Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1519

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; December 16, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Spoiler show

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Echizen closing his eyes had nothing to do with him beating KnS, he beat KnS by applying a zone spin.
    But he was running around at that point as oppose to standing still with a Zone, if you could explain what you mean since I honestly assumed the zone hadn't arrived at the page I showed.

Viking Horn was also only used against Kikumaru. You have no way to prove that it wouldn't have given Fuji just as much trouble as Habu did, so it's a moot point.
    No, actually Viking Horn has been used on more opponents than Kikumaru.
    Atobe and Ryoma did shit on Viking Horn. Took it as pretty trivial moves.
    In terms of technique it depends how you rank Regionals!Fuji against Ryoma and Atobe and the ease in which they hit back Viking Horn.
    Since they did it instantly whilst Kikumaru struggled.

Also, with Marui in the way, Ohabu becomes a G10 level Doubles move.
    Do you honestly see Viking Horn being just as effective in the same situation?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But he was running around at that point as oppose to standing still with a Zone, if you could explain what you mean since I honestly assumed the zone hadn't arrived at the page I showed.
    Echizen has to run around because his zone is imperfect, he can only change the course of the ball very slightly and it's just enough to prevent the ball from hitting a blind spot. If you go to the page after the one you linked, you see Atobe realizing why Echizen was able to return the shots.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You're telling me he closed his eyes for the fun of it too then?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe and Ryoma did shit on Viking Horn. Took it as pretty trivial moves.
    In terms of technique it depends how you rank Regionals!Fuji against Ryoma and Atobe and the ease in which they hit back Viking Horn.
    Given that the same Echizen managed to play against Kintarou for over 40 minutes without losing a point, and that Atobe surpassed Kanto!Sanada, I'd say they're both a fair amount stronger than Kanto!Fuji.

Also, with Marui in the way, Ohabu becomes a G10 level Doubles move.
    Do you honestly see Viking Horn being just as effective in the same situation?
    No, but I'm talking about the normal Habu which is certainly not a G10 level move.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

You're telling me he closed his eyes for the fun of it too then?
    No, but the samurai zone is hit with closed eyes.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

In one of the PPs, Tetsu makes a comment that Shiraishi was able to return Gin's Hadokyuus. It's not perfect, but you can argue that at least Shiraishi wouldn't be affected by them. Now there are still other characters that would probably have trouble though.
    So a guy with 3.5 in strength and tech can hit back a shot that made a 65 kg guy fly 20 meters or more?

This doesn't even fit in PoT logic :/

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    So a guy with 3.5 in strength and tech can hit back a shot that made a 65 kg guy fly 20 meters or more?

This doesn't even fit in PoT logic :/
    I think it's possible that he knows how to cancel the Hadokyuus like Gin. If you had picked any other character I probably wouldn't have said anything, you just happened to use Shiraishi as an example.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah cause we know his exact stats... it's aight then, I dunno.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically, Kaoz and I were tier discussing and reached a conclusion a tier of the top half of the U-17 Camp at the best we could based on what we've seen and factoring in the lack of individual tennis.
    Important things to note, tiers are entirely in groups, and within each group is done in alphabetical order. The names don't mean that because one name is directly above the one below it that the given person is stronger than the other.
    This tier is done to group players at each given level.
    This is our conclusion on the what level all of the given players are i.e S tier, A tier and so on

Spoiler show

Added in + and - tiers to show that there's a bit of a gap, but that it's not as big as a normal tier gap would be. As for who has a shot at beating who if they're not in the same tier, I'd say anyone in a - tier could beat someone from the non - tier, and the guys in a non - tier could beat someone from the - tier above (e.g. if you're in B- you can beat the guys in B, if you're in D you can beat the guys in C-).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it funny that Ryoma is somehow drop a tier "assuming that he doesn't have TnK" when he shows it in the manga and Sanada is somehow up a tier assuming that he have 10 ball when he doesn't show it at all in the manga.

I would just drop #11-14 all down to B tier. That, or just move Ban Rikya up to A tier. Moving 11-14 down make more sense in my head, due to the manga stating that G10 is a whole new level.

I'll probably bump Momoshiro up to C tier. Like, come on, he's confirm to beat Taira and Hara, which are both C tier, pretty much solo, with the possible team bonus that they have. That gotta means something.

Chitose doesn't scream C tier to me either, looking at other character in that tier. I thought Yamato would have shut him 6-1 considering the he tied with Tezuka. I'll probably bump Yamato up to C tier and move Chitose down to C- tier.
    Last edited by -Ken-; June 09, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are the Mutsus so high? All we know is that they had better stats than Washio and Suzuki (Tachibana and Chitose had better stats too), I don't think we should tier the bros. Uhm, I thought that some time ago we said that Nakagauchi was around Kirihara and Kaidoh's lvl... and shouldn't Tachibana and Chitose be equal in their tier?

Also,is it possible to have a tier discussion of each group later? Why aren't Gin and Taka tiered?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

On Mutsu, we know that they at least have better stat than Yamato, who is NOT 1st stringer. I can see them above WoK based on what we know so far. I'll put WoK at 1st court level at best for now.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want WoK to go up, I just want the Mutsus to go down lol. They might be 1st string lvl as doubles players, but we're talking about singles. Yamato is a scrub when it comes to stats, everyone said it, so that isn't a big feat .

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see any proof why they might be weak. #2 and #6 pair AND the whole G10 line up should serve more than enough as proof that there is no real # related to line-up (Singles 1 Doubles 1 Singles 2 so forth). It's certainly shows more than pure speculation that people just have just because they want to believe it so.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really interested in discussing that list myself, simply because for everything you brought up, there's no real way to support either side more than the other. I don't want it in the OP either for that reason. Of course you're free to talk about it though.

To answer your question though, Ken, Ochi and Mouri aren't on the same level as the G10 in my opinion and only got bumped up to those spots because Tokugawa and Irie decided to stay behind/not accept the badge. So they're the actual 12/13 and hence in the lower group. As for Echizen and Sanada, just bump them up and down respectively if you see the situation differently, that's why they're labeled like that.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I'll probably bump Momoshiro up to C tier. Like, come on, he's confirm to beat Taira and Hara, which are both C tier, pretty much solo, with the possible team bonus that they have. That gotta means something.
    Agreed on Momoshiro.

I don't want WoK to go up, I just want the Mutsus to go down lol. They might be 1st string lvl as doubles players, but we're talking about singles. Yamato is a scrub when it comes to stats, everyone said it, so that isn't a big feat .
    Mutsu's can go down I agree.
    Yamato can't though... He did far better against Nationals!Tezuka than Kite and Chitose did.
    In fact, the Tezuka that beat Yamato 6-4, was an even better Tezuka than the one who took 6 straight games and DESTROYED Chitose and Kite.
    So Yamato is being really underrated here I think.

Why are the Mutsus so high? All we know is that they had better stats than Washio and Suzuki (Tachibana and Chitose had better stats too), I don't think we should tier the bros. Uhm, I thought that some time ago we said that Nakagauchi was around Kirihara and Kaidoh's lvl... and shouldn't Tachibana and Chitose be equal in their tier?

Also,is it possible to have a tier discussion of each group later? Why aren't Gin and Taka tiered?
    Kawamura and Gin are at the Top of Mid tier.
    In Singles in this Top realm of the tier, all characters here can hit shots at the corners like how Nakagauchi did to Krauser.
    Its not like Gin and Kawamura have ever shown good Speed or agility if you get what I mean haha.

Tachibana can't do a thing against SKnK. Sure he wasn't aiming for Chitose's blind spots, but the fact that Chitose was able to predict at that given moment that Tachibana was aiming for that area on purpose just shows how amazing his prediction was and the advantage he had over Tachibana once SKnK was brought out.

I find it funny that Ryoma is somehow drop a tier "assuming that he doesn't have TnK"
    Yeah, I can understand you on this one definitely. Its just that Konomi is instead, having Ryoma learn the SSS nonsense from Ryoga so it kinda gives the feeling Ryoma knows he needs something as oppose to falling back on TnK which I imagine is about enough at the G10 level.
    Konomi also had Ryoma miss Kintaro's match, meaning he didn't get to see TnK to make him remember he had TnK, that's what I get from it personally.

Sanada is somehow up a tier assuming that he have 10 ball when he doesn't show it at all in the manga.
    Also, true. But he's labeled Assuming 10ao. So he would be in the tier below, however due to the very high likelihood he has 10ao we've put him there with a note by it.

Also, @Ken, Ban was like a helpless fish against 108th Hadoukyuu. We were told Super Megaton Deluxe-- -- is better than 108th Hadoukyuu at Nationals.
    Therefore Nationals!Tooyama > Ban.
    Whereas Hakamada literally wiped the floor with Nationals!Tooyama. So Ban isn't on the same level as the No.14 despite him having a higher number, because Ban is in a Doubles position whilst Hakamada was in one of the highest Singles positions in U-17 Japan.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; June 10, 2013 at 09:29 AM.

New Reply
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast