Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2003

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I give up...anyway...the last time we saw Sasuke it was before Madara set out for war...and the war didn't last weeks...it's only been 1 day and 1 full night
    Since Sasuke's eye transplant i think at most its been 2 weeks. I know it all feels like its been only 3-4 days. But i think more time has passed since the Alliance was formed then most of us think. It takes a little while to get every village to prepare a few thousand shinobi and get them all set up in Kumo. But ya the actual war has not gone one for more then a day.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Since Sasuke's eye transplant i think at most its been 2 weeks. I know it all feels like its been only 3-4 days. But i think more time has passed since the Alliance was formed then most of us think. It takes a little while to get every village to prepare a few thousand shinobi and get them all set up in Kumo. But ya the actual war has not gone one for more then a day.
    That's true...the transplant itself was way back, but we still saw Sasuke recovering, 1 manga day ago, so I guess we won't see him soon enough...
    Anyways I think when Madara will decide to capture Bee and will either succeed or be in the process, that's when Sasuke will appear...I mean Naruto was promised to Sasuke so...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I know JU-NI still does Bleach...and they have their own site...just google it and it will pop up...however the rest...hmmm...I dunno...I will search for Naruto, but I don't think I will find anyone who is doing it regularly...even JU-NI with Beach...they are 3 chapters behind...
    Really? Man I miss one manga, every few weeks they would take the time to get high quality scanlations for the big 3..... I know about juni's site however I find it overall a bit unpractical. I was wondering if there was any other site that would host their scanlations lol.... Gotta miss the old days when there were 3 scanlations released for each manga over the course of the week. Whatever happened to HM scanlations? Is anyone using cnet translations these days? Manga fox is plagued with manga stream scanlations, mangagamestotal mirrors sleepyfan scanlations from 4 different sites.... Seriously, what happened with all the groups doing this stuff? It's like they all died when manga helpers stopped hosting manga...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Publishers told mangahosting sites to gtfo with hosting, hence why sites like OM and MH stopped. It's sad, really, because it's a waste of time on their part, and it's inconvenient for us. Scared many other groups as well, I guess.

I never knew OM took the time to get high quality scans. I only saw low quality that was known as Sleepyfans back when SF was first in releasing manga. I remember reading SF first and augmenting it with Binktopia for better quality and translation. It sucks Japflap was taken down as I trusted them the most and liked their scans. Rather, they stopped scanlating because of I think publishers.

If I recall, there was a site that replaced old scanlations with Japflap, was it MangaReader? Anyway, online manga readers are business so they will do whatever they can to earn a profit, evne if it means using bad scanlations as long as it comes out first. MangaFox got a bad rep, if I recall, when they started hosting MangaStream's scans and refused to take it down. Even limited some of the admins' power who took it down at MS's request.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I think whoever is doing Mangareader's translations is doing a damn fine job at it right now, hell, I think even their translations are more accurate than MS's translator, Hisshou. That's not to say Hisshou isn't an excellent translator as well. But the thing is, sometimes Hisshou takes a few liberties here and there which causes some of the translation to get lost. But as for someone on MS who takes wayyy too many liberties...... that's naruhodo. Welp, can't help it since he is very inexperienced compared to the others.......

If I had to choose between these 3, I think I'd pick Mangareader. Their scan quality is also quite good and on top of that, they translate Bee's raps quite well. Perhaps even better than Hisshou's. The difference between them is that I feel Mangareader's translator is more accurate and doesn't take any liberties compared to Hisshou. (of course, it's actually only a gut feeling)

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I never knew OM took the time to get high quality scans.
    They didn't lol. After they shut down and I switched to mangastream I was astounded at the quality. But I do so miss OM, their archives were unparalleled.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

OM was decent, but their reader was bad. MangaToshokan and MangaReader had/have better readers. I miss when MT hosted manga as well, nothing like reading Naruto on a good, high quality reader.

Japflap, I miss you like a French fry misses ketchup. T_T

Used to be so fun when spoilers came out on Monday and stayed until Thursday or Friday. We'd get the chapters either on Thursday or Friday, waiting for it and complaining when it didn't come out and asking when it'll come out. Nowadays, it's just less than a day of spoiler, then the chapter releases. Not as fun.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember that at least with bleach they regularly updated their sleepy fan translations with juni ones... Probably not the case for other mangas though.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    OM was decent, but their reader was bad. MangaToshokan and MangaReader had/have better readers. I miss when MT hosted manga as well, nothing like reading Naruto on a good, high quality reader.

Japflap, I miss you like a French fry misses ketchup. T_T

Used to be so fun when spoilers came out on Monday and stayed until Thursday or Friday. We'd get the chapters either on Thursday or Friday, waiting for it and complaining when it didn't come out and asking when it'll come out. Nowadays, it's just less than a day of spoiler, then the chapter releases. Not as fun.
    Good times,good times...
    As for myself,i also remember the race to get the first coloring of the chapter out.The art section used to be really active back then.Ah,well...

As for the readers,Mangareader has fast releases,but the double spreads are better on Mangastream and Mangafox.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member $nipe's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really off topic, but I was reading on Slashdot and found this article about how scientists can read the brain and predict movements. Made me think: "So this is how a sharingan would work".

http://scienceblog.com/45995/scienti...rain-activity/

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

@Rikudou King: They were not considered non-essential and killed, they were killed for plotting treason.

The balance doesn't require Naruto to sit on a perch waiting like a totem to be seen as enemies pass by, the other villages likely just respect that each village has ownership. The balance could have been disturbed over time in not for the war creating unity or for most villages losing their beasts anyway. There is no rule that people must take advantage on your timeline. They could have been building forces, who knows. Anyway, no one probably feared a reaction from Konoha since Konoha gave them out to create the balance in the first place. As for Kumo, who knows what they would have been plotting, but they are known for doing shit to grab power from other villages (Hinata/Kushina).
    Last edited by jdw; July 04, 2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: @Rikudou King

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    @Rikudou King: They were not considered non-essential and killed, they were killed for plotting treason.

The balance doesn't require Naruto to sit on a perch waiting like a totem to be seen as enemies pass by, the other villages likely just respect that each village has ownership. The balance could have been disturbed over time in not for the war creating unity or for most villages losing their beasts anyway. There is no rule that people must take advantage on your timeline. They could have been building forces, who knows. Anyway, no one probably feared a reaction from Konoha since Konoha gave them out to create the balance in the first place. As for Kumo, who knows what they would have been plotting, but they are known for doing shit to grab power from other villages (Hinata/Kushina).
    The point still remains that it he's willing to kill a couple dozen people to protect Konoha, killing one or two more isn't gonna make a difference.

But the balance would require said Jinchuuriki to be present in the actual village, otherwise the village not having the Bijuu isn't an issue. If the Jinchuuriki can be absent from the villages for multiple years, then there's not much difference between that and waiting for the Bijuu to be reborn into the world. If the balance wasn't a problem because the war created unity, then considering Madara attacked after the Third war, that doesn't change anything.
    Building forces is hardly an excuse, as we have actually seen that they don't require that much time to prepare for war. It's far from just Konoha that would attacked. Both Iwa and Kumo have shown militaristic aggression. against the much weaker Suna and Kiri, they wouldn't have much trouble even with them possessing their Jinchuuriki. The fact is, that for being so supposedly important, the so-called balance hasn't effected a thing.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The point still remains that it he's willing to kill a couple dozen people to protect Konoha, killing one or two more isn't gonna make a difference.

But the balance would require said Jinchuuriki to be present in the actual village, otherwise the village not having the Bijuu isn't an issue. If the Jinchuuriki can be absent from the villages for multiple years, then there's not much difference between that and waiting for the Bijuu to be reborn into the world. If the balance wasn't a problem because the war created unity, then considering Madara attacked after the Third war, that doesn't change anything.
    Building forces is hardly an excuse, as we have actually seen that they don't require that much time to prepare for war. It's far from just Konoha that would attacked. Both Iwa and Kumo have shown militaristic aggression. against the much weaker Suna and Kiri, they wouldn't have much trouble even with them possessing their Jinchuuriki. The fact is, that for being so supposedly important, the so-called balance hasn't effected a thing.
    I wouldn't really agree with this. Often time people can be cautious because of what they think you have. So, if another village knows Konoha has Kyuubi, it is true even when Naruto is out on a mission. Unless they are tracking his every move, they cannot really know his exact location at all times and whether he would arrive to help the village, to be summoned, etc. Furthermore, if Naruto was killed, an opposing village could find out and wait until the time was right to strike. If an opposing village does not find out right away, they might become aware when Kyuubi is reborn and starts tearing up shit.

Time building forces was an example, there could be any number of reasons not to launch attacks at a given time. even if Kumo could overpower Suna or Kiri, Kumo might still have to worry about any alliances that might have been formed, etc. Anyway, I don't really think your view takes into account importance nuances.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I wouldn't really agree with this. Often time people can be cautious because of what they think you have. So, if another village knows Konoha has Kyuubi, it is true even when Naruto is out on a mission. Unless they are tracking his every move, they cannot really know his exact location at all times and whether he would arrive to help the village, to be summoned, etc. Furthermore, if Naruto was killed, an opposing village could find out and wait until the time was right to strike. If an opposing village does not find out right away, they might become aware when Kyuubi is reborn and starts tearing up shit.

Time building forces was an example, there could be any number of reasons not to launch attacks at a given time. even if Kumo could overpower Suna or Kiri, Kumo might still have to worry about any alliances that might have been formed, etc. Anyway, I don't really think your view takes into account importance nuances.
    Just adding to this, the biggest reason I think we haven't seen villages attack eachother since the Third Shinobi War was because if you leave to attack someone else, your home is vulnerable.

The whole reason the whole Suna invasion could have worked for Konoha was because they had a Jinchuriki and an entire other country helping them. It was a complete surprise attack that utterly failed, but it's still reasonable to see why it would work.

If one country just openly declared war on another, the whole world would be in chaos because you would have multiple countires ready to strike when they see someone show any weakness. The whole reason Itachi stopped the Uchiha clan from rebelling wasn't just to save Konoha, but to save all of the ninja world, because if Konoha went down, it would be an endless cycle of village attacking one another until no one was left.

In every ninja war we hear about, it isn't just one village attacking another, but multiple villages fighting. The 2nd ninja war had at least Konoha, Suna, and Ame. The 3rd had Konoha, Kumo, and Iwa.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

21. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Just adding to this, the biggest reason I think we haven't seen villages attack eachother since the Third Shinobi War was because if you leave to attack someone else, your home is vulnerable.

The whole reason the whole Suna invasion could have worked for Konoha was because they had a Jinchuriki and an entire other country helping them. It was a complete surprise attack that utterly failed, but it's still reasonable to see why it would work.

If one country just openly declared war on another, the whole world would be in chaos because you would have multiple countires ready to strike when they see someone show any weakness. The whole reason Itachi stopped the Uchiha clan from rebelling wasn't just to save Konoha, but to save all of the ninja world, because if Konoha went down, it would be an endless cycle of village attacking one another until no one was left.

In every ninja war we hear about, it isn't just one village attacking another, but multiple villages fighting. The 2nd ninja war had at least Konoha, Suna, and Ame. The 3rd had Konoha, Kumo, and Iwa.
    This helped me accept/tolerate why Itachi chose to annihilate his clan rather than risk a civil war within Konoha.

Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast