Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    We all know when Fuji closes his eyes, he is God but even he shouldn't be able to react to blind spots just by "hearing" them.

Sanada has Rai. Well he has Rin in the first place to reduce spin for 5th counter I guess - seeing as it reduced Phantom's spin...

Bible is just a perfect form of tennis which doesnt waste as much stamina - fundamentals. So it isn't entirely Nakaguchi tennis (accurate tennis) but the form is clean and no unnecessary movement. Granted Renji could think of some sort of tactic...and I dunno about Niou being below them, he could pull of a "Chitose" then turn into "Fuji" and finally finish off with some randomer. Saying that, I don't think he will turn into one person every time - he's the kind of person who likes to turn into his opponents enemy - therefore I say he's above them, but it depends one how serious he is.

Ootori will only get to hit his serve once every 4 games. His overall tennis is pretty crap, only to be compensated by Shishido's rising counters. Their inducement formation ain't too bad, but considering Jackal can do Snake too...and the fact he can catch up to most shots. It's not like they can deal with the unpredictable volleys either. Renji/Inui are just Data Syncing. -Transfering data via mind-

Kirihara will just try and murder them.
    I believe the question was whether he even has those Blind Spots with Closed Eyes? I could be wrong though.

Niou, I don't really know where to put him, but as Renji is still one of the three demons and the rest of Rikkai seems to be below them, I'd leave it with Renji>Niou for now. I could seeing him above Shiraishi maybe.

As for Ootori, just because he isn't a great singles player doesn't mean his tennis is bad, it's just better suited for doubles. He has a basic style of tennis, but with his serve, I could see his smash being pretty good as well, also he seems to have a good tactical mind.
    How is Snake gonna break Inducement Formation?

Anyway, I'll put it down as DP>CP>SP for now.

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    My thoughts on the Singles list in the first post.

Tokugawa and Oni should be both be ahead of Ryoma and Yukimura, imho. Tokugawa beat Ryoma, and we have no reason to believe that Yukimura can beat Oni right now. I think Shiraishi should be in High, although at the bottom of that list. Either that or at the top of Lower High. He should definitely be ahead of Fuji and Yanagi. Tachibana should be ahead of Chitose. I would put Momoshiro in Lower High as well, since he's supposed to be on par with Oshitari and Kaidoh, who are there.

For school rankings, I would change Seigaku after Fuji to go Kaidoh>Momoshiro>Inui>Kawamura>Kikumaru>(Arai>Horio)>Oishi

Akazawa should be #1 for St. Rudolph. Also, Shinji should be ahead of Kamio (since Kamio only won on a fluke).
    I'll put Ryoma below Tokugawa and Oni with Yukimura right behind, though I can't really see a reason why Yukimura should lose to Oni, I mean he returned Kintarou's Yama Arashi (apparently without trouble as his jacket remained on his shoulders) and Oni doesn't have anything besides Black Jack Knife. Yips should work on him as well.

Shiraishi should be below Fuji, simply because Niou's copy of Shiraishi was perfect and Fuji beat him down with Hoshi Hanabi. When Niou says the shot is unreturnable, it should go for Shiraishi as well. As for Renji I'd say they are pretty much equal.

I agree with the rest except Akazawa, seeing that both Mizuki and Yuuta were invited to the camp while he wasn't, I think we can assume the other two are better.

Added Crauza and Inui to Lower High.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 09, 2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But isn't blind spot a physical spot on the court. How do you get rid of space you exploit by closing your eyes?

You can't make Kaidoh hit where you want him to because he'll just throw a laser/snake at a random moment. You're gonna seal the middle and the side in one movement. But depends who his partner is I guess.

Quote Quote:
    Oni doesn't have anything besides Black Jack Knife. Yips should work on him as well.
    Exactly what I was thinking...but it looks like Nakagauchi lost to him, but I daresay Nakagauchi doesn't have any dbz move yet, so we'll have to see.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how Closed Eyes would help against Koori, but as it's Fuji we're talking about I can see him being immune against it to some degree.

If I see this right, we currently have two positions to discuss, Renji vs Shiraishi and Oni vs Yukimura? Assuming there are no issues with where I put Crauza, Momoshiro and Inui of course.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    I'll put Ryoma below Tokugawa and Oni with Yukimura right behind, though I can't really see a reason why Yukimura should lose to Oni, I mean he returned Kintarou's Yama Arashi (apparently without trouble as his jacket remained on his shoulders) and Oni doesn't have anything besides Black Jack Knife. Yips should work on him as well.
    Should Yips work on him. Yips can't work if you can't return the shots to begin with, and Oni seems out of Yukimura's league. Remember that he has the whole "hitting ten shots at once" thing. That means his speed and hand eye co-ordination are worlds beyond Yukimura.

Quote Quote:
    Shiraishi should be below Fuji, simply because Niou's copy of Shiraishi was perfect and Fuji beat him down with Hoshi Hanabi. When Niou says the shot is unreturnable, it should go for Shiraishi as well. As for Renji I'd say they are pretty much equal.
    Where did you get the idea that Niou's copy of Shiraishi was perfect? He couldn't even perfectly copy Yagyuu, and he plays with him all the time. Niou's copies are never going to be as good as the real thing. I don't see any evidence from what we've seen so far that Fuji could beat Shiraishi.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    Should Yips work on him. Yips can't work if you can't return the shots to begin with, and Oni seems out of Yukimura's league. Remember that he has the whole "hitting ten shots at once" thing. That means his speed and hand eye co-ordination are worlds beyond Yukimura.

Where did you get the idea that Niou's copy of Shiraishi was perfect? He couldn't even perfectly copy Yagyuu, and he plays with him all the time. Niou's copies are never going to be as good as the real thing. I don't see any evidence from what we've seen so far that Fuji could beat Shiraishi.
    Yukimura returned Samurai Drive, which were literally two balls, I don't see why the Child of God shouldn't be able to return Oni's shots. Oni doesn't seem to place his shots well either, judging from the shuffle match against Momoshiro.

At the time Niou copied Yagyuu it was only a mask, not the Illusion. With Illusion he copied even Auras, so he should be able to copy the way Shiraishi hits balls and how he moves near perfectly. Apart from that I can't see how Shiraishi would return Hoshi Hanabi, as far as it was shown, he has no way to prevent a cord ball when returning the fifth counter, if I remember correctly he also won because Fuji's Hakuryuu went out in the tiebrak.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura should definitely be way better then Oni. I doubt he'll have trouble returning the balls (he returned Ka and Rai without trouble, come on) and once Yips kicks in...its over. I don't see Oni pulling out PoP...but he might be able to "will" himself out of it. There's a reason his nickname is Child of God!
    Last edited by Zatono; June 09, 2010 at 02:07 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Felt like updating this, the new list can be found in the OP.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of this, but I think that the Fuji/Kikumaru pair should move up a pair, as should Yamato. Yamato was beating Tezuka until Tezuka went Muga.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    I agree with most of this, but I think that the Fuji/Kikumaru pair should move up a pair, as should Yamato. Yamato was beating Tezuka until Tezuka went Muga.
    Reasoning please.

As for Yamato, I can't really see it. He loses to everyone above him, except maybe Shiraishi (and even that might be even), just because GUYU doesn't work on quite a few of them and the others are superior in other aspects.

Fuji/Kikumaru I'm unsure about. Fuji is weaker in doubles than in singles and we didn't get to see much of them. It's more likely than Yamato going up in any case.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true about Yamato. GUYU might just have worked because of how well he knew Tezuka's playing style, and how Tezuka worked off of people's actions instead of actually falling the ball. So I guess I concede to you about that point.

And Fuji isn't necessarily much weaker in doubles. He isn't as good as he is in singles obviously, but he's by no means bad. Him and Takeshi were blowing out Fudomine's Doubles team before Hadoukyou came out, mainly because Fuji's Tsubame Gaeshi turned the game around. True that we didn't get to see much of them together, but Fuji's a genius and Kikumaru is a beastly net player (making him perfect for doubles), and the little that we did see of them, they dominated. Plus, Kirin Otoshi and Hakuryuu are both very useful in doubles against the net player.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    And Fuji isn't necessarily much weaker in doubles. He isn't as good as he is in singles obviously, but he's by no means bad. Him and Takeshi were blowing out Fudomine's Doubles team before Hadoukyou came out, mainly because Fuji's Tsubame Gaeshi turned the game around. True that we didn't get to see much of them together, but Fuji's a genius and Kikumaru is a beastly net player (making him perfect for doubles), and the little that we did see of them, they dominated. Plus, Kirin Otoshi and Hakuryuu are both very useful in doubles against the net player.
    That sounds rather solid. I brought it up on JAC and if no one can make a convincing argument against it, I'll move them up.

Moved Fuji/Kikumaru to High Tier, right below Kenya/Gin.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Kaoz; April 07, 2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'd say those two pairs are about even.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated the Singles list. Lower Mid was restructured and looks like this now:

Spoiler show

I will provide reasoning upon request.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand with Hiyoshi.
    Although I wanna ask you are you sure he can be in the same tier as Oshitar. Y?
    Get what I mean?

Yushi is meant to be near Fuji's level.

Also, this tier is the one right below Shiraishi and Fuji's tier right?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I understand with Hiyoshi.
    Although I wanna ask you are you sure he can be in the same tier as Oshitar. Y?
    Get what I mean?

Yushi is meant to be near Fuji's level.
    No, he isn't. Yuushi was introduced as Hyoutei's genius and displayed one of Fuji's counters, but it was never said that they were on or near the same level.

So yes, I think it's perfectly acceptable for Yuushi and Hiyoshi to be in the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Also, this tier is the one right below Shiraishi and Fuji's tier right?
    No, Fuji is in Upper Mid (2 tiers above), Shiraishi in High (3 tiers above).

Also I forgot that we made two more changes:
    -Oni above Irie due to the 2nd String's match order
    -Sanada and Atobe switched places, as Sanada apparently mastered BA and we theorize Atobe's AK to be worse than originally thought

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast