Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime do You Want to Have Another Season?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Anime do You Want to Have Another Season?

Sometimes an anime series or an Asian drama is so good that you would love to have more of it, or sometimes when it’s an adaptation of a manga and the series just covered the first part of the manga you would like for the series to continue and cover the rest of the story, or sometimes you are not satisfied with the way things ended and would like to have another season with a much proper ending.

So with that in mind I would like to ask you guys, which anime or Asian drama would you like to have another season?

The ones I can think of at the moment are:

Ouran High School Host Club: It is one of my favorite anime series. I really like Bones’ adaptation of the manga so I would definitely love to see the rest of the manga animated.

Skip Beat: The anime adaptation of the manga was pretty good, but things get so much better after the point where the anime ended that it would be a shame to not anime the rest of the story.

Clannad: I’m a huge Clannad fan, so I would love to have another season where we could see all the characters’ (not just Nagisa and Tomoya) lives as grown ups.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 30, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which anime would you like to have another season?

Bakemonogatari of course...now if only they released the last episode of the first season already. Its guaranteed to get a second season, but Shaft is taking sooooo long ;__;

and as for a show that deserves another season...definitely Bounen no Xamdou, its such an underrated show.

Darker than Black is also another show that should get another season...I don't know if it will but the second season's ending was pretty open ended. More Hei isn't bad in my books~

and finally....Tetsuwan Birdy Decode desperately needs a third season, but it won't get one at this rate. Another underrated masterpiece

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The one that i remember :

i really want second season of bamboo blade, the ending of the first season was bad. i want a new season to cover the Banish Academy Arc

Sayonara Zetsubou sensei also deseves new season.

Third season for Hayate no Gotoku is also good. A-tan needs to be animated.

Full Metal Panic Third season (Not counting fumoffu)

Another season for Shikabane Hime, the second season ending was pretty open.
    it may be impossible, the series is underrated.

Seitokai no Ichizon second season. I really loved this show, even it's by studio deen.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    Bakemonogatari of course...now if only they released the last episode of the first season already. Its guaranteed to get a second season, but Shaft is taking sooooo long ;__;
    Another season of Bakemonogatari would be cool. From what I’ve read regarding the novels, it seems Hitagi’s development as a character gets even more interesting as the story progresses.

And since you have mentioned Shaft, with the end of Arakawa Under the Bridge just around the corner, I definitely wouldn’t mind another season of this awesome series. I don’t know how much of the manga the anime has covered, but I hope there is enough manga material left to have another season of AUB.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 17, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Guyver is one that needs an anime update or new season.

For those who don't know about it, read the Guyver wiki.

The anime ended with 26 episodes. Worth the watch if you guys haven't already.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I want some sequel for Zombie-Loan. 13 episodes seem not enough and they didn't gave a proper ending for it even a filler end episode.
    They just stopped when the A-Loan & Z-Loan just started to have rivalry. Its one of the exciting arcs that should have been continued.
    The manga is still ongoing and the anime ended way far behind.

As for Arakawa under the Bridge, i like Destiny's idea, a second season would be great but maybe not more than 25 episodes because the story (as well as the humour) would be too much stretched out, imo...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi

If I say it tens times it has to come true. I want more Mushishi anime. They finished up around volume 6 of the manga and they have 4 more to go. Maybe another season to wrap up the story for all the fans. :3 Even though I can live with the current anime ending, it want more.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Air Gear: There's still way too much manga for the anime to cover. The manga's over 200 chapters and the anime ended somewhere before chapter 100. It was a great series, though the animation could've been a bit better.

Skip Beat!: I'd really like to see this series continue. Its probably my favourite shoujo anime and one of the most hilarious. It could also use a few improvements in the animation department.

Soul Eater: Didn't really like the ending. Its not going to be easy to continue this series or remake it like FMA due to it having covered a lot of the manga. Still, it would be great to see it continue.

Claymore: Same as Soul Eater.

Hunter X Hunter: It just stopped all of a sudden. I know that the current arc hasn't finished yet, but still... Its been way too long...

D. Gray-Man: I hope they'll continue this series. The ending was pretty open. The manga just needs to get ahead a little more is all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish i seen another of season as

History Strongest Disciple Kenichi ...

Season 1 cover Five fist arc but beyond so many arc will need to be animated ...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~S.a.k.u.r.a. no HaNa~ View Post
    As for Arakawa under the Bridge, i like Destiny's idea, a second season would be great but maybe not more than 25 episodes because the story (as well as the humour) would be too much stretched out, imo...
    I wanted a second season when I thought AUB was going to be only 13 episodes, but it seems like it’s going to 26 eps instead of just 13. Now with 26 eps, I don’t know if a second season will be needed…mmm…I wonder if there is enough manga material for a second season if we get 26 episodes….

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Air Gear: There's still way too much manga for the anime to cover. The manga's over 200 chapters and the anime ended somewhere before chapter 100. It was a great series, though the animation could've been a bit better.
    Air Gear is part of my must-watch anime list, so another season will be awesome since I wouldn’t need to catch up with the manga to find out what happens after the last episode of the anime ends.

Skip Beat!: I'd really like to see this series continue. Its probably my favourite shoujo anime and one of the most hilarious. It could also use a few improvements in the animation department.
    Yay! Another person who would like a second season of Skip Beat.

Soul Eater: Didn't really like the ending. Its not going to be easy to continue this series or remake it like FMA due to it having covered a lot of the manga. Still, it would be great to see it continue.
    I didn’t like the ending either, mainly because it diverged so greatly from the manga. I enjoyed watching all the canon episodes, but the moment they started with their anime original storyline and episodes I stopped watching SE. I really would like to have another season of Soul Eater, one that will cover the manga and will follow the original story just like FMAB did.

D. Gray-Man: I hope they'll continue this series. The ending was pretty open. The manga just needs to get ahead a little more is all.
    Same as what I said for Air Gear.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yabe's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

For now, I hope for the 3rd season of Oofuri from A-1. The 2nd season is ending in one more episode which saddens me, but the final episode's title gives a clue to a new beginning which keeps my hope up.

I don't know how much there is to the series, but know the manga hasn't finished so I wish that the mangaka would keep this series up so long as the team reaches Koshien and that A-1 would continue producing the anime along with it. I like this anime a lot and this season has been quite impressive (even though it still remains as a bit too bromantic as the 1st).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well
    DGM has a lot left so they can make a 2nd season ..same with kekaishi...
    now i would really like a second movie of the legendary Spirited Away....it was TOOO AWESOME ..i wanna see that wolrd thorough chihiros experience again....follow her footsteps...Spirited Away should have a SA 2
    Hunter x Hunter is another on e of my favi should have one
    and i wouldnt call it a different season but they should really remake the School rumble season 3 completely..What the hell was that 3 epi supposed to mean...the season 3 was supposed to be like another 24 eps and they gave us only last 3 eps

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Fruits Basket needs a second season, to finish everything off. But iirc, the mangaka didn't like the adaptation... or was it the mangaka of Karekano?

now I'm confused. -_-

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With only six more episodes left before the end, I would really like a second season of Giant Killing. I don’t know how much of the manga the anime has covered but I have the feeling there is enough manga material that hasn’t been touched and that would be more than enough to have a second season of this awesome anime. I know the ending will more than likely be open-ended, but I don’t want that. I want to keep rooting for ETU and Tatsumi , I want to see my team making it all the way to the championship finals and since 26 episodes are not enough I really, really hope we have another season of GK.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi Mushishi

If I say it tens times it has to come true. I want more Mushishi anime. They finished up around volume 6 of the manga and they have 4 more to go. Maybe another season to wrap up the story for all the fans. :3 Even though I can live with the current anime ending, it want more.
    Quoted for agreement. The live-action movie is not appealing to me. A feature-length anime movie would be fine, but Mushishi is really one of the series that could really pull off another season and daaaaaaaaaaaamn, do I want to see more of that series.

Another series I feel the same way for is Kino's Journey (Kino no Tabi). Have only watched the series, not the movies, so I really want to see more of this series. Haven't gotten a hold on the movies either, so another season wouldn't hurt.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast