Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Well, you are the ones that made me think that Wakashi is a player capable of rallying and giving a fight against Atobe, Ryoma, Kirihara and Davide (though he lost all those maches) so he'll probably get some points. Tanishi has big bang, that might get 2 or 3 points. And Kikumaru is Kikumaru lol, we have only seen him playing official singles once, yet I don't see any disavantages when I compare him with Kenya (besides speed).
    Well remember Hiyoshi lost to Ryoma only 6-4 and Ryoma did go all out.
    Apparently he gave Kirihara a good match when they were reps for their respective schools in a Newcomer Tournament One Year Prior To The Storyline.
    And we saw him against Atobe.

So really, we can't put him any lower since he has proven to be above that level.

Kikumaru has great abilities. Solid stamina and amazing speed. The problem is that despite Seal Step and all, he only beat Kai 7-6.
    So he can't be a tier level above the lower Higa trio. He must be at their level.

Again, why is Taka below Gin and Shishido one place higher than Chotarou?
    Again i'm not sure on Shishido > Ootori. I don't know who is the stronger one. It could be contested that Ootori is the better one.

Edit: completely offtopic, but I miss the old Sengoku. He used to be the 6th best player in Kanto (or something like that) :/
    Surely you can guess I'm going to tell you he is a forgotten bro lol.
    Yushi, Akutagawa, Amane, Hirakoba and mainly Sengoku all guys who burst on the scene with great reputation and everybody spoke really well of them, but their improvement is near non-existent.

Something we just have to deal with as much as we miss seeing them in Singles matches.

---------- Post added September 12, 2012 at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Airgrimes; September 30, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

I think a new tier should be created for Yukimura and Sanada. I don't think Oni and Irie can be tiered yet, but Yukimura and Sanada are clearly above Niou, Tooyama, Akutsu, Atobe, Shiraishi, Fuji, and Ochi.

Edit: Now that I think about it... I think Atobe should be at the top of the Upper High tier.
    Last edited by TheShiraishi; October 06, 2012 at 03:55 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's fine to tier Irie. It's kinda hard to say how much he improved in the Akiba match, but the one from the team shuffle should work at least.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I think it's fine to tier Irie. It's kinda hard to say how much he improved in the Akiba match, but the one from the team shuffle should work at least.
    What I mean is, there's no doubt he is up to that level but I'd like to see his full abilities shown once. The Stamina stat in particular makes me wonder where his "true self" is. I guess it's Fuji all over again...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually also for Atobe being above Niou. Don't get me wrong, Niou's syncho with everyone is gameshark. But, that's in doubles. As far as I know, this is singles tier, so while Niou would be higher as a double partner to have (for sure), Atobe'll be nicer to have in singles.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I'm actually also for Atobe being above Niou. Don't get me wrong, Niou's syncho with everyone is gameshark. But, that's in doubles. As far as I know, this is singles tier, so while Niou would be higher as a double partner to have (for sure), Atobe'll be nicer to have in singles.
    Atobe's technique isn't beast level.
    Zero Shiki Serve will get him. Again and again.
    Then TPhantom will cause trouble for Atobe. Niou edges Atobe.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Why? We know he wasn't serious in Team Shuffle.
    We don't even know what sort of level he was at against Akiba at all.
    We don't even know how strong Akiba is at all either.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Why? We know he wasn't serious in Team Shuffle.
    We don't even know what sort of level he was at against Akiba at all.
    We don't even know how strong Akiba is at all either.
    We have his stats, we know what his specialty is. This thing is 90% theorycrafting anyways, so I don't see any problems with it.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

We have his stats, we know what his specialty is. This thing is 90% theorycrafting anyways, so I don't see any problems with it.
    Do we have his stats? Irie's stamina doesn't suck.
    I honestly do not think his stamina sucks. But someone with a 2, is someone who's stamina sucks.
    Like Yamato, there is more to Irie than those stats.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I think it's unanimous that we move Kintarou into the Top Tier... next month's reveal should give us enough information to rank him in the Top. Unless someone wants to argue that he can beat Yukimura, Oni, Sanada, Ryoma, or Irie based on this month's.

(I haven't had time to look into this and analyze it since all I can think of when I read this chapter is WTF )

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, but we should wait till his match ends to see exactly where to place him.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll say he can safely go above Yukimura. I'll also put Oni up there right now. I don't see how Yukimura can beat Oni. The result of the match will decide whether or not Kintarou are above each other.

Yeah, Sanada should be stronger than both. But until his next match, I think Oni and Kintarou beat the Sanada as of last match we saw him.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty much the case.
    Kaoz and I discussed a Tier list already.

As much as it annoys me, 10ball is clearly a new level to what 5ball was. Tooyama shouldn't lose to Yukimura unless he foolishly gets involved in a long rally when he is winning 5-3 or something.
    Tooyama, Akutsu, Ryoma and Sanada should all be able to give Yuki 6-3.

Although I'm not putting Akutsu and Sanada up yet until they actually bring out 10ball for common sense reasons as we have to at least wait for it to happen even if it's obviously gonna happen.

I've decided not to get to the Tier discussion until after the next chapter.
    Since it's vital before we make our decisions to see how Oni reacts right now.

@Ken Sanada from the tie-break would obviously lose to Oni or Tooyama.
    Why bring him up when we know he has upgraded?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    @Ken Sanada from the tie-break would obviously lose to Oni or Tooyama.
    Why bring him up when we know he has upgraded?
    Oh, that's just in case someone wonder why Sanada would currently be lower than Oni and Kintarou in the current tier list.
    He have upgrade, but we don't know how far up he have upgrade. That'll have to wait until his next match.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are all underestimating Yukimura. I don´t like the guy, but come on he DESTROYED Nationals Sanada (and he surely got better in the camp right now).
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole problem with this tier system is the misconception that the person a player will play against is the same as the last time we saw them. It's a logical fallacy, which is why it makes it hard to list people. I find it best to bring in logical assumptions to make a tier list more accurate and limit the amount of times you'll need to edit it. But, I'm not the creator of this thread anymore, so it is no longer my rules. I also find it hard to believe Kintarou would beat Yukimura even with 10-ball. Yukimura would just improve to re-establish the distance.

New Reply
Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast