Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2003

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

Sasuke and Itachi had no bonds left though, while Naruto and Sakura did with Sasuke. Kakashi wouldn't want Naruto and Sakura to see Kakashi killing someone they were close to, while Sasuke had no feelinsg for Itachi at all. Kakashi could handle Sasuke, but he likely couldn't handle Itachi, someone that Sasuke would want to kill. Kakashi, if I recall, allowed Sasuke to have his revenge, but he also made sure that it wasn't all Sasuke thought about, reminding Sasuke he still had friends and etc.

The thing is, we don't know when Kakashi created or learned most of his techniques that he currently knows. All we know is that he got his Sharingan at age 12 and created chidori around age 12, if not before. Kakashi may not be as powerful as Orochimaru or push Sasuke way to his limit, but there's no reason to think Kakashi wouldn't do well with Sasuke.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke and Itachi had no bonds left though, while Naruto and Sakura did with Sasuke. Kakashi wouldn't want Naruto and Sakura to see Kakashi killing someone they were close to, while Sasuke had no feelinsg for Itachi at all. Kakashi could handle Sasuke, but he likely couldn't handle Itachi, someone that Sasuke would want to kill.
    Kakashi didn't seem to want to let Naruto and the others see him kill Kakuzu either though...to me, the older generation didn't want the younger generation to experience what they did growing up...even now, they don't have to experience it in the same way, since they're fighting against plants and zombies for the most part, lol

Quote Quote:
    Kakashi, if I recall, allowed Sasuke to have his revenge, but he also made sure that it wasn't all Sasuke thought about, reminding Sasuke he still had friends and etc.
    I'm not really sure what you mean by Kakashi allowing Sasuke to have his revenge, every time he's had a talk to Sasuke about revenge, it's about how his power isn't for revenge and how revenge doesn't fill the hole in your heart.

Quote Quote:
    The thing is, we don't know when Kakashi created or learned most of his techniques that he currently knows. All we know is that he got his Sharingan at age 12 and created chidori around age 12, if not before. Kakashi may not be as powerful as Orochimaru or push Sasuke way to his limit, but there's no reason to think Kakashi wouldn't do well with Sasuke.
    It's true that we don't know when Kakashi created/learned most of his current techs, but I can't imagine a Raiton Kage Bunshin not coming in handy earlier in the series...and again, I'm not saying that Kakashi would do a poor job with Sasuke, I'm just saying that Sasuke's ceiling is much lower with Kakashi than it is with Orochimaru. He'd still end up a high-Jounin-level shinobi, he just wouldn't be spamming snakes and partial-Curse seal transformations.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killbill View Post
    I read somewhere that in an interview or something kishi said that this was kakashi's year(meaning we're gonna get more kakashi screen time).Can anyone verify this? Maybe post a link of the interview or something? Thanks
    Truth be told, I'm lazy to look for it right now but yeah Kishi said so in an interview. It was about 2010, but then he said he couldn't make [big Kakashi thing] in time, so that he'll adress it in 2011..
    not like anything happened so far XD

but from this comes my hope for Kakashi VS Kabuto..

edit: nah, here
    Jump festa 2010 (interview was held december 2009)
    http://mynarutoblog.com/masashi-kish...ump-festa-2010
    Quote Quote:
    Next year is Kakashi’s year
    Next year, Kakashi is the main character
    Jump festa 2011 (end of 2010) http://www.nwanime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18471
    Quote Quote:
    (The Kakashi Part):
    Kishi: Although I talked of Kakashi last year im ending up passing the year (carrying it over). Sorry about that. Im planning alot this time.
    Last edited by Darjaille; August 09, 2011 at 02:57 AM.

ex oriente lux

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This just means Kishimoto is unable to plan his own manga, exactly like we got an Isshin arc this year, hahaha. Some mangaka are good at organizing their schedules, the prior Top 3 are not.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Kakashi didn't seem to want to let Naruto and the others see him kill Kakuzu either though...to me, the older generation didn't want the younger generation to experience what they did growing up...even now, they don't have to experience it in the same way, since they're fighting against plants and zombies for the most part, lol
    He never really told them not to see it, but there really was no reason for them to see Kakashi pop one in Kakuzu, was there? I think it was only Kakashi checking up on Kakuzu, so he was the one closest, but before he even knew whether Kakuzu survived, he told the others to walk. Besides, what would the others do there if Kakuzu was already dead? I think it was more due to others seeing him kill Kakuzu or even going there being redundant that Kakashi offered to go by himself.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not really sure what you mean by Kakashi allowing Sasuke to have his revenge, every time he's had a talk to Sasuke about revenge, it's about how his power isn't for revenge and how revenge doesn't fill the hole in your heart.
    He never did tell Sasuke to not get revenge, if I recall. I think Kakashi was telling Sasuke not to think about revenge or just revenge as Sasuke had precious comrades. He was telling Sasuke that there was more to life than just revenge, he didn't want Sasuke to be focused on revenge or only on revenge, especially since it made him try to kill Naruto on the roof of the hospital. The chidori was given to Sasuke to protect his friends, especially from Itachi, I can't see Kakashi dissuading Sasuke from fighting Itachi.

Quote Quote:
    It's true that we don't know when Kakashi created/learned most of his current techs, but I can't imagine a Raiton Kage Bunshin not coming in handy earlier in the series...and again, I'm not saying that Kakashi would do a poor job with Sasuke, I'm just saying that Sasuke's ceiling is much lower with Kakashi than it is with Orochimaru. He'd still end up a high-Jounin-level shinobi, he just wouldn't be spamming snakes and partial-Curse seal transformations.
    I understand. :P
    Last edited by M3J; August 09, 2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member killbill's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Truth be told, I'm lazy to look for it right now but yeah Kishi said so in an interview. It was about 2010, but then he said he couldn't make [big Kakashi thing] in time, so that he'll adress it in 2011..
    not like anything happened so far XD

but from this comes my hope for Kakashi VS Kabuto..

edit: nah, here
    Jump festa 2010 (interview was held december 2009)
    http://mynarutoblog.com/masashi-kish...ump-festa-2010

Jump festa 2011 (end of 2010) http://www.nwanime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18471
    So what do you think kakashi's remarkable role will be?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

So what do you think kakashi's remarkable role will be?
    As I said, I hope for Kabuto VS Kakashi - in the moment where Kabuto doesn't have ETs free to help him. The "Kakashi, Kabuto=equals" has been dragged on since Part I...
    And I want to see Kakashi with Kubikiri ... all fired up. He got emotional with ET, so that's what I want to see, even if 7 Swordsman fight were to be skipped (and it looks like that), I would be ok with it if Kishi showed his 'rampage' against Kabuto.

Anyway, I have high hopes for whatever Kishi has planned for us. And better be it good

ex oriente lux

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who gets frustrated with summons in Naruto? It is generally (and understandably) accepted that summons are considered part of a ninja's "power". Sometimes...I just think it's pretty lame.

If it's a brainless summon like Anko's snake arms, or Jiraiya's toad stomach, then I'm okay with it. But if the summon is a just as intelligent, and even stronger than a Jonin, I have an issue.

What I'm saying is: Anyone can learn to summon a giant toad, snake, or salamander and have it do the work for them. It's lame. There is no skill in that kind of victory and it's not remotely fair in a one on one fight. However, in a war they are totally acceptable.

(Edit: Hanzo part was wrong.)
    In part one, when all I saw Jiraiya do was summon shit, I was not at all impressed with him as a ninja.
    When Pain was just using Animal Realm, I was very frustrated.

When a summon can finish a job without the ninja's help (yet the ninja gets the credit), something is wrong with the picture.

In short:

Narutoverse perspective: That guy can summon things; he must be really strong.
    my perspective: That guy used a summon; he's not strong enough to win on his own.
    Last edited by Nicholas.Sama; August 10, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with summons that can use weapons and such, like some of Jiraiya's toads...when the summons can perform ninjutsu and genjutsu though, it definitely is a bit much IMO...I remember when Orochimaru fought with Jiraiya and Tsunade, I was more impressed by Manda, since he had neither acid nor a sword, lol...

Overall though, I think the summons have been done pretty well. The only summons I really have a problem with are Ma and Pa, and that's only because each of them seem to be stronger than their summoner (although if Naruto summons them, I suppose Naruto is stronger than them). It just seems weird to have Manda, who was strong enough to keep Orochimaru on guard, blatantly act disobedient and such, while Ma and Pa are just all for helping their contractor lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Ma and Pa are a nice couple, they are essentially closes of Yoda, they even lived for 900 years lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asvin's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post
    Am I the only one who gets frustrated with summons in Naruto? It is generally (and understandably) accepted that summons are considered part of a ninja's "power". Sometimes...I just think it's pretty lame.

If it's a brainless summon like Anko's snake arms, or Jiraiya's toad stomach, then I'm okay with it. But if the summon is a just as intelligent, and even stronger than a Jonin, I have an issue.

What I'm saying is: Anyone can learn to summon a giant toad, snake, or salamander and have it do the work for them. It's lame. There is no skill in that kind of victory and it's not remotely fair in a one on one fight. However, in a war they are totally acceptable.

(Edit: Hanzo part was wrong.)
    In part one, when all I saw Jiraiya do was summon shit, I was not at all impressed with him as a ninja.
    When Pain was just using Animal Realm, I was very frustrated.

When a summon can finish a job without the ninja's help (yet the ninja gets the credit), something is wrong with the picture.

In short:

Narutoverse perspective: That guy can summon things; he must be really strong.
    my perspective: That guy used a summon; he's not strong enough to win on his own.
    Actually, I think it is fair to use summons. My understanding is that the more intelligent or bigger the summon, the more chakra you need to summon them to the battle field.

Kage Bunshin for example distributes your chakra evenly between the amount you've created, most go with one so your chakra is generally split in half. For that amount you get a copy of yourself with all your knowledge, gear and enough chakra to pull off most of your techs but on the downside they are fairly easy to kill.
    Animal summons are sturdier but aren't often as intelligent, come with a preset of skills and weapons that they chose and what ever chakra they happen to have at that moment in time. Another down side would be that you have to earn their loyalty besides just having the blood contract. Then their is the contract that locks you into only being able to summon one type of animal. A lot of the 'darker' characters in Naruto only seem to make use of the less intelligent but large animal summons, arguable because the animals do have a say in who they work for/team up with.

Those are a lot of restriction that prevent ninja from just spamming summons and running away from the fight. It's only the stronger individuals that seems to bend the rules or outright break them but that another topic. Imho, it's a fair amount of give and take so I have no issues with summons in general.
    "All the good women are married, all the handsome men are gay."

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asvin View Post
    Actually, I think it is fair to use summons. My understanding is that the more intelligent or bigger the summon, the more chakra you need to summon them to the battle field.
    Adding to that, I think one needs Sage chakra to summon the elders

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Think that for someone to summon something, it has to tame it or agree to the contract with. And seems that not every animal will accept every ninja.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member killbill's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, when you sign a contract you can summon at will but the animal can also summon you.It works both ways doesnt it?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, when you sign a contract you can summon at will but the animal can also summon you.It works both ways doesnt it?
    Apparently it does.

You can also use the blood of someone that has the contract signed (Suigetsu summoning Manda with Sasuke/Orochimaru/Kabuto's blood).
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Thread Closed
Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast