Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

  1. #1
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Singles Tier List

    Singles Tier List

    Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show


    Spoiler: U-17 Singles show


    Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show


    Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

    Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

  2. #631
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Not true lol. Sealed Step was broken down by Kai and his Viking Horn. Secondly at the nationals it was shown who the king of net play was.
    Marui mind-raped Kikumaru and Oishi at the net by himself. Kikumaru has his acrobatics sure but Marui is a far better net player than Kikumaru.
    Kikumaru can't predict Tightrope Walking, Iron Pole or Temporal Hell as shown at Nationals.
    And Marui defeated him at the net with that.
    Do you remember that GP was screwing around the whole match right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Moon Volley can't be used at the net. Kikumaru isnt a Net Play beast like Kimijima who wiped Marui at the net. Moon volley has to be used near the back of the court.
    And we know Kikumaru isn't a baseliner. Kikumaru has not shot that can get past Wonder Castle or Super Rising besides Moon Volley which requires him to be at the back of the court leaving him vulnerable to Marui's net play.
    Sealed step, 1 man's doubles. He can totally win against Marui.

  3. #632
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    I don't think Angel Form would do much for a singles game because Kirihara isn't someone who would play well in Doubles normally so it looks like that form just makes him a decent Doubles player. Devil Form is still go to move for offense and the only restriction is that it alleged nasty side effects. Devil Form wasn't useful in the doubles match because there was a guy with a staggering 4.5 average on nonspeed categories. That guy absolutey isn't going to get KOed by Devil Form and Devil Form can't be used for prolonged period of time.

    Shiraishi is way overrated for being the strongest mortal. Yes he works hard to figure out how to actually fight off characters with superhuman techniques, but in the end his lack of ability to randomly becomes 10 times more powerful just because someone called him a seaweed head means he can't be expected to beat people like Fuji or Kirihara in the long run because you can't keep up with that kind of miraculous evolution with just working hard.

  4. #633
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Do you remember that GP was screwing around the whole match right?



    Sealed step, 1 man's doubles. He can totally win against Marui.
    No. They just didn't use Synchro for as long as possible.
    They played normally until they thought they absolutely had to use Synchro.

    Secondly, Kikumaru's one man doubles lost to Viking Horn. Kai was still even with him with the Viking Horn.
    Sealed Step is great, but its not like Kikumaru has great stats outside of Speed and Stamina.
    Kikumaru in Singles was entertaining and I love all his matches but for him to have Sealed Step and STILL got held to a 7-6 finish against Kai means he can't be that great.
    I think you'll agree that the threat of Iron Pole+Tightrope Walking+Temporal Hell being from one stance is greater than the Viking Horn.
    If Kai can break Sealed Step then so can Marui.

    6-3 Marui win.

  5. #634
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    No. They just didn't use Synchro for as long as possible.
    They played normally until they thought they absolutely had to use Synchro.
    They were actually stalling as long as possible because Momo needed more time to get Echizen's memory back. They could have just Synchro'd from the start- the score would probably end up 6-1/6-2 instead of 7-5.

  6. #635
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    They were actually stalling as long as possible because Momo needed more time to get Echizen's memory back. They could have just Synchro'd from the start- the score would probably end up 6-1/6-2 instead of 7-5.
    Yeah and its debatable what they did to stall.
    My assumption is that they stalled by not using Synchro.
    Had they used Synchro the match would have been over in a flash so they didnt use Synchro for as long as possible.

    Why else would Konomi have focused on Kikumaru struglling to guess what shot Marui would hit?
    I can't think why else he would have had added that scene other than to show the difference between Marui/Jackal and Oishi/Kikumaru in their Base forms.

  7. #636
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Maybe I need to specify what I said.

    BM Kirihara > Triple counters
    Upgrade > BM Kirihara
    DM Kirihara = Upgrade

    One rule of PoT is that of progressive revelation. That which is revealed "after" is generally better than that which is revealed "before." For example, think of the Kantou tournament layout, and how each team Seigaku plays is better than the last. (Which is pretty much true of a tournament, by definition). Kirihara obtained devil mode AFTER Fuji and Shiraishi's match. This suggests that Kirihara is the bigger threat by the time the Nationals finals come around.

    Devil mode makes Kirihara's "speed" much faster than Shiraishi, Tezuka, and Tachibana. You have to agree with me on this one, right? Devil mode also raises Kirihara's power, as he flings Krauser away with a single swoop of the racquet. I would say this makes his power above Tezuka (excluding Hyakuren), most likely Shiraishi (gold gauntlet on), and possibly Tachibana. Tachibana is definitely the power of the three, but it would be tough to see where Wild Lion is, in relation to Devil mode.



    No. When I talk about Kirihara generally, I speak of him at his greatest height. Which would be Devil mode. That in mind, I said Devil mode was around the same as Shiraishi.



    What?...no. Renji is third best on Rikkaidai. Konomi made that abundantly clear. That includes Niou. If Renji played singles 2 against Fuji (who is third best on Seigaku), I would put my money on Renji. He is one of the most grossly underestimated characters, because of Konomi screwing up his own tier system with Inui's win in Kantou. What Renji did in the Nationals was the written proof that Konomi admits to royally screwing up his intentions, and the 5-0 win was his way of making up for it. I predicted on this very forum that it would happen, before the Nationals even began. I told everyone that Renji was going to wipe the floor with Inui in doubles, and he did.



    That doesn't mean anything. Fuji never plays against data tennis, so that is kind of hard to be confident in. Not only that, but Fuji needs to be on par with his opponent for CE to even work. Remember, Echizen had to coach Fuji (to use the frame) in his match with Kirihara for him to actually win. Muga Kirihara was better even with Fuji's CE. That means CE does not automatically mean "I'm better."
    kirihara gained devil mode after the fuji/shiraishi match, so he did become a bigger threat, but fuji developed his sixth counter after that match as well, and even devil mode kirihara would most likely not be able to return that counter, and while dm does boost kirihara's speed, its hard to tell if its a better boost than tachibana's wild beast aura, but maybe tachibana is better off either way as he keeps his sanity and gains increased physical abilities

    Renji is the third best at rikkai, that was often stated, but it was also often said that fuji was the second best at seigaku(he was seigaku's number two before ryoma improved, then him and tezuka kept one upping each other with their upgrades during nationals), and fuji knows data tennis pretty well, since he is on a team with inui, and he is better than inui. Fuji's closed eyes were able to play on par with and beat nious tezuka with two muga doors open, so although closed eyes aren't as flashy as some other modes, it is still useful, and one small difference is renji is more of a doubles player, and fuji is more of a singles player. Renji is a very good player, but his strength is his data tennis, and even inui stated that he couldn't gather fuji's true data, even after being on a team with him for three years, so i doubt renji would be able to gather enough data on him during a match to be able to win

  8. #637
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Being third of Rikkaidai is much better than being second of Seigaku given Rikkaidai is supposed to be way stronger than Seigaku. The number two player of Rikkidai (Sanada) could've defeated the number one player of Seigaku (Tezuka) 6-1 if he didn't have some weird obsession about using Rai (he can't stop the ZSS but that's the only game he'd lose) using POT1 as a reference point (and if you go POT2 technically Fuji auto loses to anyone just because he's done literally nothing).

    When Sanada first used Furinkazan the people used as a reference point to illustrate the power of the technique was Yanagi, Kirihara, and Atobe. Fuji defeated Kirihara with some difficulty and luck (Kirihara was unable to fully grasp Muga at the time of the match), and it looks very unlikely he'll beat Atobe at all at least on paper, and it's safe to say Yanagi is somewhere between those two so it's far from certain that Fuji can beat Yanagi. When Tezuka was doing his moves they said this is why Tezuka is someone even the Big 3 must be careful around. Again it says 'Big 3', not "Sanada and Yukimura plus the other guy".

    Note that Fuji never climbed to the Tezuka tier even at the end of POT, even though you've some random clueless audience member claiming such (but those guys also once said one of the Fudomine guy is as good as Fuji). Had Fuji played the real Tezuka, it'd be 6-1 with no possibilty of saving it since Niou turned into Tezuka while behind 0-3, and then got to 5-4 on his serve but he can't do ZSS, implying the score is 5-1 after Niou turned into Tezuka and the real Tezuka would simply finish Fuji off with 4 ZSS. While Yanagi is almost certainly the weakest member of the 'Tezuka-tier', that's not saying much given at nationals, Tezuka would've beaten Fuji 6-1 based solely on Niou vs Fuji game.

  9. #638
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Its not like AK was consistently effective though. Atobe could barely use it.
    And no techniques can even be used in Synchro.
    Simply because Atobe w/ Synchro boost beat Ochi and Mouri by himself, two Yagyuus w/ Synchro boost should be able to be on Ochi/Mouri's level.

    All we saw was one Top tier player in Synchro by himself and he beat Ochi/Mouri. So two Yagyuu's (Upper Mid tier) should be on Ochi/Mouri level right?
    Simply because Anybody/Niou allows for Synchro.

    Its not like Atobe even used any techniques whilst he outclassed them by himself in Synchro. He was already exhausted on top of that.
    The boost that Synchro provides in Doubles is significant. Yagyuu/Niou are a natural combo anyway.
    After rereading the chapter, first of all it didn't look like Atobe used AK in Synchro, that's true. However, I don't think it's correct to say that he actually beat Ochi/Mouri all by himself. The line where Ochi says that they were tricked by Niou is pretty important here in my eyes.

    I think one of the main reasons why this worked for Atobe/Niou here is that Ochi/Mouri is a very defensive pair, they don't really score points very quickly and just have a good court coverage which lets them return a lot of shots, but they don't really attack; as we saw, Atobe was able to catch up to shots without Synchro before losing points. The problem here is that if you just barely catch up to a shot, you don't really have time to start any sort of counter attack.

    This changes when Synchro becomes active because it allows you to communicate with your partner without words or anything, so since Niou studied Ochi's and Mouri's movements for an entire set, he could watch them and tell Atobe where the blind spots in Ochi/Mouri's formation are without Atobe needing to look for them himself.

    A key point here is that Niou's partner needs to be able to cover the entire court by himself, and the stamina to do so over a longer period of time. I could see Yagyuu having the former (I don't think he's much slower than Atobe if at all), but I don't see him having the stamina to keep it up for two sets, even if Synchro lets you ignore fatigue to a degree.
    This also makes me question whether Atobe/Niou could beat Kimijima/Tohno btw because those two actually specialize in offense.

    Secondly, I don't think Niou can instantly Synchro with anyone. If he could, there's no reason for him to wait until they're down by a set and a half. It's true that he and Oishi did it instantly, but Oishi already formed a Synchro with Kikumaru, so the conditions were already cleared, whereas Yagyuu didn't Synchro with anyone yet.

    Lastly, neither Niou nor Yagyuu can actually return Mach on their own, so that's 1 in 4 games Ochi/Mouri just win.

    As for their placement, I'm still on the fence with S Tier. I could see them at the bottom of it, but I'd prefer them in A for now.

    ---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Yeah, Atobe/Niou can be in (not sure where). Date/Ban... I dunno. I've already said that we should avoid tiering power players, as they might lose to some good but "weak" players... but they can KO them with one shot. I don't see them as a better Pair than the Mutsus or GP for example, but how are they going to return Power shots?

    Are there any other pairs?
    We don't have to tier Date/Ban now that I think about it, we don't have that much information about them. I'm fine with leaving them out.

    Potentially the BJB pairs. We don't know much about their teamwork, but at least we know what they're capable of individually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Kaoz, don't you think that Sengoku>Kai ? His motion vision would be enough to beat Shukuchihō, and that + his tech would seal Viking Horn.
    You don't need motion vision to beat Shukuchihou, any Shukuchihou that isn't Kite's just sucks in singles. Personally I think Sengoku would beat Kai, but since I'm apparently prone to overrating him, someone else might want to give some input here.

  10. #639
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    No. They just didn't use Synchro for as long as possible.
    They played normally until they thought they absolutely had to use Synchro.
    No, they played around until Echizen came back, then they destroyed Champion Pair with everything they had. You can't guide yourself using that match.



    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Secondly, Kikumaru's one man doubles lost to Viking Horn. Kai was still even with him with the Viking Horn.
    Who won that match again? Kikumaru HAD the advantage when he started playing 1 man doubles (I read that chapter like 1 week ago).

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Kikumaru in Singles was entertaining and I love all his matches but for him to have Sealed Step and STILL got held to a 7-6 finish against Kai means he can't be that great.
    And how do you know how Kai would perform against Marui? How many times have you seen Marui playing singles? The last match I saw Marui, A simple lob was enough to control him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I think you'll agree that the threat of Iron Pole+Tightrope Walking+Temporal Hell being from one stance is greater than the Viking Horn.
    Temporal Hell is a fake smash, completely different stance

    And I'm, pretty sure that he cannot use his cool volleys whenever he wants, they are probably just show off moves that he can only use with some previous preparation. Again, Moon Volley >>>lob>any Marui's moves.



    S

    Kimijima/Tohno

    Niou/Atobe

    Ochi/Muuri

    A

    Platinum Pair - Yagyuu/Niou

    Data Pair - Inui/Yanagi

    Mutsu Bros

    Golden Pair - Kikumaru/Oishi

    Niou/Oishi
    *

    B

    Kirihara/Shiraishi

    Taira/Hara

    Washio/Suzuki

    Two Wings of Kyūshū - Tachibana/Chitose

    C

    Yanagi/Kirihara

    Emerald Pair - Kaidou/Inui

    Miyako/Matsudaira

    Champion Pair - Marui/Jackal

    Dream Pair - Kikumaru/Fuji

    Silver Pair - Shishido/Ootori

    Kikumaru/Momoshiro

    Momoshiro/Kaidou

    Idiot Pair - Konjiki/Hitouji

    Fuji/Kawamura

    D

    Momoshiro/Kawamura

    Kamio/Ibu

    Jimmies - Minami/Higashikata

    Bronze Pair - Kurobane/Amane

    Gakuto/Yuushi




    *Mutsu Bros

    Golden Pair - Kikumaru/Oishi

    Niou/Oishi

    This is a weird one... I see the Mutsu Bros winning against GP, yet it's not that hard to imagine that GP would be good enough to beat Niou/Oishi (as the original always beats the copy)...

    Anad Niou/Oishi beat the Mutsus, just because Niou can interfere in they synchro.

    How the hell do you want me to tier Kawamura/Kabaji and Kenya/Momo

    And where should Marui/Kite go? Personally, I don't see them winning against the Mutsus
    Last edited by Hardy; January 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

  11. #640
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    I don't really like the tier difference between GP and Washio/Suzuki, Oishi/Kikumaru!Niou didn't do any better against the Mutsus than Washio/Suzuki did. I'd probably drop Oishi/Kikumaru and Oishi/Niou a tier and have the latter just above the former (because they can counter synchro pairs and shouldn't be that much worse otherwise, if at all).

    Kenya/Momoshiro could be somewhere in B Tier probably, no idea with Kawamura/Kabaji to be honest, maybe B as well.

    Marui/Kite are > Mutsus in my eyes. Marui should be able to cover anything the Mutsus can do with WC and Kite has the offense to finish them off. Would probably put them near the top of A.

  12. #641
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    No, they played around until Echizen came back, then they destroyed Champion Pair with everything they had. You can't guide yourself using that match.
    Not quite.
    Your theory is flawed. I'm talking about Base Kikumaru and Base Oishi not in Synchro.
    If they could have won without Synchro, they would have.
    Their way of toying around was by not using Synchro until Echizen got his memories back.

    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27263...apter-366.html
    They're pretty much playing as usual but not using Synchro. They've come with the intention to win and are playing normally but just not using Synchro. Evidence is there Hardy.

    Jackal and Marui say it like it is. They remove their weights at this point.
    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27263...apter-366.html

    So GP began kicking hard from the start since they went out and grabbed the first game. Their way of holding back was by not using Synchro.
    Nothing really suggests that GP could have done any better whilst they weren't in Synchro.
    Konomi could have made the score 5-3 or 5-4 to show the difference between them but he didn't.
    He had to have a way to show how powerful Jackal/Marui are.

    Momo tells them thank you for stalling. First thing they do whilst drenched in sweat is bring out Synchro. http://www.mangareader.net/422-27266...apter-369.html
    Not like they could have done damage without it as far as we have seen.

    So yes. They did stall. How did they stall? They didn't use their Synchro when they could have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Who won that match again? Kikumaru HAD the advantage when he started playing 1 man doubles (I read that chapter like 1 week ago)..
    Did you really read it?
    It went to tie-break. This means regardless of any advantage Kai went back to him and they were neck and neck dead even.
    In fact, Kikumaru won because his ball rolled UP the damn net and tipped over to the opponents. It rolled UP.
    It took Kikumaru a freaking plot powered finish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    And how do you know how Kai would perform against Marui? How many times have you seen Marui playing singles? The last match I saw Marui, A simple lob was enough to control him.
    First off, Standard level shukuchiho would be useless since if Saeki Kojiro can seal it, and he lost to Fuji Yuuta, then Marui will have no trouble with it like Kikumaru had no trouble with it.
    Marui was placed in Singles at Nationals.
    Rikkai's philosophy is to challenge head-on, so they wouldn't put him in Singles if he wasn't an efficient Singles player.

    Secondly, a lob from Kimijima is different to what Kikumaru can do.
    In Singles do you really think Marui will be at the net the whole time. He beat Jackal who knows him best.
    Do you really think Jackal wouldn't hit lobs when he knows his style so well?
    Secondly hitting lobs was done by Kimijima who I see at Atobe's tier since he was No.7 after all.
    I don't see Kikumaru/Kai tier doing what Kimijima does.

    The amount of times we've seen players sprint from one side of the court to another to return shots I can't see how Viking Horn is a massive threat. Marui to beat Kai.

    Quote Quote:
    Temporal Hell is a fake smash, completely different stance
    Except you're wrong here.
    Marui has amazing reflexes and its cited to be pretty much the best of the MSers just like Sengoku is cited to have the best Motion Vision of the MSers.
    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27265...apter-368.html
    And with this your beloved Kikumaru got raped at the net by Marui Bunta:
    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27265...apter-368.html

    Because of his amazing reflexes like mentioned against Kimijima/Tohno, he can suddenly change stance to it. He says "Myougi" and all his Myougi techniques pretty much begin with him holding the frame of his racket in his left hand.

    Marui is far better than Kikumaru at the net. Kikumaru has Diving Volley but Marui has Wonder Castle + Myougi. Net play is Marui's.

    Quote Quote:
    And I'm, pretty sure that he cannot use his cool volleys whenever he wants, they are probably just show off moves that he can only use with some previous preparation. Again, Moon Volley >>>lob>any Marui's moves.
    PLEASE READ ALL OF MY POSTS.
    I told you Moon Volley requires the user to be at the back of the court.
    If Kikumaru is at the back of the court then he can't use his net play as efficiently as he could.
    Kai is not that great a player.
    He was going neck and neck with Kai from 4-4 after he got Two Man Doubles.
    That's how bad Kikumaru's Technique is. He had two of him and he was still neck and neck with Kai.
    You give Sealed Step to anybody in tiers above let's say Kirihara or Yushi and we have one of the most frightening players in the series.

    An example of how as long Marui is at the net, he can hit any kind of his volleys.
    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27097...apter-200.html
    He waited for ages til the ball was within his reach.

    He went from the net to the baseline in the middle of Momo performing a smash, and then back to the net immediately after just as Momo/Kaido hit it back. He can track back for lobs.
    Kikumaru can't hit lobs as freely as Kimijima I'm certain.
    That wasn't simple lobs just catching Wonder Castle's returns effortlessly like that.

    Kikumaru has Bazooka and Sealed Step but if Kai can cope with it then...

  13. #642
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I don't really like the tier difference between GP and Washio/Suzuki, Oishi/Kikumaru!Niou didn't do any better against the Mutsus than Washio/Suzuki did. I'd probably drop Oishi/Kikumaru and Oishi/Niou a tier and have the latter just above the former (because they can counter synchro pairs and shouldn't be that much worse otherwise, if at all).
    It was Kikumaru!Niou, I expect the real one to play way better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Kenya/Momoshiro could be somewhere in B Tier probably, no idea with Kawamura/Kabaji to be honest, maybe B as well.
    How'd the Mutsus return BJK? How'd anyone play against Kabaji lol

    That's why I didn't tier them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Marui/Kite are > Mutsus in my eyes. Marui should be able to cover anything the Mutsus can do with WC and Kite has the offense to finish them off. Would probably put them near the top of A.
    Not sure about that... at all. Marui/Kite didn't do anything impressive in their doubles match besides the WC/Habu combo. I don't see Habu getting points from a Synchro pair.

    ---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Did you really read it?
    It went to tie-break. This means regardless of any advantage Kai went back to him and they were neck and neck dead even.
    In fact, Kikumaru won because his ball rolled UP the damn net and tipped over to the opponents. It rolled UP.
    It took Kikumaru a freaking plot powered finish.
    Kai had the upper hand until Kikumaru started playing one man doubles. He missed the same shot against Niou/Yagyuu in Kanto's finals. It was made to show improvement in every aspect, if Plot Power gave points to Kai (and I'll say this 100 times, Kikumaru should return VH with ease) why shouldn't it give Eiji the victory?.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    First off, Standard level shukuchiho would be useless since if Saeki Kojiro can seal it, and he lost to Fuji Yuuta, then Marui will have no trouble with it like Kikumaru had no trouble with it.
    Marui was placed in Singles at Nationals.
    Rikkai's philosophy is to challenge head-on, so they wouldn't put him in Singles if he wasn't an efficient Singles player.
    Check your data, Saeki let Yuuta win.

    Rikkai's philosophy is to challenge head-on? Why didn't Marui play Singles in a serious match then (like Kikumaru did).

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Secondly, a lob from Kimijima is different to what Kikumaru can do.
    In Singles do you really think Marui will be at the net the whole time. He beat Jackal who knows him best.
    Do you really think Jackal wouldn't hit lobs when he knows his style so well?
    Secondly hitting lobs was done by Kimijima who I see at Atobe's tier since he was No.7 after all.
    I don't see Kikumaru/Kai tier doing what Kimijima does.
    Wasn't everyone amazed when Sanada (god like Kanto Sanada) hit 3 lob balls to the line in a row? Wasn't that exactly like Moon Volley?
    It's a lob, it doesn't matter who the hell hits it

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    PLEASE READ ALL OF MY POSTS.
    I told you Moon Volley requires the user to be at the back of the court.
    If Kikumaru is at the back of the court then he can't use his net play as efficiently as he could.
    PLEASE READ ALL OF MY POSTS... One man doubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Kikumaru can be at the back and front at the same time!

    I can agree that Marui's net play is the best among the Ms, but Kikumaru has shown that he can play all around the court (and practically play as 2 people), his reflexes should be enough to seal whatever is close to the net and if Marui wants to hit the pole to Kikumaru's back, his ¨doppelganger¨ makes a moon volley winning the point.

    I dunno why Jackal didn't hit a lob or a snake around Marui, ask Konomi.

    1 more reply and you win, I'm too lazy for big discussions bro

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #643
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    It was Kikumaru!Niou, I expect the real one to play way better.
    Why? Like, Niou is way better than Kikumaru in general, so even if he drops himself to Kikumaru's level for an accurate illusion, there's no real reason why he would be worse than Kikumaru while in synchro (he might not be able to do acrobatics, but those aren't used in synchro anyway, making it a moot point).

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    How'd the Mutsus return BJK? How'd anyone play against Kabaji lol

    That's why I didn't tier them.
    However they return Bakyuun? Seriously though, we don't really know at which level BJK stops working. It probably wouldn't beat Date or Ban while it did beat Taira and Hara, which makes the Mutsus kind of borderline. Also it's not like the Mutsus are the only pair Kenya/Momoshiro could be compared with. What about Shiraishi/Akaya etc.

    Don't really feel like bothering with Kabaji at the moment, might do it some other time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Not sure about that... at all. Marui/Kite didn't do anything impressive in their doubles match besides the WC/Habu combo. I don't see Habu getting points from a Synchro pair.
    Because? What about Myougi? How would the Mutsus score against WC and Shukuchihou?

  16. #644
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    @Hardy
    Fair enough on Saeki letting Yuuta win, I remember seeing that on fet.fudomine although I've never seen it in the manga myself.
    I also don't remember even seeing the St.Rudolph VS Rokkaku organized match ever and just heard about it.

    It's debatable how serious a match Kikumaru VS Kai was though. It was only Round 2 of the Nationals.
    Marui was put in Singles at a later stage in the quaterfinals.
    Also, they had Tezuka in S1 and Inui/Kaidoh in D1. It's not like Seigaku were too pressured although Kikumaru in Singles is awesome to watch I'm disappointed with his unconvincing win. He dominated the match yet it went to tie-break.

    I'm saying that it doesn't mean Kikumaru can hit lobs like Kimijima can.
    Sanada has been since his intro amongst the very best of the MSers. Kikumaru has never been in that regard so I don't think he is that able of hitting lobs off of Diving Volleys.
    Secondly, that match showed Kikumaru and his two-man doubles couldn't even bury Kai.
    Unfortunately, Marui got improvement and Kikumaru wasn't in the mountains so as far as we know, he hasn't made significant improvement just like Fuji.
    if two Kikumaru's can't bury Kai, then its not so good.

    You keep saying Doubles but it isn't that effective for Kikumaru. He won just 7-6.
    There isn't any point in mentioning it if it didn't give him a massive boost.
    Re-read the chapter. From like 4-4 he brought it out iirc but Kai kept up with him eventually. That sucks.
    Kai is in theory about cooler Tanishi. He isn't good really.

    I showed you a link where Marui sprinted from the net to the baseline and back in a rally while he had his power wrists and power ankles on against Momo...
    So there is nothing to say a Moon Volley can actually beat him.
    Secondly, Kikumaru cannot hit Moon Volleys constantly as far as we know. Sanada could because he is Sanada.
    Kikumaru is Kikumaru. He isn't near that level.

    Don't stop now, you've pretty much supported Kikumaru well.
    From our discussion I've gathered that the two are most likely even.

  17. #645
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Why? Like, Niou is way better than Kikumaru in general, so even if he drops himself to Kikumaru's level for an accurate illusion, there's no real reason why he would be worse than Kikumaru while in synchro (he might not be able to do acrobatics, but those aren't used in synchro anyway, making it a moot point).
    Spoiler show


    Thanks Aigrimes you saved me some time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    However they return Bakyuun? Seriously though, we don't really know at which level BJK stops working. It probably wouldn't beat Date or Ban while it did beat Taira and Hara, which makes the Mutsus kind of borderline. Also it's not like the Mutsus are the only pair Kenya/Momoshiro could be compared with. What about Shiraishi/Akaya etc.


    Because? What about Myougi? How would the Mutsus score against WC and Shukuchihou?
    As far as I know... BJK comes in, breaks everyone wrists, game over. I honestly think that Kirihara, Shiraishi, Mutsus, GP, almost anyone would be a victim of it.

    How did the Mutsus score against other pairs? Just by scoring lol, no defense is unbeatable...

    DP would also win against Marui/Kite

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    @Hardy
    Fair enough on Saeki letting Yuuta win, I remember seeing that on fet.fudomine although I've never seen it in the manga myself.
    I also don't remember even seeing the St.Rudolph VS Rokkaku organized match ever and just heard about it.
    When Yuuta was first introduced as ¨the Southpaw Killer¨ it was said that he had beaten Saeki (I think it was a friendly match). Then, when Seigaku met Rokkaku (before their match) Saeki was talking to Fuji and told him what really happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It's debatable how serious a match Kikumaru VS Kai was though. It was only Round 2 of the Nationals.
    Marui was put in Singles at a later stage in the quaterfinals.
    Also, they had Tezuka in S1 and Inui/Kaidoh in D1. It's not like Seigaku were too pressured although Kikumaru in Singles is awesome to watch I'm disappointed with his unconvincing win. He dominated the match yet it went to tie-break.
    They were going to play their first match at the Nationals, against a team that had destroyed Rokkaku (a team that was kinda hard for Seigaku, just kinda, not easy), it was an important match

    Marui was put in Singles in Quarterfinals against a completely fodder team (although, you can say that Kabuto destroyed Joushuuin, who was a bit better than Midoriyama... Kabuto was probably Rokkaku's lvl, but they had a player named Fujii )

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    You keep saying Doubles but it isn't that effective for Kikumaru. He won just 7-6.


    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I showed you a link where Marui sprinted from the net to the baseline and back in a rally while he had his power wrists and power ankles on against Momo...
    Spoiler show


    He had enough time to go back to the net because he hit a deep lob, none of Seigaku players were back there so they had to run all they way back (instead of just hitting a smash before it bounces).

    He barely returned it... and if you look at how the ball is dropping, it seems perfect for a Kikumaru Beam (or Bazooka, depending on his position) if there was a player in the back of the court, isn't it?

    ---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

    Spoiler show


    Saeki actualy says something different
    Last edited by Hardy; January 14, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

New Reply
Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts