Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Gon vs Killua

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gon

15 30.61%
  • Killua

34 69.39%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gon vs Killua

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon vs Killua

Ok, I know we have all thought about this at least once lol. I can't begin to imagine why this thread still does not exist.

The fight takes place in a generic location where neither can have field advantage. No hiding places or such.

Gon cannot go into his adult form, it is fairly obvious he would utterly destroy killua without ever being able to so much as react with it. Basically just a kids fight to the death.

I would lean toward killua personally. His hatsu is more developed IMO and quite deadly. Killua also has massively more developed basic skills considering he has been trained since birth. Not to mention killua seems physically stronger than gon (at least the visit to his place would suggest killua has quite more strength than gon).

Added Poll Question ~vintage
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; June 30, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon vs Killua

Way I've always seen it, they're both ridiculously enormous prodigies in their own respective ways--I believe one striking example occurred when Gon's arm was injured. Some character said something along the lines of... "Those two are a terrifying combo. They both have the potential of 1 in 1 billion people; Killua has his stealth and analytical thinking, whereas Gon has stubbornness, endurance, and recovery time greater than anyone should ever have."

Killua seems to have a head start on developing his potential. Earlier in the series, this mattered a LOT more--if we use some arbitrary point system, we might say Killua ranked in at 200, while Gon was a 40, 160 behind.

Now, however, Killua might be a 10000 and Gon is a 9840.

Basically, those initial differences are still there, but they matter a lot less. And I'd argue that Gon's nen skills are in their own way just as good as Killua's, just oriented towards different specialties.

So yes, barring any luck and assuming that both Killua and Gon are having completely average days, Killua would probably win, but he'd be extremely injured, perhaps crippled afterwards.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Shinichiro, but I need to say something extra.

In the begining, there wasn't a great difference on their fighting style, other than Killua being more deadly. Nowadays, Janjanken guu is hella' stronger than any other skill between Morau, Knucke, Shoot, Killua, etc. It's fuckin' strong, maybe better than Ubougin's punch (the one from the spider). But, it's a slow attack, and Killua is faster than Gon even in normal fighting (now I can say that is a 10000 to 9850 difference), but with his new skill, Killua is now 100000, can say he's the fastest if you don't considere dead Pitou, the King and adult Gon. Gon is fast, a lot, but he was careless agains a faster Pitou and was saved by Killua (who is fast enough to RUN from Pitou, not sure if can compete).

So it's more difficult to compare now. But yeah, Killua is better than Gon, at least on a fight. But they two, together, are a lot more deadly. Let's say Killua would win the fight (Killua always won on trainings, he always had better results)

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think gon's rock (as a kid) is anywhere near in strength compared to that of uvo. He has much less experience and even now considerably less nen. Not to mention uvo's technique was for the most part fully developed while gons rock has merely reached an advanced state of development. Gon at this point would be fodder to uvo IMO.

I do think there was a significant difference between their fighting stiles though. Killua was trained from the second he was born, he had acquired an inherent finese which even now gon might lack since he learned how to fight by being in the woods and stuff. Gon even had to train to open the first door of killua's house while killua could open up to the third one.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm saying because of the "Cracks". In GI, Gon's hit was very good, on the test to enter he did a good hole on the wall. We saw the potencial of Ubougin, and Gon evolved A LOT. Remember the fear he caused in Morau and Knuckle, as he was accumulating aura. Now, with the new skill, no question: GON IS BETTER. But yeah, I don't know if Ubougin is stronger anymore... Not so sure as you are

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

id have to disagree with Gon being fodder to Ubougin even without Gon's latest mutation. id say, gon and killua had grown significantly since before GI, the ryodan arc. itll be really difficult to compare, but id say, Gon and Killua now, are at least about middle ryodan level. definitely stronger dan shizuku, machi, and the other zoldick girl, even if Gon and Killuas nen are both still developing,.

as for Gon Vs Killua., if the fight is quick. then itll be killua's victory. but given external factors like rage and whatnot, and Gon's mutation. id say, itll be difficult to tell. Gon, in mutated form, is easily above Pitou's level. and Killua, currently, should be a tad bit, below Pitou.

Killua has always been slightly above Gon, but given Gon's unpredictability with tactics and nen capacity, it should somehow close the gap in their skills in terms of fight outcome.
    Last edited by ordoghaz; June 02, 2010 at 05:31 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid to give a total affirmation without knowing what's the risk of Gon latest technique. >_>
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon cannot go into his adult form in this thread.... its a kids fight.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I know. But I'm uncertain of the true nature of his technique and if he can reverse it, the usage of it (Can it be repeated? How? Why? Under which circumstances?) and the risk. "Adult Gon" is effect of his Nen, so It's silly to ignore because we are not ignoring Killua God of Speed technique.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    I know, I know. But I'm uncertain of the true nature of his technique and if he can reverse it, the usage of it (Can it be repeated? How? Why? Under which circumstances?) and the risk. "Adult Gon" is effect of his Nen, so It's silly to ignore because we are not ignoring Killua God of Speed technique.
    You're assuming what Gon's using is a technique...

If we're including Gon's latest transformation, my money's definitely in Killua as the winner in a fight, because it's fairly clear that Gon's done permanent damage to himself in the last few chapters.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Though i love them both, Killua would definitely beat Gon in combat. He's got greater speed, strength, and ability. Gon's main attack is also slow, which Killua is sure to capatalize on.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichiro View Post
    You're assuming what Gon's using is a technique...
    You're assuming that He's not...Which at this point IS uncertain.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    You're assuming that He's not...Which at this point IS uncertain.
    Nope, I'm just choosing to leave it out of the equation because it seems just as likely that it could hurt him as help him, whereas Killua's speed thingie is definitely a new technique, a development.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaning towards Killua in this fight. Killua's speed makes it impossible for Gon to get a shot at him, especially since Killua is intimately aware of Gon's abilities. Nevertheless, what prevents Killua from stomping this fight are the facts that (1) Gon is also intimately aware of Killua's abilities and (2) can probably tank Killua's attacks. Killua can't maintain his speed indefinately. If he can't finish Gon before his Hatsu's effect wears off, he isn't walking away from this fight without major damage.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

hm .. i vote for gon :X he can be the best althrough killua still be fantacstic = = but if they are in one battle i think gon will be the winner :>

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast