Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 123 and 124 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 123 and 124 Discussion/Predictions

Chinese Scan

Spoiler: Summary show

Don't have much of the dialogue at this point, but this should do for now. Discuss.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 123 and 124 Discussion/Predictions

Only 2 chapters? Ugh. They were good, though. I can see it already. Ryoma's gonna use Muga to Mega Man Pirates of the World and use it to hit Byodōin with an infinite amount of Twist Serves for payback on everybody he's every injured across the globe. He'll finish it with a Glowing Shot.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; April 03, 2014 at 12:03 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    You have to put me on to that Street Fighter manhua ...

On another note, yes, the fact that tennis players are so casually creating black holes and infinite tennis balls is alarming.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

We're still getting another chapter, yes? Those scans were from 123 and 124, so we still have 125 to go, right?
    There's no 145, only 2 chapters this time around.

There's only one major Street Fighter manga in Hong Kong if you can read it. I doubt there's any translation for it. That one in particular is Street Fighter EX I think, it continued after Ryu and his son accidentally destroyed earth in a fight. Prior to the final fight Ryu was training against Ken inside a black hole, and Akuma was watching outside the black hole and he already called dibs on the winner. Akuma even warned people don't get too close to the black hole because it's err, dangerous. That totally looks like something that could happen in NPOT now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow , i did predict.. that tokugawa would lose, and rymoa would have to step in.
    but not like it happened today.

but will this be a legal match if it even takes place. you cant challenge out of order, or you get kicked out.
    Last edited by ashore; April 03, 2014 at 12:40 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

All right, let's see here... I was really hoping that Kazuya would pull through and take it, but somehow that comment in the fanbook about the injury kept bugging me a bit, so I guess the development isn't entirely unexpected. I'm curious to see where we'll go from here though, obviously Ryoma is going to be Byoudouin's next opponent, but I wonder if they're going to start a new match or just continue from where Tokugawa and Byoudouin left off.

Then, while Byoudouin is most definitely going to lose in the end, I'm still not sure if it's gonna be Ryoma who ends up beating him. There's still Ryoga as well after all. If Ryoma does win though, I would imagine he'll need TnK, since Glowing Shot is useless against Byoudouin's Pirate, and any multi ball move can probably be stopped by Pirates of the World. Another thing to keep in mind is that Byoudouin got hit by a Glowing Shot just like Kazuya did, so he might suffer from that as well as the match goes on.

Lastly, since we saw Ryoma and Ryoga rally with 15 balls, how does everyone expect the likes of Oni and Tokugawa to match up to that?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's said that both characters are shortening their lives so Byodouin's techniques must have a usage limit, even though he doesn't look tired.

I think the number of balls after 10 doesn't matter because Pirates of the World is infinite balls already, and since Pirates of the World is considered a 'world-class' move obviously there are still people out there who can return an apparently infinite number of balls so I don't think there's a linear relationship between your ability after it goes above 10.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I said this before and I'll say it again, I'm sick of Ryoma's challenging strong players attitude. He wants to play a serious match with Ryoga yet challenges Byodoin when he sees what he did to Tokugawa. Guess their "brotherly" bonding got to him.

I don't think PoP will have an effect on Byodoin. I really want to see Ryoga vs Byodoin though. That would be a match worth watching. Maybe Ryoma would get injured too then Ryoga steps in. Then everyone wants to have a match with Ryoga to take his spot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    I said this before and I'll say it again, I'm sick of Ryoma's challenging strong players attitude. He wants to play a serious match with Ryoga yet challenges Byodoin when he sees what he did to Tokugawa. Guess their "brotherly" bonding got to him.

I don't think PoP will have an effect on Byodoin. I really want to see Ryoga vs Byodoin though. That would be a match worth watching. Maybe Ryoma would get injured too then Ryoga steps in. Then everyone wants to have a match with Ryoga to take his spot.
    It was obvious from the beginning of the series that Tokugawa is Ryoma's newest - and possibly most serious - rival after Tezuka. Ryoga is more like his mentor. But Tokugawa was the one that put Ryoma in his place at the beginning of the camp.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    It was obvious from the beginning of the series that Tokugawa is Ryoma's newest - and possibly most serious - rival after Tezuka. Ryoga is more like his mentor. But Tokugawa was the one that put Ryoma in his place at the beginning of the camp.
    IIRC, the databook says that Tokugawa sees Ryoma as his little bro, and that he has some kind of rivalry with Ryoga because of that.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post

It's a shounen manga based on sport that emphasizes singles lol. Why would he NOT challenge the strongest, if that wasn't his attitude he had no business in the camp tbh.

I said it in the spoiler thread, Ryoga is set up to be like...the end goal. Ryoma isn't ready for him yet, wouldn't be surprised if Ryoga is like Rank 0 in actuality or some nonsense. The databook hints that Oni and Byoudouin's stats are immeasurable but people understand their playstyle, meaning there's some idea of how good they actually are, Ryogas are written in such a way that shows that no one knows a single thing about his playstyle/skill level. Especially these:
    Quote Quote:
    -There is high expectation for him in a real match.
    -Technique - ?: Comparable with Byoudouin, it looks like he is endowed with considerable skill. However, his true abilities are currently immeasurable.
    Technique comparable to Byoudouin w/o even knowing the true extent of his abilities is a scary thought lol.
    Last edited by Atobe the king; April 03, 2014 at 12:27 PM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you're slightly misinterpreting Ryoga's data. His stats spread literally says "No Data", like how Byoudouin and Oni had "No Data" when they were first years. Byoudouin's and Oni's current stats however say "Unmeasurable". The reason why they have more precise descriptions than Ryoga is that the camp people at least have an idea of what to expect out of them, even if they can't put their exact strength into numbers, whereas they know next to nothing about Ryoga simply because they didn't know him in the first place. They know he can easily dodge ten balls, and his technique is "comparable" to Byoudouin's because he can do the Glowing Shot.

It doesn't necessarily mean Ryoga's strength is way beyond Byoudouin's, all it means is that they don't know at this point in time.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah my bad, we're mostly on the same page though (they don't know a thing about him). I do think Ryoga will end up being Elder God Crystal Dragon Jesus though.

How does one deal with Pirates of the world w/o black hole I'm really curious.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I have no idea. At the moment it feels like it's on par with the inter-dimensional moves, so I wouldn't be surprised if you needed one of those.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction is that now that Ryoma challenged Byodouin, Fuji will play Ryoga instead. It's going to end in a single page, starting with Fuji down 6-0 5-0 40-0 triple match point, and then Fuji uses some crazy counter, and then Ryoga used some Samurai move and won, and then he'd say that besides Byodouin he's never needed to use this move, though some nerdy looking guy he ran into in Germany came close. Inui will say this means Fuji has surpassed Tezuka (again) and everyone will nod and say how Fuji is an incredible genius.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 123 and 124 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    My prediction is that now that Ryoma challenged Byodouin, Fuji will play Ryoga instead. It's going to end in a single page, starting with Fuji down 6-0 5-0 40-0 triple match point, and then Fuji uses some crazy counter, and then Ryoga used some Samurai move and won, and then he'd say that besides Byodouin he's never needed to use this move, though some nerdy looking guy he ran into in Germany came close. Inui will say this means Fuji has surpassed Tezuka (again) and everyone will nod and say how Fuji is an incredible genius.
    This actually got me laughing out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    It's a shounen manga based on sport that emphasizes singles lol. Why would he NOT challenge the strongest, if that wasn't his attitude he had no business in the camp tbh.
    Idk, I reckon he could tone down his attitude imho as much as I love him. He can't let emotions get to him.
    Just cause his new big bro lost, doesn't mean he has to rush in and play hero.
    I'd rather we just wait for a while lol.

More importantly, I HATE the idea of the same player playing back-to-back on-screen matches in PoT. Absolutely hate it.
    I've had enough Byoudouin for now.
    I'd rather Konomi gave us some Fuji, Shiraishi, Ryoga, Yukimura, Irie.
    Or better yet some WoK and forgotten bros since its not like he's running a Weekly manga anymore.
    (The latter may probably never happen I know haha)
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 04, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast