Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11 - Part 7

Gaara's sand is not confirmed as a mix of wind/earth, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Translation, people who wanted a reason to hate Sasuke finally got one, so they took the bait and have been running ever since.
    Honestly, I think many people have justifiably hated Sasuke since:

Last edited by jdw; June 15, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jdw, you bastard gratz on OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!! posts....

but in all serious all the sasuke hate I think spurs from his attitude, I hate his ego and his mannerism's toward other characters, its just plain ass annoying.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't Consider Sasuke very evil. Sure, He's the premier villain, But considering all that we have seen from both the "bad" guys and "good" guys, Sasuke's pretty straight forward. Sasuke's act of murder is hardly worst then what most ninjas do for A and S rank missions and is nothing compared to experimenting and torturing people. I suppose it all depends on perception.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Gaara's sand is not confirmed as a mix of wind/earth, as far as I know.
    <hr noshade size="1">

Honestly, I think many people have justifiably hated Sasuke since:

So Sasuke kicked Naruto's ass in a mutually-agreed fight Not the best reason to hate someone, but it wasn't because he was evil.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say just because of an "ass kicking," I'd say it could be more along the lines of people hating Sasuke for intending to kill Naruto, and actualy trying to kill Naruto, as part of a revenge-fueled power grab. You see it one way, others can see it another way, more closely aligned with reality.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I wouldn't say just because of an "ass kicking," I'd say it could be more along the lines of people hating Sasuke for intending to kill Naruto, and actualy trying to kill Naruto, as part of a revenge-fueled power grab. You see it one way, others can see it another way, more closely aligned with reality.

If reality is killing a guard makes you Satan incarnate then I'll pass on that form of reality. Naruto was also trying to hurt and blast Sasuke into last week as well during that fight. Does that make Naruto evil too? It seems people are being one-sided with the results of that fight. There is enough blame for both sides don't you think?

Kishi has constantly shown "evil" people like Gaara, Itachi, and Pein with legitimate reasons to justify their behavior. People love Gaara and Itachi even though their atrocities make Sasuke's action a joke. Even Pein's actions of oblitierating the village seems to have been forgotten and people look at him in a good/neutral light. However, people want to lynch Sasuke for anything. Sasuke left the village. Let's lynch him (even if Naruto wanted the opposite). Sasuke tried to capture the Hachibi and failed. Lynch him. Sasuke killed a guard. Lynch him. Sasuke killed the man behind his clan's demise. Lynch him. Sasuke stole an ice cream cone from a little girl. Lynch him.

Sasuke is clearly becoming a very dark character, but the mob's punishment doesn't match the crime yet. People have been screaming for their pound of flesh way before Sasuke did anyting to warrant it. Is this just people's desire to hate a villan or is there really some act that occurred that has made Sasuke irredeemable unlike Gaara or tiachi. Because as of yet I haven't seen anyting that makes him worse than those two.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

simple reason for that. Sasuke started out cool and became a douchebag. Everyone else started out as douches and became cool. Of course most people won't like him, he's annoying as hell. Though I must admit that his recent trolling rampage has made a lot more likable, probably for the wrong reasons >_>

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what blame for Naruto? He was sent by the hokage to stop a shinobi from going rogue, and he tried to protect Sasuke from evil. Naruto did not try to kill Sasuke.

Sasuke was embracing evil to gain power, abandoning his village to gain power, and tried to kill Naruto to do what? Gain power.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

Sasuke did change his mind about killing Naruto though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, but he formed the intent and acted upon it. Naruto would be dead if not for Kyuubi's regeneration and Sasuke didn't know that. Just deciding to not kill him later, after forming the intent and trying to complete the act, may not unring that bell for some, and I can understand.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

That sasuke is evil is beyond doubt to me. But its also beyond doubt that he just like almost all other villains in naruto, has quite a good reason to be so. I think its a very good writing on part of kishi that he makes me feel like that, unreasonably just-born evils are too simple and too unrealistic. And the closer sasuke got to his revenge the worse he became. Its pretty fantastic. And that many people hate him isn't a bad thing either.these days most villains have gotten flashy and somethings to go 'wow' over. Thats hardly what a villain is supposed to be.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kthy0056's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    And that many people hate him isn't a bad thing either.these days most villains have gotten flashy and somethings to go 'wow' over. Thats hardly what a villain is supposed to be.
    I agree, the villain is to be despised, not loved by everyone.

Anyway, I never felt he was interesting from the begining . His "coolness" factor was overshadowed by Kakashi in the first chapters for me, and he was a bit shallow, the unsympathetic, loner kind of guy like Cloud from Final Fantasy or Vegeta from DBZ.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kthy0056 View Post
    I agree, the villain is to be despised, not loved by everyone.

Anyway, I never felt he was interesting from the begining . His "coolness" factor was overshadowed by Kakashi in the first chapters for me, and he was a bit shallow, the unsympathetic, loner kind of guy like Cloud from Final Fantasy or Vegeta from DBZ.
    Don't compare Sasuke to Cloud or Vegeta, those 2 overshadow Sasuke in every shape and form, seriosly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Quetzal's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where the hell are the links to the scans for chapter 499. It's already on Mangastream but a ican't find any links to the new Naruto chapter on Mangahelpers, whats's going on???

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post
    Where the hell are the links to the scans for chapter 499. It's already on Mangastream but a ican't find any links to the new Naruto chapter on Mangahelpers, whats's going on???
    If you mean why there's no place to read/link to the chapter in our database then read this announcement: CLICKY CLICK.

We've stopped hosting scanlations/raws, so that's why there's no place to read the chapter here anymore.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast