Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 45 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    they did lose to the team who was beaten by the 11-20 1string twins, thats true, but they were playing doubles for the first time in over a year(back when they were on the same team), and they were up against a team that can use synchro, and tachibana wasn't shown with his wild beast aura, and chitose can't use pinnacle of wisdom in doubles. When oishi and niou went up against the 11-20 1string twins, it was shown that the brothers had higher physical abilities then oishi and niou, and they were only able to win because niou was able to tap into their synchro, otherwise they would have lost as well, and niou is G10 level, since he is the no 10 rep(at least he is unless he has to give it up due to injuries). While the two wings might not be top tier, I'm pretty sure that they can easily be 11-20 1string level. I can't be sure since all the players full abilities haven't really been shown yet, but i'm pretty sure that tachibana is better than momo, and chitose is better than kenya(once again, can't be completely sure of these two predictions since these pairings have never been in manga, but i think they are safe predictions), yet momo and kenya are 1string
    Niou's Illusion own the twin. That shows that he is above 11-20 and is G10 material. Momoshiro and Kenya is debatable, but there's nothing that shows Tachibana can return BJK, especially due to his "tier" that as I say, just 3rd court.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I haven't been in Mangahelpers for a while.

Is there a list (in this thread or another one) with the players that currently occupy the 20 places of the regulars of All-Japan?
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    Sorry, I haven't been in Mangahelpers for a while.

Is there a list (in this thread or another one) with the players that currently occupy the 20 places of the regulars of All-Japan?
    No. 1 Byoudouin
    No. 2 Tanegashima
    No. 3 Duke
    No. 4 Ryoga
    No. 5 Oni
    No. 6 Ohmagari
    No. 7 Kimjima
    No. 8 Marui (most likely)
    No. 9 Atobe
    No. 10 (seemingly vacated at the moment as we didn't see Niou take the badge, but Niou did win the badge, sort of)
    No. 11 Yukimura
    No. 12 Kawamura
    No. 13 (vacated as Kabaji was dismissed from the camp)
    No. 14 Kintarou (although he appears to have given up his badge to challenge Oni, so that would mean that No. 14 is empty)
    No. 15 Oishi
    No. 16 (vacated as Niou gave up his badge when he went to challenge Ochi/Mouri)
    No. 17 Renji (Inui gave him the badge)
    No. 18 Momoshiro
    No. 19 Kenya
    No. 20 Irie

There are potentially four empty spots in the top 20 at the moment: 10, 13, 14, and 16.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Niou's Illusion own the twin. That shows that he is above 11-20 and is G10 material. Momoshiro and Kenya is debatable, but there's nothing that shows Tachibana can return BJK, especially due to his "tier" that as I say, just 3rd court.
    In theory, although BJK rapes the wrist, perhaps Abare Dama that doesn't use racket strings may be able to hit BJK back?

And secondly, Wild Beast Aura + Chitose just being a better player than Kenya, should be able to hand Momoshiro/Kenya pair.
    Momo/Kenya confuses me. I like them, but all you have to do is hit the ball in a way that it doesn't reach Momo and at No.11-20 level that shouldn't be too hard?
    Since without BJK, Momo/Kenya are pretty weak.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Niou beating the twins is more like some kind of bizarre anti-Synchro that only works because the twins Synchro too well. Otherwise he'd never lose a doubles match unless there's an unbelieveable chasm in raw stats because he'd just illusion his partner and synchro (you can always synchro with yourself) if the opposing team can't synchro, and illusion as one of the enemy if they can synchro. Of course if Niou ever got smart and just started doing illusions of powerful characters he'd clean up the lower tier guys easy, but for the same reason he didn't copy Yukimura against Fuji, he's apparently not allowed to actually copy any top tier players in the current NPOT.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He can copy Yukimura all he wants, he won't be able to yip anyone anytime soon, so it'd be pointless. He's not going to be able to hit 10 at once either just by pretending to be Kazuya or Oni, or hit a Duke Homerun by becoming Duke.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    So I'm guessing... Taira and Hara despite being so highly ranked had to forfeit the match the moment the BJK touched their rackets like how Oni ended Momo.
    Meaning Momo's BJK is pretty much just as effective as Oni's or extremely near effectiveness.

Or... Since their bus was far away they forfeited since they couldn't get a new rackets...
    Maybe their wrists were destroyed after that move... and Kenya was just talking crap "Yeah, I have an OP partner madafakas!"

Congrats on your new "colour" btw.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Actually, when Niou becomes Tezuka, Niou can cleanly return Heca, but Shiraishi!Niou still causes a cordball, which is why Fuji can use Hoshi Hanabi.
    That part of the match was such a BS :|

I mean, Niou could have turned into, I dunno, Sanada, and he would have won (considering that Tezuka!Niou returned the 5th counter without a cord ball).

But meh, Konomi's logic

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    He can copy Yukimura all he wants, he won't be able to yip anyone anytime soon, so it'd be pointless. He's not going to be able to hit 10 at once either just by pretending to be Kazuya or Oni, or hit a Duke Homerun by becoming Duke.
    Just having Yukimura's ability to return any shot would allow him to outlast Fuji trivially.

If Niou copied Byodouin he is unlikely going to be as strong as him, but it'd be something like Niou serves and makes a crater and someone else say "The real Byodouin can make a much bigger crater". Sure, he's not as good as the original but a small crater is still more than enough to finish off the lower tier guys. He clearly retains the physical attributes of the guys he copy (otherwise copying Kabaji is pointless in the doubles match), so a poor copy of someone like Byodouin still would allow him to easily wipe the floor with weaker players.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ka-Rin-Rai Return aside, Mouri's Chip Shot, or whatever you want to call it, can also return ZSS.
    It's Singles-only though.
    Mouri is a top player, he knew he couldn't use it again in Doubles due to the net player being able to easily take it like Atobe did.
    Even Ootori, Kurobane and Mizuki would have been able to catch that on the volley I reckon.

But in Singles the serve will have to dash to the net giving time for Mouri to retreat.

That's true to some extent, but Chitose also had Saiki and Saiki outmatches Hyakuren head to head.
    Fuji in CE mode meant Niou couldn't use HJnK. this is because looking at some of his swings he either placed them really well, or didn't hit them hard and every return was mainly technique and little power. Considering Fuji has a pathetic build in comparison to other 3rd year MSers this is the most likely assumption.

The problem with that statement, Airgrimes, if that while Ka beats Zone head to head (however that works), when Tezuka activated Hyakuren, he ripped the Ka back and Sanada had to activate Rai to teleport in order to return the doubled Ka.
    I didn't remember that. I see what you mean there FrostyMouse. My bad.

Niou wouldn't have any problems returning Cut Serve.

Well, Niou only used Hyakuren for an instant, so that part's not the same. I actually argue that Niou's a better physical athlete than Tezuka in a lot of ways.
    Like I said, Niou won't have any problems with it and can we prove Niou has better physique than Tezuka?
    I mean... Fuji returned his smash as Shiraishi!Niou with only Higuma Otoshi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, Niou won't have any problems with it and can we prove Niou has better physique than Tezuka?
    Based on POT no. Based on NPOT, he's by far stronger than Tezuka in physique because it's implied he did 11 ZSS in the doubles match and almost all tiebreaker points in the first set (around 60) were obtained by him using Tezuka Phantom on a doubles court (which requires more spin than a singles court). Given Tezuka was hurting while playing Yamato for just using Tezuka Phantom a maximum of 12 times and didn't use ZSS at all (he was behind 2-1 and caught up to 4-4 with Phantom), Tezuka is nowhere as physically capable as Niou at least in the endurance department. Yes Tezuka has TnK but I'd argue TnK doesn't remove the damage done to yourself with these moves, though of course a character with TnK would have no reason to use moves that hurt yourself since they can score without any specials. Note that Tezuka didn't serve with ZSS against Fuji after he got TnK. If TnK removes the self-damage aspect of ZSS he should've used ZSS on the serve.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Singles-only though.
    Mouri is a top player, he knew he couldn't use it again in Doubles due to the net player being able to easily take it like Atobe did.
    Even Ootori, Kurobane and Mizuki would have been able to catch that on the volley I reckon.
    Perhaps, but you never know. My points was that it returned ZSS, that's all, not whether or not it was effective in singles.

But in Singles the serve will have to dash to the net giving time for Mouri to retreat.

Fuji in CE mode meant Niou couldn't use HJnK. this is because looking at some of his swings he either placed them really well, or didn't hit them hard and every return was mainly technique and little power. Considering Fuji has a pathetic build in comparison to other 3rd year MSers this is the most likely assumption.
    Niou used it for like one point, so we can't tell.

I didn't remember that. I see what you mean there FrostyMouse. My bad.
    :P

Well, we don't see Tezuka being able to return balls like how Niou does against Fuji. We never see Tezuka doing something like that turn defense smash.

I wasn't talking about power, just being a better athlete. Niou's body appears more flexible and looks a touch faster.

In SPoT, Niou appears to have gained some power through the Mountain Training.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

In theory, although BJK rapes the wrist, perhaps Abare Dama that doesn't use racket strings may be able to hit BJK back?

And secondly, Wild Beast Aura + Chitose just being a better player than Kenya, should be able to hand Momoshiro/Kenya pair.
    Momo/Kenya confuses me. I like them, but all you have to do is hit the ball in a way that it doesn't reach Momo and at No.11-20 level that shouldn't be too hard?
    Since without BJK, Momo/Kenya are pretty weak.
    The thing is that all the thing you list is just "theory" though. While the tier system that I mention just placed them at 3rd court. And I refuse any suggestion that they can beat 1st stringer since 3rd court get stomp by 1st stringer.

Changing characters around does not change it. Momoshiro and Kenya beat 1st stringer. That's that.

And until WoK get any improvement in the manga, they are stuck where they are last time, losing to 3rd court. It might not look like Momoshiro/Kenya can win. But just due to tier placed by 3rd court being fodder by 1st stringer placed them that way for me. And I'm not a fan of any improvement that is not shown in the manga being reflected in tier list discussion. Ryoma can beat Tezuka for all I care, then.
    Last edited by -Ken-; January 26, 2013 at 01:10 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

On that front, Ken, we still don't know why Echizen lost the use of Hyakuren, Saiki, or TnK.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On that front, Ken, we still don't know why Echizen lost the use of Hyakuren, Saiki, or TnK.
    I think it's safe to say that at the G10 level these techniques aren't particularly noteworthy. Tezuka learned TnK in front of several G10 calibur characters and none of them bothered commenting on it, and I'm assuming this isn't because they've never heard of TnK. I'm guessing if you tried to use Saiki on a one of the top 5 characters it'd be like "number of rallies needed... infinite???"

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Just having Yukimura's ability to return any shot would allow him to outlast Fuji trivially.
    I don't think it works like that. Niou clearly doesn't have that ability, he won't magically gain it by becoming Yukimura. It doesn't matter who he illusions, according to himself he can't think of a way to return Hoshi Hanabi.

Now, he'd probably return Heca without a cord ball as Yukimura just like he did as Tezuka did, but both Tezuka and Yukimura are stronger than Niou to begin with, meaning Niou's stats will be more or less the same regardless of who of the two he becomes, meaning he'd lose to CE again.

He clearly retains the physical attributes of the guys he copy (otherwise copying Kabaji is pointless in the doubles match), so a poor copy of someone like Byodouin still would allow him to easily wipe the floor with weaker players.
    Disagreeing here as well. I think Niou himself is just physically stronger than Tezuka and just adjusts the power level downwards when copying Tezuka. Just like how he starts returning Heca as a cord ball as Shiraishi when we know that he can return it cleanly.

Based on POT no. Based on NPOT, he's by far stronger than Tezuka in physique because it's implied he did 11 ZSS in the doubles match and almost all tiebreaker points in the first set (around 60) were obtained by him using Tezuka Phantom on a doubles court (which requires more spin than a singles court).
    Actually if you want to look back, Tezuka's Tezuka Phantom (and Niou's vs Fuji) makes the ball go outside the doubles court in all instances but against GUYU, so it should require the same amount of spin either way.

Given Tezuka was hurting while playing Yamato for just using Tezuka Phantom a maximum of 12 times and didn't use ZSS at all (he was behind 2-1 and caught up to 4-4 with Phantom),
    This didn't actually happen in the manga.

Note that Tezuka didn't serve with ZSS against Fuji after he got TnK. If TnK removes the self-damage aspect of ZSS he should've used ZSS on the serve.
    Why would he do that when he aces Fuji with normal serves?

Either way, against Sanada, Tezuka used Phantom 23-27+ times (it's more but we don't know how much more exactly since we don't know how often Sanada used Rin on each point) and 5 ZSS. Niou used Phantom 48 times and 11 ZSS, which is obviously more, but that's to be expected after all that training.

New Reply
Page 45 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast