Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1641

Thread: Singles Tier List

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles Tier List

Singles Tier List

Spoiler: U-17 Singles Revised (In Progress) show

Spoiler: U-17 Singles show

Spoiler: Prefecturals - Tokyo - Kanto - Nationals show

Only characters that had at least one match (or currently have one) are to be ranked. For Doubles, only players that played together before may be ranked.

Concerning the Tier Lists for Prefecturals, Tokyo, Kanto and Nationals, the above criteria apply to the given time frame.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 18, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    You may be correct. The reason why I'm unsure is that the previous year they had neither Kintarou nor Chitose. And out of those three, I'd place Shiraishi in doubles before the other two.
    I dunno. Maybe because Shiraishi might play doubles better with the rest of his team better than the others.
    I feel Chitose can only do Doubles proficiently against strong opposition with Tachibana and nobody else despite him pairing with Shiraishi against Okakura.
    This is because he paired with hopeless Doubles player Tooyama Kintaro in the tie-break elimination.
    I think in match-ups Chitose isn't necessarily better than Shiraishi. I think Shiraishi is better but Saiki just seems to be an excellent method to contain a Perfect Tennis.

I can think of two reasons:
    1. They just tried Inui/Kaidou first and it worked, so they just stuck with it.
    2. There's a difference between Inui's and Konjiki's data tennis in that, if Inui needs to fix his data mid-match, he'll take longer than Konjiki would (again, here's the relevant PP page: http://fanbook.livejournal.com/22348.html ), and while Kaidou can just keep the opponent from scoring too quickly on his own, I don't think Kawamura would be able to.
    I forgot about that. Inui does take a while to gather data.
    I guess when they reach the High School Division they may be forced into such a decision.
    While it seems Yamato is now out of retirement, and Kawamura ended up coming out of retirement, they may just have to with the lack of Ryoma, Momoshiro, Kaidoh and Tezuka in their side haha.

We don't have any actual information on that I believe. If it was in one of the OVAs, I would call it sketchy to say the least.
    Yeah it was. I'm happy to take that as canon though. It didn't seem too far out in terms of Shiten's team.
    Perhaps the part where Gin was a reserve and Koishikawa played in D2 didn't make sense.
    And Niou, Marui, Jackal and Yagyuu all being benched was a bit off.
    Looking at the U-17 Camp, only Mouri was the notable player in the year above them.
    That OVA had an excellent concept and superior to NPoT OVA 7 and 2 as those two were awful, but the Rikkai VS Shiten OVA wasn't delievered as nice as it could have been imo.

Yeah that's true. Unlike Shiten, those two and Seigaku at least have one doubles that's more or less set though (Marui/Jackal, Shishido/Ootori, Oishi/Kikumaru).
    I think Shiten against a top side are most likely to have Shiraishi, Chitose and Tooyama all in Singles at this stage.
    I mean, I don't really get why Tezuka and Chitose were in Doubles at the semifinals, was it because Osamu predicted Tezuka was going to be in Doubles? I don't remember the circumstances so great.
    Konjiki/Ishida is a legit pair, and so is Konjiki/Hitouji of course.
    I think Ishida is more likely to be in Doubles against teams without Power Players imo.
    So its Zaizen/Kenya and Konjiki/Hitouji pair, or seeing how Hitouji and Zaizen came to the camp together I wouldn't rule those two being able to play together out.

Shiten seem like a side just as flexible as Rikkai and Hyoutei's tournament data suggest those two schools are.
    I think:
    S1 Tooyama
    D1 Ishida/Kenya
    S2 Shiraishi
    D2 Konjiki/Hitouji
    S3 Chitose*
    R Zaizen, Koishikawa

Yeah they'd still beat Hyoutei, I just wanted to suggest other possibilities. Also not sure about Hiyoshi stomping Koshikawa, we haven't seen the latter play at all.
    I always just assumed that he didn't get an invite to the camp therefore he'll get crushed.
    Unlike Hitouji and Zaizen who didn't want to attend the camp originally but had invites.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tier List (Singles and Doubles)

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I dunno. Maybe because Shiraishi might play doubles better with the rest of his team better than the others.
    I feel Chitose can only do Doubles proficiently against strong opposition with Tachibana and nobody else despite him pairing with Shiraishi against Okakura.
    I don't know about that, but my main thought is that Chitose gets notably worse from singles to doubles (because he can't use Saiki in doubles), and Kintarou is just hopeless in doubles to begin with (there may be exceptions), whereas for Shiraishi is just as good in both positions.

I mean, I don't really get why Tezuka and Chitose were in Doubles at the semifinals, was it because Osamu predicted Tezuka was going to be in Doubles? I don't remember the circumstances so great.
    Yes, that was the reason why Watanabe put Chitose in doubles.

I always just assumed that he didn't get an invite to the camp therefore he'll get crushed.
    Unlike Hitouji and Zaizen who didn't want to attend the camp originally but had invites.
    Zaizen did indeed choose not to attend, but Hitouji didn't get an invitation at all. So if you base Koshikawa being bad on that, Hitouji is bad too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much most of the Nationals involve rosters that knows exactly what the other team is going to be. When Shiraishi got called up for S3 he said most likely he'll play Fuji. Now that's a reasonable assumption, but then that means Gin at S2 makes no sense unless they know either Ryoma or Tezuka isn't going to play singles, because it's pretty much unimagineable that Gin could possibly beat either of those two. So Gin at S2 implies they know Kawamura is at S2, and therefore they also know either Tezuka or Ryoma isn't playing singles. For that matter why is Sanada and Tezuka at S3 instead of S2? Now that's fine for POT because the rosters are clearly designed to match people with similar strengths, but if you want to evaluate the school's strength objectively you have to go with just strongest 3 players for S1-S3 and then whatever left you got in doubles. It's pretty convenient since the guys good at doubles are rarely good at singles anyway.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that, but my main thought is that Chitose gets notably worse from singles to doubles (because he can't use Saiki in doubles), and Kintarou is just hopeless in doubles to begin with (there may be exceptions), whereas for Shiraishi is just as good in both positions.
    Ah well there's that too. But I think team chemistry probably plays a part.
    Someone like Fuji is notably worse in Doubles than he is Singles. Or at least notably less frightening. Yet Fuji has been the Doubles slot frequently.

Zaizen did indeed choose not to attend, but Hitouji didn't get an invitation at all. So if you base Koshikawa being bad on that, Hitouji is bad too.
    Hmm.
    Then I've got to say I dislike Konomi's basis on choosing MSers to the camp, or he just did it based on what 50players he wanted there as oppose to basing it on skill.
    Hitouji should probably be able to take out scum like Yuuta comfortably.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably. I know Richard is good, as he fight Sengoku 4-6. But Kadowaki? Come on.

I wish people like Saeki makes it before those two, really.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he chose not to have Hitouji invited because, while Zaizen is the type to decline something like that, Hitouji really isn't, and if he wanted 52 MSers there, those two were the ones with a reason to come to the camp on their own or something?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't this conclude the issue of Hirakoba > Kai.
    Not only does Hirakoba have better stats, his problem of not being able to spam Ohabu seems to be on the path of being overcome.

Not only did Marui immediately recognize Ohabu as Hirakoba's move, meaning Hirakoba had been using it whilst they were training together in Court6, but he brings it out here in front of the HSers at the start.
    Spoiler show

Can someone tell me the official Kanji or translation of what Hirakoba shouts here?
    Does he shout Habu when he hits this? Or Ohabu. Since that shot is most certainly an Ohabu.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't this conclude the issue of Hirakoba > Kai.
    Not only does Hirakoba have better stats, his problem of not being able to spam Ohabu seems to be on the path of being overcome.

Spoiler show

Can someone tell me the official Kanji or translation of what Hirakoba shouts here?
    Does he shout Habu when he hits this? Or Ohabu. Since that shot is most certainly an Ohabu.

http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_...01/c003/5.html

Yeah you are right it is definitely the Ohabu. It starts curving as soon as it leaves his racket even when he first comes to the camp. Even though he says Habu in the translation it has to be Ohabu.

I don't know if that means Hirakoba> Kai. Viking horn can drain stamina very easily which is not Hirakoba's stength.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst VH is definitely a better shot than Habu, Ohabu is certainly a better shot than VH.

Hirakoba's total was 17 which is significantly higher than Kai's total of 15.
    Kai and Hirakoba have equal stamina, Mental and Technique whilst Hirakoba is faster and stronger than Kai.

It points to Hirakoba being the better player honestly.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

There's actually nothing (except that old Pair Puri quote) that says that Kai > Hirakoba. The latter has better stats and techs right now, it should be a no brainer.

The same could be said about Jirou but... it's Jirou, let him shine a little >_<

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's everyone's opinion about the MSers that managed to get to 20 in total stats or higher? Do you feel like it's meant to display that they're a step above the rest, or would you still put players from the 17-18 total crowd in the same tier?
    For reference, the MSers with a stat total of 20 or above are: Tezuka, Atobe, Yukimura, Sanada, Tooyama, Echizen, Shiraishi, Kite, Akutsu, Tachibana.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's everyone's opinion about the MSers that managed to get to 20 in total stats or higher? Do you feel like it's meant to display that they're a step above the rest, or would you still put players from the 17-18 total crowd in the same tier?
    For reference, the MSers with a stat total of 20 or above are: Tezuka, Atobe, Yukimura, Sanada, Tooyama, Echizen, Shiraishi, Kite, Akutsu, Tachibana.
    Everyone makes sense except for Tachibana and Shiraishi. If they aren't going to be used for any of the top 20 matches I don't know why they are considered on the same level as the others.

Essentially everyone who is fighting the top ten is in this list (except Gin (whose match barely counts because it was so short and because they just wanted to show how much power Duke had), Marui, Tokugawa). I think Niou was supposed to represent Nationals! Tezuka for the majority of the time (except the last synchro), so I think Tezuka essentially played in the match.

I guess it makes sense to think of these guys on another level. However, I feel like this is their skill in singles, not necessarily doubles which is why Marui was chosen even though his stats are lower.

This also doesn't account for extreme special moves. Chitose with Saiki beat Tachibana. I think with his 5 counters Fuji is on the same level as Shiraishi. So I don't think they are necessarily on an entire different level, but for the most part I think there is a fine line between the 20s and 17/18s
    Last edited by floman; September 23, 2013 at 04:47 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    I think Niou was supposed to represent Nationals! Tezuka for the majority of the time (except the last synchro), so I think Tezuka essentially played in the match.
    Yeah, pretty much. Since this is a fair amount of time after the nationals though, I would say there's a chance that at least a few people have surpassed Nationals!Tezuka by now.

However, I feel like this is their skill in singles, not necessarily doubles which is why Marui was chosen even though his stats are lower.
    Agreed.

This also doesn't account for extreme special moves. Chitose with Saiki beat Tachibana. I think with his 5 counters Fuji is on the same level as Shiraishi. So I don't think they are necessarily on an entire different level, but for the most part I think there is a fine line between the 20s and 17/18s
    I agree on Chitose (incidentally he's also set a bit apart from the rest with 19 total), but for Fuji I'm not so sure at this point. His counters were good for beating down people on a similar level or a bit weaker, but against Shiraishi and Niou, they lost some of their effectiveness. So the main question is if Shiraishi and co. are past the point of being affected by the first five counters now.

As for why Tachibana and Shiraishi didn't play in the G10 matches, probably lack of space. Marui and Niou are both doubles players, and Gin has the power match going for him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Tachibana & Kite are a step ahead others. Others are 0k.
    Tachibana lost to Chitose. He also got destroyed against Kirihara.

Chitose, Fuji & Niou should've gotten atleast 20 imo.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree on Chitose (incidentally he's also set a bit apart from the rest with 19 total), but for Fuji I'm not so sure at this point. His counters were good for beating down people on a similar level or a bit weaker, but against Shiraishi and Niou, they lost some of their effectiveness. So the main question is if Shiraishi and co. are past the point of being affected by the first five counters now.

As for why Tachibana and Shiraishi didn't play in the G10 matches, probably lack of space. Marui and Niou are both doubles players, and Gin has the power match going for him.
    Maybe they could have participated against the top 20 instead? I don't know maybe Chitose, Shiraishi, and Tachibana (possibly Fuji) after the G10 matches are over, can have some wrap up where they fight to be part of the top 20.

I agree Nationals! Fuji isn't at the same level as any of these guys. Hopefully he is able to adapt a new counter or an entirely new playing style and they can reincorporate him in the story line. Everybody good has had a boost except Fuji (and sengoku).

I also really hope Echizen doesn't end up playing two matches, (taking the place of Tokugawa after he forfeits) but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. Do you think that's gonna be the case?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yukikuranoske View Post
    I don't think Tachibana & Kite are a step ahead others. Others are 0k.
    Tachibana lost to Chitose. He also got destroyed against Kirihara.

Chitose, Fuji & Niou should've gotten atleast 20 imo.
    Tachibana lost to Kirhara without using his beast aura. He was also injured. He had been hiding his strength. Also against Chitose he only aimed for one side the whole match. Tachibana made it to court five because he was so strong. The only way Chitose was able to hit back Abare Dame was because he realized it was in his blind spot, alsoTachibana only hit it once against Chitose.

Kite has some of the most incredible speed in the whole saga. The reason he was so utterly beaten by Tezuka was call of his strength was doubled back against him. If he didn't have such insane moves, Hyaruken wouldn't have been as effective.

New Reply
Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast