Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumo: Why Kidnap Girls?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kisame123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kumo: Why Kidnap Girls?

I wanted to start a discussion on a controversial subject, in light of the recent chapter. Why does Kumogakure kidnap little girls with kekkai genkai or special abilities? I was confident I knew the reason, but until now I have become even more certain as to why only girls are kidnapped. Kumogakure kidnaps little girls to reproduce their kekkai genkai in their village.

we know that Kumo tried to kidnap Hinata when she was young. it is said that Kumo was after the secrets of the Byakugan. that would essentially mean to dissect Hinata's Byakugan and analyze its secrets and weaknesses. however, in light of the recent chapter, I have come to realize that there is another reason why Kumo kidnapped her. Kumogakure only kidnaps little girls, but why not boys? technically, it should have been just as easy to kidnap a little boy to study the secrets of the Byakugan, why girls? it's become obvious that Kumo has something else in mind. they want the Byakugan, and in order to acquire it for their village, they need a source to biologically reproduce it in the village. that means that Kumogakure wanted to reproduce the Hyuuga, or at least brainwash her to become a Kumo nin and force her to marry a Kumo nin. I think the latter is unlikely since the traumatic events will always be a part of her memories, and I don't see her just living a normal life in Kumo.

find it hard to believe? well that's just half of the story, trust me. the recent chapter reveals that Kushina had special chakra and that Kumogakure wanted it pretty badly. Kumogakure tried to kidnap her and bring her back to her village and they would have gotten away with it too if Minato hadn't come to save the day. however, what did they plan to do with the chakra? did they want to dissect her body to analyze her chakra source? couldn't they have killed her as soon as they left the village instead? did they intend to brainwash her, when she was basically already a teenager who was in the academy? what could they possibly analyze from her corpse? chakra isn't something you can counter in battle like the Byakugan. if it's there, it stays there and there's nothing you can really do about it. certainly they didn't plan to make her a jinchuuriki since she was raised in the Konoha academy. there would have been room for doubt in her allegiance, you can't exactly force someone at her age to change allegiances. furthermore, jinchuuriki were usually the spouses or close relatives of the Kage, because of their loyalty and to reflect the power of the kage. Kushina didn't meet either criteria so she couldn't have become the Kumo jinchuuriki. that leaves Kumo with only one option, to have her biologically reproduce that special chakra in their village. Kumo wanted to take advantage of Kushina to reproduce ninja with special chakra, probably to produce the perfect jinchuuriki. this and Hinata's kidnapping basically confirms the idea, as to why Kumo only kidnaps little girls.

I know this is a very disturbing subject, and believe me, I never expected Kishimoto to go this far. however, with Kisame gathering intel on Kumogakure, I can't help but feel Kishimoto has something planned for Kumogakure. we know that Kishimoto is superstitious and he gives every fourth kage a tragic ending. do you think that the Raikage, who was the architect of the Hinata kidnapping, has something in store for him? Kumo is the alliance leader and as I wrote in my 4th shinobi war thread (Please participate on my thread!) that Madara plans to send a chilling message to the rest of the alliance by wiping Kumo off the map. anyways, please feel free to discuss this subject. I brought this subject up because I felt that people only think positive about Kumo and try to lessen the severity of their actions. no one seems to care what Kumo does and I'm seeing silly ideas as to why Kumo would kidnap little girls. the way people praise Kumo for kidnapping little girls, it's actually quite disturbing to see. I made this thread to expose the dark reality of Kumo. as I've said before, Kumogakure has not had a single ninja join Akatsuki and the reason for this is because Kumo is simply far more worse than Akatsuki itself. their ninja don't need to join Akatsuki when they do such terrible things themselves. with the recent revelation of Kushina's kidnapping, Kishimoto is clearly planning something for Kumo.
    Last edited by 3c; June 12, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Square Enix is the cheapest slut in gaming. Do not buy Final Fantasy for the outdated Xbox360!

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kumo: Why Kidnap Girls?

I am not sure if I agree with you about this. While it is possible (in the sense that we cannot disprove it, like Naruto is a chinchilla wearing a human suit) that Kumo is kidnapping girls to take advantage of them to produce KG's in their own village, there is no reason to think that the KG's pass through females only, so it might be more beneficial to kindap boys, who can reproduce in multiple females simultaneously instead of girls who can produce much less offspring in a similar timeframe.

At any rate, we know of two kidnappings/attempts committed by Kumo. There may have been boys kidnapped at other times. I think this topic is tasteless and outlandish to be honest.
    Last edited by 3c; June 12, 2010 at 06:15 PM.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

4. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i think strictly pointing at "re-producing" is meaningless since this is a super-natural manga.
    maybe kumo has a jutsu which can suck the chakra out of a person and place it into another person. this can easyly settle your whole arguement about kushina
    and only 2 girls being kidnapped doesnt even make a point since there is a long period of time between the 2 .they are irrelevant cases except both of them being from konoha and being female
    and have you even consider that maybe they kidnapp girls just because they are easier to deal with ? would you prefer neji instead of hinata ? i dont think so
    Last edited by 3c; June 12, 2010 at 06:15 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Also the fact that they tried to kidnap Hinata, might had to do with her being in the main family. Furthermore Kushina may be really unique and her chakra isn't a family trait. Imo, just a coincidence.

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Kumo is the only village that acts like an actual ninja village so far. You know, trying to increase their military power. I think it's pretty normal for them to try to obtain something valuable as KG from another village, you can see this as a technology theft, not that I approve of kidnapping little girls so they can use them as breeding machines for making ninjas with KG's.
    Last edited by soulbane_zp; June 12, 2010 at 11:21 AM.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the only bad thing that got in my head from chapter 498.
    I wouldn't bet on kidnapping boys to procreate in a manga where men have nose bleeding instead of erection when they see a naked girl. But ninjas have genjutsu, so they could get them to reproduce.
    I hope it's just a coincidende since most Naruto readers in Japan are teenagers. It's a deep and dark idea for such an age.
    I prefer another option: DNA transfer. Just like Orochimaru did with Yamato.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    That's the only bad thing that got in my head from chapter 498.
    I wouldn't bet on kidnapping boys to procreate in a manga where men have nose bleeding instead of erection when they see a naked girl. But ninjas have genjutsu, so they could get them to reproduce.
    I hope it's just a coincidende, most Naruto readers in Japan are teenagers. It's a deep and dark idea.
    I prefer another option: DNA transfer. Just like Orochimaru did with Yamato.
    The thing is, even if the kidnapped boys enjoyed the process, Kumo desires the result under this scenario, which is breeding the bloodline, not the joy or lack of joy in the "victim(s)."

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't someone or other say that villages could reverse engineer a kekkei genkai out of someone who had it? I don't think Kishi is intentionally trying to make these kidnappings that malicious

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Never thought of it that way...
    Kinda disturbing to think that it could actually be true...

I rather think that they can analyze and copy a jutsu...
    For Hinata it's easy, you just have to gouge her eye out and put it into your socket...

For Kushina... I guess it's harder, but in any case, I think they wanted her only so that it would be easier to control the Hachibi with her "special chakra".

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As already pointed out, Trying to breed for a Kekkei Genkai would have a better possibility using males then using females.

Anyway, I think it's just a coincidence that the two times we know about Kumo kidnapping a person with a special ability they were both girls. With Hinata, A child would have been much easier to handle then an adult and Hinata was apparently the only child of the main branch. With Kushina, She seems to be the only one with her special chakra, So there was no other target to choose from.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Capturing girls would make much more sense for Kumo for one singular reason.

We know the Raikage's are all related, and are most likely all male. It's obvious that they would be the ones to mate with Kushina or Hinata so they could produce the best viable offspring.

Think about it, someone with the Raikage's physical prowess mixed with Hyuuga genes would next near unstoppable. Nintaijutsu combined with the Byukuguan would shit on everyone.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Capturing girls would make much more sense for Kumo for one singular reason.

We know the Raikage's are all related, and are most likely all male. It's obvious that they would be the ones to mate with Kushina or Hinata so they could produce the best viable offspring.

Think about it, someone with the Raikage's physical prowess mixed with Hyuuga genes would next near unstoppable. Nintaijutsu combined with the Byukuguan would shit on everyone.
    Ahahahahaa Seriously?

Hinata was a child. Why would the Raikage's sex up a child? That's just wrong
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Ahahahahaa Seriously?
    I don't see how that's funny. Why wouldn't you want to match the strongest clan of your village with one of the strongest clans in the world with one of the most powerful kekkai genkai? Their offspring would be some of the strongest ninja the Narutoverse ever witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Hinata was a child. Why would the Raikage's sex up a child? That's just wrong
    Obviously they would let her grow.
    Last edited by Jack Van Burace; June 14, 2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how that's funny. Why wouldn't you want to match the strongest clan of your village with one of the strongest clans in the world with one of the most powerful kekkai genkai? Their offspring would be some of the strongest ninja the Narutoverse ever witnessed.

And you never thought she would ever try to escape? They would just hide her in a cage when her time is needed? And she would gladly give her body and genes for another village? You've put Kumo in a lot of wrong here.
    Last edited by Jack Van Burace; June 14, 2010 at 08:36 PM.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is that simple, they can steal boys, have them mate, and let the children grow in far greater numbers. I mean, Hinata was like 3 at the time, right?
    Last edited by Jack Van Burace; June 14, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast