Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

I think CE would seal Kaidou's shot combo. Depending on how SSS works, BJK could potentially break through Heca though. As for Hadokyuu, you already said that due to Gin's and Kawamura's low speed stats, they shouldn't be able to spam it in singles, so that's not that relevant. They also damage the user to an extent.

That said, I'm not opposed to having an extra tier between B and C.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I think CE would seal Kaidou's shot combo. Depending on how SSS works, BJK could potentially break through Heca though. As for Hadokyuu, you already said that due to Gin's and Kawamura's low speed stats, they shouldn't be able to spam it in singles, so that's not that relevant. They also damage the user to an extent.

That said, I'm not opposed to having an extra tier between B and C.
    For Fuji -
    I don't remember Gyro requiring a shot combo? I just though he had to hit it from baseline in that form? Plus, I thought 5th counter isn't anything special when your hitting it. So, it's not to hard to connect with the ball? Same argument for Hadou's

For Taka -
    We might need another tier for him. I don't see him being that high personally, Or I'd just drop him to the lower tier. His abilities are good but his stats are kinda bad. If the person can straight up out play him aka Krauser, Fuji, Niou, Kirihara, Yuushi, ect. Then he can't use his super move. Basically, nullifying his whole chances of winning the match.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you were referring to the whole GL/TS thing, not GL on its own. In which case, what about Yagyuu? Kaidou's laser was supposedly a bit faster, but Yagyuu's technique is much higher, giving him better control over the shot, so they'd probably be equally difficult to return. Also if you return Heca with Hadokyuu, I don't see why the ball wouldn't just go into the net.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you were referring to the whole GL/TS thing, not GL on its own. In which case, what about Yagyuu? Kaidou's laser was supposedly a bit faster, but Yagyuu's technique is much higher, giving him better control over the shot, so they'd probably be equally difficult to return. Also if you return Heca with Hadokyuu, I don't see why the ball wouldn't just go into the net.
    Hmm, Yagyuu, I'm not sure. If he can apply any spin to his laser (did he vs Niou?). That's my only issue with him. However, if it's like Hadokyuu they might be able to aim it a little higher and therefore not shoot into the net. Granted, they are super fast moves so they might just fly out of the court with that strategy.

...oddly enough their best chance is to hit Fuji with it, Kirihara strat. So, that the ball doesn't fly out of the court and they can aim it a little higher. It'd be hard and Yagyuu has a much better chance to do it then Taka.

I see the main power of Gyro being the super spin on it. It should nullify heca. Either way, I think it's possible but not consistent. Perhaps not enough to win the match.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Holy shit Jyten's back haha
    We've had Atobe the king back recently too

Don't think so. If I recall correctly, it basically says that Mitsuya thought he would never lose in data match, so he freely allowed Inui to gather all of his data and didn't try to hide it.
    This clears up my understanding on the matter.
    I'll conclude that Inui remains equal to Yanagi level.
    Inui uses Data better than any DT in the series, but his downfall is his poor stats which forces him to wait 2-3 games to gather it.

Then explain to me why his data gathering ability in singles would be better than in doubles,
    Quite simply less people to gather data from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyten View Post
    Or I'd just drop him to the lower tier. His abilities are good but his stats are kinda bad. If the person can straight up out play him aka Krauser, Fuji, Niou, Kirihara, Yuushi, ect. Then he can't use his super move. Basically, nullifying his whole chances of winning the match.
    Can Krauser do that though?
    Krauser, despite not being listed as one, is pretty much a Power-Player.
    He relies on HB and SC which I feel Kawamura will be able to survive. They'll get locked into an awesomely long match with Kawamura winning due to his inability to go unconscious regardless of being sent towards the sky.
    Is that a high "Consciousness-threshold lol?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jyten View Post
    Hmm, Yagyuu, I'm not sure. If he can apply any spin to his laser (did he vs Niou?). That's my only issue with him. However, if it's like Hadokyuu they might be able to aim it a little higher and therefore not shoot into the net. Granted, they are super fast moves so they might just fly out of the court with that strategy.
    I see Yagyuu as being able to spam his Laser combo to kill off the Hadoukyuu spammers.
    The Laser spammers(Yagyuu/Kaidoh) shouldn't lose to the Hadoukyuu spammers realistically.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Quite simply less people to gather data from.
    How is he going to gather data if he just sucks? In doubles he always has a guy that does the dirty work for him. That's prolly why we haven't seen him playing singles against a guy that he didn't have any data.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

The Laser spammers(Yagyuu/Kaidoh) shouldn't lose to the Hadoukyuu spammers realistically.
    Why? We know that the Hadou spammers can use it as a serve, something that the laser guys can do with their moves.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    How is he going to gather data if he just sucks? In doubles he always has a guy that does the dirty work for him. That's prolly why we haven't seen him playing singles against a guy that he didn't have any data.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Why? We know that the Hadou spammers can use it as a serve, something that the laser guys can do with their moves.
    Uh, that was putting them against each other. Just how well they'd do against the 5th counter. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

For Kaidoh though, he can keep the hadou people running around all day with this snake. It'd see it come to a tie break where he'd win. Due to his stupid stamina and what not.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sucks in what regard though?
    Inui has a 4 in Technique and 3 in Power, and a 3 in Power.
    Considering Inui has a Serve that is at the top level for MSers, Inui can most certainly survive the first 2 games.
    He'll probably keep his service game, scrap around for the next game. And give away one game.
    Either way, 3 games can pass and he can gather data.

Actually, we're yet to see Inui not play against someone he doesn't have data on because during the School tournaments, EVERY Data player had some kind of data on every relevant school. Mizuki, Konjiki, Yanagi and Inui all had data on all schools.
    Regardless of whether or not the particular individuals had met. Remember Yanagi knowing Kaidoh frighteningly well to help Jackal learn Boomerang Snake, or Konjiki knowing Kaidoh so well he could shit on Tornado Snake?
    Or Inui telling people Hiyoshi's hobbies and whatnot?

Which is why I originally wanted to know Inui's scores in the Shuffles to get to the bottom of this.
    Its perfectly valid that Inui is a strong Singles players and just needs to give away 2-3 games before he carries out an act of tennis (g)rape.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

...not really.

Let's imagine he plays against someone he has 0 data... let's say Tachibana as an example (I'm not saying he has no data).

Inui manages to do some aces and gets the first game. How much data can he gather thanks to that? I'd say 0.

Tachibana serves now, and he just rapes Inui because he's incredibly superior, wins every point in around 3 shots. How much data can he gather thanks to that? Again, around 0.

The thing goes on until Tachibana brakes Inui's serve... if he doesn't do it really early.

It's different than in doubles, where Kaidoh kept returning everything and, after all those long points and games (...as Kaoz said, 3) Inui FINALLY had collected his data.

Now then, we can asume that Inui and every other data player has perfect data about any other player in the camp... wouldn't that make Mizuki (who has better stats than Inui) a mid tier character? I don't think so.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now then, we can asume that Inui and every other data player has perfect data about any other player in the camp... wouldn't that make Mizuki (who has better stats than Inui) a mid tier character? I don't think so.
    Yes, it would. Or rather, there is no reason for having a four tier gap or so between Inui and Mizuki. Whether that means Mizuki should be higher than previously perceived or Inui lower is another matter.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it would. Or rather, there is no reason for having a four tier gap or so between Inui and Mizuki. Whether that means Mizuki should be higher than previously perceived or Inui lower is another matter.
    It was a direct question to Airgrimes as he has Mizuki as shit-tier, lol. I agree with you.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

It was a direct question to Airgrimes as he has Mizuki as shit-tier, lol. I agree with you.
    Its all subjective.
    We've yet to see Mizuki do well against someone who's data he has.
    We have however, seen Inui beat Yanagi.

Do you see Mizuki beating Yanagi if he had Mizuki's data?
    Its that simple. I think Mizuki sucks. I don't think he should be in a higher tier than a few guys you have in the bottom one personally.

Inui's stats, are out of the equation once he gets all of his Data perfect.
    From that point on, he just kicks ass.
    Tell me please, can you see Mizuki doing to Mitsuya what Inui did?
    Even if Mizuki was given all of that data? Do you see this happening?

I say not a chance in hell. The gap between them is a big one.

...not really.

Let's imagine he plays against someone he has 0 data... let's say Tachibana as an example (I'm not saying he has no data).

Inui manages to do some aces and gets the first game. How much data can he gather thanks to that? I'd say 0.

Tachibana serves now, and he just rapes Inui because he's incredibly superior, wins every point in around 3 shots. How much data can he gather thanks to that? Again, around 0.
    Baseless.

3 games in Singles? I say 2-3, but fine then. If you insist. 3 games.
    It still does not show Mizuki can be held to a near regard as Inui. Or Mid-tier.
    That's still baseless.

Its crystal clear that Inui's stats hold him back but once he has data then he is a top draw player.
    If you think Mizuki can do what Inui does or even close to what Inui does when he gathers data then whatever.

Mizuki is better than Yuuta as far as we know. Lol.

In fact, Mizuki just arriving at the camp and not having data against his Court6 opponent who beat him is STILL not an excuse.
    Inui and Yanagi and Mizuki had data on Mouri and Ochi despite never meeting them ever.
    So for Mizuki to be unable to gather data on his opponent is pretty unlikely or rather impossible.

Do you really think any of the Data Players would step onto the court with no sufficient data?
    Can you really see Mizuki saying, "I'm a Data Player, but I've got no data. Oh dear".

I'm sorry but why should we assume his Mid tier?

Do you not see Jirou, Sengoku, Krauser, Hirakoba, Kawamura, Hiyoshi crushing Mizuki?? Seriously?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Its all subjective.
    We've yet to see Mizuki do well against someone who's data he has.
    We have however, seen Inui beat Yanagi.

Do you see Mizuki beating Yanagi if he had Mizuki's data?
    Its that simple. I think Mizuki sucks. I don't think he should be in a higher tier than a few guys you have in the bottom one personally.

Inui's stats, are out of the equation once he gets all of his Data perfect.
    From that point on, he just kicks ass.
    Tell me please, can you see Mizuki doing to Mitsuya what Inui did?
    Even if Mizuki was given all of that data? Do you see this happening?

I say not a chance in hell. The gap between them is a big one.

Baseless.

3 games in Singles? I say 2-3, but fine then. If you insist. 3 games.
    It still does not show Mizuki can be held to a near regard as Inui. Or Mid-tier.
    That's still baseless.

Its crystal clear that Inui's stats hold him back but once he has data then he is a top draw player.
    If you think Mizuki can do what Inui does or even close to what Inui does when he gathers data then whatever.

Mizuki is better than Yuuta as far as we know. Lol.

In fact, Mizuki just arriving at the camp and not having data against his Court6 opponent who beat him is STILL not an excuse.
    Inui and Yanagi and Mizuki had data on Mouri and Ochi despite never meeting them ever.
    So for Mizuki to be unable to gather data on his opponent is pretty unlikely or rather impossible.

Do you really think any of the Data Players would step onto the court with no sufficient data?
    Can you really see Mizuki saying, "I'm a Data Player, but I've got no data. Oh dear".

I'm sorry but why should we assume his Mid tier?

Do you not see Jirou, Sengoku, Krauser, Hirakoba, Kawamura, Hiyoshi crushing Mizuki?? Seriously?
    I completely agree with you Airgrimes.

The only thing Mizuki has over Inui is mental strength. Inui has a stat one higher in power but other than that they have the same stats. I don't see mental strength as a huge problem for Inui.

We know special moves cannot be taken account of in stats and one of those moves is data. We also know that Mizuki lost to a 6th court opponent (who he could have gotten data on by watching him play a match in the camp just as Inui watched Mitsuya play Renji).

Inui beat a 1st stringer showing that he can most likely use data tennis more effectively than Mizuki.

As another point, if Mizuki is considered a mid tier character, then Koharu should also be considered a mid-tier character.

Koharu has the same cummulative stats as Mizuki, except 1 lower in power and one higher in speed. Then again with that 1 in power he was able to return the Jack knife.So I doubt that any power Mizuki used against Koharu would cause Koharu any problems.

I think we can all agree that Koharu is just comic relief and does not deserve to be a mid tier character. In the training camp on top of the mountain, he was unable to take the data of the court, while Renji and Inui were. Stats cannot be the way to differentiate data players. Inui has two-thirds of the cummulative stats of Mitsuya, yet with good data he was able to beat him.

Inui's ability to collect data is in more depth than Koharu and Mizuki. Koharu did not account for the spin of the GS tiring his wrists. Mizuki did not account for momoshiro and kaido's improvement mid-match. He also did not account for his data being incorrect.This suggests that he doesn't take into account the personality of the players when making his data. If he had he would have known that Momoshiro's power would increase when kaido's did.

In Inui's decisions he takes account of the individual's personality too. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c133/8.html even though in this case it proved to be wrong, the fact that he does take it into account suggests that the data is more in depth. Furthermore, when his data was wrong, rather than just losing (as Mizuki did to Fuji) he changed the course of the shot.
    Last edited by floman; October 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't put Inui at any tier less than Renji, at the very minimum. He have the lower base stats, but I think he show that he's probably the data player who is confirm that can use data to its fullest potential so far in the series by beating 1st stringer with his low stats. Mitsuya is also confirm to be able to collect data mid battle in the databook, and he also has the mental of 6.

I mean, there will be some cases that Inui won't be able to get data. Maybe in a case like Black Lion Fanfics where top players just appear out of nowhere. But it's not like if they play, say, Germany, Inui is not going to do any research. He's going to. He shows this in PoT and even SPoT.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 20, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I wouldn't put Inui at any tier less than Renji, at the very minimum. He have the lower base stats, but I think he show that he's probably the data player who is confirm that can use data to its fullest potential so far in the series by beating 1st stringer with his low stats. Mitsuya is also confirm to be able to collect data mid battle in the databook, and he also has the mental of 6.

I mean, there will be some cases that Inui won't be able to get data. Maybe in a case like Black Lion Fanfics where top players just appear out of nowhere. But it's not like if they play, say, Germany, Inui is not going to do any research. He's going to. He shows this in PoT and even SPoT.
    The only issue with Inui vs Renji is that Renji's data seems to be far more reliable than Inui's. Also, Inui always second guess's his data. Which ends up screwing him all the time. I can only think of one time Inui was truly confident in his data....and that was against Renji (a player he new from elementary school). Pretty much everyone else trolls his data....

New Reply
Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast