Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime do You Want to Have Another Season?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which anime would you like to have another season?

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Durarara!!!*: The ending made it seem as if there was going to be more. It had 25 episodes so why not make it a full-year at least? (My greed is showing.) Nothing really happened yet so I'm hoping for a second season.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn: The current arc needs to be animated. If the time was shifted to a later slot, I think it would work really well.
    I absolutely agree with you and Salad, there should be a secon season for Durarara!!. There's still a lot unsolved and the Novel's still going on (so more than enough material to animate). I enjoyed both Durarara!! and Baccano! but I would prefer a second Durarara!! season.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn: The series ending was such a big surprise I thought the animation studio did a good job, there weren't much awesome animations but it was never bad. If the current Arc is the last one (I doubt it), everything could be solved in an awesome animated OVA. I would love to see a second season, if there is at least one more arc to come! (with another time slot, because Byakuran should have held Tsuna in his own hands ).

Darker than Black: Even though the second season wasn't as good as the first one, I would still like to see how the story turns out. I really hope BONES will announce a new season.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The ending of Durarara!!! made it seem as if there was going to be a second season. Although the events around the three protagonists were tied up, I really wanted a focus on Celty herself. The anime increased the popularity of the series so hopefully the growing number of fans will indicate to the studio that we all want a second helping!

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn: The series ending was such a big surprise I thought the animation studio did a good job, there weren't much awesome animations but it was never bad. If the current Arc is the last one (I doubt it), everything could be solved in an awesome animated OVA. I would love to see a second season, if there is at least one more arc to come! (with another time slot, because Byakuran should have held Tsuna in his own hands ).
    If you haven't seen it already, KHR has a VOMIC of the current arc released. I'm not sure if it's an indicator of another season though. Even if one doesn't read the manga, it's still pretty clear that Tsuna's journey is still ongoing.

I'm also hoping for another time slot. The themes in the current chapters are pretty dark after all, which might be a reason why the anime ended. Here's hoping for a revival like Gintama!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AL_Briton's Avatar
    Country
    Honduras
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz!!! Definitely waiting for another season, and not a continuation of the crappy ending they make of the anime.
    Another one would be Berserk but that is already sure so yay!
    Bakemonogatari, even a OVA or a prequel and i would by happy...
    Also waiting for next seasons of Hajime no Ippo and Initial D!!!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic138827_1.gif

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    If you haven't seen it already, KHR has a VOMIC of the current arc released. I'm not sure if it's an indicator of another season though. Even if one doesn't read the manga, it's still pretty clear that Tsuna's journey is still ongoing.

I'm also hoping for another time slot. The themes in the current chapters are pretty dark after all, which might be a reason why the anime ended. Here's hoping for a revival like Gintama!
    No I haven't but I may take a look Another season should be pretty save to assume because KHR is very popular in japan. A reason could be the dark themes or the wish for another animation studio. I heard that the DVD sales are very bad, they could try to increase them by assigning a new studio. A revival like Gintama would be great but I think there's still a lot of time till another season is going to start, maybe around winter next year?

Quote Originally Posted by AL_Briton View Post
    Bakemonogatari, even a OVA or a prequel and i would by happy...
    the prequel, "Kizumonogatari", will come and is already announced

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    No I haven't but I may take a look Another season should be pretty save to assume because KHR is very popular in japan. A reason could be the dark themes or the wish for another animation studio. I heard that the DVD sales are very bad, they could try to increase them by assigning a new studio. A revival like Gintama would be great but I think there's still a lot of time till another season is going to start, maybe around winter next year?
    There's a rumor going on that the new KHR season will take place next spring, but I think that's too soon. As you said the earliest will possibly take place next winter.

If Artland earned a higher budget, it could be possible that a second season might happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my wish list.

Chrome Shelled Regios - It seems like it was just starting to get good when the first season was wrapping up.

Code Geass - A sequel, like maybe something a few decades after the first series ended.

Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi - One of the better manga to anime adaptations. The Manga has put plenty of distance between it and where the first series ended. If they resumed the anime they would hit the good stuff almost right away too.

Bakemonogatari - Definitely the highlight of this year.

------------------------

Trying to think of new series that i think is deserving.... but none really come to mind.

I liked Katanagatari a great deal but you can't make a sequel to that.(not with the way it ended) Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu was ok but i''m not sure i think it was deserving, got to convoluted. They unraveled it a bit by the end but not enough for me to want to watch more.

I guess it's been sort of a dry year for good anime.
    Last edited by Jammin; December 30, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see another season of Kuragehime. The season ended well and everything but I think not many people know of the anime and the great characters in it (like Mayaya), which will most likely lead to it not having a second season.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Darker than Black, and Code Geass...both of these series have a feeling to them, that no other anime had, maybe except Death Note...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Space Battleship Yamato
    It has this amazing super oldschool feeling (obviously because it is old) and this slightly retro-futuristic scenario, really awesome. And cmon, who isn't impressed by super large battle ships and all this naval tradition?

And the old Hellsing anime. The style was awesome, and Alucard is one of the coolest protagonists ever, not to mention Seras Victoria appearing. It was just way better then Hellsing Ultimate imo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Baccano! could use another season. I believe it is based on a light novel series, so I think there is more material to cover. Baccano! is one of my favorite anime, but the ending was kind of confusing and wasn't quite satisfying.

Also, Ouran High School Host Club should have another season. This is one of the funniest anime I have ever seen and I know there is more source material to cover.

Another anime that I wouldn't mind seeing another season of his History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. It ended after Kenichi's fight with Odin I think. There is a ton of source material left to cover. I guess it was too expensive to create for the amount of ratings it got.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Baccano is good as it is, the specials published later already ruined it a little bit in my opinion.

Durarara on the other hand could use a second season, to explain characters as Izaya, Heijou and that dark russian guy more. Though, I doubt it would be as interesting ad the first season, without the Celty and Dollars plotlines, which are pretty much perfect as they are, and should not be touched anymore.

I'd like to see more HSDK, the anime did a great job. And as far as shonen goes; more animated Ippo please!

But the most I'd want to see Kaiji to continue. There are two arcs to adapt for anime atleast, and maybe the new season would get some people to translate more of the manga.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, full metal panic and darker than black were mentioned.
    I'm waiting for the third season of those two too.
    TLOTLH is also mentioned already! I want season 2!

Well, there is still only one other that I'm waiting for too,

Umineko no naku koro ni Chiru
    the answer arc to everything in the question arc, but I really hope Deen won't mess things up again. I'm pretty sure it'll come, the question is when.

So will FMP and DTB, the third season will come, just the matter of when(their fanbase is huge and a lot of questions are still unanswered plus for fmp, there are quite alot of novels left).

But I do worry about DTB, maybe it won't get a third season.

Another thing is I hope they'll animate Code:Breaker

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t mind another season of Kimi ni Todoke at all. The manga hasn’t ended yet so there is still hope for another season. The second season of the anime ended with one of the most awaited events in the series
    Spoiler show
    , but I still want to see more about the characters, their interactions and relationships, in short, I would like to see what happens next to the characters of Kimi following the last episode of the season 2.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 07, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect another season of KimiTodo, the manga is so popular I'd be more surprised if this was the end. I still haven't had a chance to watch season two, so they can take their time getting to it.

I would have loved another season of Angel Beats. Great as the ending was, it was an ending. There's no where left to go except alternate realities :|

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore
    Wolf's Rain
    HSD:K
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    Big O
    Blood+
    Gantz
    High School of the Dead
    Jyu Oh Sei
    Seirei no Moribito
    Tokko

New Reply