Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 71 of 110 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

So should I move Kai up or Rin down? I'm more on moving Rin down, since Kai is the one playing in Singles.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Would support Rin down over Kai up.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the databook says that... but the chapters clearly show otherwise.

I mean, Kikumaru beat Kai, and Kanto! Fuji had problems with Hirakoba's Habu (he almost wins a doubles match by himself btw...).

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Lol, changed it a little again, let's see...

Spoiler: Current show
    Last edited by Hardy; April 24, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that Akutsu is below Sanada if BA is really strong, but we can't know or suggest that Akutsu is above Sanada, because it's obvious that Sanada has 10 balls

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think conservative estimate is good enough to add players to the tier list. Bunta is add with even less estimate to be in this tier list than a lot of the 1st stringer.

On Sanada, we just wait for a little. His match is next anyways. And will probably confirm his 10 ball. Hardly matter. For now, keep it this way.

I disagree with Yamato being moved down. He honestly more have the move that is effective against any strong players. He's in 3rd court WITHOUT showing Yume tech at all. He's also a selected player to play against the G10.w

On Kenya,

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c308/4.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c308/5.html

That's a beast aura power move. And he answer it with a simply backhand. I also highly doubt Yuushi can take any points off Shiraishi when Fuji fail to do so.

Krauser probably should move down.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Marui had 3 full matches already (they were all doubles but... it's more than just playing a barely shown match and then become a fodder like Akiba, Mitsuya and many others).

Yamato was considered a bum by Irie, no one really knew how he got into 3rd court (that's even said in his stats). Every ex 3rd court was selected to play against the 1st String so I don't see how it is a big feat.

Your link doesn't work... but again I don't know how it's that good to return a wild Aura shot. Rokkaku's David volleying single handely against Momo's shots and Taka's Hadou in Kanto is a bigger feat.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I also highly doubt that Kenya would beat Gakuto 7-0

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c308/4.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c308/5.html

Here's the right link. Should work now.

Well, how did you think Yamato got in? Bribe the officer? He's clearly got there without showing his true skill. He's select to play G10, so that's the biggest feats. I don't think any other people that you put above him can fight Tezuka to a standstill. Probably more like 6-0, of Tezuka favor.

I don't doubt it at all that Kenya can beat Cancer 7-0.

And I think Yamato and Bunta should both probably be taken off the list if you take those 1st stringer off the list. I rather we just try to tier them all. I don't think my 1st estimation is that much off, and as you can see, a lot of them are stuck together, so it's not like it make much problem at all.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 24, 2013 at 02:09 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind having Yamato out of the list... he's retired and we only saw him in 1 match (where he used a tech that was effective against Tezuka... his other skills are a mystery).

Marui on the other hand, we already know lots about him, he should be tiered.

You don't doubt that Kenya would beat Gakuto 7-0? Why? Gakuto is said to be really good in fast games (he and Wakashi - both suck- were destroying Kaidoh and Inui) he should be able to score some points.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

All we knows about Marui is that anyone that can lob will destroy him in Singles, really. We also knows his score with Jackal.

As for Gakuto, how about just tier difference? Unless you want to suggest Yuushi is stronger than 4 counter Fuji, which could be possible.

Take also into consideration that Yuushi also probably can't deal with Kawamura or Gin at all too, I think. He hand died at the end of 1 set match with just Momoshiro. Kenya is show to handle a ball with most likely greater power. I don't think the two are far apart at all. And for me, Kenya show a greater feat. As far as we knows, Yuushi shown to be at best equal to National! Momoshiro. I don't expect National Momoshiro to steal any more points from Shiraishi than 4 Counter Fuji.

And Yume is mention as a tech that's effective against player who predict who the ball went, not just Tezuka. I think most good player do that. It's only mention to be effective against Tezuka in the anime. And anime is not canon. If you can find a page in the manga that confirm that Tezuka is the only player this tech works on, I"ll accept the change. Otherwise, I'll just have to take what we saw as what we knows. I'm pretty someone mention this before, only to be correct by someone else (I don't recall who) that Yume only work on Tezuka is just anime stuff.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 24, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Its Hakamada instead of Izou if you're going to add him to the list.
    Remember its Japanese order.

Ken is right in that Yamato is a top player. He pushed Tezuka a lot further than Chitose did.
    And also the whole GUYU only works on Tezuka is anime-only.
    Therefore it works on any tennis player with the standard good tennis skills. Its where the opponent looks at the user's movement and expects the ball to go to the left.
    However it goes to the other side and the Illusion ball just passes through the opponents racket. Lol its just crazy.

Its a fact that at this stage, Marui saw Ohabu by Kite and said "This is that Hirakoba Rin's move".
    Since the move Kite shot was curving violently the moment it left his racket.
    Marui never saw Hirakoba play at the Nationals. Which means he has seen Hirakoba use it whilst they are in Court6 together.
    this implies Hirakoba can use Ohabu more frequently I imagine since before, he only ever used Ohabu to seal a serious match but if he is casually showing it to people in training he must be able to use it better.

Spoiler show

It strongly suggests Hirakoba can use Habu just like Kite has used it here. Since this was just called Habu.
    If so, Hirakoba > Kai without question.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^Regarding that panel, the name is incorrect, it says Oohabu in the original raw.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    As for Gakuto, how about just tier difference? Unless you want to suggest Yuushi is stronger than 4 counter Fuji, which could be possible.

Take also into consideration that Yuushi also probably can't deal with Kawamura or Gin at all too, I think. He hand died at the end of 1 set match with just Momoshiro. Kenya is show to handle a ball with most likely greater power. I don't think the two are far apart at all. And for me, Kenya show a greater feat. As far as we knows, Yuushi shown to be at best equal to National! Momoshiro. I don't expect National Momoshiro to steal any more points from Shiraishi than 4 Counter Fuji.
    Tier difference? As if Kenya was that good lol

"Just Momoshiro"? It was Momo's Dunk Smash. I expect volleying a smash from an almost Power Player to be much stronger than a simple Hadou after it bounces (at that point of the series, Hadous were nothing, returning it isn't a feat at all).

Yuushi was better than Momoshiro, otherwise he would have lost lol.

Again, Kenya vs Shiraishi it's the same as Yagyuu vs Niou (nor lasers were as effective nor Illusions, cause they knew each other too much), Gakuto got destroyed by Yuushi (cause he's prolly his best friend, but Oshitari is unreadable) and prolly, Bible isn't as effective against Kenya (but still, won easily).

I still can't understand how with speed alone you think that Kenya would beat 4th counter Fuji. As I said (probably 100 times already) if that was the case, Kamio would had been better than him since Prefecturals.

Also, I never said that it was effective only against Tezuka, just that it was effective against him (and so, players around his level... that'd mean players above Fuji and no one else, it won't be effective against Momo for example).

Also, do you think that lobbing against Marui would be that easy in a singles match? He has the best volleys in a MS ffs.

Btw, I edited the list Airgrimes.
    Last edited by Hardy; April 24, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

You can be as close as you want. But if Shiraishi were that much flat better than Kenya, he would win 7-0. I think you just hate Kenya too much because he's pure speed. A lot of this argument is just you think Kenya can't do it and I think he can do it.

As for Yamato, so what you're saying is that, you don't think Shiraishi and WoK and others are good enough of a player, right? I think they are, too.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 24, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't hate him at all, but he is pure speed (just like Kamio and Sakata but faster) and hasn't shown anything else.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

He show ability to handle a good power move and steals some points off Shiraishi. If you disregard those, I can just start saying Yuushi feat doesn't count either. And a lot of 1st stringer is all base stat and haven't even show anything else, not even speed. Just saying he's all speed and therefore should be lower doesn't cut it for me. But I guess you don't want to tier 1st stringer, too.

Yuushi last feat was almost losing to National Momoshiro. He would even lost in current match style of 3 set match, since his hand is gone. There's no way I think he can come close to 4 counter Fuji.

Anyways, here's my tier list, with 1st stringer who was remove add back in.

Spoiler: Current show

Idon't mind cutting out Aoi, since he's not in SPoT. But Kadowaki should stay.

New Reply
Page 71 of 110 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast