Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 85 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    How do you figure? Even in doubles, Inui needed 3 games every time to collect data and he actually had someone running around for him there to extend the rallies, but he himself was literally a sitting duck.
    3 games? I thought that against Hyotei and Rikkai getting data took him a whole set... Then again, one could say that those were double matches, but he only gathered data because, as you said, someone was running around for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Because things can become outdated in PoT.
    It has only ever been said Yanagi is the No.3 in Rikkai. Do you still agree with this viewpoint?
    It has never been said Niou is in the "Big3" or 3rd in Rikkai. Now he obviously is the No.3, but we've only got Konomi's word so I'd rather go with what we've seen from Stats and Special moves.
    I have the same view with Akutagawa and Kai.

Neo-Scud Serve is much faster than Scud Serve. I don't think its fair to assume Shishido has suddenly become some beast.
    I do believe that Yanagi would beat Niou, as he would see through the Illusion. Nevertheless, Niou is definetly better as he can turn into freaking Nationals Tezuka.

Back on topic though, you think that Yuushi or Hirakoba got a huge improvement in this camp (in order to be better than their team mates) just like Niou did?

Catching a 190 km/h serve with your hands > returning a 200 km/h serve btw, lol.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    3 games? I thought that against Hyotei and Rikkai getting data took him a whole set... Then again, one could say that those were double matches, but he only gathered data because, as you said, someone was running around for him.
    Against Shishido/Ootori, they were 5 games behind before Inui collected all the necessary data, but 2 of those games were only Ootori scoring with Scud Serve, so naturally he wouldn't be able to gather data during those games.

During the nationals match, it took him until 1-3 to realize that his data was off and he finished fixing it at 2-5, 0-40 (both of the games Inui/Kaidou won were from Waterfall, so basically the same situation as with Scud Serve above), which is essentially 3 games.

Lastly, against Rikkai, his data was wrong from the beginning and he thought he had fixed it at 0-3, at which point Renji declared that Inui had collected the wrong data. The second time he finished fixing it was at 1-5, so 3 games again.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Kamio won it 7-6, and if it had been a 3 sets match the result would had been different.
    On this, since Kamio and Sengoku stamina are both exactly the same, I don't know how much difference it would make. I guess it could be 7-6 the whole 3 set match, though.

@Kaoz, I'll reply to the post you made in the other thread eventually. I finally land a job like... yesterday, after being unemployed after graduating for about 4 months. So I'm just kinda busy right now. There's probably going to be a fair bit of small comments like this. Probably nothing long from me in a long time coming, starting now.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    On this, since Kamio and Sengoku stamina are both exactly the same, I don't know how much difference it would make. I guess it could be 7-6 the whole 3 set match, though.
    I'm not saying that Sengoku's stamina is better than Kamio's. In the match they played, Kamio drained his stamina running like a maniac (in order to win points, otw he would had lost). He barely managed to last a set, there's no way he'd endure 3 sets doing that.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I do believe that Yanagi would beat Niou, as he would see through the Illusion. Nevertheless, Niou is definetly better as he can turn into freaking Nationals Tezuka
    Why do we assume this though?
    Against Yagyuu, I think its clear that Niou was still in his Nationals state and it takes several points before he can activate his Illusion.
    Considering Ochi, Mouri, Mutsu² all fell for this Illusion I don't see why Yanagi wouldn't.
    Sanada even said "Atobe/Tezuka pair this is worth the watch" or something along that line, so I think the Illusion is pretty strong as his own teammates see him as Tezuka.

Back on topic though, you think that Yuushi or Hirakoba got a huge improvement in this camp (in order to be better than their team mates) just like Niou did
    That's pretty much my line of thought.
    I think at Nationals, those PP statements are accurate.
    But now we're at the Genius10 arc and are a 100+ chapters into the U-17 Camp, I firmly think Niou > Yanagi, Yushi > Jirou and Hirakoba >/= Kai
    The fact that they all now have either Stats/Illusions superior to the guy that is "supposedly" above them says that to me.

Catching a 190 km/h serve with your hands > returning a 200 km/h serve btw, lol.
    Lol wtf how?
    He couldn't handle it before MountainTraining I don't see why he should now.
    If you're going to assume Shishido can now hit back Neo-Scud then I could just as easily assume Neo-Scud has gotten faster in this period of time.
    Not to mention the fact that Ootori's rallying has improved as said in the PP's after he lost to a Court6 then defeated one in his next shuffle.

How do you figure? Even in doubles, Inui needed 3 games every time to collect data and he actually had someone running around for him there to extend the rallies, but he himself was literally a sitting duck.
    That's not right.
    One example is Doubles for Hyoutei, secondly he was up against Shishido/Ootori who are most certainly going to be a stronger Doubles pair than Court6.
    Against Hyoutei, the great plot twist of the match was that Mukahi/Hiyoshi purposely played at much fiercer pace and fought against their own data.

They played completely unnaturally. Otherwise Inui's predictions would have been right after like 2 games.
    Against Yanagi/Kirihara, that is different because he was up against a fellow DT player who was aiming purposely to destroy Inui's data as oppose to playing his own natural style.

The only example we have of Inui in Singles with his methods working reasonably quickly from data are Yanagi, Ryoma and Tezuka.
    Funnily enough, these are his only shown Singles matches as his loss to Kaidoh was off-screened.

The difference is 15 kph before anyone is asking.
    Thanks, and I think thats a fairly significant gap, like I said before, if we're assuming Shishido can react faster aren't we to assume Ootori now hits a faster Scud?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

None of that is relevant, the numbers I brought up demonstrated how he did against someone he didn't have the correct data on. If he had to play against a HSer at that time, it would've been the same.

And of course he'll have the correct data in an on-screen singles match, otherwise he'd probably get stomped and it wouldn't be worth showing. Same reason why we'll never see Sanada actually keep up his head on challenge throughout an entire match.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

None of that is relevant, the numbers I brought up demonstrated how he did against someone he didn't have the correct data on. If he had to play against a HSer at that time, it would've been the same.
    How?
    His data gathering abilities in Singles against someone he doesn't know has never been shown yet.
    Fact.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, and I think thats a fairly significant gap, like I said before, if we're assuming Shishido can react faster aren't we to assume Ootori now hits a faster Scud?
    I agree with this, if we give the benefit of the doubt to Shishido because he improved the same can be said to the opposite side (Ootori)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How?
    His data gathering abilities in Singles against someone he doesn't know has never been shown yet.
    Fact.
    Then explain to me why his data gathering ability in singles would be better than in doubles, when he doesn't have Kaidou or Renji to cover for him for a while and as a result would lose points more quickly while being less concentrated on gathering data. If anything, it'd take more time to gather all the necessary data, not less.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question, are we considering Kamio here who can use Mōjū no Aura freely? Kamio who can use the aura freely should easily be on the tier of Sengoku, since he actually beat Sengoku even without that aura and I'm only considering him on Sengoku's tier and not higher because Sengoku has higher stats. If this is Kamio who can't use the aura freely, shouldn't Ibu be raise a tier, since they're pretty even in their tie-break game and Kamio only edged out a win since Ibu made his own cord ball drop on his own side of the court.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelt View Post
    Just a question, are we considering Kamio here who can use Mōjū no Aura freely? Kamio who can use the aura freely should easily be on the tier of Sengoku, since he actually beat Sengoku even without that aura and I'm only considering him on Sengoku's tier and not higher because Sengoku has higher stats. If this is Kamio who can't use the aura freely, shouldn't Ibu be raise a tier, since they're pretty even in their tie-break game and Kamio only edged out a win since Ibu made his own cord ball drop on his own side of the court.
    I was wondering the exact same thing before. Based on the manga match of Kamio and Ibu http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_...2/c008/13.html there is no evidence of the Moju no Aura. Also when he used it before it completely drained his stamina and he had to forfeit his match against shtenhouji.

I also want to bring up a point I mentioned earlier, is Hirakoba actually a C tier character. I think there is evidence he can use the Ohabu freely. He used it in his match http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_...01/c003/5.html . Since he was not playing an extremely tough opponent for him (as he was able to make it to the 6th court) it seems that he most likely can use the Ohabu often. Even the habu itself should be enough to put him as a border line player.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While I personally feel that Kamio can't use Moujuu at any time he wants, there is no real evidence suggesting otherwise. He didn't use it against Ibu, but a number of characters didn't use all of their skills in those matches, so I don't think that's very conclusive. As such, I'd also be in favour of putting him into the higher tier.

That said, if we come to the consensus that he can't use it, I'd rather drop him than raise Ibu. I don't see what Ibu really has over Hitouji and Yuuta at least.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

While I personally feel that Kamio can't use Moujuu at any time he wants, there is no real evidence suggesting otherwise. He didn't use it against Ibu, but a number of characters didn't use all of their skills in those matches, so I don't think that's very conclusive. As such, I'd also be in favour of putting him into the higher tier.

That said, if we come to the consensus that he can't use it, I'd rather drop him than raise Ibu. I don't see what Ibu really has over Hitouji and Yuuta at least.
    I definitely think that Kamio should be in the lower tier. There is nothing showing that he can use it a will and more importantly nothing showing that he can deal with the side effects. He had to forfeit the one match he used it in.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Hirakoba, we should consider that more characters could be able to return Ohabu more easily as well now given that their stats improved.

Also, just so that we don't lose track, from what I can see, the current topics are:
    -Hirakoba to C
    -Ootori to E
    -Kamio somewhere else (depending on whether we assume Moujuu or not)
    -Mizuki (unless that was resolved)
    (Lemme know if I missed anything.)

Once those are resolved, we can move on to the HSers.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Hirakoba, we should consider that more characters could be able to return Ohabu more easily as well now given that their stats improved.

Also, just so that we don't lose track, from what I can see, the current topics are:
    -Hirakoba to C
    -Ootori to E
    -Kamio somewhere else (depending on whether we assume Moujuu or not)
    -Mizuki (unless that was resolved)
    (Lemme know if I missed anything.)

Once those are resolved, we can move on to the HSers.
    Shouldn't Amane E tier too? He did beat Hiyoshi (whose only development from then was the front hop) and he returned the jackknife extremely easily. He's definitely not a C or D tier player but I feel like if Ootori moves up then Amane is a level above the F tier as well. He also beat Kurobane 7-3 in the elimination, who has the same stats which suggests he's stronger than his stats.

New Reply
Page 85 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast