Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What's Going To Happen To Claire

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • She's Going To Die

1 7.69%
  • The Destroyer Will Absorb Her, But She'll Reform

8 61.54%
  • She'll Awaken To Survive

2 15.38%
  • Priscilla Will Save Her. Because Only She Is Allowed To Kill Her

1 7.69%
  • We Need A Miracle. Paging Galetea!

1 7.69%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore 104 Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore 104 Review

First off, I need to apoligize for the lack of pictures again. If I can get some soon enough, I'll put them in, but for right now, I can't.

Claymore Chapter 104- Reverberating Anguish- Review

Well before we tackle this Chapter, lets take a look at our poll results, shall we? Eight people had the perfectly reasonable feeling that things could have been improved by including Galatea. Since she automatically makes anything better when she appears, that's understandable. Six people felt that the chapter was a complete waste of time. Well I don't blame them. Four of you looked on the positive side and felt the chapter was Okay. And somehow one person felt it was good, and would have significance. Or they might have clicked the wrong option on accident.
    The Players-
    Claire- Our heroine. She doesn't do anything really this chapter. That may be why her situation is so bad right now.
    Helen & Deneve- Claire's fellow Ghosts. Their situation is slightly better than hers. Slightly.
    Priscilla- All right now she's mad and really going to kill things dead.
    The Destroyer- All right now she's mad and really going to kill things dead. Deja vu.

Death Before You, Death Behind You.
    We open with Deneve and Helen running towards the Destroyer, with Claire still in Helen's care. The problem is that Dauf didn't give them enough lead, and Priss is going to catch them before they reach the Destroyer. So Deneve throws her sword to piss it off. That works a little too well, as it gets her arm. The attack does hit Priss, so she retaliates. By showing just how good her reach is, shredding the entire Destroyer! But that's not the end.
    Boy, Dauf really didn't do much did he? Priss has no trouble catching up, and I suspect forcing a desperate move from Deneve. I suspect Deneve's original plan was to get closer to the Destroyer so it attacked Priss, and then get out of there while they fought. But now, having provoked the Destroyer, the three ghosts are going to be caught up in the fight.
    All Consuming Darkness-
    The destruction of the huge statue form only causes the Destroyer to reveal it's true nature. A horrible mass of darkness and distorted female forms. This doesn't really impress Priscilla much, but she does decide to fight with her full power. At last the two most powerful things in the series thus far are going to clash. And our little trio is going to be right in the middle of it. As it is Deneve quickly losses the arm. Again. And we find out the true horror of this new form. It drains life from anything is strikes. Deneve regenerates her arm, and asks for Claire's sword. Only to lose the arm. Again. And whats worse she can no longer regenerate due to the Destroyer draining her energy...
    Berserk called. They want their evil spirits back. Well that's what the Destroyer's true form looks like to me anyways. Now we will finally see it and Priscilla fight. The Destroyer seems to be fairly amorphous so I'm not sure exactly how Priss can damage it. On the other hand we'll see how well it can defeat Priscilla's crazy regeneration and vast reserves of Yoki. Also things get bad for Deneve. She's lost both her own sword and Claire's, and is now at her limit. Another hit on any part of her body could immobilze her or kill her.
    CLAIRE!
    Helen is quick to come to Deneve's aid. But she put Claire down to do so. And now the Destroyer's tendrils have found Claire. As a horrified Deneve and Helen watch, more than half of Claire's body disappears...
    And we end on an insane cliffhanger. Seriously, Claire is missing so much of her body that she should be dead already, and in a matter of seconds, there won't be anything left. But is it really going to kill her? I can't help but think that this isn't the first time that Claire has been absorbed by the Destroyer. Remember when it first awakened and she emerged out of it? Some people thought it looked as if she was reforming her body out of it's mass. If that's the case, perhaps she could do so again? In many ways I'm more worried about Helen and Deneve. Deneve is clearly at her limit, and right now the two in the most dangerous place in the world. I also have to mention the part where Helen see's the Destroyer has gotten Claire. The look on her face is just heartbreaking. Not only is she watching a friend die, it's happening because she carelessly put her down! I hope poor Helen doesn't go suicidal because of that.
    Conclusion-
    Well this month's chapter certainly had a lot more going on than the last one. We got the Destroyer's true form, Deneve in a critical state, and possibly the death of our lead. Well if not for the fact that Claire is the lead, she might be dead. Right now things continue to be action packed, and with the fight between Priscilla and the Destroyer truly beginning, I think we are at the Climax for this part of the arc.
    Winner of the Month- The Destroyer
    For being an all consuming mass of badness, and possibly killing the main character, I'm giving this to the Destroyer. Since I'm willing to bet that Priss is going to win the fight in the end, it'd better enjoy it.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 104 Review

If you can, I think you should add one more choice to your poll:

Cynthia and Yuma show up (along with Dietrich) and they (Cynthia and Yuma) regenerate Clare.

Prior to Dietrich, Cynthia, and Yuma's arrival, Deneve and Helen cut the thin tentacles holding Clare's remaining upper body in the air, and defend/protect Clare from anymore tentacles, until the help arrives.

.... And then afterwards at some point, the "Rabona crew", have to show up.... GRRRR

-------------------------------------------------------------

also, Clare actually seems to have been either:

unconscious the whole time (while being carried by Helen, which goes back into chapter 103, as well as 104)

or

"dead" in despair (since she couldn't/failed to kill Priscilla and now can't Partially/Fully Awaken) the whole time (while being carried by Helen, which goes back into chapter 103, as well as 104)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

also,

the Destroyer retaliates with its huge tentacles (NOT its projectiles) when Deneve throws one of her swords (hers or Undine's) at it. This is how/why Priscilla's tentacles were able to go all the way to the Destroyer. It was the Destroyer's huge tentacle which was still connected to the Destroyer, that Priscilla's thin tentacles traveled along to the Destroyer's fake or shell/exoskeleton body. If it had been the huge projectiles, Priscilla's thin tentacles would have nothing to travel along as the huge projectiles obviously aren't still connected to the Destroyer's fake or shell/exoskeleton body.

then, after Priscilla's thin tentacles damages the Destryer's fake or shell/exoskeleton body, The Destroyer realizes Priscilla's power and threat to it, so it attacks with its REAL body's (the hell-bodies/souls stuff's/thingies') huge tentacles which are different from its other huge tentacles from its fake or shell/exoskeleton body in that they seem to "consume any living thing" they pass through.

---------------------------------------

also,

I'm not sure (can't tell) if Priscilla is merely dodging these "life consuming" tentacles all around her, or if even they don't effect ("consume") her as well, as the projectiles' and their infection didn't also effect her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s.

I love your comment about the Destroyer:

(paraphrasing in my own words, I think what you said/meant anyways, lol)

The Destroyer consumes "life force", thus we finally have a "solution" to Priscilla's uber regeneration... poor Priscilla, the Destroyer's "life consuming" ability is perfect against her.

except... if Priscilla is even immune to this as well, lol... again I can't tell if Priscilla is merely dodging the "life consuming" tentacles as she flew towards its REAL body (the hell-bodies/souls "FMA:B looking humunculis, especially Envy's giant green dinosaur form with its souls inside it thingy"), to deal her FULL power in a single attack on it and kill it... will she or will the Destroyer put up more of a fight ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s.s.

if you're interested in reading my review of chapter 104 and predictions for next chapters, then here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=20

Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2010 at 08:17 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    If you can, I think you should add one more choice to your poll:

Cynthia and Yuma show up (along with Dietrich) and they (Cynthia and Yuma) regenerate Clare.

Prior to Dietrich, Cynthia, and Yuma's arrival, Deneve and Helen cut the thin tentacles holding Clare's remaining upper body in the air, and defend/protect Clare from anymore tentacles, until the help arrives.

.... And then afterwards at some point, the "Rabona crew", have to show up.... GRRRR
    Didn't think of that one, but I consider it a real Longshot. The reason bieng that their isn't much left of Claire to regenerate. About the only things we've seen regenerate that well are Abyssal Eaters. Claire isn't just missing her lower half, she's missing everything below the ribcage, and pretty soon is going to be missing even more. Even with two people trying to help, I don't think it'll work.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

also, Clare actually seems to have been either:

unconscious the whole time (while being carried by Helen, which goes back into chapter 103, as well as 104)

or

"dead" in despair (since she couldn't/failed to kill Priscilla and now can't Partially/Fully Awaken) the whole time (while being carried by Helen, which goes back into chapter 103, as well as 104)
    Yeah I knew that. Since nothing really changed, I didn't bring it up.

also,

the Destroyer retaliates with its huge tentacles (NOT its projectiles) when Deneve throws one of her swords (hers or Undine's) at it. This is how/why Priscilla's tentacles were able to go all the way to the Destroyer. It was the Destroyer's huge tentacle which was still connected to the Destroyer, that Priscilla's thin tentacles traveled along to the Destroyer's fake or shell/exoskeleton body. If it had been the huge projectiles, Priscilla's thin tentacles would have nothing to travel along as the huge projectiles obviously aren't still connected to the Destroyer's fake or shell/exoskeleton body.

then, after Priscilla's thin tentacles damages the Destryer's fake or shell/exoskeleton body, The Destroyer realizes Priscilla's power and threat to it, so it attacks with its REAL body's (the hell-bodies/souls stuff's/thingies') huge tentacles which are different from its other huge tentacles from its fake or shell/exoskeleton body in that they seem to "consume any living thing" they pass through.
    Again I noticed that. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. And even if Priss used the Destroyer's own tentacles as a guide/path for her's, she still extended her fingers the whole way. That's a rediculous distance. The mass of her fingers would have been far more than her regular body.
    ---------------------------------------

also,

I'm not sure (can't tell) if Priscilla is merely dodging these "life consuming" tentacles all around her, or if even they don't effect ("consume") her as well, as the projectiles' and their infection didn't also effect her.

Thus far Priss has only been struck by the smaller ones. The bigger ones may have more of an effect. Judging to what happened to Claire I'd say the smaller ones can still drain life.

if you're interested in reading my review of chapter 104 and predictions for next chapters, then here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=20

Sounds like you think that the Destroyer tore Claire apart. But I don't think that's what happened. We don't see the bits and pieces from that. Like Claire's legs. It looks more like when Cynthia was falling apart to me. So I think Claire is bieng drained. I'm starting to wonder if Miria and co aren't going to show up until after it's all over. I'm starting to really wonder if for Claire, awakening is the thing that will be the final answer. If she has a confrontation with Priss right now like you speculated, then Priss might be weakened by the Destroyer. Should Claire be stopped, Priss could escape. And come back later at full strength. I wonder if Claire might find something beyond Awakened.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i wrote my post, before i had read yours (as it was a little long, i just decided to post my observations, ahead of time, before I then read your ~long post)

my apologies for any reduntacies (however it is spelled, lol) in my post in relation to yours.

"Didn't think of that one, but I consider it a real Longshot. The reason bieng that their isn't much left of Claire to regenerate. About the only things we've seen regenerate that well are Abyssal Eaters. Claire isn't just missing her lower half, she's missing everything below the ribcage, and pretty soon is going to be missing even more. Even with two people trying to help, I don't think it'll work." -SA

I actually don't agree with you on this.

Cynthia was in the EXACT (well nearly) same condition, (easy to forget with all that is going on now), and yet Yuma (whom could hardly regenerate prior to becoming a Ghost), completely regenerated Cynthia WHOLE.

So why not Clare? Also, Yuma has Cynthia's (whom also is able to not only regenerate, but able to "synchronize" her own yoki with another's to enhance whatever that other person is doing, like regeneration) help as well.

Also, we know that regeneration merely requires memory of their appearance, so surely Clare still remembers after such a brief time what she looks like, lol. It's not like it has been years for Clare not having her lower body, and unable to remember how she looked (like in the case of Galatea's and Rafaela's eyes).

" And even if Priss used the Destroyer's own tentacles as a guide/path for her's, she still extended her fingers the whole way. That's a rediculous distance. The mass of her fingers would have been far more than her regular body." -SA

true. i agree. Though I think they were tentacles and not projectiles, as there would be hellcats "springing up" all over.

"Sounds like you think that the Destroyer tore Claire apart. But I don't think that's what happened. We don't see the bits and pieces from that. Like Claire's legs. It looks more like when Cynthia was falling apart to me. So I think Claire is bieng drained. I'm starting to wonder if Miria and co aren't going to show up until after it's all over. I'm starting to really wonder if for Claire, awakening is the thing that will be the final answer. If she has a confrontation with Priss right now like you speculated, then Priss might be weakened by the Destroyer. Should Claire be stopped, Priss could escape. And come back later at full strength. I wonder if Claire might find something beyond Awakened." -SA

sorry for the confusion.

Clare's lower body was indeed "consumed" by the "life consuming" tentacles/tendrils. we agree.

I meant with the "ripping Clare apart" is what might happen to Clare's remaining upper body being lifted up into the air by the Destroyer's thin tentacles (from somewhere/something, lol) impaled into her (upper) back. This lifting of what remains of Clare up into the air, just seems to me to be too much of a "killing blow" or "finality" to Clare by the Destroyer.

(much like after defeating an opponent, you take their barely alive body and kill it, however so, maybe such as lifting up a near dead opponent and dropping them on some sharp tip point of something, a spear or a fence post even, sticking up from the ground or a pit, lol, or whatever)

Also, don't forget that Clare, at least last we seen, was unable to Partially/Fully Awaken.

So she's in deep trouble if she doesn't get some massive "invention", aka help (Cynthia, Yuma, Galatea, or whomever regenerating or helping Clare regenerate), because Clare can't (fully) Awaken, which would regenerate her (like Ophelia did/used to regenerate herself from Irene's Quick Sword). Clare's going to die soon from loss of blood or trauma or whatever, if something or something doesn't intervene for her.

Though maybe the Destroyer's attack on Clare, has removed this mental "wedge/block/limiter" thingy that eventually stopped Clare from Partially/Fully Awakening against Priscilla, earlier.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2010 at 09:08 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there was more left of Cynthia that Claire currently has. She was missing her limbs, and had a few holes in her torso if I remember correctly. Claire is now missing her intestines, Liver, Kidenys, and a bunch of other stuff. And Claire is a Offensive type, so regenerating is harder for her to begin with. Also I don't know if they can help her regenerate if Claire herself isn't trying to regenerate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my own memory is a bit "foggy" as well.

Did Yuma actually regenerate Cynthia?

or did Cynthia regenerate herself, and Yuma used the same ability as Cynthia has, to enhance Cynthia's regeneration of herself?

Also, I forgot, did offensive Helen actually regenerate her arm (cut off by the AF from when she attacked it in the town with Isley) or merely re-attached it?

Also, did offensive Helen regenerate her eye herself with Cynthia helping with her enhancement ability, or was Cynthia actually regenerating Helen's eye?

(i'm too lazy at the moment to go look these up, but they are very relevant to whether or what Cynthia and Yuma could/can do for helping Clare and whether Clare can regenerate herself or not with or without Yuma and Cynthia help. etc etc)

p.s.

I edited some of my previous posts (after you had responded/wrote/writing your own posts), so if interested, you might need to hit refresh before you go back and take a look at them.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2010 at 11:34 PM.

New Reply