mach was due to Atobe's Insight. Nothing to do with Technique.
    Mouri in terms of technique should be better than Atobe.
    Considering Mouri uses no special moves or abilities and was NO.10 by pure stats strongly supports this.

    The first match, Niou will absolutely positively keep his serve. That's three out of 6 games.
    Niou can use TZ to get around AK and WoI.
    Atobe's Tannhauser Serve isn't taking more than a few points.

    And actually Niou did use TPhantom for 45+ points.
    Aswell as over 8games.
    Therefore in Singles he will be able to win against Atobe over three sets.

    The reason the tie-break wasn't 7-0 was simply because Mouri and Ochi were that good.
    Mach Serve is something Atobe couldn't even confidently return.

    Niou can spam TPhantom freely.
    He began after a few points into the tie-break so it could never have been 7-0.
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/76
    and
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/76/6.


    Irrelevant, but perhaps the most painfully, stupid and arrogant decision in the series.
    Costed the bastard his badge.
    Spoiler show

  19. #840
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The special moves really don't matter (and Niou has a rather significant advantage there since Tezuka's moves are a strong counter to Atobe's) because Tezuka is significantly stronger than Atobe baseline. The only reason Atobe was even able to catch up in Kantou was because Tezuka hurt his shoulder, and Tezuka even lasted a while even though he can no longer serve in the tiebreaker. Niou's inability to copy Tezuka perfectly is insignificant compared to the fact that Niou has no previous injury to worry about. There's no reason to believe Atobe somehow bridged the gap between him and Tezuka at Kantou. If anything I'd argue Tezuka has left him further behind. Tezuka is more than capable of beating Atobe at his own game (endurance match) if he didn't have past injuries to worry about.
    Do Tezuka really leave Atobe behind? Atobe manage to keep up with Irie in a tiebreak when he would have lost 6-0 before when he gets Atobe Kingdom. That shows how much Atobe improve. I can't believe that's not enough to bridge the cap between Atobe and National! Tezuka. There's even a quote from the coach on Atobe's growth have been exceptional.

    SPoT Tezuka is another thing entirely, he's in god realm now, but PoT Tezuka?
    Last edited by -Ken-; February 21, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts