Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 70 of 110 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    As a result, yes. For him to enter it, he has to get pissed off though.
    Not exactly hard to have someone call you 'seaweed head' to trigger it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So then, knowing that Akaya's mental is 1 (and it's freaking unstable)...

Yeah, I don't see him using Muga any time soon (unless he goes to the psy or something).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    So then, knowing that Akaya's mental is 1 (and it's freaking unstable)...

Yeah, I don't see him using Muga any time soon (unless he goes to the psy or something).
    I don't really see a connection between mental and Muga here. Maybe having a low mental will lead you to select useless moves over the good moves, but Ryoma never had problem using terrible moves that are far worse than what he can do normally either. Perhaps you can argue mental can be considered as a substitue for stamina when stamina runs out (otherwise Ryoma would have by far the greatest stamina out of anyone in POT because he outlasted Atobe while using Muga) but Ryoma is the only person I've seen who can completely ignore the effects of running out of stamina. Even people like Sanada or Tezuka are shown to be drastically diminished condition once their stamina runs out, certainly not comparable to Ryoma "I ran out of stamina in the first game and then went on to play a triple digit tiebreaker".

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the issue is more that he can only use one of DM and Muga at the same time, and due to his low mental he'll usually enter DM before the Muga conditions are fulfilled.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't really see a connection between mental and Muga here. Maybe having a low mental will lead you to select useless moves over the good moves, but Ryoma never had problem using terrible moves that are far worse than what he can do normally either. Perhaps you can argue mental can be considered as a substitue for stamina when stamina runs out (otherwise Ryoma would have by far the greatest stamina out of anyone in POT because he outlasted Atobe while using Muga) but Ryoma is the only person I've seen who can completely ignore the effects of running out of stamina. Even people like Sanada or Tezuka are shown to be drastically diminished condition once their stamina runs out, certainly not comparable to Ryoma "I ran out of stamina in the first game and then went on to play a triple digit tiebreaker".
    Just read what we said before...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

@Airgrimes, Look like I misunderstood your position then. Since you seemed to agree with the ranking, let's just leave the matter there.

@Kirihara, if you give him an earplug, he might be able to activated Muga instead of demon mode.

Or have him go though anger management program, I guess.

While demon mode is obviously very powerful, I actually think Muga might be able to help Kirihara a fair bit now if he can control it. He's been in U-17 camps for a few days now, probably raising his base stats by a fair bit, and have seen many nice techs with the 1st stringer. I reckon he might not lost his grip with "Fuu" anymore. Of course, this is all just guessing.

And well, you also have to consider that using Muga in 3 set match is pretty much a suicide, too, if you use it from the beginning.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

To continue from the Biggest winners thread. Tier

Kte
    Chitose
    Tachibana
    Inui
    Renji

. Here's my attempted

Inui
    Chitose
    Tachibana
    Renji
    Kite

Anyone who disagree? I wonder where to put Renji, but well, I tier this in like a minute.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... I would say:

Tachibana (he hasn't improved much since then, but in his match against Chitose it's said that he would have won if he had gone full power since the beginning... or something like that).
    Chitose (was superior to the Tezuka that destroyed Kite).
    Kite (I don't know how Data alone would handle not only omni directional Shukuchihou, but every single Higa guy tech).
    Inui (has shown to be "better" than Renji, but I wouldn't risk to place him way above him).
    Renji

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Changed the current a little... just cause. We discussed about some changes before but the list was never chaged.

Spoiler: Nationals show

Spoiler: Current show

Q: Why isn't <insert character> on this list?
    A: Probably because that character didn't have a proper singles match.

Spoiler: Doubles show
    Last edited by Hardy; April 23, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni moving to the top should definitely happen. Kintarou and Tezuka are a bit more debatable, but given that Kintarou has 10ao access whereas Tezuka doesn't, he should probably be higher. Although if TnK for Ryoma is assumed, he should probably also be > Tezuka with the same reasoning.

Sanada and Akutsu should have their own tier in my opinion with Akutsu > Sanada until we can confirm that Sanada has leveled up to 10ao as well.

Atobe > Niou might be worth discussing, but Niou does have access to TZone which renders Atobe's best techniques useless. Fuji should maybe join them though, he did manage to outrally Tezuka!Niou after all. Chitose is a bit of an odd case, would maybe raise him to a higher tier as well.

After that, B and C tier could probably be merged, the differences don't seem drastic enough to warrant a tier difference to me. Don't see why Yagyuu is only in D, wouldn't add Marui since we know absolutely nothing about him besides that he has access to a really good offensive and a really good defensive ability.

Too lazy to do doubles comments right now, but I think I didn't update it because some issues remained unresolved? Don't remember for sure.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I put Inui that high is because of his victory against #17. Even if Inui should be tier lower than #17, I still think victory should put up beyond WoK and Kite, and I highly doubt those two can beat Renji without breaking a single sweat. It might feels weird to not see the two best friend together, but that's how it feels to me.

On Tachibana vs Chitose, this is the page you were talking about.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...s/c312/14.html

I think it means if Tachibana were to try attacking Chitose blind spot, victory will be unsure. I mean, even if Tachibana manage to get that point according to Chitose, he's still will 5-6 game and 15-40 point in term of game state. So the game might end up being 7-6 in someone victory. But then Chitose will have more time to adjust to tech, something we saw every high tier is able to do. So in the end, I put Chitose over Tachibana because of their actual result.

Yagyuu in the discussion was competing with people in C tier, so I can agree that he should be move up.

I would also move Yamato up and beyond WoK as well, as he manage to fight Tezuka that 6-1 them to a stand still and makes him unlock PoP. Tezuka actually also had ZSS from the beginning and Tezuka Phantom in addition. He's in 3rd court, but he arrive there without using Yume move at all.

We can probably add the 1st stringer who play in Singles as well, and we'll predict the 1st stringer doubles from 11-20 judging from where 1st stringer 11-20 Singles end up.

EDIT: on pairing wise, there's a name for Marui/Kite and Taira/Hara, if you want to add them

Marui/Kite "Ideal Team" , also used as a manga chapter name (that's where we got Angel Mode name)
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...08/c085/9.html

Taira/Hara

Former Legendary Captains of Shitenhouji

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c054/5.html

Yeah, kinda long, but it's as official pairing name as we're going to get.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I try some tier list. I probably misplace some characters due to overestimating or underestimating them. I ballpark a lot in this tier list version.

-This will also be my 1st attempted to try to add players who only play doubles so far into this tier list. (For 1st Stringer G10). This add will not add Duke, because I seriously don't think that match show anything rather than the obvious.
    - This is also 1st time I will attempt to tier 1st Stringer 11-20 Singles. As for 11-20 Doubles, let's wait until we settle down where the Singles player go and we can gauge it accordingly due to their # or whatever.
    -I leave Hardy comments on.
    -I also implement most of the change that Kaoz recommend.

Spoiler: Current show

On Kai,

http://fanbook.livejournal.com/17112.html

Doesn't this page pretty much confirms that Kai is second strongest of Higa? It's not like Rin and Kai get any upgrade ever since then either.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 24, 2013 at 09:14 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see Tokugawa in this Tier list. I agree it's hard to place him, but... A Tier? S Tier? Byoudouin and Oni would probably wipe him but I think he's on par with Ryoma.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Tokugawa never had a Singles match that we saw yet. One might be able to debate that he wipe PoP Ryoma with no 10 ball on the floor, but it's still a weak argument. I'll be happy if you can add the missing doubles players into the tier list, though, like Jackal or someone like that. If someone got a list of unadd player, I can attempt to tier them.

Every MS that was invite to the camp technically had Singles match, too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Chitose was beating preSaiki!Tezuka which is no small feat. Shiraishi would have to overcome more than 1.5 stat points for him to match that Tezuka and possibly beat Chitose and frankly I just don't see that just from the gauntlet removal. The same goes for Inui.

Now on the rest, it's still pointless to add those characters because we can't discuss them properly. Like take Hakamada, it kinda works as long as you put him against someone who can't return Vanish (then he just wins), but what if you want to discuss someone who does or at least has the potential for doing it? We have no idea what stats Hakamada is good in. It's the same reason why Marui's singles discussions never work out, he has really good moves, but "you can just lob him" and from there on it just devolves into nonsense because we have no idea how well he can deal with that, what his rallying skills are and so on.

The point of this thread is discussion and there is no point in discussing Hakamada, Kimijima etc.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Doesn't this page pretty much confirms that Kai is second strongest of Higa? It's not like Rin and Kai get any upgrade ever since then either.
    It sorta does.
    But it would then mean Higa are a pile of trash since Kikumaru is better than their whole squad besides Kite.
    I mean, I as a Seigaku member I expect him to have improved even more, so it would mean Kikumaru can walk over Higa without Kite.
    But at the same time, Konomi had Hirakoba as a winner sure he only wiped Higashikita but HIrakoba hasn't been displayed as weaker than Kai in the storyline so I don't know.
    The manga shows Hirakoba as a better player. The databook says otherwise.

The point of this thread is discussion and there is no point in discussing Hakamada, Kimijima etc.
    Although we can confirm Kimijima is individually superior to anybody from Kite and below at the very least.

Well, Chitose was beating preSaiki!Tezuka which is no small feat. Shiraishi would have to overcome more than 1.5 stat points for him to match that Tezuka and possibly beat Chitose and frankly I just don't see that just from the gauntlet removal. The same goes for Inui.
    Considering Tachibana wasn't aiming for Chitose's blind spot on purpose and was using sheer physique to keep up with SKnK,
    I don't see why we should rule out Shiraishi doing the same?
    Shiraishi's gauntlet removal meaning he can hit faster shots, Shiraishi's movement around the court is fantastic in Singles (at the National level), if he aims for Chitose's blind spot or areas where Tachibana didn't aim for, I don't see why SKnK would work for a whole 6games.
    Shiraishi could beat Chitose.

However Fuji would trash Chitose. ClosedEyes eats away at SKnK. Don't think Chitose needs to move up a tier.
    Ochi's Mach Serve is something even Atobe can't return consistently.
    For that alone he should be in that tier.
    His stamina is the same as Atobe's or even better his court coverage is excellent thanks to height too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The manga shows Hirakoba as a better player. The databook says otherwise.
    I wouldn't say it like that. For starters, Kai had to play singles whereas Hirakoba got to play doubles, which allowed Hirakoba to utilize Shukuchihou whereas it was sealed for Kai. And while Giant Habu might very well be superior to Viking Horn, Hirakoba has a very small limit for how often he can hit it. The normal Habu doesn't really seem more threatening when you consider that Viking Horn allowed Kai to score against someone who specializes in left-right coverage.

So they seem to be rather evenly matched in the manga in my opinion.

Although we can confirm Kimijima is individually superior to anybody from Kite and below at the very least.
    Well yeah, but is he better than Irie or Niou for example? We don't even have any basis for discussing that.

Considering Tachibana wasn't aiming for Chitose's blind spot on purpose and was using sheer physique to keep up with SKnK,
    I don't see why we should rule out Shiraishi doing the same?
    Shiraishi's gauntlet removal meaning he can hit faster shots, Shiraishi's movement around the court is fantastic in Singles (at the National level), if he aims for Chitose's blind spot or areas where Tachibana didn't aim for, I don't see why SKnK would work for a whole 6games.
    Shiraishi could beat Chitose.
    It's true that Tachibana didn't aim for Chitose's blind spot, but there is no mention of Tezuka doing the same, so it seems like Saiki minimizes that issue. Even after the gauntlet removal you can't argue any substantial leads for Shiraishi over Tezuka stat wise (same power, Shiraishi wins speed by .5, same technique at best (depending on how much the gauntlet removal boosts Shiraishi's), Shiraishi wins stamina by .5 and Tezuka wins mental by 1).

And while Shiraishi's style is perfect, Tezuka's isn't far off from that ideal either, and then Tezuka has various high level techniques on top of that which Shiraishi is lacking.

Now you can of course argue that Shiraishi would eventually manage to overcome Saiki, we only saw it for one game against Tezuka after all. However, not only is there no actual indication that he would have managed to do so either, but it's not like Chitose is a random nobody without Saiki.

New Reply
Page 70 of 110 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast