Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Which of the two would ultimately be victorious?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starrk. He was confident he could win, and would finish Love off

29 64.44%
  • Love. He disregarded Starrk's warning and looked like he was ready to keep going.

16 35.56%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aikawa Love vs. Coyote Starrk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aikawa Love vs. Coyote Starrk

Please read the following description before commenting or voting!

This fight takes place in an alternate universe where, instead of Shunsui interrupting their fight here, the battle between Love and Starrk would have continued. Also, disregard Rose's presence. Let's say he was killed by the wolves or something. It was Love that was primarily fighting Starrk anyway. Rose didn't jump in until the wolves attacked him.

The fight begins right after this page: http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-386-page-18.html
    Starrk tells Love to run and Love responds "screw you".

What happens next?

Does Starrk summon more wolves and send them to destroy Love?

Does Love demonstrate some more shikai techniques, hollow techniques (cero etc.), or use his bankai?
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; June 10, 2010 at 07:04 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aikawa Love vs. Coyote Starrk

I'd think love's most logical move would be to go bankai+mask. Shikai clearly does not cut it against the wolves so I'd think his best move would be to break through the wolves with something really powerful(bankai +mask) and deal some decent damage to starrk. I do think his bankai could do the trick here, although we would have to see exactly what it is. Following bleach logic, it'd probably be a meaner, larger mace with a hell lot more destructive power and range so perhaps it'd be enough to reach starrk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what love's bankai is.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I'd think love's most logical move would be to go bankai+mask. Shikai clearly does not cut it against the wolves so I'd think his best move would be to break through the wolves with something really powerful(bankai +mask) and deal some decent damage to starrk. I do think his bankai could do the trick here, although we would have to see exactly what it is. Following bleach logic, it'd probably be a meaner, larger mace with a hell lot more destructive power and range so perhaps it'd be enough to reach starrk.
    Well, regarding Starrk's wolves, I think the reason why they weren't used against Shunsui was because they were all spent on Love and Rose. The wolves would reform like flames after being struck by something, but I think that after they bit onto something and detonated they would be destroyed themselves. After the second barrage of wolves exploded on Love and Rose they were nowhere to be seen. I honestly don't believe that Starrk can bring an unlimited amount of wolves out. That would be too hax imo.

Also, notice how Starrk never indicated that he would use the wolves to finish them off. He simply said he was going to give them the finishing blow. In fact, he was up in the air and suddenly came down and landed on that pillar (which is when Shunsui stabbed him), so I don't believe he was planning on using more wolves.

As for Love not hurting Starrk after those two hits he gave him, that could've been because of Starrk's hierro. This was probably the first time Love had ever faced an arrancar, so he had no idea of their hierro. That's not to say that Love could not have adjusted or become accustomed to cutting through their hierro (the way Kenpachi did with Nnoitora). I think Love may have still won without resorting to bankai, and if he did use bankai, I seriously doubt hewould need the mask as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think love could have won without bankai. for one he would of ogt hit twice because half the wolves went after rose. also if starrk fired 1000 cero at him instead of just 2 or 3 love couldnt bat them away so easy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankai should make Love 5-10 times more powerful. Also, Starrk himself said that his ceros would be useless against Love.

The only thing Starrk has to contest love is his wolves and his melee skills (IE, breaking out the energy sword like he did vs. Shunsui), so Love with mask+bankai just needs to stop the wolves and have the advantage on a melee starrk.

I personally think he can do it, a captain's bankai is a force to be reckoned with.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Love would definitely need bankai to stand a chance against Stark. I don't think Love could wear his mask again (for some time) because wolves broke it. The result of the fight depends on the effectiveness of Love's bankai against Stark's wolves but since Love was injured and without a mask, I would put my money on Stark's victory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't vote for anybody cause we don't have a freaking clue what Love's Ban Kai does. Topics like this don't make any sense. My personal opinion though is that all 4 people Starrk fought are stronger than him. *Kubo saved their Ban Kai's for stronger enemies than that.

EDIT: *Aizen excluded cause he has plot armour. They'll fight against more powerful subordinates most likely.
    Last edited by Xerneas; June 11, 2010 at 11:18 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus View Post
    I didn't vote for anybody cause we don't have a freaking clue what Love's Ban Kai does. Topics like this don't make any sense.
    How does the topic not make sense? Did you not read the description or something? I asked posters to talk about what they felt would likely occur if Starrk and Love's fight had continued. If you don't want to take Love's bankai into account because it remains unknown, then that's fine, you can say Starrk would win.

The way I saw things, it wasn't until right before Love and Rose were blown up by the wolves that they realized they were so deadly. So really how can someone count Love out, even in shikai? It's not like he even had a chance to launch his own counterattack before Shunsui butted in.
    Just because an attack worked once on him doesn't mean it would continue to do so. I think this is true for all the characters of Bleach. I doubt anyone could get away with simply spamming the same attack against a captain level opponent and not have it eventually countered. Moreover, as I said before, I don't think Starrk could summon an unlimited about of those wolves. If you ask me, the reason why he used a sword against Shunsui instead of the wolves was because they were all used up on Love and Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro
    I don't think Love could wear his mask again (for some time) because wolves broke it.
    We've learned from Ichigo that the masks can be reapplied or even fixed at any moment. The mask is just the physical manifestation of their hollow powers. I don't think damaging or destroying the mask itself really does much of anything. As long as the shinigami still has enough reiatsu or is not critically injured, they should be able to summon the mask at any moment. As for the injuries Love sustained from the wolves, they were moderate at best.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; June 12, 2010 at 02:36 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    Love was injured and without a mask, I would put my money on Stark's victory.
    nothing is more obvious than the most obvious fact that Love was NOT injured. how the hell do a torn clothes (without any damage to flesh, look at his arms) couple of scratches and bruises count as injuries? http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/373/18/

Love would simply go bankai and obliterate stark. he would become 10 times stronger and that stupid weapon of his would have become 10 times better, while stark was left without his only cool ability (which failed miserably btw)
    Last edited by AlB; June 12, 2010 at 01:27 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/372/15/
    Considering merely his shikai + mask did that much, I'd be quite scared of what his bankai + mask can do at the moment. Surely starrk would have something to fear when concerning love's bankai, even if the guy does not use a mask (all the other captain bankais had it in them to kill espada with their bankai, I don't see why the case would not be the same with love or any other vizard).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe one of the 11 people who voted for Starrk could share their thoughts on this topic?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Stark's attack shattered Love's mask and any attack that is strong enough to shatter a vizard mask deals a considerable amount of damage. If Love was not injured at all and if he was able to reapply his mask any moment, it means Love was immune to Stark's wolves which doesn't make sense. If Love didn't have his mask, he would have been critically injured, the mask protected him to some extent, this is why he wasn't incapacitated but it doesn't mean he was in good shape. We know what happened to Ichigo after Ulquiorra's cero oscuras attack which shattered Ichigo's mask and dealed a great amount of damage. Ichigo was injured and Ichigo couldn't reapply his mask. Stark said his wolves were stronger than cero, if Stark's strongest attack is not weaker than cero oscuras, then you can understand the amount of damage that was dealt on Love. If Love's durability is not way better than Ichigo's, it's safe to assume that it would have been very hard for him to come back and win under these circumstances. This is my take on the matter.

And I must say appearance alone may be misleading, we have to have reiatsu-meter to measure the extent of damage, for example have a look at Ulquiorra right before he died. Does he look like someone whose internal organs are damaged beyond regeneration? Comparative assessment is always more reliable and saying "Love is not injured" means either Stark's wolves were a joke compared to Ulquiorra's CO or Ichigo's durability was a joke compared to Love's (and Rose's). We know neither is true.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk can reform his wolves in any manner he wants. When they explode it doesn't mean he doesn't have more wolves. Where was it stated that was the case? Nowhere. In fact it stated that the wolves were apart of his soul. His ability is to split his soul. So the wolves would be able to reform as long as Starrk is alive. No matter what Bankai does Love was spent. He had nothing left. That's why Shunsui came in. Starrk being who he is beat Love and Rose together. He said, here comes the death blow. Meaning it was about to be over before Shunsui saved their asses. It's not hard to figure out when that's exactly what the manga shows and states. Sure Love was mad at the end, but when Shunsui said don't try to act like good kids. Getting caught up in matters of style and losing the battle is for UNDERLINGS. In other words, they lost and they're combined skills weren't nearly enough to defeat Stark, who could split his soul into wolves and guns. Lillynette was apart of him. She was only there as a counterpart to his soul. Once he released, he regained ALL of his soul, or Lillynette. The reason he split his soul in the first place was because of how strong and powerful he was. People here state that Love was unhurt. More like Starrk was unhurt. No marks, no scratches, no torn clothing. If we look at Ichigo as a basis, the torn clothing is an indicator of how much reiatsu is left, or how much strength they have. The ripped clothes, the scratches and bruises on Love and Rose were indicators that only a couple wolves were enough to do significant damage to both of them. Now if we see that Stark said he could fire 1000 ceros, my bet is that he could at least do a fraction of that with wolves. Notice how the wolves were apparent but the guns weren't, http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/372/18-19/ that means Lillynette was again apart of Starrk and the wolves, because obviously she was apart of Starrk from the beginning. But when the guns left, the wolves came- which were from the bandoleers on his back http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/373/01/. In that picture on the link I gave, you can clearly see how many wolves there was. Starrk's ability of the wolves came from the guns, even Love figured it out http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/373/14/, but he thought they were ceros. Which they weren't as Starrk explained, they were apart of his soul- in other words, just like lillynette, even in a page before that, he says, 'let's go Starrk', in other words it was lillynette talking to him as the wolves. Here is where Starrk explains it, that they are both him and Lillynette http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/373/16/. So of course, Love and Rose thinking they were ceros were wrong. If you think that Starrk had a limited amount of Wolves, then that's wrong. We see Starrk can produce wolves at command because they are apart of his soul. So as long as he's still alive, those wolves will be present, if they blow up he can produce more. Because they are rendered from his soul and they are turned into weapons.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

if starrk can keep sending waves of wolves he would have done it against Shunsui but he didnt...there would be a limit as the wolves are his soul so keep using them would kill him in the end.

i think starrk can do 2 waves of wolves if that is the case Love could keep up with starrk by smashing Starrk with shikai and mask will wear starrk down and bankai he needs it...

The fight was no where near over Love was ready for Round 2 and to go all out when shunsui turned up. shunsui was not needed to kill starrk instead kubo used the chance to show shunsuis shikai by interupting the fight and making shunsui Fanboys as bad as like Aizen fanboys

love wins
    Last edited by Hystzen; June 14, 2010 at 06:27 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast