Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime do You Want to Have Another Season?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member One Eyed Sharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which anime would you like to have another season?

- GITS SAC
    - Akagi
    - ONE OUTS
    - Kaiji
    - Mushishi
    - Gintama

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Durarara!! The anime only covered a bit of the light novel, so there's heaps more of the storyline to be told in an anime.
    Also, the anime kind of finished with a feel of ....being unfinished
    It would be great to see more of Kasuka, because I read somewhere that he plays a bigger role later on (I think)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Phenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, not one word for Rurouni Kenshin. I'm offended

Joking aside, while I haven't seen that filler arc of Rurouni Kenshin everyone dreads I do still wish the Jinchuu arc was animated. With a show like Inuyasha having it's last arc done makes me wonder why RK won't animate Jinchuu.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I thought the OVAs were good enough for RK. although there was a lot missed, I think that having left some things out ought to give justice to the manga, so that people would read the manga as well

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Morigan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really would have liked to see the Nana anime continue. I enjoy the manga, but since a lot of it is about music I like to see it animated in picture and sound. It had great music in it

I heard they might continue the anime after the manga has finished, but since the manga's on hold right now it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen anytime soon

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Phenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Well I thought the OVAs were good enough for RK. although there was a lot missed, I think that having left some things out ought to give justice to the manga, so that people would read the manga as well
    I'd agree with you but some of those fights need to be animated. Seeing Wato-jutsu in motion would be a treat. I wouldn't even mind if they did an OVA of the Jinchuu arc.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, another season of Nana would sound good too, me being a BIG nana fan. @_@

But yeah, I do think it's unlikely as long as the manga's discontinued.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Morigan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Hmm, another season of Nana would sound good too, me being a BIG nana fan. @_@

But yeah, I do think it's unlikely as long as the manga's discontinued.
    i'm glad to hear you like nana too lets hope Yazawa Ai recovers soon (I really hope she does go back to work at all ) so we can see some more nana action ^^ and maybe get some good anna tsuchiya / black stones songs ^^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Biassed's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Among the posted ones, I am voting for Skip Beat and Claymore
    Fruit Basket would be nice.
    I want new seasons for
    Lucky Star
    Azumanga Daioh
    Working
    Claymore
    Kekkaishi

Oops! forgot the xxxholic
    Last edited by Biassed; September 14, 2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd wait for Claymore manga to be finished before ever hoping for another anime season.

Lucky Star would sound good, Biassed.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that Ookami-san To Shichinin No Nakama-tachi is over, I would definitely like another season of this series. There are many things I didn’t get an answer to like :

Spoiler: don’t click if you haven’t watched Ooka-mi and you don’t want to be spoiled show
    and many other things. The fact that the last episode was open-ended and, if I’m not mistaken, the light novel is still running give me hope that there could be a second season in the future.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the last episode of “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes” today, what an amazing series this one has been, at least IMHO. I have enjoyed every episode (except the first one) of this anime, and I really hope there is a second season of it. They are many things regarding the TLOTLH universe and regarding the characters I would like to know more about. The ratings for the series haven’t been good, but I do hope the sales of the novels and the sales of the DVDs are good enough to encourage the anime team behind TLOTLH to produce a second season of this awesome series. Please, please let it be a second season!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

All three of the series I've listed ended when there was still material to work with! Argh!

Durarara!!!*: The ending made it seem as if there was going to be more. It had 25 episodes so why not make it a full-year at least? (My greed is showing.) Nothing really happened yet so I'm hoping for a second season.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei*: It's an episodic show so it would be okay to have fillers. There's not really an overlying plot so it can be like Sazae-san or Doraemon. Perhaps not airing forever (because as much as I love it, it would be too much) so a few more seasons would suffice.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn: The current arc needs to be animated. If the time was shifted to a later slot, I think it would work really well.

*Part of the reason is also because I've become a huge fan of Kamiya Hiroshi.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmm,

Kino no Tabi ~ The first season was iirc based on the first volume of the light novel series (14 volumes in total). This journey anime impressed me a lot because the "guy" - kino - (a girl appearing like a guy) travels with his talking motorcycle through different countries. The dialogues between Kino and his motorcycle are really great (philosophical, emotional, comical, dramatic,..). The countries in which Kino travels are countries in which she is always faced by existential question: is the world beautiful or not? Why violence? Why oppression? Prophecies? etc... As a viewer you are faced with existential questions through an imaginary, fantasy world. The viewer copes with these issues on his own way, if not Kino's way. Kino no tabi can be compared with le petit prince. It is definitely a great journey anime

Spoiler:  example - "Land of Books -Nothing Is Written!-""Hon no Kuni" (本の国) show
    Last edited by Koen; December 18, 2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Would definitely love a second season for

Durarara!!
    Great series as a whole. I personally preferred it to Baccano!. Also, Celty's head thing was not dealt with as thoroughly as I had hoped. The ending was slightly wanting, as a result. A second season could tie up all these loose ends. Also, the novel is still ongoing!

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
    I'm saying this without having watched the last episode yet, but I know the ending deviated from the novels. I also know there is little hope, what with the poor ratings and sales. BUT, I would still love to see a second season. The story is so rich with so many characters and so many subplots. One season was definitely far from enough.

Full Metal Panic!
    Rather than a second season, this would be me wishing for a third season (not counting Fumoffu as a season). It was a great mecha action comedy, and the novels are also not over yet. There was supposed to be something in the works, but no official word yet...

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast