Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Didn't Inui dream about how his match ended (score) and about Niou doing Hoshi Hanabi in the Nationals' Finals (even though it had a different name)?
    He faints, so he do have to knows how his match end in term of score before he faints. He used data tennis and keep all kind of memory in his head. And well, his dream on Niou crushing Fuji was clearly wrong because Fuji beat Niou. And even if it look similar, having different name is enough to warrants it as different tech. Danji no Haru/Natsu and Duke Homerun? Looking similar is not enough to say that it's the same tech at all.

Anyways, seriously, I think that dream that Konomi ways of foreshadowing Hoshi Hanabi. Or it could be that Inui's data improve to the point where he can predict Fuji's new tech based upon the time knowing him as well as knowing Fuji's 5th counter.

Either way, I don't see much relation as to way Fuwa will magically knows Yukimura tech from never playing him at all? Did he just guess it? Or can Yukimura control what kind of dream you're having too? That's far more of an assumption than Fuwa not having his Mirror Eyes in my opinion, as I see nothing at all that suggests that Yukimura can control what kind of dream you're having.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Inui dream about how his match ended (score) and about Niou doing Hoshi Hanabi in the Nationals' Finals (even though it had a different name)?
    Inui knew Fuji was working on a new move so he probably was thinking about it and that reflected in his dream. Sure it was the wrong guy using the move in the dream, but it's a dream after all. Also, this would mean Yukimura just skipped his usual yips, even though that seems to be his go-to move if you assume the whole mirror eyes part is just a dream, and on top of that Fuwa has to correctly dream up what move Yukimura has, despite him clearly not knowing Yukimura ahead of time. The fact that he dreamed he has Mirror Eyes is fine, but the part he somehow knows exactly what move it'll counter against a guy he just met makes no sense.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

This is the English translation for the scene Inui talked about Fuji:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...s/c364/12.html

However in my Chinese version Inui says, "Besides, he (Fuji) finished *that move*".

At least based on the Chinese version Inui is clearly aware that Fuji was working on a new move, so he was thinking about it but it turned into a nightmare. If it's not a translation erorr, it could be something that's changed in the published version, because frankly that statement makes no sense. Fuji has only lost in a singles match once (to Shiraishi), so there's no way to know if Fuji has a perfect record on never losing twice. I suppose he lost in doubles before but he's not supposed to be a doubles player so that'd actually be expected.
    Last edited by Phantron; February 25, 2013 at 03:05 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura made his opponents see them getting crushed before, why is it so unbelievable that he can make them dream of something that makes them win? It's not like it necessarily had to be the mirror eyes, but more like giving them a general idea and Fuwa can easily imagine the rest on his own.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Yukimura made his opponents see them getting crushed before, why is it so unbelievable that he can make them dream of something that makes them win? It's not like it necessarily had to be the mirror eyes, but more like giving them a general idea and Fuwa can easily imagine the rest on his own.
    Because we saw nothing that Yukimura say that suggests he knows what kind of dream Fuwa is having. Yukimura just know that Fuwa is dreaming at best.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c064/5.html

Then, sleeping is generally intepret along dreaming, so he may have his ability is just putting his opponents to sleep.

It is clear that Fuwa didn't know Yukimura before. He even call him "strong middle schooler" even at the end of the match.

Saying that Yukimura can control dream for me is far more of assumption than Fuwa having mirror eyes. The eyes things is at least support by manga panel.

Even if Yukimura can control dream, it doesn't make sense to me as to why Fuwa would be imagining he had an ability he doesn't, because the entire time, Fuwa thought he was playing a real tennis match.

It's just that for one assumption, we can take things as they are from the manga. For another assumption, we takes things from the manga and add another assumption to it to make an assumption. It makes the first assumption more support in my opinion.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, so explain to me why there's a black coloured panel during the match. Did Konomi just feel like doing something different there?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, so explain to me why there's a black coloured panel during the match. Did Konomi just feel like doing something different there?
    Yips create black background during the match with Echizen. Is Echizen dreaming?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately it's not a black background. I guess it's not quite yips then, but it probably also means something... I wonder what it could be...

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately it's not a black background. I guess it's not quite yips then, but it probably also means something... I wonder what it could be...
    Point me to where the black panel start? Is it on the page before Fuwa used Mirror Eyes the very first time? If not, it's not enough proof that Yukimura used a different Yips on Yukimura before Fuwa had a chance to use Mirror Eyes, is it?

Black is associate with Yips, as shown all the way from first time it was use, anyways. Konomi can draw black panel in Yukimura match because he wants the feelings to be that way. Mangaka do this all the time.

There is also time skip between page 2-3 for sure, because there's no way that "Yukimura" could have fall down without falling motion. To Fuwa, at least, I think it look like he think he manage to reflect Yips, play the rest of the match with Yukimura on the floor. And page 2 and page that Fuwa fall down? There's clearly at least some time skip there.

Oh, and on the 1st point between Fuwa and Yukimura, it look to me more like Yukimura was tripping in a different direction that Fuwa hit the ball to. I don't think it's a backhand.
    Last edited by -Ken-; February 25, 2013 at 08:43 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's perfectly fine for Fuwa to imagine he has techs he doesn't have. I mean it's a dream after all. What is not fine is how does he happen to know what tech Yukimura has in his dream? If he imagined that he had Mirror Eyes, that implies Yukimura did not use his regular yips (because he wouldn't be able to reflect it to begin with if he dreamed up his Mirror Eyes). Okay so maybe Yukimura had a hunch that yips wasn't going to work on this guy and just use the upgraded version, but that still doesn't explain why Fuwa in his dream would imagine he has an ability to counter an ability he has never seen before.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    It's perfectly fine for Fuwa to imagine he has techs he doesn't have. I mean it's a dream after all. What is not fine is how does he happen to know what tech Yukimura has in his dream? If he imagined that he had Mirror Eyes, that implies Yukimura did not use his regular yips (because he wouldn't be able to reflect it to begin with if he dreamed up his Mirror Eyes). Okay so maybe Yukimura had a hunch that yips wasn't going to work on this guy and just use the upgraded version, but that still doesn't explain why Fuwa in his dream would imagine he has an ability to counter an ability he has never seen before.
    This is pretty much the situation and why Fuwa just cannot be fully tiered ever. Since the chances of him swinging a racket again in this series is EXTREMELY LOW if someone like Zaizen Hikaru is yet to be seen hitting a ball with a racket so far in the manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Nationals show

Spoiler: Current show

Q: Why isn't <insert character> on this list?
    A: Probably because that character didn't have a proper singles match.

Discuss.
    S

Kimijima/Tohno

Niou/Atobe

Ochi/Muuri

A

Platinum Pair - Yagyuu/Niou

Data Pair - Inui/Yanagi

Marui/Kite

Mutsu Bros

Golden Pair - Kikumaru/Oishi

Niou/Oishi

Taira/Hara

B

Kirihara/Shiraishi

Washio/Suzuki

Yanagi/Kirihara

Emerald Pair - Kaidou/Inui

C

Miyako/Matsudaira

Champion Pair - Marui/Jackal

Two Wings of Kyūshū - Tachibana/Chitose

Dream Pair - Kikumaru/Fuji

Silver Pair - Shishido/Ootori

Kikumaru/Momoshiro

Momoshiro/Kaidou

Idiot Pair - Konjiki/Hitouji

Fuji/Kawamura

D

Momoshiro/Kawamura

Kamio/Ibu

Jimmies - Minami/Higashikata

Bronze Pair - Kurobane/Amane

Gakuto/Yuushi

*Mutsu Bros

Golden Pair - Kikumaru/Oishi

Niou/Oishi

This is a weird one... I see the Mutsu Bros winning against GP, yet it's not that hard to imagine that GP would be good enough to beat Niou/Oishi (as the original always beats the copy)...

And Niou/Oishi beat the Mutsus, just because Niou can interfere in they synchro.
    Just in case someone cares... it's been a while since someone posted tiers

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I propose Nanjiroh. He does have a singles match, against number 1 player in America. Put him in SSS tier . Byoudonin also have his match now with Oni, right?

I don't recall if his match is on internet or not, probably is. I read my PoT first time from the manga volume I brought.

Also, I think Yagyuu/Niou is overrated. How high is Yagyuu? The highest that we confirmed from him is the a little higher from NoIllusion! Niou. How high is NoIllusion! Niou? He got moped by Fuji 3-0, and there's nothing that suggests he will get a single points without Illusion.

Yes, syncho is syncho. But Yagyuu is really not that high up the tier list anymore. I don't even see Yagyuu higher than Mutsu.
    Last edited by -Ken-; February 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I propose Nanjiroh. He does have a singles match, against number 1 player in America. Put him in SSS tier . Byoudonin also have his match now with Oni, right?

I don't recall if his match is on internet or not, probably is. I read my PoT first time from the manga volume I brought.

Also, I think Yagyuu/Niou is overrated. How high is Yagyuu? The highest that we confirmed from him is the a little higher from NoIllusion! Niou. How high is NoIllusion! Niou? He got moped by Fuji 3-0, and there's nothing that suggests he will get a single points without Illusion.

Yes, syncho is syncho. But Yagyuu is really not that high up the tier list anymore. I don't even see Yagyuu higher than Mutsu.
    Considering that Niou + Oishi beat the Mutsus, then anyone better than Oishi would beat them... right?

It would be better to wait if you want to tier Byoudouin (and Oni, btw).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering that Niou + Oishi beat the Mutsus, then anyone better than Oishi would beat them... right?

It would be better to wait if you want to tier Byoudouin (and Oni, btw).
    Niou needs to put himself into Mutsu. Niou+anyone higher than Oishi can beat Mutsu. Niou's a hax code.

I'm talking about when they're fighting against other pair in general that doesn't have syncho. Yagyuu/Yagyuu is 2 (high) mid tier players. They'll probably be stronger than Golden Pair. But well, I knows some people consider Yagyuu to be high tier, but I don't see enough that points toward that for me.
    Last edited by -Ken-; February 27, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Niou needs to put himself into Mutsu. Niou+anyone higher than Oishi can beat Mutsu. Niou's a hax code.

I'm talking about when they're fighting against other pair in general that doesn't have syncho. Yagyuu/Yagyuu is 2 (high) mid tier players. They'll probably be stronger than Golden Pair. But well, I knows some people consider Yagyuu to be high tier, but I don't see enough that points toward that for me.
    If you think Kaidoh is high tier then Yagyuu is too.
    Kaidoh's only attack to put him up there is that he has Tornado + Gyro Laser.
    Yagyuu has Laserbeam and Curving Laser.

You seem to fail to understand that even if Gyro Laser is a better shot than Laserbbeam, Curving Laser is either harder to return or just as hard.
    Gyro Laser is a ball that moves in one linear direction.
    Curving Laser violently curves to the opposite side of the court. with a fast swing reaction you could catch Gyro Laser.
    But with Curving Laser you would suddenly have to sprint to the other side of the court.

You can't read either Gyro Laser or Curving Laser so Kaidoh and Yagyuu are absolutely equal.
    So if you don't rate Yagyuu highly then you must not rate Kaidoh highly its that simple.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast