Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for next arc

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Predictions for next arc

Well i'm sure the wait for the hiatus is frustrating for everyone(it's only been a week and i miss it so much lol) so i thought i'd create this thread to hear your thoughts on what the arc will be after the current chimera arc, if of course this isn't the last one. I personally think it will be something to do with Jairo since he has been coming up a lot in recent chapters. I'd also love if it focused on kurapika and the ryodan and leorio made another appearance(i freakin love that guy!!!) well what do u all think?
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predictions for next arc

Both Greed Island and Chimera Ant arcs are focused on Gon and Killue, so I feel very likely that next arc will focus on something else. Since the Ryodan made a brief appearance in this arc, I feel like the next one will be a second Ryodan arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It is still too soon to be thinking on this cuz the current arc will not end this soon, manly because of the current Hiatus and the possible future Hiatus. I think that it is needed for the manga and it would also be cool for us if on the next arc, important characters like Kurapika and Leorio appeared again. It is necessary for them to get a little more development specially Leorio, though most of it will probably be off-screen.
    But an appearance of Ryodan will definitely be good too, though i don't think that after this arc, they will be much a "threat" to Gon and Killua any more. Cuz the current Villains of this Arc are definitely stronger than them, and for example IMO the King is stronger than Kuroro, manly because i don't think that Kuroro, would be able to defeat Netero, like the King did.
    So if Gon and Killua overcome the difficulties that were set in this current arc, i think that the "paper" of Ryodan will be a little different.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to make predictions in this manga. I didn't see the Chimera Ant Arc coming.

However I'm expecting a Gon recovery arc, just like what most people are thinking of. This only happens if Gon won't get well in the following chapters of this arc, of course, and I don't see thing happening soon.

I would, however, like it if there's another unexpected arc coming along, one that focuses on other characters. A Ging Freecs arc would be nice.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to make predictions, no one really expected Chimera arc either.

Gon is both physically and mentally broken, so recovery arc is very likely. I'd also like to see progress with Ging, Kurapika and Leorio. So I think a vacation. Killua & Co. will drag broken Gon on a tourist resort spawned around the legendary ruins his dad discovered. Not only to have fun, but it is pretty much only unfollowed glue towards Ging. Phinx wore eqyptian style clothing at one point, so maybe that is were he is from, and thus Ryodan could also be tied in.

I wouldn't mind though leaving Gon alone for awhile, and jumping to Hisoka (vs. Kuroro) mini-arc.

There are also othe un-explored possibilities. The ninja guy from the examn and his quest for the ancient scroll. The one researcher who invited Gon to visit her home. I think there are more too. Aftermath arc about the surviving/good ants adapting to live with humans. Also Jairo, though we might still see more ofhim in this arc, as well as immigration of ants.
    Last edited by Ustegius; July 25, 2011 at 08:15 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be cool if in the next arc (whatever it will be)
    gon and killua and kurapika and leorio meet each other again after this long time

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that the next Arc will focus on Gon's recovery. It would be nice to see how Killua would try to build him up and thus deepening their friendship. When things are said done it would be then goodbye for them. Many seemed to forget that Killua's condition for entering NGL was to overcome Illumi's manipulation when he fought Shoot. So I think that Killua will leave Gon's side after he has fully recovered from Kaito's loss.

Random thought that I have here is Kaito's dead body still emits aura. And Gon, who has according to Pitou, sacrificed his own talent and Nen in order to obtain that magnitude of Nen. We know that in the world of Nen that almost anything is possible, so my thought of Gon's only way to regain his Nen back would be if he somehow incorporates Kaito's nen onto himself. This way Kaito would literally live within him and due to that Gon's Nen category would probably change into Specialization. I mean it would be kinda sad not to see Kaito's kick ass Nen ability again and besides Gon is a good gambler at least in Janken. He could predict which weapons he gets.

Credits:Shinsatsu

9. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Interesting theory that one. That way he could also receive some of Kaitos memories, giving him possily more info or hints about Ging.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    ^ Interesting theory that one. That way he could also receive some of Kaitos memories, giving him possily more info or hints about Ging.
    Yeah, this might also work it would be the same as the King experienced it.

I also think after the recovery Arc of Gon we will finally get to see the most anticipated fight in the entire manga: Hisoka vs Kuroro. This arc could also blend well with a Kurapica comeback since he is somehow connected with the Ryodan. The fact that we didn't get to see the other members of the Ryodan in the Ant Arc leads me to believe that the others especially Nobunaga are already looking for Kurapica.

Credits:Shinsatsu

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Yeah, this might also work it would be the same as the King experienced it.

I also think after the recovery Arc of Gon we will finally get to see the most anticipated fight in the entire manga: Hisoka vs Kuroro. This arc could also blend well with a Kurapica comeback since he is somehow connected with the Ryodan. The fact that we didn't get to see the other members of the Ryodan in the Ant Arc leads me to believe that the others especially Nobunaga are already looking for Kurapica.
    Yeah i definitely agree with everything you said and i think this can much likely end happening, but i just hope that Togashi also gives a bit screen time to Leorio, that is definitely of the important characters the one that more development still needs IMO.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I am almost positive that this will be the last batch of chapters of Chimera ant arc, because of the anime announcement, like how FMA Brotherhood was done back when Hiromu Arakawa knew the story was coming to an ending soon, sure shed had to stretch the couple of last chapters (From 40 or so pages per chapter to 60 or so and to 100 in the last one).
    Anyway there are LOOOOTS of things that could happen, and knowing Togashi he could just call it quits in a weird fashion (Like YYH), IIRC there was this Hunter (Melody was it?) that was looking for a song that killed people?? Or the ninja from the first arc.. Genei Ryodan.. Ging.. Tower of Heaven.. Killua's brother (It was a mystery, right?) Lots of things unresolved, AND knowing Togashi he could just like make other arc out of nowhere like GL and Chimera Ant arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I also think that the next Arc will focus on Gon's recovery. It would be nice to see how Killua would try to build him up and thus deepening their friendship. When things are said done it would be then goodbye for them. Many seemed to forget that Killua's condition for entering NGL was to overcome Illumi's manipulation when he fought Shoot. So I think that Killua will leave Gon's side after he has fully recovered from Kaito's loss.

Random thought that I have here is Kaito's dead body still emits aura. And Gon, who has according to Pitou, sacrificed his own talent and Nen in order to obtain that magnitude of Nen. We know that in the world of Nen that almost anything is possible, so my thought of Gon's only way to regain his Nen back would be if he somehow incorporates Kaito's nen onto himself. This way Kaito would literally live within him and due to that Gon's Nen category would probably change into Specialization. I mean it would be kinda sad not to see Kaito's kick ass Nen ability again and besides Gon is a good gambler at least in Janken. He could predict which weapons he gets.
    Wow that's a very interesting theory, imagine Gon with Kaito's nen ability's that would just be incredible!

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that gon's father in on the battlefield, and hel'll meet gon at the end of the arc and that togashi will end it soon

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

that would be a lame end it should continue normal it wont end that fast never

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I find this manga a tad hard to predict beyond extremely general and obvios things. Greed island was mentioned as a game early but who would have thought the manga could possible develop in that way? The chimera ant arc was completely random to say the least.

I do think gin will appear for a sec to help out gon though. Gin is a hunter who dedicates himself to discovering and restoring ruins. In this regard I think it would make sense for his ability to be to restore things to what they used to be. If his ability is this then at a great personal cost, since what he would be restoring would be immense -gons potential- then he could get gon to what he was like before he used his grown form.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast