Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Do you see Akutsu beating Niou, Shiraishi or Kite? You should had said that before btw, lol.

About Hakamada... I thought that Data players would find a way to break Vanish. That being said and now that I think about it, he still had a better rank than Mitsuya, so yeah you're right, he should go up.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry lol.
    And yeah, Akutsu won't beat Niou in a 1set match, but in a 3set match, Niou's arm should give way and he'll stop being able to spam Tezuka's moves.
    Akutsu swoops in for the kill afterwards.
    I think Akutsu will beat Shiraishi since I think they mentioned Akutsu's benefit is his unorthodox tennis style and I'm hoping that the whole 10ao thing might have relevance to Akutsu's tennis outside of facing the Oni/Tokugawa bunch.
    I really can't tell with Kite. I mean, his Shukuchiho seems really godly when I think about it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    How does this go against what I've said? The damage goes to their wrists like it always did before.
    You said visible damage. The first time there's been confirmed visible damage was when Gin beat up Kawamura. Before then, Kawamura and Kabaji hurt their wrists when they tried to return it, that much is true, but in general people just got their rackets blasted out of their hands with no damage at all.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I dunno man. Remember Konomi sorta toys with Momoshiro in the sense that Momoshiro's Nature Insight got stolen for when he actually plays tennis in SPoT.
    And also Momoshiro's stat total is the same as Kikumaru's.
    So without BJK, Momoshiro would be in D tier with Kikumaru & Co.
    Then again, Momo's full Dunk Smash nearly rendered Yushi unable to play... Although Momoshiro doesn't even have a 5 in Power. Damn I need time to rethink the MSers lol.

Also, Kamio bt Sengoku, so he really shouldn't be in G Tier imo.
    Well, we once discussed about it, and we agreed that Marui isn't that much better than Kikumaru

I don't like Kamio in G Tier tbh, I think he's more of an F, it's just that Kaoz left him there and no one else besides me said anything about it, lol.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, looking at it from another perspective, should Kamio be an entire tier above Ibu?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

No... and Ibu doesn't really deserve to go up, as he should be around Yuuta's lvl or worse (considering his stats, and the fact that Yuuta forced Echizen to improve back in the day, something that Ibu didn't manage to do).

K, I'm fine with Kamio in crap tier.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think Kenya and Yuushi fine the way he is right now. I don't think anyone in D tier is capable of stealing 4 points from Shiraishi when they play 11 points. Jirou, who got stomp 6-1 by Fuji clearly can't. And so, Yuushi who is #3 clearly can't either.

But if it have to be one or the other, I rather see Yuushi up than Kenya down. I think Yuushi is stronger than Jirou myself, but… what I thought doesn't always translated over well.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

How does this go against what I've said? The damage goes to their wrists like it always did before.
    Because damage to the wrist for a long period have never made any one faint before? And never have even now.

Nobody said they passed out totally from injury.
    They passed out from just being overwhelmed by superior individuals. I originally believe its due to facing upgrades of themselves, but others have said its more likely that its just cause they are superior individuals which is true.
    Also the fact that Kenya/Gin together pretty much annihalate Kamio/Tetsu pair in all 5 stat boxes.
    Nothing to do with MnA draining stamina. I think that's the most out there statement of the debate.
    Yeah, the more they annihilate the enemy, the shorter each shot should be, and so follow that the shorter the game should be. If each ball is 5 rally max instead of 50 (which is much more likely if they're on even skill, which they are not), why would that make you run out of stamina already?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@The list Hardy posted
    I don't like B and C Tier too much personally.

Spoiler show

I think Mitsuya should be in a higher tier, although having him in the same tier as Ochi etc. also doesn't look quite right. So maybe splitting B Tier again would be a good idea, it could look like this:

Spoiler show

Kite and Niou could both be B- as well. For Niou, I think we need to determine how many TPhantoms he actually used against Ochi/Mouri. I think there's an argument to be made for both ~50 and less than 10, which obviously highly impacts who he can win against, even in a 1 set match (8 ZSS and 10 Phantoms are only enough for four and a half games).
    Last edited by Kaoz; November 04, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the list tier that's there, but I think Momoshiro and Yamato can move up, and I think Kite should be move down 1 tier to B- as well. Kite, as good as he is, got 6-0 by Tezuka with simply Hyakuren. I don't see that with anyone else in that tier that way. I think of Yamato as about more or less even with National! Tezuka, so... As for Momoshiro, if you look at Hara/Taira tech/power stats, that cut off a fair bit of people. I think Momoshiro's achievement of soloing 18-19 earn him at least that much.

I wouldn't mind seeing Niou remain in the B+ tier, too.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really feel like Yamato should move up, he only ranked 10th on the 2nd string list and I don't feel like that's good enough to say he'd be able to compete with the No. 17 for instance (ranking wise anyway, GUYU should work pretty well against Mitsuya due to Mitsuya being a data player). I'd like to say more about his actual match-ups, but quantifying his abilities is pretty difficult.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I don't really feel like Yamato should move up, he only ranked 10th on the 2nd string list.
    What do you mean by 10th on the 2nd string list? Sorry I must not have seen this list.

Just wondering in a three set match wouldn't Yamato beat Niou?

Wouldn't Shiraishi, Chitose, Fuji and Tachibana be able to eventually see through Hakamada's vanish? I think that Hakamada should be in the B- Tier rather than B+. After the vanish, there isn't a large difference between Hakamada and the B- tier characters in stats except for power.

Tachibana has a five in power, which is the same as Tooyama. That's without the beat aura.

Shiraishi has a four in all stats (I think this is when he is wearing his gauntlet. The young master says that when he takes off his gauntlet, his power increases but his leg speed does not. Since Shiraishi trains to increase his all-around abilities, he would not change his training to only increase his speed to the same level. So his stats are him with his gauntlet on). If he takes off his gauntlet he can handle Hakamada.

Chitose is a strategist, he can see through the vanish and then activate Saiki to find a way to contain Hakamada's power.

For Fuji as we said before with a 5 in technique you can perfectly return the gate keeper. Hakamada has a 4. If they cannot return it perfectly Hoshi Hanabi wins.

Last to introduce another question shouldn't Hirakoba be in the C tier?

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Disregard the part about Niou and Yamato. If Niou switched to Kabaji or another player who played on instinct (and power) rather than prediction, Niou would win.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think the stronger the player are, the more likely they'll predict their opponent move. There are only a few we know that simply move and hit the ball. I can actually think of Kintarou and Akutsu on top of my head. I think GUYU should work well against most 1st stringer (although with enough stats difference, it wouldn't matter, like shown by Tezuka). He might have harder time trying to get GUYU to work against someone from 10th court, or maybe even 3rd court.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    What do you mean by 10th on the 2nd string list? Sorry I must not have seen this list.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...4/c050/10.html

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Last to introduce another question shouldn't Hirakoba be in the C tier?
    Nobody else has been in favour of this from what I could tell, so for now, no.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

@floman, Kintarou have a eyesight that's incredible (look at databook on Sai post, I think he mention this multiple time). Maybe insane would be more correct of a word. Even in the end, Kintarou do NOT see though Vanish. He simply replicate himself so that it wouldn't matter where the ball go.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    @floman, Kintarou have a eyesight that's incredible (look at databook on Sai post, I think he mention this multiple time). Maybe insane would be more correct of a word. Even in the end, Kintarou do NOT see though Vanish. He simply replicate himself so that it wouldn't matter where the ball go.
    By see through I meant form a a strategy to beat not actually see through. Eyesight has never been that important in returning moves. Good players, like Fuji, can play with their eyes closed and see through techniques with instinct. Let's not forget Kin-Chan is pretty stupid. He returned Abare dame the same way, where as Chitose was able to predict where it was hit.

New Reply
Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast