Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Yoruichi or SoiFon?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoruichi

34 94.44%
  • SoiFon

2 5.56%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yoruichi vs Soi fon rematch??

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MissElementality's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi vs Soi fon rematch??

I think Yoruich has this one easily,because,let me explain why - since her departure from Soul Society, she "has kept her distance from battle". This means that since she disappeared, she has not fought in a battle for over 100 years before the storyline. Her segregation from fighting seems to be the main reason for Yoruichi's initial struggle during her fight with Soifon after she returns to Soul Society.

And to be honest, while Soi Fon has shown some amazing feats, but I still believe Yoruichi to be superior to her. Soi Fon wasn't able to execute plausible damage to Aizen before he transformed,And Yoruichi was able to do so even after he transformed. Plus the that fact that Yoruichi has Shikai and Bankai, which has yet to be revealed. So to sum it up ,I still think Yoruichi will be able to defeat Soi Fon(not sayig they will ever fight again) but this is what i think.

Plus Yoruichi has great endurance too - in her prime she could use hundreds of shunpo, one after the other without getting tired. Now, when she was carrying Ichigo away from Byakuya she comments, "Only a couple HUNDRED shunpo and I'm already out of breath", which shows her endurance is still great even though she has been away from the battlefield for a century. She's not called the Goddess of Flash for nothing

And then there's Shunko. Although both of them can use it, Yoruichi learnt it a long time before Soi Fon did, and can use it more effectively.
    Last edited by MissElementality; June 14, 2010 at 07:52 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yoruichi vs Soi fon rematch??

Not a match Soi fon couldn't even pierce Aizen's skin with her shekai because her spirit power was too weak compare to his pre evoultion while she was putting dents in him easily and she was able to keep up with his speed. She is light years ahead of Soi fon even when she was fighting with Soi fon at soul society she wasn't trying to kill her. The skills she showed now makes Soi fon looks like a VC compared to her strength.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Yoruichi definitely has this one. I think she would've won against Soifon back in Soul Society if the battle had continued, specially once she got serious with shunkou, it was clear who was still superior, even as Yuruichi was out of shape.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/03/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/05/

Also, I'm pretty sure Yuruichi must have a shikai and bankai too. And she did fairly well against Hōgyoku Aizen, granted you can say that that Aizen was careless and didn't care much about hits, but still...you can see that her attacks were good enough to crack aizen's armor.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/405/12/

Yuruichi was still superior when she fought Soifon in Soul society, and I think Yuruichi has been training to get back in shape now as well. Therefore, I'm pretty sure she would win if they were to fight again. (specially if you include shikai + bankai for Yuruichi, though we haven't seen what she can do with her Zanpakutou...but she must have one.)

Edit:

Also, just wondering...I'm also kinda new here..but shouldn't this go in the "El Campo de Batalla de las Almas" section of the forums? Kinda feels like it should.
    Last edited by Jackk; June 14, 2010 at 01:48 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    Not a match Soi fon couldn't even pierce Aizen's skin with her shekai because her spirit power was too weak compare to his pre evoultion while she was putting dents in him easily and she was able to keep up with his speed. She is light years ahead of Soi fon even when she was fighting with Soi fon at soul society she wasn't trying to kill her. The skills she showed now makes Soi fon looks like a VC compared to her strength.
    Yeah...SoiFon's shikai was useless aginst Aizen.

Man...the things i have seen Yoruichi do,makes me believe shes far ahead of SoiFon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    Yeah, Yoruichi definitely has this one. I think she would've won against Soifon back in Soul Society if the battle had continued, specially once she got serious with shunkou, it was clear who was still superior, even as Yuruichi was out of shape.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/03/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/05/

Also, I'm pretty sure Yuruichi must have a shikai and bankai too. And she did fairly well against Hōgyoku Aizen, granted you can say that that Aizen was careless and didn't care much about hits, but still...you can see that her attacks were good enough to crack aizen's armor.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/405/12/

Yuruichi was still superior when she fought Soifon in Soul society, and I think Yuruichi has been training to get back in shape now as well. Therefore, I'm pretty sure she would win if they were to fight again. (specially if you include shikai + bankai for Yuruichi, though we haven't seen what she can do with her Zanpakutou...but she must have one.)

Edit:

Also, just wondering...I'm also kinda new here..but shouldn't this go in the "El Campo de Batalla de las Almas" section of the forums? Kinda feels like it should.
    Yeah..im new here to.
    Last edited by MissElementality; June 14, 2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member osking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol

She got taken out in no time by the Genjutsu King along with 3 other captains. Then you have Yoruichi who punched through the Condom King, whom is far superior to his original state especially in the department of durability. Just 1 hit from Yoruichi, whom is still far faster than Soifon, and its all over.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that Yoruichi would win, but I voted for Soifon.

1) She did not have a vote. ^^

2) Her bankai is powerful.
    If she manages a head on strike with that, not too many people would make it back.

She did put up a good fight against Yoruichi back in the Soul Society arc.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

yourichi would win as she was toying with soi fon back in the SS arc.

Soi fon is not weak she didnt hurt Aizen because.

1) her arm was cut off
    2) her reitsu was drained after firing her bankai 2 times which tired her out.

she was heavliy fatigued so you cant say soi fon is weak.

either way youruchi is far ahead in skill n speed

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissElementality View Post
    Wasnt that a long time ago,like so many chapters back??
    yea, but time wise in Bleach, it was probably less than an hour ago.

Soi Fon didn't fail to pierce Aizen with her shikai, the ability just didn't work on him, because his reiatsu was so much more powerful than her's. that happenes with a lot of kido-type moves. just like Orihime had trouble healing Ichigo from the damage Ulquiorra inflicted.
    that doesn't mean Soi Fon is weak, it means that because of the reiatsu difference between her and Aizen, her special ability was supressed by him.

Soi Fon is so much better than everybody gives her credit for being.

still, Yoruichi is obviously better.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanzokuken View Post
    yea, but time wise in Bleach, it was probably less than an hour ago.

Soi Fon didn't fail to pierce Aizen with her shikai, the ability just didn't work on him, because his reiatsu was so much more powerful than her's. that happenes with a lot of kido-type moves. just like Orihime had trouble healing Ichigo from the damage Ulquiorra inflicted.
    that doesn't mean Soi Fon is weak, it means that because of the reiatsu difference between her and Aizen, her special ability was supressed by him.

Soi Fon is so much better than everybody gives her credit for being.

still, Yoruichi is obviously better.
    I can agree,and i never said Soi Fon was weak.

Well,even if she wasnt worn out,she still wouldent have done much damage,her shikai didnt work on him,i mean it was proven her is endurence was pretty good,cause she could still use her bankai even after she had her arm blown off,anyways nevermind that.

Just the fact that when I say Yoruichi is stronger, as she was able to defeat Soi Fon for real in the SS arc,Also, I guess she, Kisuke, and Isshin are grouped as extraordinarily strong shinigami right now, while the Captains like Soi Fon are just regular strongs.
    Last edited by MissElementality; June 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member osking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soifons no weakling its just that Yoruichi is basically her clone and that she happened to be the better clone of the two.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's put it this way, in hand to hand combat and hohou (shunpo and such), they are more or less equals.

In their fight it seemed like Soi Fon had the advantage, but only because she had her shikai, that means every time she landed a strike with her zanpakutou hand, a butterfly mark would appear.

Anyways, Yoruichi is good enough to stop Soi Fon's shikai with her own hand to hand and hohou skills. Then her shunko skills are far superior, not to mention that she has her own shikai and bankai as well.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Let's put it this way, in hand to hand combat and hohou (shunpo and such), they are more or less equals.

In their fight it seemed like Soi Fon had the advantage, but only because she had her shikai, that means every time she landed a strike with her zanpakutou hand, a butterfly mark would appear.

Anyways, Yoruichi is good enough to stop Soi Fon's shikai with her own hand to hand and hohou skills. Then her shunko skills are far superior, not to mention that she has her own shikai and bankai as well.
    I guess she prefers not to use it,probably the same reason SoiFon doesnt want to use hers,And she definately has enough speed to evade from being struck in the same spot twice,their speed is not equal either,Yoruichi is faster.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

easy win for yoruichi, nothing has changed except that soi fon lost the prospect of a useful bankai, so i guess something has changed, soi-fon is even worse.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    easy win for yoruichi, nothing has changed except that soi fon lost the prospect of a useful bankai, so i guess something has changed, soi-fon is even worse.
    i wouldn't call her bankai useless. it's got tons of power, it's just hard to set up so that you have a sure hit. use it late in a fight, when your opponent is worn down, maybe trap them with some kido, etc etc. if they get hit, they're almost definitely finished, unless they're a super reiatsu tanker (Aizen, Yama, Ichigo?).

Barragan's injuries would have killed anybody who wasn't a skeleton.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanzokuken View Post
    i wouldn't call her bankai useless. it's got tons of power, it's just hard to set up so that you have a sure hit. use it late in a fight, when your opponent is worn down, maybe trap them with some kido, etc etc. if they get hit, they're almost definitely finished, unless they're a super reiatsu tanker (Aizen, Yama, Ichigo?).

Barragan's injuries would have killed anybody who wasn't a skeleton.
    i meant useless in a fight with yoruichi, im sure its one of the most powerful bankai shown so far just not useful in this situation.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast